Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread 10:12 - Dec 15 with 53600 viewsE17hoop

We will remain unbeaten and a sound away point.

0-0

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 13:35 - Dec 17 with 1882 viewsted_hendrix

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 13:24 - Dec 17 by mart_Goblin

In the cold light of day today I just think there was a lot of frustration from myself and others that we as a team , as a club always do what we did yesterday and snatch defeat from
Jaws of victory . It’s in our DNA to raise hopes and then piss on them from a great height .
It was more death by a thousand cuts than yesterday its self.

I would imagine that a lot of teams fans are like that . Probably most.

To be called hysterical (not me personally but the majority by the odd few) was just patronising at the time when it’s just emotion.
Emotion is huge in any sport , but football especially , so to suggest it’s hysterical by one or 2 felt off to me.

Today it’s not the end of the world and , although worried this bunch are going to start struggling again , I trust that MC has learned enough over the last 4 or 5 days to move forward and to also learn by his errors . He certainly made some yesterday but that doesn’t make him shit it makes him the manager of QPR . And I’m glad he is

Good post.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 13:40 - Dec 17 with 1861 viewsSilverfoxqpr

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 13:24 - Dec 17 by mart_Goblin

In the cold light of day today I just think there was a lot of frustration from myself and others that we as a team , as a club always do what we did yesterday and snatch defeat from
Jaws of victory . It’s in our DNA to raise hopes and then piss on them from a great height .
It was more death by a thousand cuts than yesterday its self.

I would imagine that a lot of teams fans are like that . Probably most.

To be called hysterical (not me personally but the majority by the odd few) was just patronising at the time when it’s just emotion.
Emotion is huge in any sport , but football especially , so to suggest it’s hysterical by one or 2 felt off to me.

Today it’s not the end of the world and , although worried this bunch are going to start struggling again , I trust that MC has learned enough over the last 4 or 5 days to move forward and to also learn by his errors . He certainly made some yesterday but that doesn’t make him shit it makes him the manager of QPR . And I’m glad he is

Yeah facts are that if we'd held out for another 10 minutes or so we'd be talking about 4 clean sheets in a row, another 3 points and this thread would certainly have a different tone. Yeah Field should have put his foot though the ball, yes we didn't play very well etc etc but as ever fine margins. I take it all back if we get bummed in the gob 5-0 next week against the Saints of course. All this talk about yesterday being a 'defining moment' and 'it'll come back to bit us in April' is just absolute twaddle.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 14:21 - Dec 17 with 1716 viewsCLAREMAN1995

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 10:43 - Dec 17 by Northernr

I know I shouldn't be surprised, but that second half was some of the thickest decision making from a group of professional athletes I've seen.

You have to throw the manager in there also I think.
I thought Cook should have be on way sooner yet on comes Ozzie to throw fuel on their fire which he did of course. Dunne strained his groin it looked to me and was moving gingerly then got caught again .
Did anybody at the game see SW load up their forwards to try and equalize and were you concerned they would do it.
Once Ozzie pissed down his leg with that shot after a beautiful backheel they sensed blood and we turned into the QPR of 2 months ago.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 14:30 - Dec 17 with 1678 viewsBrianWilson

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 00:09 - Dec 16 by BrianWilson

Think we will lose 2-1 but a temporary setback. 4 points from SH/Millwall.

Don't worry. I got the first part right so no doubt will also be right about the 4 points. Clive, please make sure the prediction comp pays out on Chair as first goalscorer

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 14:38 - Dec 17 with 1630 viewslave16

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 14:30 - Dec 17 by BrianWilson

Don't worry. I got the first part right so no doubt will also be right about the 4 points. Clive, please make sure the prediction comp pays out on Chair as first goalscorer

Anyone know why Armstrong was taken off at half time - injured, not doing anything or does Marti just not fancy him as a player.

I know Marti said tactical but no convinced myself
[Post edited 17 Dec 2023 14:47]

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 15:28 - Dec 17 with 1513 viewsOldPedro

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 14:21 - Dec 17 by CLAREMAN1995

You have to throw the manager in there also I think.
I thought Cook should have be on way sooner yet on comes Ozzie to throw fuel on their fire which he did of course. Dunne strained his groin it looked to me and was moving gingerly then got caught again .
Did anybody at the game see SW load up their forwards to try and equalize and were you concerned they would do it.
Once Ozzie pissed down his leg with that shot after a beautiful backheel they sensed blood and we turned into the QPR of 2 months ago.

