Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Walker-Peters experiment 14:47 - Dec 27 with 1299 viewsresearchersaint

Walker-Peters impressed further forward yesterday but will we see more of him at right wing in the future or was it a way to shoehorn Stephens into the side?

https://www.southamptonfc.news/match-coverage/southampton-star-flourishes-in-new
The Walker-Peters experiment on 15:42 - Dec 27 with 1207 viewssledger

stephens is a better defender walker peters better going forward so a no brainer
The Walker-Peters experiment on 15:53 - Dec 27 with 1201 viewsMonksway

I don't think it's been very successful playing KWP and Manning from the start as inserted full backs. Better with Bree plus one of the above. With no Bree it gave a chance for Stephens to take that role and let KWP play further forward with greater creativity in midfield. Ultimately it was Smallbone that dropped out.
The Walker-Peters experiment on 16:41 - Dec 27 with 1151 viewsfelly1

We're a confident winning side, and the change in formation worked quite well and it gave our attacking fullbacks licence to roam.
This is the perfect opportunity to blood players who have been out in the cold or injured and help them get up to speed and shake off the ring rust.
I'd start with the same team against Plymouth but maybe go back to 4 at the back against Norwich and restore the THB , Bednarek partnership .
The Walker-Peters experiment on 17:14 - Dec 27 with 1112 viewskingolaf

I thought the side was better-balanced when KWP went back to RB.
The Walker-Peters experiment on 17:19 - Dec 27 with 1105 viewsPatfromPoole

The Walker-Peters experiment on 15:42 - Dec 27 by sledger

stephens is a better defender walker peters better going forward so a no brainer

Is Stephens a better defender????

He’s a better ball-watcher f’sure.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024