Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread 10:12 - Dec 15 with 53324 viewsE17hoop

We will remain unbeaten and a sound away point.

0-0

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:39 - Dec 16 with 2726 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:36 - Dec 16 by Mick_S

That’s my thinking, too. During the game, yes. We need to settle a bit. We’ll be ok.

I think we'll be ok, too.

Another thing Cifuentes might have to change his mind on, though, is taking players on yellows off so early. I'm not sure we can affiord that luxury at half-time, and we should maybe risk them until 65 or 70 minutes at least.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:40 - Dec 16 with 2705 viewssevenhoop

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:35 - Dec 16 by Gloucs_R

Marti should now know that we don't have a squad good enough to rotate.

Really really really fkd off now

Awful performance . We’d have got away with one if we’d held on. Where was the desire to win, score again, high press, win the ball back? None of it. We desperately need Colback back. Field and (particularly) Dozell just not good enough.

But (and I said it at the time), what sort of message was it to put a third centre half on when winning with not long left?! Come and have a go? Well we certainly allowed that. And a system that they’re not used to and not yet played, playing that for the last 10 minutes in a cauldron. Asking for trouble
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:41 - Dec 16 with 2674 viewslassel

Also worth reiterating what I said when we hired Marti - his Hammarby side lost the most points from winning positions of anyone in Allsvenskan this season, partly as he doesn’t believe in ‘managing’ the final minutes and also his decisions were often quite questionable.

I said when he joined that I expected we should expect to throw the remote through the screen at some late points dropped this year.

The frustration is that pretty much any other team at this level deep in the oppositions half on 85 minutes is smart enough and capable enough to shithouse the game out.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:42 - Dec 16 with 2657 viewsQPunkR

Watched the game with a Wednesday mate and I'm fuming at the goals we conceded. Ok we were pretty sht today over the whole game but it's hard to take after being 1-0 up with five minutes to go.
Field simply had to wrap the game up, no idea why he played a weak-as-pïss backpass to their keeper instead of smashing the granny out of that chance FFS. And then instead of píssballing about in the bloody corner in injury time Chair should be belting the ball down the field

QPR - "shit but local"

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:42 - Dec 16 with 2659 viewssevenhoop

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:39 - Dec 16 by BrianMcCarthy

Another thing Cifuentes might have to change his mind on, though, is taking players on yellows off so early. I'm not sure we can affiord that luxury at half-time, and we should maybe risk them until 65 or 70 minutes at least.

How about we stopped getting booked within 2 minutes for needless fouls, then it wouldn’t be a problem? !
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:43 - Dec 16 with 2639 viewsstrikerace

I get that people like Dykes because of his hold up play and doing the "dirty work", but at some point our attacking players need to actually score. We just don't have enough scoring punch. If its not Chair, or maybe Willock, it just doesn't happen
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:46 - Dec 16 with 2583 viewsted_hendrix

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:43 - Dec 16 by strikerace

I get that people like Dykes because of his hold up play and doing the "dirty work", but at some point our attacking players need to actually score. We just don't have enough scoring punch. If its not Chair, or maybe Willock, it just doesn't happen

We haven't had a goalscorer for way too long, It's been painfully obvious for yonks.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:51 - Dec 16 with 2478 viewsStanisgod

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 16:59 - Dec 16 by paulparker

Poor subs again
2 games we have dropped points against Sh1t teams

And there lies the problem, you're better off losing to Preston and Hull and beating Plymouth and Wednesday, but we hardly ever beat the teams around us.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Login to get fewer ads

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:55 - Dec 16 with 2395 viewsted_hendrix

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:39 - Dec 16 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't think we'll be okay not on current form anyway.

As for taking players off at half time that's a bit weird, having said that Armstrong had offered very little In the first half on top of that I don't rate him at all, Cannon not coming out for the second half was a bit Odd but they're you go there must be a reason for It.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:58 - Dec 16 with 2326 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:42 - Dec 16 by sevenhoop

How about we stopped getting booked within 2 minutes for needless fouls, then it wouldn’t be a problem? !

100%.

Some silly bookings again today.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:58 - Dec 16 with 2318 viewslassel

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:43 - Dec 16 by strikerace

I mean I’m not wild on Dykes but there wasn’t much he could’ve done today - pretty much everytime we won it back we smashed it long at him vs 3 defenders with Chair and Willock back helping out. We could’ve had Haaland out there second half and gotten nowhere.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:03 - Dec 16 with 2219 viewsAntti_Heinola

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:35 - Dec 16 by Gloucs_R

Marti should now know that we don't have a squad good enough to rotate.

Really really really fkd off now

Rotation better than losing players for months at a time.
We’ve lost two games under him, both by the odd goal.
Bit hysterical on here tonight.

Bare bones.

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:14 - Dec 16 with 2076 viewsmart_Goblin

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:03 - Dec 16 by Antti_Heinola

Oh do leave off .

I think people are entitled to be frustrated being 1-0 up with my 5 mins to go and throwing it away.
Not seen anybody being hysterical or over the top or anything other than disappointed.

I love MC, he is a breathe of fresh air to our club, but don’t think for one minute he is beyond a little criticism if fans think he gets it wrong. That is football.

Your point is valid if we don’t lose . We did lose. So what’s more important having Kakay fit in March or winning today ?
[Post edited 16 Dec 2023 18:16]
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:16 - Dec 16 with 2054 viewsBurnleyhoop

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:04 - Dec 16 by traininvain

Such a poor second half performance. I thought bringing on Dykes and Willock would give us the upper hand but we looked very pedestrian instead of pushing for a second goal.

