Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reporting COVID infections? 16:41 - Dec 20 with 1106 viewssaint901

Here's a quiz.

If you think you have COVID, buy a test kit and the test comes back positive, are you required to report that test result to your GP or to the Gov't?

My wife contracted COVID and tested via a kit we bought from Boots. She later tried to get a sick note from the GP as she was off work a week.

The GP said that it was "clear" that a positive test, even on a paid for test and not a free one, had to be reported but was unable to show us where it was said on a webpage or the GP website, that this was required.

Result is a a bit of row, no sick note and we're moving GP in January.

If people are getting COVID - and anecdotally it seems to be rising - but are not reporting it, could the actual rise in cases be higher than the "official" statistics show?

(Note, this is not an invitation to run your favourite attack/defence of COVID, vaccines and conspiracy, just a simple question f anybody has had similar experiences).
Reporting COVID infections? on 18:30 - Dec 20 with 1013 views1885_SFC

The NHS is broken - so it's no surprise that no one seems to give a toss anymore.

Several people I know have had Covid in recent weeks and indeed have it currently. None of them have reported it. Official advice is stay at home until you're better blah blah. I wouldn't even know who or where to report it to if I got Covid. Probably the last place would be my GP as there's never any fooker there!!!

Old School is Cool

Reporting COVID infections? on 19:21 - Dec 20 with 964 viewsBuggalugs

Serious question; why the fvck would you buy a test kit?

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Reporting COVID infections? on 20:03 - Dec 20 with 932 viewskingslandstand1

Reporting COVID infections? on 19:21 - Dec 20 by Buggalugs

Serious question; why the fvck would you buy a test kit?

Probably cos you don't get them for free any more

I know what you mean though. I know of several people who have had Covid in the last few months, my son and daughter in law for a start, but one of them (whoever got it first, can't remember) did a test with kit that was still in date so the other didn't bother. But don't understand why they did test particularly as it's treated like getting a cold nowadays and life just goes on as normal
Reporting COVID infections? on 20:14 - Dec 20 with 923 viewsBuggalugs

Reporting COVID infections? on 20:03 - Dec 20 by kingslandstand1

Probably cos you don't get them for free any more

I know what you mean though. I know of several people who have had Covid in the last few months, my son and daughter in law for a start, but one of them (whoever got it first, can't remember) did a test with kit that was still in date so the other didn't bother. But don't understand why they did test particularly as it's treated like getting a cold nowadays and life just goes on as normal

Just seems like attention seeking to me, “oo look at me, I’ve got Covid, blah blah blah”. So what ffs. If you’re too ill to go to work, don’t and just get on with your life like we all used to.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Reporting COVID infections? on 22:31 - Dec 20 with 859 viewscocklebreath

It’s just a cold get on With it

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Reporting COVID infections? on 00:19 - Dec 21 with 814 viewsdarthvader

Reporting COVID infections? on 22:31 - Dec 20 by cocklebreath

It’s just a cold get on With it

Im off with it atm , my dad also has it and is in hospital now for the last 5 days with it ... I can honestly say its definitely not.. just a cold . Maybe for some it is but not for all .
3 tests this week all positive and her indoors has it now too .

No idea where to report it to,but im self employed so no worries about a getting a sick note ,i just dont get paid .

The ironic thing is we (my dad and i) probably caught it together AT the hospital when i took him in for an appointment a few days before .

keep the faith coyr

Reporting COVID infections? on 00:43 - Dec 21 with 805 viewsSouthamptonfan

The thing with covid now is that most people over 60 and the vulnerable have been recently vaccinated. This prevents death or serious illness. Those younger are statistically unlikely to get more than a bad cold, although I had it and was quite ill for about a week. But I was just ill. Worse than a cold but just needed to rest and get well again. Did a test as I had an old style test lying around. The latest advice, as far as I am aware is to carry on going to work unless you are too ill to work, even if it's covid. If you are unfortunately very ill, you would need a doctor's note but you can self certify for 7 days.

Nobody is reporting it, (and it's not being enforced) because many, many people who think they have a cold, don't bother testing (who would bother paying for a test kit?), and therefore a few people reporting it, wouldn't be accurate anyway and even if lots of people did report it, what would be the response? Nothing would happen, so it's just a matter of going off ill if you need to and getting on with it. Covid, the flu or just a cold, if you're vaccinated and / or under 60, you are very likely to be fine. That's how it is now, so no point reporting it, just rest up and get yourself better.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2023 0:44]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024