Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty 15:34 - Dec 8 with 4428 viewsvetchonian

I see the club has announced that safe standing areas will be installed in the stadium for next season....Apologies to Martin Morgan I should have said the Swansea.com

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 15:46 - Dec 8 with 3035 viewsKeithHaynes

In the east stand noisy bit I hear ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 15:55 - Dec 8 with 3014 viewsLuther27

What’s the reasoning behind this? We can’t fill the stadium now.
Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 16:35 - Dec 8 with 2955 viewsReslovenSwan1

The fans have requested this to happen to improve the atmosphere. I doubt the is will raise the capacity of the ground such there is a cash benefit for ddoing it. All the railings
will not come cheap.

The final curtain was brought down on the hillsborough disaster inquiry the other day.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-67634856

Wise sage since Toshack era

Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 16:35 - Dec 8 with 2962 viewsSullutaCreturned

Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 15:55 - Dec 8 by Luther27

What’s the reasoning behind this? We can’t fill the stadium now.

Well there are people who'd prefer to stand.

I think the lower tier of the East could be safe standing, make the pricing more attractive and maybe it'd be quite popular. Maybe try a pay on the day gate too, instead of having to queue at the ticket office.

The club need to be more proactive yes but also, the product on the pitch needs to be better AND the owners need to play it straight and not leave us feeling like mushrooms.
Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 16:43 - Dec 8 with 2946 viewsBoundy

Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 15:46 - Dec 8 by KeithHaynes

In the east stand noisy bit I hear ?

Bit of a wasted announcement , it already is.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 16:49 - Dec 8 with 2925 viewsBoundy

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-install-safe-standing-areas-swanse

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 17:32 - Dec 8 with 2880 viewsRhonddaSwans

Well lets hope the corner of the east stand likes it.
As they are the atmosphere at the game!

I always sit in the east stand because of the vibe I get off our diehard fans.

Am I being nostalgic or was the Vetch a better game day atmosphere?

I use to go on the North banc and I can remember all the ground buzzing.
Even if the game wasn't going our way,
Lee Trundle + Andy Robinson always use to save us!

Its depressing sometimes to see people quite or walking out when we are one goal down...

Poll: Will we beat Poland?

Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 17:34 - Dec 8 with 2876 viewsLuther27

Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 16:35 - Dec 8 by SullutaCreturned

Well there are people who'd prefer to stand.

I think the lower tier of the East could be safe standing, make the pricing more attractive and maybe it'd be quite popular. Maybe try a pay on the day gate too, instead of having to queue at the ticket office.

The club need to be more proactive yes but also, the product on the pitch needs to be better AND the owners need to play it straight and not leave us feeling like mushrooms.

Makes sense when you put it like that.
Login to get fewer ads

Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 17:47 - Dec 8 with 2855 viewsRhonddaSwans

Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 17:34 - Dec 8 by Luther27

Makes sense when you put it like that.

The corner in the east stand is constantly sold out first.
So I assume its mainly season tickets there anyway.
If so the ticket office wouldn't come into it.

I am sure the rail seats at other grounds are sold like a seat.

I am off to do a bit of research on it.

But traditionally standing was cheaper by default .

Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 18:12 - Dec 8 with 2837 viewsTreforys_Jack

Had an email telling me, my seats are going to be safe standing from the start of next season.
Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 18:16 - Dec 8 with 2824 viewsRhonddaSwans

Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 18:12 - Dec 8 by Treforys_Jack

Had an email telling me, my seats are going to be safe standing from the start of next season.

Is there a price change have they given anythinf away in the email?
Will you stay or move?

Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 18:27 - Dec 8 with 2807 viewstrampie

I don't like sitting at rugby or football, standing for me every time.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 18:29 - Dec 8 with 2817 viewsfelixstowe_jack

NU1, NU2, NU3, EU1, EU2, EU3 and EU4. About 1450 seats affected.

Also 500 away supporters area.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 22:31 - Dec 8 with 2652 viewsThrasher6

There should be a pay on the day standing area....that would be fun...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 05:03 - Dec 9 with 2560 viewsTreforys_Jack

Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 18:16 - Dec 8 by RhonddaSwans

Is there a price change have they given anythinf away in the email?
Will you stay or move?

Doesn't mention a price change, I'll be staying put.
Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 09:12 - Dec 9 with 2474 viewsWhiterockin

Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 05:03 - Dec 9 by Treforys_Jack

Doesn't mention a price change, I'll be staying put.

With each barrier being single and relevant to each individual seat, giving you the option to sit or stand. Seats will not be removed and therefore no capacity change. Therefore I would imagine the price structure would be the same as othere seats.
Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 11:09 - Dec 9 with 2405 viewsSullutaCreturned

Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 09:12 - Dec 9 by Whiterockin

With each barrier being single and relevant to each individual seat, giving you the option to sit or stand. Seats will not be removed and therefore no capacity change. Therefore I would imagine the price structure would be the same as othere seats.

Why are we so hesitant over here. In Europe they have all seated stadia full of rail seats and when they use the safe standing it increases capacity.

For example, Borrussia Dortmund's ground, Signal Iduna Park, for International/Euro competition games the all seated capacity is 65,829 but for league games the capacity increases to 81,365 ( a mixture of seated and standing.

The Allianz, 70k that rise to 75k. The Bayarena also does this tho a much smaller increase.

Why don't Uk rules allow a slight increase in capacity?

It doesn't really matter to us right now I guess but if we went up? Do they allow this in the EPL?
Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 17:34 - Dec 9 with 2310 viewsReslovenSwan1

Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 09:12 - Dec 9 by Whiterockin

What about the cost of installation.? If anything the costs should be higher until the installation costs are covered by the fans. I do not know the scale of the works but the steel and drilling / grouting work would be perhaps £300- 500 a seat at a wild guess. An extra £10 per ticket per game to lose the costs in one season.

Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 17:50 - Dec 9 with 2288 viewsWhiterockin

Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 17:34 - Dec 9 by ReslovenSwan1

What about the cost of installation.? If anything the costs should be higher until the installation costs are covered by the fans. I do not know the scale of the works but the steel and drilling / grouting work would be perhaps £300- 500 a seat at a wild guess. An extra £10 per ticket per game to lose the costs in one season.

Why pay extra for the standing up, the cost should be added into stadium maintenance, you will have the supporters paying for the repainting next. If we can afford all the extra wages for management we can afford ground improvements to give supporters what they want.
Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 17:53 - Dec 9 with 2275 viewsReslovenSwan1

Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 17:50 - Dec 9 by Whiterockin

Why pay extra for the standing up, the cost should be added into stadium maintenance, you will have the supporters paying for the repainting next. If we can afford all the extra wages for management we can afford ground improvements to give supporters what they want.

As far as I am concerned if fans want to have safe standing they should pay for it in their season s ticket of match day ticket. It costs a lot of money. Ask the Trust see if they can help. I know the answer to that one.

Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 17:58 - Dec 9 with 2260 viewsWhiterockin

Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 17:53 - Dec 9 by ReslovenSwan1

As far as I am concerned if fans want to have safe standing they should pay for it in their season s ticket of match day ticket. It costs a lot of money. Ask the Trust see if they can help. I know the answer to that one.

Stop keeping on about the trust its really boring. Supporters should not have to pay extra for ground improvements. Supporters are leaving in their droves it up to the club to make the match day experience better, if a standing area fits the remit so be it. If they charge more for any season tickets next season sales will completely collapse.
Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 18:06 - Dec 9 with 2244 viewsSullutaCreturned

Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 17:53 - Dec 9 by ReslovenSwan1

That's why it's just as well you are not in charge, the stadium would be empty.

BTW, at your pricing the standing area would cost someshwere between 585k and 975k, I really don't see them paying that much for it even at the lower price. I'm not sure they need to do any drilling, it may be a case of simply unbolting the current seats and bolting the new rails into existing holes.

What needs grouting?

PS, the fans didn't demand this, the owners decided to do it.
Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 18:19 - Dec 9 with 2225 viewsReslovenSwan1

Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 18:06 - Dec 9 by SullutaCreturned

That's why it's just as well you are not in charge, the stadium would be empty.

BTW, at your pricing the standing area would cost someshwere between 585k and 975k, I really don't see them paying that much for it even at the lower price. I'm not sure they need to do any drilling, it may be a case of simply unbolting the current seats and bolting the new rails into existing holes.

What needs grouting?

PS, the fans didn't demand this, the owners decided to do it.

The steel work will need to be set into the concrete floor and not bend under side loads fans jumping up and down. This means they would need to be well set into the base.

This would be either either by inserting in a drilled hole and grouted in with a thin mix cement mix. Alternatively the steel fence posts will have perhaps 6 inch (150mm) base plates (if strong enough) with probably four 4 inch bolts 100mm long grouted in bolts.

This is basinc structural engineering. You might well remember the Ibrox disaster. In that case the fencing failed under a fans surge and there was a loss of life so there will be strict standards to be followed.

Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 20:50 - Dec 9 with 2156 viewsSullutaCreturned

Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 18:19 - Dec 9 by ReslovenSwan1

The steel work will need to be set into the concrete floor and not bend under side loads fans jumping up and down. This means they would need to be well set into the base.

This would be either either by inserting in a drilled hole and grouted in with a thin mix cement mix. Alternatively the steel fence posts will have perhaps 6 inch (150mm) base plates (if strong enough) with probably four 4 inch bolts 100mm long grouted in bolts.

This is basinc structural engineering. You might well remember the Ibrox disaster. In that case the fencing failed under a fans surge and there was a loss of life so there will be strict standards to be followed.

The barriers can be bolted into the floor. There won't be a crowd like they used to allow in back in the 70's and besides, at Ibrox it happened mostly in a stairwell, not on the terraces. Stairwell 13 had history of problems.

The barriers at the Vetch were bolted onto the terracing but you could get quite a few people into the spaces between them, there will only be one person per seat allowed apparently so there's no chance of a similar crush, as long as stewards do their jobs! The seats are bolted to the floor, not cemeted in.

PS, I was 4 in 1971 so no, I don't.
Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 21:40 - Dec 9 with 2109 viewsReslovenSwan1

Standing areas to be installed at the Liberty on 20:50 - Dec 9 by SullutaCreturned

The barriers can be bolted into the floor. There won't be a crowd like they used to allow in back in the 70's and besides, at Ibrox it happened mostly in a stairwell, not on the terraces. Stairwell 13 had history of problems.

The barriers at the Vetch were bolted onto the terracing but you could get quite a few people into the spaces between them, there will only be one person per seat allowed apparently so there's no chance of a similar crush, as long as stewards do their jobs! The seats are bolted to the floor, not cemeted in.

PS, I was 4 in 1971 so no, I don't.

The fencing failed under load at Ibrox. The steel and fixings of the steel will need to be of a
much higher standard and therefore quite costly. That was the point. Much higher standards will be required today for presumably a "worst possible scenario".

This will include not relying on stewards "to do their jobs". The bolts will need to be of a length commensurate with likely loading. What happened i the Vetch is no guide to modern requirements. I doubt it even had a safety permit. Hillsborough did not have one.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024