Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England v Malta 16:36 - Nov 18 with 1539 viewsgrumpy

What was that all about? Why play with so much fear? Terrified of losing the ball, passing backwards and sideways. Possession football.Rather see a player trying to beat another than passing backwards etc. England have some world class players use them as such.When they announced there was 6 min extra time you could hear a groan..😂
[Post edited 18 Nov 2023 17:25]
England v Malta on 18:53 - Nov 18 with 1426 viewsarfurdent

overpaid t0ssers

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

England v Malta on 08:25 - Nov 19 with 1285 viewssledger

its a southgate team what do you expect
England v Malta on 09:09 - Nov 19 with 1275 viewssaintwizzler

2-0 win by the fringe players and Kane.
Played at half speed.
No injuries, no suspensions.
Job done.

On to Macedonia tomorrow.

WE ENGLISH NOT SCOUSE ON

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

England v Malta on 10:04 - Nov 19 with 1234 viewsA1079

It was about a team that did not really want to play the fixture and would quite happily have not done so. About players that did not want to be there (and did not want to risk injury) and were thinking about their club rather than performing for their country in front of their audience. It was about players who only got drafted in because the more familiar usual ones had scuttled back to their clubs or removed themselves from the commitment who will have played the week before and will no doubt be available to play next week.
England v Malta on 11:54 - Nov 19 with 1176 viewsBerber

This was definitely a B grade game, and the performances suited. Alexander-Arnold is no international midfielder. Nor is Gallagher if it comes to it. Henderson proved once and for all that he is WAY past his sell by date. If Tomori showed in training that he knows how to be a LB, then he used up all his credits on the training pitch, he was dire. How can Southgate pick a squad that doesn’t have the flexibility to be able to match Malta? I felt sorry for the quality players out there, waiting for their low grade team mates to wake up. One of the worst England performances I have ever seen.

Players like Foden and Palmer need sharp, intelligent players around them, not bags of sand. For much of the game, Maguire was our main distribution outlet. How disgraceful is that?
England v Malta on 12:23 - Nov 19 with 1167 views1885_SFC

As someone who was born in Malta (my dad was stationed there on Royal Navy submarines many moons ago), I was cheering for them... if only to embarrass the waistcoat w@nker.

Old School is Cool

England v Malta on 12:37 - Nov 19 with 1164 viewssledger

England v Malta on 11:54 - Nov 19 by Berber

This was definitely a B grade game, and the performances suited. Alexander-Arnold is no international midfielder. Nor is Gallagher if it comes to it. Henderson proved once and for all that he is WAY past his sell by date. If Tomori showed in training that he knows how to be a LB, then he used up all his credits on the training pitch, he was dire. How can Southgate pick a squad that doesn’t have the flexibility to be able to match Malta? I felt sorry for the quality players out there, waiting for their low grade team mates to wake up. One of the worst England performances I have ever seen.

Players like Foden and Palmer need sharp, intelligent players around them, not bags of sand. For much of the game, Maguire was our main distribution outlet. How disgraceful is that?

maguire still managed to turn the ball over a number of times.What is this thing that trent alexander has to be found a position in an england team,not a goalie,not a striker and cant defend to save his life,not much left is there.
England v Malta on 13:09 - Nov 19 with 1148 viewsdirk_doone

It was very strange team selection from Southgate. He played 2 right wing-backs and no left wing-back at all. Instead, a right-footed central defender, Tomori, was supposed to cover that side. Up front, he selected a terribly out of form Rashford, who nowadays just wanders around looking depressed.

But, as Southgate fans point out, we won again and we'll finish top of our qualifying group.

I know there are 1 or 2 fans on here, Hedge End Saint, who never miss an England game at Wembley but I'm glad I pick and choose and so miss the 'paper aeroplane games' against poor opposition like Malta. I was there when we beat Italy 3-1 and I'll be there again for the next home game v Brazil.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2023 13:21]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

England v Malta on 15:39 - Nov 19 with 1089 viewsBerber

England v Malta on 13:09 - Nov 19 by dirk_doone

It was very strange team selection from Southgate. He played 2 right wing-backs and no left wing-back at all. Instead, a right-footed central defender, Tomori, was supposed to cover that side. Up front, he selected a terribly out of form Rashford, who nowadays just wanders around looking depressed.

But, as Southgate fans point out, we won again and we'll finish top of our qualifying group.

I know there are 1 or 2 fans on here, Hedge End Saint, who never miss an England game at Wembley but I'm glad I pick and choose and so miss the 'paper aeroplane games' against poor opposition like Malta. I was there when we beat Italy 3-1 and I'll be there again for the next home game v Brazil.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2023 13:21]

That is the approach that I thought to take with Southampton this season, and nearly half way through I haven’t been tempted yet.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024