Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shane McGowan Dead 12:59 - Nov 30 with 1886 viewsSaintNick

Never a great fan of the Pogues but sad to hear of his demise

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Shane McGowan Dead on 13:05 - Nov 30 with 1869 viewskernow

Great songwriter, sad news.
Shane McGowan Dead on 13:12 - Nov 30 with 1852 viewsWints76

Very sad news. I never got to see them at their height but my brother always talks of the reopening of The Gaumont when they played and the shenanigans. This is one of my favourite tracks, and the only thing I have ever done on karaoke (it didn't go well)

Shane McGowan Dead on 15:39 - Nov 30 with 1763 viewsTimSaint

Shane McGowan Dead on 13:05 - Nov 30 by kernow

Great songwriter, sad news.

So not on a 'Tuesday Morning', the 'Irish Rover' with 'A Pair Of Brown Eyes' has finally left his 'Sick Bed Of Cuchulainne' on 'Rain Street' in his 'Dirty Old Town', sailing his 'Boat Train' through 'Streams Of Whiskey'.

I don't know whether his life was a 'Fairytale Of New York', 'A Rainy Night In Soho', or 'A Summer In Siam', but we 'Love You Til The End' and all that is left is 'The Body Of An American'.

TimSaint

Shane McGowan Dead on 17:06 - Nov 30 with 1710 viewsUTS1885

Amazed he got to mid 60s with his drinking, must be in the paddy genes.

I can remember as a kid the gaumont had a right bosh with his band.
Shane McGowan Dead on 19:26 - Nov 30 with 1642 viewseastlondonsaint

Gaumont in the 80s - two incredible shows. Tight band, chaotic front bloke - but it worked. I remember seeing more seats flying than an England away game AND a scrap with our neighbouring city! McGowan looked on completely bemused. Great memories - good on you Shane. "Sad to say I must be on my way" RIP
[Post edited 30 Nov 2023 19:29]

"Sit down Bullseye"

Shane McGowan Dead on 19:37 - Nov 30 with 1621 viewskernow

A night of anarchy on stage at the Cornwall Colliseum in the early 80’s with him swigging from a flagon throughout.
Remember years later him describing the joy of biting into an apple after his teeth, which had previously resembled a row of bombed houses, had been fixed.
Geddon fella.
Shane McGowan Dead on 23:10 - Nov 30 with 1547 viewsHeisenberg

Saw them a couple of times in the mid 80s. Great memories. RIP

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Shane McGowan Dead on 18:17 - Dec 1 with 1426 viewsWinchesterExile

Shane McGowan Dead on 19:26 - Nov 30 by eastlondonsaint

Gaumont in the 80s - two incredible shows. Tight band, chaotic front bloke - but it worked. I remember seeing more seats flying than an England away game AND a scrap with our neighbouring city! McGowan looked on completely bemused. Great memories - good on you Shane. "Sad to say I must be on my way" RIP
[Post edited 30 Nov 2023 19:29]

I was there for that. Punched a skate full in the face and decked him.

Happy days.
Login to get fewer ads

Shane McGowan Dead on 20:01 - Dec 1 with 1399 viewsSpringhill_old_boy

Shane McGowan Dead on 15:39 - Nov 30 by TimSaint

So not on a 'Tuesday Morning', the 'Irish Rover' with 'A Pair Of Brown Eyes' has finally left his 'Sick Bed Of Cuchulainne' on 'Rain Street' in his 'Dirty Old Town', sailing his 'Boat Train' through 'Streams Of Whiskey'.

I don't know whether his life was a 'Fairytale Of New York', 'A Rainy Night In Soho', or 'A Summer In Siam', but we 'Love You Til The End' and all that is left is 'The Body Of An American'.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024