Lots of hate on here for Kakay but after he came on, he got no support defensively from Willock. Smyth tracked back and helped out Cannon/Dixon-Bonner but Willock didn't do the same which led to several overload on that side in those last 20 mins.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 15:36 - Dec 17 with 1474 viewsHooping_Mad

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 12:31 - Dec 17 by E15Hoop

Sorry - 100% don't agree with this.

"Evil prospers when good men do nothing" as a very wise man once said, and given that sh*tty thoughts lead to sh*tty attitudes and sh*tty actions, I will resolutely defend the moral high ground and support my friends who do the same.

I would encourage you and everyone else to do the very same thing, in fact, otherwise we all get dragged down to the lowest common denominator.

You may believe that you don't have the right to do this, which possibly speaks about some kind of inferiority complex which I would encourage you to reflect on and overcome. You may also believe that you are guilty of hypocrisy by doing so - again something I would encourage you to think about and erflect where that comes from.

Am I setting myself to be judged? Possibly. Do I give a f*ck about it? No I do not, for I know whose opinion of me I care about and whose are not worth concerning myself with.

Calling Bazza's comments "baiting" is clearly moronic and, as outlined above, dangerous when taking to their obvious conclusion, I know which hill I would rather die on.

You seem determined to pick a fight with anyone you can. pack it in.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 15:42 - Dec 17 with 1457 viewslassel

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 12:40 - Dec 17 by Northernr

I think this too.
Still a yellow card dumb as rocks. Not the only one either.

He got caught completely square and I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt that he knew he couldn’t turn and get back in.

What is clear though is that the standards at the club are completely non-existent with regards cheap bookings. We seem to have just accepted that Field will do something fcking stupid every game and therefore it’s fine for everyone else.
Login to get fewer ads

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 15:44 - Dec 17 with 1451 viewslassel

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 14:38 - Dec 17 by lave16

Anyone know why Armstrong was taken off at half time - injured, not doing anything or does Marti just not fancy him as a player.

He was crap and offside for 40 of the 45 minutes.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 15:49 - Dec 17 with 1423 viewsWegerles_Stairs

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 15:28 - Dec 17 by OldPedro

Lots of hate on here for Kakay but after he came on, he got no support defensively from Willock. Smyth tracked back and helped out Cannon/Dixon-Bonner but Willock didn't do the same which led to several overload on that side in those last 20 mins.

Kakay is League 2 standard yet he's played more than 100 games for us. He seems a likeable guy and always puts in the effort but he's a liability at this level. No coincidence that the more he's played for us, the worse we have got.

First goal, he's in no man's land, neither closing down the cross nor marking the scorer who has drifted away from him.

Second goal, he's in no man's land, failing to head a ball that Cook in theory has covered anyway.

Just not good enough at this level however much people want him to succeed.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 15:50 - Dec 17 with 1404 viewsE15Hoop

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 15:36 - Dec 17 by Hooping_Mad

You seem determined to pick a fight with anyone you can. pack it in.

And you are who exactly...?
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 15:53 - Dec 17 with 1407 viewsWatford_Ranger

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 15:49 - Dec 17 by Wegerles_Stairs

Kakay is League 2 standard yet he's played more than 100 games for us. He seems a likeable guy and always puts in the effort but he's a liability at this level. No coincidence that the more he's played for us, the worse we have got.

First goal, he's in no man's land, neither closing down the cross nor marking the scorer who has drifted away from him.

Second goal, he's in no man's land, failing to head a ball that Cook in theory has covered anyway.

Just not good enough at this level however much people want him to succeed.

You watched much L2 recently?
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 16:07 - Dec 17 with 1365 viewsRangersw12

Kakay as usual getting all the stick yet Dunne once again gets away scott free

Both are clearly not Championship standard yet only one gets called out for it
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 16:22 - Dec 17 with 1332 viewswesty

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 14:38 - Dec 17 by lave16

Ummmm because he’s not very good. Because he hasn’t got the ability to learn or actually understand instructions. Because he’s well out of his depth. Yes he can run but so could Linford Christie. How hard is it to stand on the last defenders shoulder and use your speed. Seriously basic. He should be terrorising defenders yet he’s so easy to play against
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 16:25 - Dec 17 with 1320 viewsParkRoyalR

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 16:07 - Dec 17 by Rangersw12

Dunne, thinking you mean Cook?

It was Cook's ball to win for the 2nd goal not Kakay's and his positional play for 1st goal was poor too.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 16:25 - Dec 17 with 1320 viewslassel

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 15:53 - Dec 17 by Watford_Ranger

You watched much L2 recently?