Sam Field’s miss at 1-0 summed it up. The game was there for the taking but we didn’t show enough conviction to get the second goal.

I understand the need to rotate but I’d prefer to see Cook and JCS starting whenever fit. Need to avoid Kakay and Dunne being on the pitch at the same time as their liabilities and even more so when playing together.

For me,Dunne was the only one to come out with any credit from that game. Missed the first goal due to my stream constantly buffering, but he at least won most of his duels. Absolutely everyone else were just awful. The constant loss of possession and inability to tackle without constantly conceding fouls is starting to irritate the shit out of me. What the hell has happened to Sam Field, is he coming out drunk or something as he has lost any sense of coordination and is committing stupid fouls constantly.

Blood still boiling.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:17 - Dec 16 with 2047 viewsmart_Goblin

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:16 - Dec 16 by Burnleyhoop

For me,Dunne was the only one to come out with any credit from that game. Missed the first goal due to my stream constantly buffering, but he at least won most of his duels. Absolutely everyone else were just awful. The constant loss of possession and inability to tackle without constantly conceding fouls is starting to irritate the shit out of me. What the hell has happened to Sam Field, is he coming out drunk or something as he has lost any sense of coordination and is committing stupid fouls constantly.

Blood still boiling.

I thought JCS was the better of the 2 personally
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:17 - Dec 16 with 2042 viewsBoston

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:14 - Dec 16 by mart_Goblin

Oh do leave off .

I think people are entitled to be frustrated being 1-0 up with my 5 mins to go and throwing it away.
Not seen anybody being hysterical or over the top or anything other than disappointed.

I love MC, he is a breathe of fresh air to our club, but don’t think for one minute he is beyond a little criticism if fans think he gets it wrong. That is football.

Your point is valid if we don’t lose . We did lose. So what’s more important having Kakay fit in March or winning today ?

Agree.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:18 - Dec 16 with 2023 viewsrbee

A bit hysterical fuelled by extreme disappointment perfectly justified tonight, three points thrown away.

Agree with you on rotation but there is a happy medium especially when the rotation is undone by substitutions.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:20 - Dec 16 with 2001 viewsBoston

So close to having a good weekend.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:20 - Dec 16 with 1998 viewsNortholt_Rs

Oh do leave off .

These players need to take some responsibility….they’ve been doing this to us for two years now. Shocking performance and a real kick in the bollox losing at the death. CNTS!!!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:22 - Dec 16 with 1955 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Oh do leave off .

Having Kakay fit in June would be my preference.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:23 - Dec 16 with 1946 viewslassel

Sorry Antti can’t agree.

Today was utterly unacceptable against a supremely limited Wednesday team. Most people on here are just realistic that you can’t throw away points from a winning position against such a poor side and still insist we are going to be fine.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:24 - Dec 16 with 1927 viewsMidlands_Ranger

That entire thing was painful....ending with a smack in the teeth and a kick in the balls....reeling
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:26 - Dec 16 with 1912 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Didn't see the game today but hopefully the last two matches have shown him that this squad is simply not good enough for too much rotation.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:30 - Dec 16 with 1866 viewsManinBlack

The problem with our squad is it is not good enough to rotate or sub off better players. As soon as you rest a few players then those who come in are not good enough and the team is weakened as a result. We should have played our best side against Plymouth and Sheffield and get 6 points in the bag, climb out to mid table and then think about rotating when the points are on the board.

Not only could we have got out of the bottom three but we could have gone 10 points clear of Sheffield had we won both six pointers this week. Now we are only four points above them so we have to look over our shoulder as they could overtake as much as looking up at those above us.

Plymouth played 70 minutes a man down against us and held out, we just had to see out the last 10 minutes 11 v 11 and conceded twice. Sheffield have picked up 5 bonus points in the past fortnight with stoppage time goals. The problem still remains that we don't score enough, we missed another great chance today to make the game safe but we don't have a natural finisher anywhere on the park. Ultimately a lack of goals will see us relegated as we are still below a goal a game. Compare this to Plymouth who have scored 14 more goals than us which will keep them up as they do score lots when at home.

If Marti thinks rotating our squad when we face teams who were in league 1 last season is the way to go then he needs a rethink. We have struggled beating these teams for a few years who come up and now this season we have scored one goal, an own goal at that, and got one point from three games against the promoted sides. Our squad of losers cannot rotate without making us poorer for it. Marti needs to learn this fast as we don't have the same luxury as wealthier clubs to rest our important players.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2023 18:38]
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:30 - Dec 16 with 1858 viewsDamo1962

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:17 - Dec 16 by mart_Goblin

Fuming .

That’s the danger with rotating a squad like this so heavily . We ain’t Man City.
If you win it looks like a master stroke, if you lose you have to accept full responsibility.
Even mid game we can’t rotate like that . We can’t sub every player who gets a booking in the first half. It’s nonsense .
Then to go so defensive and inviting presssure….the one thing this bunch of weak asses don’t deal with is pressure .
Field needs to put his fcking foot through it. Instead it’s limp and weak and 30 seconds later it’s 1-1 and we all knew we’d lose at that point. EDB is our brightest forward playing midfielder..stop putting him at right back. There was no need!!!

I love Marti but today he got it wrong . Now he’ll see the real ‘rangers’.
Feeling sorry for themselves and all everyone else’s fault. We’ll see now in the cold light of day how good he is as we know this bunch will throw him to the wolves too along with everyone else who has coached them in recent years .

Sorry. Bit annoyed 😂

No need to be sorry. It's always the hope that kills with this club. Weed out the losers Marti.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024