Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 14:49 - Jan 1 with 69405 viewsKeithHaynes

First speculation from our Trystan on Twitter.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 22:39 - Feb 1 with 1887 viewsTummer_from_Texas

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 22:43 - Feb 1 with 1837 viewsDr_Winston

We entered the window desperately short of pace and width. We exit it with two new wingers. Unless you're the type to deliberately look for misery then that's decent business.

The January window is shit to do business in anyway. Clubs charging panic premiums for even average players. Much smarter to wait until Summer.

Of course, we are now pinning our hopes on Luke Williams being more than a Martin clone, which based on the evidence so far is unlikely, but we can only cross our fingers.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 22:46 - Feb 1 with 1784 viewsunion_jack

πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 22:39 - Feb 1 by Tummer_from_Texas

Yay!

😑

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 22:50 - Feb 1 with 1720 viewsKeithHaynes

πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 22:46 - Feb 1 by union_jack

Yay!

😑

That medical took a long long time.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 22:51 - Feb 1 with 1702 viewsangryjack

πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 22:50 - Feb 1 by KeithHaynes

That medical took a long long time.

Not convinced with this signing
πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 23:13 - Feb 1 with 1540 viewsDr_Winston

Ronald and Sagoe Jr were the only signings that mattered in this window. We needed pace and width and we got it. All we need now is for Williams to develop the common sense that eluded his mentor and set the team up to benefit from it.

Would have been nice to find a central midfielder capable of replacing Ntcham but those are rare enough as it is, even more so in January.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 23:34 - Feb 1 with 1413 viewsmax936

πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 22:22 - Feb 1 by KeithHaynes

Nah, this took months to plan πŸ˜‰

Mmmmmmm

It is what it is now, but we look to be stuck with Mr Grimes and Mr Fulton in midfield, midfield is has been a major problem for us for months IMO, which should have been addressed, teams have bossed us in the middle of the park continuously.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 23:58 - Feb 1 with 1329 viewsangryjack

πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 23:13 - Feb 1 by Dr_Winston

Ronald and Sagoe Jr were the only signings that mattered in this window. We needed pace and width and we got it. All we need now is for Williams to develop the common sense that eluded his mentor and set the team up to benefit from it.

Would have been nice to find a central midfielder capable of replacing Ntcham but those are rare enough as it is, even more so in January.

You think so?I dont
Login to get fewer ads

πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 06:06 - Feb 2 with 1159 viewsPawelAbbott

πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 23:34 - Feb 1 by max936

Mmmmmmm

It is what it is now, but we look to be stuck with Mr Grimes and Mr Fulton in midfield, midfield is has been a major problem for us for months IMO, which should have been addressed, teams have bossed us in the middle of the park continuously.

We really needed more energy and athleticism in midfield much more than we needed a 3rd winger.
A real driving, box to box player
πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 07:08 - Feb 2 with 1092 viewsswan_si

πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 23:58 - Feb 1 by angryjack

You think so?I dont

😱 well that come as a complete surprise.πŸ˜‚
πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 07:18 - Feb 2 with 1073 viewsangryjack

πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 07:08 - Feb 2 by swan_si

😱 well that come as a complete surprise.πŸ˜‚

Well I'm right wr needed more than width
πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 07:29 - Feb 2 with 1041 viewsswan_si

πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 07:18 - Feb 2 by angryjack

Unfortunately, even though i agree with you, we can't have everything when we need it.
πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 07:58 - Feb 2 with 987 viewsangryjack

πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 07:29 - Feb 2 by swan_si

Unfortunately, even though i agree with you, we can't have everything when we need it.

