Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dykes play last night 16:14 - Dec 2 with 1468 viewsOakR

Chair, JCS and others will rightly get a lot of plaudits for last night - it was a great team performance keeping them at bay most of the game.

I don't know if it was the confidence of two goals midweek, the new way we are playing, but Lyndon looked to me like he had a different energy about him last night. He'll always put a shift in, but just seemed to have that little bit extra last tight competing - I thought he had a great game, linking play and leading the line and hope this is the start of something new for him again.

There are so many more options for him now to lay the ball off, and he seems to be trying to control it on his chest then pass it, more than flick it on with his head - not sure if that is him re-ajusting or how we are passing it to him but it was good to see.

I'm not his harshest critic and neither his biggest fan, but hoping we've found a way to utilise him to his best ability.

Lucky boy to stay on the pitch though....

Poll: Will we stay up?

Dykes play last night on 17:01 - Dec 2 with 1266 viewshoops_legend

He’s a strange striker. I like him a lot but he will never score significant numbers so you have to be a team that doesn’t rely on him..
Dykes play last night on 17:17 - Dec 2 with 1192 viewsBklynRanger

That 'activating' thing Marti mentioned was beyond me, I'm sure it makes sense to them. But I can't be alone in thinking that if he could get the same passion he has for a Scotland shirt, for us, it would give him that bit extra that I think he needs to give his best.

I'm not saying he's been phoning it in, but championship football is different to feeling he's representing his family, even if it is paying him a handsome wage. Hopefully he'll start to get a version of that for us. It won't turn him into Puskas but maybe that's their version of activation.
Dykes play last night on 17:20 - Dec 2 with 1176 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I just watched that wa*ker Ollie Mc Bernie get sent off for 2 stupid elbows to the face of the same poor guy O Shea who must be thinking try hitting someone else.
If VAR was in the Championsip he might have walked IMO.
Still he had one of his better games but he is really helped by the ferocious press we are now employing and keeping the ball in the danger zone is going to be very benificial going forward .
Chair tried multiple times to find his head and once Dykes realises he does not have to be 50 yards away from their goal he will score way more .
He probably would have been subbed if Armstrong was available.
Was there any explaniation why Willock was almost taken off then kept on another master stroke by Marti and his team
Dykes play last night on 17:21 - Dec 2 with 1174 viewsNorthernr

Agree. Obviously been very critical of him for a while but that was much better last night, and also what I want to see from him more often. You don't need to be confident or that good to charge about knocking defenders around, holding the ball up and laying it off. He's more than capable, did it well last night, and needs to do it more often.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024