Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bazuna was my player of the match 17:52 - Jan 20 with 2357 viewsGRIM

Despite how good we were today with an impressive 3-1 win I personally thought our man of the match (sorry player of the match) was Gavin Bazuna.
We could easily have let those points slip today if he hadn't been in top form.
At last he is starting to look like a very good keeper & at such a young age for a keeper he can only get better.
Bazuna was my player of the match on 17:59 - Jan 20 with 2331 viewsAscot_Saint

Totally agree with you. Baz was excellent today and certainly made some great saves in the second half. I was at the game and said to my lad that I thought this was Ryan Manning’s best game for us. Don’t remember him putting a foot wrong. Let’s hope performances like this are now his default position.
[Post edited 20 Jan 18:01]
Bazuna was my player of the match on 18:00 - Jan 20 with 2330 viewsfelly1

Agreed he was excellent 2nd half today.
A couple of crucial saves and he's looking so much better than last season.
Swansea couldn't be any worse after that first half and pressed higher up the pitch and we wobbled a few times.
The defence lots it's rhythm when THB went off and we started misplacing passes all over the pitch.
Overall though a brilliant first half and a great win.
Bazuna was my player of the match on 18:16 - Jan 20 with 2298 viewsGRIM

Bazuna was my player of the match on 17:59 - Jan 20 by Ascot_Saint

Totally agree with you. Baz was excellent today and certainly made some great saves in the second half. I was at the game and said to my lad that I thought this was Ryan Manning’s best game for us. Don’t remember him putting a foot wrong. Let’s hope performances like this are now his default position.
[Post edited 20 Jan 18:01]

Agreed.
Ryan Manning did have a good game.
In fact he's played well ever since Ryan Fraser has come into the side I think he has more confidence in Ryan Fraser who retains the ball better than Edozie or Sulemana.
What impressed me today was when any of our defenders were caught out of position others covered for them.
On one occasion Manning had taken a corner on the right & when Swansea broke away KWP had switched to left to cover for Manning & Smallbone dropped in to cover for KWP.
We weren't doing this earlier in the season.
Bazuna was my player of the match on 18:22 - Jan 20 with 2283 viewsAscot_Saint

Bazuna was my player of the match on 18:16 - Jan 20 by GRIM

Agreed.
Ryan Manning did have a good game.
In fact he's played well ever since Ryan Fraser has come into the side I think he has more confidence in Ryan Fraser who retains the ball better than Edozie or Sulemana.
What impressed me today was when any of our defenders were caught out of position others covered for them.
On one occasion Manning had taken a corner on the right & when Swansea broke away KWP had switched to left to cover for Manning & Smallbone dropped in to cover for KWP.
We weren't doing this earlier in the season.

Yes I saw that passage of play and was really impressed with that. Agree with all your points there about Manning too. Was a cracking day but now we’re stuck on a delayed train back to Reading….stuck at Bristol Parkway and told we could be here for at least two hours! Joy!!! Looks like The Ugly is my companion until we move!
Bazuna was my player of the match on 18:41 - Jan 20 with 2230 views1885_SFC

I agree that Gavin Bazunu had a great game today. Considering his workload doubled on the hour when Jack Stephens emerged onto the pitch - well done Gav !!!

Old School is Cool

Bazuna was my player of the match on 19:16 - Jan 20 with 2175 viewsBerber

I agree that GB was man of the match. At half time, I was preparing to eat crow regarding RM. However, we could have conceded 3 goals quite easily in the second half, and that is not counting GBs magnificent save. Our defence is every bit as bad as the worst with RH, sad to say, and we seem to crumble at the least pressure. Swansea were proficient and workmanlike after a dreadful first half, yet we were extremely lucky to get away with it at the end.
Bazuna was my player of the match on 22:18 - Jan 20 with 1981 viewswashington_saint

Bazuna was my player of the match on 19:16 - Jan 20 by Berber

I agree that GB was man of the match. At half time, I was preparing to eat crow regarding RM. However, we could have conceded 3 goals quite easily in the second half, and that is not counting GBs magnificent save. Our defence is every bit as bad as the worst with RH, sad to say, and we seem to crumble at the least pressure. Swansea were proficient and workmanlike after a dreadful first half, yet we were extremely lucky to get away with it at the end.

Wow - can't agree with any of that. We have conceded 7 goals in 13 games now and you're claiming they are terrible?

Crumbled - bloody hell, we are 21 unbeaten. When did we crumble? IN the second half where we did not concede?

Lucky to get away with it - bloody hell! We had double the shots of Swansea and 5-0 at HT would have been a fair reflection. Their keeper was their best player by a country mile.

We're 21 unbeaten, moved up to 2nd and yet it seems you're still not happy.
Bazuna was my player of the match on 00:40 - Jan 21 with 1857 viewssledger

agreed bazuna made some good saves but how many of them were needed because of his poor decision making as to when to play out from the back and when to clear the ball long and turn them round bearing in mind they were pressing high and we were already 3-1 up.Make the same mistakes against leicester and they will rip us a new one
Login to get fewer ads

Bazuna was my player of the match on 07:35 - Jan 21 with 1736 viewscocklebreath

Bazuna was my player of the match on 19:16 - Jan 20 by Berber

Slightly over the top

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Bazuna was my player of the match on 11:19 - Jan 21 with 1519 viewskingslandstand1

Bazuna was my player of the match on 00:40 - Jan 21 by sledger

agreed bazuna made some good saves but how many of them were needed because of his poor decision making as to when to play out from the back and when to clear the ball long and turn them round bearing in mind they were pressing high and we were already 3-1 up.Make the same mistakes against leicester and they will rip us a new one

Tbf, he did clear down the pitch once or twice which was picked up on in the commentary in as much stated that he wasn't doing that earlier in the season. But as you say Sledger, there were times when he went back to giving us the sh1ts a couple of times!

Another factor in the MOTM accolade is that he had so little to do for long periods (first half obviously) but when called upon for those 2 or 3 excellent saves had the concentration to be alert to them
Bazuna was my player of the match on 16:27 - Jan 21 with 1422 viewsButty101

Bazuna was my player of the match on 11:19 - Jan 21 by kingslandstand1

Tbf, he did clear down the pitch once or twice which was picked up on in the commentary in as much stated that he wasn't doing that earlier in the season. But as you say Sledger, there were times when he went back to giving us the sh1ts a couple of times!

Another factor in the MOTM accolade is that he had so little to do for long periods (first half obviously) but when called upon for those 2 or 3 excellent saves had the concentration to be alert to them

Baz had a decent game but could easily have been sent off when he took out one of their players when they scored

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Bazuna was my player of the match on 16:39 - Jan 21 with 1412 viewsgrumpy

Bazuna is a good keeper and can make some excellent saves,the only thing that concerns me is when he has the ball at his feet he passes to his defender close to his goal who is marked, and he does like to dribble round players which can be dangerous.
[Post edited 21 Jan 17:30]
Bazuna was my player of the match on 18:47 - Jan 21 with 1333 viewskingslandstand1

Bazuna was my player of the match on 16:27 - Jan 21 by Butty101

Baz had a decent game but could easily have been sent off when he took out one of their players when they scored

Trying to be unbiased I wasn't assure as the commentary team re that. Both players went for the ball and Baz had fully taken off when the collision happened, although if they didn't score there may have been a bit more of a protest from the Swans. And from what I saw of Lumley against Wallsall I wouldn't hve been too upset
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024