Didn't say everything did u,just think instead of getting an injury prone winger who seems unconvincing on reports we should have got something in where we needed add strength to squad
πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 08:39 - Feb 2 with 917 viewsonehunglow

πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 07:58 - Feb 2 by angryjack

Didn't say everything did u,just think instead of getting an injury prone winger who seems unconvincing on reports we should have got something in where we needed add strength to squad

So two wingers ,yet we still have a β€œ centre forward” to knock them in.
Failing that another with a record of injury
Yep,misery alright

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 09:03 - Feb 2 with 874 viewsherbie

Abdullai when fit can be the midfield dynamo. That is his natural position.
πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 09:05 - Feb 2 with 872 viewspete

πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 07:18 - Feb 2 by angryjack

firstly a warm welcome to our new lads best of luck for the rest of this season.
Well Mr Chairman i hope you are satified with all the "hard work" that went on for me almost a total waste of money in my eyes ,how can anyone justify the money paid out for what 1 fee paid 1 loan and 1 free transfer? and the summer window , well the least said there the better, am i suprised absolutly not as this is what we have become used to and you mr chairman wonder why people do not turn up this situation must be laid bare at the powers that be s feet as its their total fault without doubt
πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 09:18 - Feb 2 with 844 viewsonehunglow

πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 09:05 - Feb 2 by pete

firstly a warm welcome to our new lads best of luck for the rest of this season.
Well Mr Chairman i hope you are satified with all the "hard work" that went on for me almost a total waste of money in my eyes ,how can anyone justify the money paid out for what 1 fee paid 1 loan and 1 free transfer? and the summer window , well the least said there the better, am i suprised absolutly not as this is what we have become used to and you mr chairman wonder why people do not turn up this situation must be laid bare at the powers that be s feet as its their total fault without doubt

What you’re trying to say that it’s another screw up .
Flurry of activity that was
Pitiful

πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 09:27 - Feb 2 with 831 viewspete

πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 09:18 - Feb 2 by onehunglow

What you’re trying to say that it’s another screw up .
Flurry of activity that was
Pitiful

lol well yes
πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 09:34 - Feb 2 with 804 viewsonehunglow

πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 09:27 - Feb 2 by pete

lol well yes

https://www.google.com/search?q=miserysobg&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-g

It’s an old Beatlecsong from 63
B side

πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 09:57 - Feb 2 with 765 viewspete

πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 09:34 - Feb 2 by onehunglow

https://www.google.com/search?q=miserysobg&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-g

It’s an old Beatlecsong from 63
B side

very good lol
πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 10:00 - Feb 2 with 761 viewsswan65split

πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 09:05 - Feb 2 by pete

yep, I wish the new players in well, but for me this window throws up more worries than hopes.
πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 10:10 - Feb 2 with 731 viewsonehunglow

πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 10:00 - Feb 2 by swan65split

yep, I wish the new players in well, but for me this window throws up more worries than hopes.

It's the balance of it all

πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 10:13 - Feb 2 with 719 viewsWhiterockin

πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 10:00 - Feb 2 by swan65split

Months of preparation and we didn't get a midfielder, they must have thought we needed one otherwise why put an offer in for Connor Barron. Three wingers one on loan meaning one of our current loanees must be left out of match day squads doesn't make much sense. We will just have to wait and see how it pans out.
πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 10:54 - Feb 2 with 659 viewsdobjack2

πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 10:13 - Feb 2 by Whiterockin

Months of preparation and we didn't get a midfielder, they must have thought we needed one otherwise why put an offer in for Connor Barron. Three wingers one on loan meaning one of our current loanees must be left out of match day squads doesn't make much sense. We will just have to wait and see how it pans out.

Connor Barron appeared to be a last minute attempt, presumably after others or their clubs had turned down our approaches or we had found their demands -fees and or wages too high. we looked to strengthen midfield but it didn't happen.

The ongoing rumours about Kukharevych also suggest that we were probably in the market for a striker but needed to move a player on to make it happen.

January is not the best time for recruitment especially when a club is nowhere near the top of a league, so difficult to make a judgement on this window.

The underlying problem was our summer recruitment. One of our left backs and a left back/left centre back moved on with no/little game time. A centre forward who appears to do no more than make up numbers on the bench and loan signings some of whom have hardly set the world on fire.
πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 12:09 - Feb 2 with 594 viewsjackrmee

πŸ”΄ January Transfer Window 2024 on 07:58 - Feb 2 by angryjack

Yeah, we did need more, but we need a back up winger as well.
Short contract by all accounts, and with our injury record, we will probably need him.
I don't think it's like for like, so it's not instead of him. We should have got the midfielder as well as the cheap winger.
Difficult to get everything we need in one window, as Si said

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024