Agreed, it’s offensive to say Kakay is L2 standard when the lower leagues demand strength, position knowledge and being smart enough to get rid when in trouble.

I honestly don’t know what level he could comfortably play at - he had an average spell in the Scottish second division many years ago now so I guess start there and see?
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 16:30 - Dec 17 with 1298 viewsmart_Goblin

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 16:07 - Dec 17 by Rangersw12

Seen many people dig out Dunne and none more so than me over the last 18 months . As an ex defender he is a liability so I understand your point .
If anything I’ve been more sympathetic with Ozzie . Not even sure why ? Came through our ranks maybe ?

All I know is they are both ‘rank’ and only playing as there is no one else to rotate in my opinion
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 16:35 - Dec 17 with 1276 viewsParkRoyalR

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 16:30 - Dec 17 by mart_Goblin

Seen many people dig out Dunne and none more so than me over the last 18 months . As an ex defender he is a liability so I understand your point .
If anything I’ve been more sympathetic with Ozzie . Not even sure why ? Came through our ranks maybe ?

All I know is they are both ‘rank’ and only playing as there is no one else to rotate in my opinion

As an ex-defender interested to hear your take on Cook's positioning for the 1st and his defending for the 2nd yesterday.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 16:46 - Dec 17 with 1227 viewstraininvain

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 16:25 - Dec 17 by ParkRoyalR

Dunne, thinking you mean Cook?

It was Cook's ball to win for the 2nd goal not Kakay's and his positional play for 1st goal was poor too.

Dunne was one of our most advanced players on the pitch in the build up to the first goal. He’s a centre back, we’re winning 1-0 away from home in a crucial game with 5 minutes to go and he’s completely out of position. His attempts to get back and block the cross were pathetic. Brain dead doesn’t do it justice.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:15 - Dec 17 with 1142 viewsTacticalR

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 12:12 - Dec 17 by Antti_Heinola

Other than 90s club comic Mr Methane, who can? Eventually they always win. Unless you have an iron-like sphincter.
I look forward to your rejoinder.

I can see sphincter strength becoming a key metric in football analytics. Definitely something we should consider when looking at new players.

Air hostess clique

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:35 - Dec 17 with 1080 viewsParkRoyalR

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 16:46 - Dec 17 by traininvain

Dunne was one of our most advanced players on the pitch in the build up to the first goal. He’s a centre back, we’re winning 1-0 away from home in a crucial game with 5 minutes to go and he’s completely out of position. His attempts to get back and block the cross were pathetic. Brain dead doesn’t do it justice.

Any thoughts on Cook's & JCS positioning for that cross into the box for the 1st goal?

Or Cook losing his man at the back post for the 2nd goal?

Shall we just blame Dykes, Dunne or even Kakay for everything as its just easier?
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:11 - Dec 17 with 986 viewsSK_hoops

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 16:22 - Dec 17 by westy

Ummmm because he’s not very good. Because he hasn’t got the ability to learn or actually understand instructions. Because he’s well out of his depth. Yes he can run but so could Linford Christie. How hard is it to stand on the last defenders shoulder and use your speed. Seriously basic. He should be terrorising defenders yet he’s so easy to play against

Also scored one goal in around 1500 minutes of play.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:13 - Dec 17 with 977 viewstraininvain

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:35 - Dec 17 by ParkRoyalR

Any thoughts on Cook's & JCS positioning for that cross into the box for the 1st goal?

Shall we just blame Dykes, Dunne or even Kakay for everything as its just easier?

Honestly don’t know what to say if you’re looking at our defence and genuinely think that Cook and JCS are the problem.

There’s a reason why Dunne and Kakay get most of the blame and it’s because they’re the usual culprits when they’re on the pitch and we concede.
The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:28 - Dec 17 with 933 viewspaulparker

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 17:35 - Dec 17 by ParkRoyalR

Both were poor for the goal but as soon as Kakay came on it started panic in our defence , he has no football brain, he never looks up, takes a hack at everything and his passing and positional sense are crap , one of the worst right backs I’ve seen at Rangers in 40 odd years of going

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:37 - Dec 17 with 906 viewsCateLeBonR

The Wednesday on Saturday Match Thread on 18:28 - Dec 17 by paulparker

Both were poor for the goal but as soon as Kakay came on it started panic in our defence , he has no football brain, he never looks up, takes a hack at everything and his passing and positional sense are crap , one of the worst right backs I’ve seen at Rangers in 40 odd years of going

Ajaxbot 2.0 meets QPR squad.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024