Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Louie Mould-gone 16:07 - Jan 16 with 8945 viewsdingdangblue

Gutted.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Louie Mould-gone on 16:16 - Jan 16 with 8865 viewsDareToCalvin

Devastated, but what a keeper. Been absolutely sensational.

Looking on the hopeful side, if we were paying a large chunk of his wage that is more wiggle room to bring somebody in. Also, I hope Wolves at least gave us some notice that he was going to be recalled so we could get somebody in relatively soon. If we aren't able to before Saturday, I assume we will be allowed to bring in an emergency loan?

Got a bright future in the game, I just hope he plays for Northampton and isn't sat on the bench (like Hayes has been!)

Thanks Louie.
Louie Mould-gone on 16:20 - Jan 16 with 8829 viewsDale4life

Do we have a goalkeeper or do we have to go into the loan market again?

(The real and the one and only Dale4life)

Up the Dale

Louie Mould-gone on 16:26 - Jan 16 with 8785 viewsdingdangblue

Quick look at Northampton and their number 1 Lee Burge has been injured since October but came back into the team last Saturday v Wigan. You would have thought with them getting Moulden he'd be starting this Saturday for them now.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Louie Mould-gone on 16:29 - Jan 16 with 8754 viewsD_Alien

Louie Mould-gone on 16:16 - Jan 16 by DareToCalvin

Devastated, but what a keeper. Been absolutely sensational.

Looking on the hopeful side, if we were paying a large chunk of his wage that is more wiggle room to bring somebody in. Also, I hope Wolves at least gave us some notice that he was going to be recalled so we could get somebody in relatively soon. If we aren't able to before Saturday, I assume we will be allowed to bring in an emergency loan?

Got a bright future in the game, I just hope he plays for Northampton and isn't sat on the bench (like Hayes has been!)

Thanks Louie.

In terms of notice... it's 10 days since our last game. Unless Wolves got in touch about this soon after our win against Kidderminster, it's already looking like more than a week has been wasted

There's a chance the pitch won't be playable on Saturday, but that's no consolation

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Louie Mould-gone on 17:08 - Jan 16 with 8500 views442Dale

As well as the obvious loss in terms of Moulden’s ability, we have to consider the impact this will have on the rest of the squad and McNulty. Hopefully it was always planned for.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Louie Mould-gone on 17:18 - Jan 16 with 8452 viewsjoecooke

Louie Mould-gone on 17:08 - Jan 16 by 442Dale

As well as the obvious loss in terms of Moulden’s ability, we have to consider the impact this will have on the rest of the squad and McNulty. Hopefully it was always planned for.

It will be interesting to see if we try and bring in a keeper who is comfortable with the ball at his feet as its been a big part of how we seem to be setup to play.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Louie Mould-gone on 17:23 - Jan 16 with 8403 viewsscooby

Did we stuff up and not pay? Are we really stable financially and wolves want to protect him? We’ve had a couple of players recalled for them to go elsewhere and fill a spot on the bench…

Something just feels really off at present, but happy to be called paranoid. Is it because we are conference and they want the players exposed to a higher level? Is it money? Is it us stuffing up relationships? Are the players unsettled (Northampton is easyish commute from around Wolves assuming that is where Louis lives). Is it just because I don’t trust SG and co and have concerns over how the club is being run?
Louie Mould-gone on 17:29 - Jan 16 with 8364 viewsNorthernDale

I may be wrong, it could be down to player development. He has been a success at the Dale and now Wolves want him to move up a level to continue his development.

