Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nathan Tella 10:29 - Feb 5 with 1481 viewsSaintNick

I had previously posted that he was considered a bit of a failure for Bayer Leverkusen having not started a game for them in the Bundesliga.

He got his first start in this competition on Saturday and scored both goals against Darmstadt in a 2-0 win away from home.

So hopefully he will start to prosper there

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Nathan Tella on 10:36 - Feb 5 with 1456 viewsyateleysaint

I didn’t realize they were playing Darmstadt.

I reckon I could score a couple against them.

You cannot reason a person out of something they were not reasoned into.

Nathan Tella on 10:56 - Feb 5 with 1409 viewsSaintNick

Nathan Tella on 10:36 - Feb 5 by yateleysaint

I didn’t realize they were playing Darmstadt.

I reckon I could score a couple against them.

I didnt want to be the one to point that out, someone would have accused me of being biased against him

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Nathan Tella on 12:43 - Feb 5 with 1299 viewsButty101

Nathan Tella on 10:56 - Feb 5 by SaintNick

I didnt want to be the one to point that out, someone would have accused me of being biased against him

So by scoring 2 meaningful goals in agame, he has achieved more than Mara in 18 months

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Nathan Tella on 14:33 - Feb 5 with 1224 viewsLondonSaint76

Nathan Tella on 10:56 - Feb 5 by SaintNick

Tella also scored the first goal against Leipzig in a 3-2 away win there on 20th Jan, Leipzig are not a bad side, currently 5th in the Bundesliga

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

Nathan Tella on 14:55 - Feb 5 with 1202 viewsTimSaint

He has really only featured as a late sub in most games up until now, because they were doing so well - winning games, top of the league etc, so Tella has not had a chance to shine.

Injuries to their front line has means he has now been given his chance.

3 goals and counting. You can only score against who you are playing.
Good luck to him. We got a great price for him and in theory should have had ready made replacements for him in Sulemana and Edozie. As it happens, those replacements are now Frazer and Brooks. I thought we would miss him, perhaps we did early on, but now we don't and we don't really miss Sulemana and Edozie either, as Frazer has been so influential.

I watched the highlights and Tella scored with a back post header after running on to a deep cross and then with a powerful drive from the right side of the box. He looked like he was still finding his feet and getting to know his team mates, but it was his first League start.

TimSaint

Nathan Tella on 18:46 - Feb 10 with 752 viewsButty101

Nathan Tella on 14:55 - Feb 5 by TimSaint

He has really only featured as a late sub in most games up until now, because they were doing so well - winning games, top of the league etc, so Tella has not had a chance to shine.

Injuries to their front line has means he has now been given his chance.

3 goals and counting. You can only score against who you are playing.
Good luck to him. We got a great price for him and in theory should have had ready made replacements for him in Sulemana and Edozie. As it happens, those replacements are now Frazer and Brooks. I thought we would miss him, perhaps we did early on, but now we don't and we don't really miss Sulemana and Edozie either, as Frazer has been so influential.

I watched the highlights and Tella scored with a back post header after running on to a deep cross and then with a powerful drive from the right side of the box. He looked like he was still finding his feet and getting to know his team mates, but it was his first League start.

Well done Nathan Tella, got a few goals and worked his way into the team. Started the big one tonight against Bayern

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Nathan Tella on 19:33 - Feb 10 with 691 viewsdirk_doone

Nathan Tella on 18:46 - Feb 10 by Butty101

Well done Nathan Tella, got a few goals and worked his way into the team. Started the big one tonight against Bayern

A Tella assist for one of Bayer's goals as they beat Bayern 3-0, which makes them hot favourites to win the league and give Tella his second league trophy in 2 years. How Harry Kane must envy him.

Tella's undefeated this season in 19 games for Bayer Leverkusen and 3 for Saints, as well as his last 21 games for Burnley last season. That's a 43 match unbeaten run.
[Post edited 10 Feb 20:02]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024