Hopefully Jim has a replacement lined up,
Login to get fewer ads

Louie Mould-gone on 17:36 - Jan 16 with 8313 viewsEllDale

Hammer blow because the bloke was such an integral part of how we setup and play.
The possibility of this happening was flagged last month by someone on here though so I trust that Jim has got plan B in place. Not much notice though for a new keeper to bed in.
I suspect though that if Brad Kelly had been available that he would have been playing this weekend.
The last emergency goalkeeping signing we made was Andy Lonergan and he didn’t do too bad a job did he?
Finances will stop any repetition of that however.
I just hope that he plays at Northampton although Wolves surely wouldn’t have sent him without some sort of guaranteed game time.
And I wonder how much say in the matter Louie himself had in the switch?
The other regret is that we didn’t get the chance to give him a proper sendoff and thank him for his efforts.
[Post edited 16 Jan 17:38]
Louie Mould-gone on 17:38 - Jan 16 with 8289 viewssxdale

Louie Mould-gone on 17:23 - Jan 16 by scooby

Did we stuff up and not pay? Are we really stable financially and wolves want to protect him? We’ve had a couple of players recalled for them to go elsewhere and fill a spot on the bench…

Something just feels really off at present, but happy to be called paranoid. Is it because we are conference and they want the players exposed to a higher level? Is it money? Is it us stuffing up relationships? Are the players unsettled (Northampton is easyish commute from around Wolves assuming that is where Louis lives). Is it just because I don’t trust SG and co and have concerns over how the club is being run?

I feel exactly the same, these feelings thrive in the absence on clear leadership from the club (BOD) It feels to me that those at the top have jacked it in, it's such a shame as I feel that Jim and the team and the fans have got the beginnings omething good going on that I've not felt since Hillcroft.

Just because you're paranoid don't mean you're wrong.
Louie Mould-gone on 17:39 - Jan 16 with 8274 viewsJames1980

Assuming you are being a tad paranoid. It still doesn't stop the term season long loan being a farcical term.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Louie Mould-gone on 18:24 - Jan 16 with 8028 viewsmeeee

Moulden was interviewed on BBC Radio Northampton about an hour ago. He said that the idea was pitched to him last week and he saw it as a good opportunity for himself to develop. He did say that he had an emotional connection with the fans at Rochdale and the manager and the players so it was a tough decision but he felt it was the right move for him so I don't think there's much we could've done
Louie Mould-gone on 19:53 - Jan 16 with 7659 viewsdingdangblue

Louie Mould-gone on 18:24 - Jan 16 by meeee

Moulden was interviewed on BBC Radio Northampton about an hour ago. He said that the idea was pitched to him last week and he saw it as a good opportunity for himself to develop. He did say that he had an emotional connection with the fans at Rochdale and the manager and the players so it was a tough decision but he felt it was the right move for him so I don't think there's much we could've done

You can't blame him - he's out of contract in the summer. He'll be ambitious and he's done amazing this first half of the season. If he does well for Northampton in League 1 he'll be in demand in a few months time.

Louie Mould-gone on 20:27 - Jan 16 with 7511 viewskel

Yep, you’re being paranoid, it’s how the loan market in football works really. Gateshead are a classic example.
Louie Mould-gone on 22:00 - Jan 16 with 7205 viewsdawlishdale

Louie Mould-gone on 20:27 - Jan 16 by kel

Yep, you’re being paranoid, it’s how the loan market in football works really. Gateshead are a classic example.

Gutted that he has gone. It seems like it's a mixture of his parents club wanting to loan him out higher up the pyramid coupled with them not being sure that we are the right place to develop him further.

There is little doubt that his future is higher than ourselves, and for that, we have to be grateful that we have had half a season of him being here. He is without doubt our player of the season so far, and will be a huge miss going forward.

I would like to thank him for his efforts, but I do feel that our Board haven't necessarily done all they could have to make him ( and Wolves) feel secure here. Lets see who is brought in to replace him. If it's a certain Grimsby reserve keeper; then I will seriously consider giving up.
Louie Mould-gone on 22:05 - Jan 16 with 7172 viewsBainesy15

Louie Mould-gone on 22:00 - Jan 16 by dawlishdale

Gutted that he has gone. It seems like it's a mixture of his parents club wanting to loan him out higher up the pyramid coupled with them not being sure that we are the right place to develop him further.

There is little doubt that his future is higher than ourselves, and for that, we have to be grateful that we have had half a season of him being here. He is without doubt our player of the season so far, and will be a huge miss going forward.

I would like to thank him for his efforts, but I do feel that our Board haven't necessarily done all they could have to make him ( and Wolves) feel secure here. Lets see who is brought in to replace him. If it's a certain Grimsby reserve keeper; then I will seriously consider giving up.

I'd be amazed if it's Eastwood. He wasn't a McNulty signing last time and he never showed anything with his feet
Louie Mould-gone on 23:12 - Jan 16 with 7024 viewsRAFCBLUE

A really great young English goalkeeper, who is destined for much bigger things.

Can he win Player of the Season just on the games he's played? He must be in with a shout.

In immediate terms it was Wolves who elected to recall him to make his next step of development with a team with an outside chance of a League 1 playoff spot rather than an outside chance of a National League playoff spot.

Class tweet too thanking the fans:

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Louie Mould-gone on 07:55 - Jan 17 with 6776 viewsdavidab2202

Louie Mould-gone on 22:05 - Jan 16 by Bainesy15

I'd be amazed if it's Eastwood. He wasn't a McNulty signing last time and he never showed anything with his feet

Logic to me would suggest another young keeper from out of the top 2 Divisions as I would suspect that there are few teams in the lower Divisions with a "spare" keeper to lend to us.
If we have to rely on our young keeper lets hope he can be a "Keith Welch" and have as a result the career that Keith did in a similar situation
Louie Mould-gone on 13:41 - Jan 17 with 6267 viewsSaxonDale

Louie Mould-gone on 19:53 - Jan 16 by dingdangblue

You can't blame him - he's out of contract in the summer. He'll be ambitious and he's done amazing this first half of the season. If he does well for Northampton in League 1 he'll be in demand in a few months time.

Agree with this. The writing was pretty much on the wall following the interview from a few weeks back where he mentioned League clubs being interested in him. Given his contract status at the end of the season, it makes sense for him to play as high up as possible in the hope of showing Wolves how much he's progressed and also any prospective club for the summer.

I also hope we go for a younger keeper from the higher leagues. Whilst it's not ideal that we're in the National League and skint, I'm sure the development Moulden will alert clubs to the role we can play in improving players, whilst also improving our team. Exactly the model we have been working towards.
Louie Mould-gone on 19:58 - Jan 23 with 5360 viewsEllDale

Super Louie Moulden, squad number 31, is in the bench for Northampton tonight. Crazy!
Louie Mould-gone on 20:08 - Jan 23 with 5319 viewsD_Alien

Louie Mould-gone on 19:58 - Jan 23 by EllDale

Super Louie Moulden, squad number 31, is in the bench for Northampton tonight. Crazy!

Serves Wolves right

They take a keeper who's got the momentum of a team and fanbase that believes in him and take him out of that environment... for what?

The splinters won't be in his backside, but in his heart, and his respect for his employer will have gone down a notch or two

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Louie Mould-gone on 15:20 - Feb 3 with 4226 viewsRodingdale

Still on the cobblers bench. Criminal waste of talent. They’re 2 down already.
Louie Mould-gone on 16:25 - Feb 10 with 3206 viewsRodingdale

Moulden on at ht for the injured Burge.
Louie Mould-gone on 17:06 - Feb 10 with 3027 views442Dale

Louie Mould-gone on 16:25 - Feb 10 by Rodingdale

Moulden on at ht for the injured Burge.

Second Dale keeper derby in recent weeks - Coleman started for Bolton.

He was also playing when Bolton played Blackpool in the EFL trophy who had O’Donnell in goal.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Louie Mould-gone on 16:34 - Feb 26 with 1463 viewsEllDale

Super Louie has been named in the L1 Team of the Week along Jake Beesley.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024