Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale 15:12 - Feb 7 with 4676 views442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2024/february/eightgamebundle_feb24/

Hopefully there will be a reasonable take up of the offer, it’ll be interesting to hear the results of whether those who attended the Fylde game buy any.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 15:37 - Feb 7 with 3308 viewsdale1968

And we have no money?

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 16:11 - Feb 7 with 3219 viewsDale69er

Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 15:37 - Feb 7 by dale1968

And we have no money?

Owt's better than nowt!
Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 17:28 - Feb 7 with 3109 viewsDalenet

Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 15:37 - Feb 7 by dale1968

And we have no money?

But we don't have enough regular fans either. Better to get people in the habit now - they may even buy a full season ticket for next year if they like it
Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 17:51 - Feb 7 with 3056 viewsD_Alien

Shame we don't have a midweek home game during half-term week. These games were always good for promoting family tickets

In terms of promoting anything, we desperately need to start playing more attractive football. We're nine points clear of the drop zone, so with players returning from injury and additions to the squad there's no excuse for boring the arse off everyone, including probably the players themselves. Just give the lads a bit more headway to take a gamble and make a mistake - in the opposition half of the field. Perhaps Hayes will show the way again
[Post edited 7 Feb 17:52]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 17:56 - Feb 7 with 3038 viewsReedy

Be nice if they put the pricing in the article.

Blog: The FA Cup

Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 17:56 - Feb 7 with 3036 views442Dale

Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 17:51 - Feb 7 by D_Alien

Shame we don't have a midweek home game during half-term week. These games were always good for promoting family tickets

In terms of promoting anything, we desperately need to start playing more attractive football. We're nine points clear of the drop zone, so with players returning from injury and additions to the squad there's no excuse for boring the arse off everyone, including probably the players themselves. Just give the lads a bit more headway to take a gamble and make a mistake - in the opposition half of the field. Perhaps Hayes will show the way again
[Post edited 7 Feb 17:52]

Yeah, really hope Hayes can make the difference like last time he was here. It’s incredibly frustrating when our wide players turn back because that’s when the ball all too often ends up back with the defence. We know what works and has worked, it’s down to the manager to ensure it happens. That’s the frustration.

Though we are at home during half term - Boreham Wood on the 20th Half term is different in some places admittedly.

Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 18:04 - Feb 7 with 3002 viewsD_Alien

Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 17:56 - Feb 7 by 442Dale

Yeah, really hope Hayes can make the difference like last time he was here. It’s incredibly frustrating when our wide players turn back because that’s when the ball all too often ends up back with the defence. We know what works and has worked, it’s down to the manager to ensure it happens. That’s the frustration.

Though we are at home during half term - Boreham Wood on the 20th Half term is different in some places admittedly.

Ah, that's a late half-term (didn't check the dates)

A promotion for the match is possible then, no doubt based around "Bring the kids, it's Boreham time"

Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 05:49 - Feb 8 with 2664 viewsJames1980

I know this has been shared by myself in the past but is something like this worth looking into especially if season ticket prices increase.
https://www.wwfc.com/tickets/subscriptions/

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 09:53 - Feb 8 with 2514 viewsA_Newby

Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 05:49 - Feb 8 by James1980

I know this has been shared by myself in the past but is something like this worth looking into especially if season ticket prices increase.
https://www.wwfc.com/tickets/subscriptions/

I 100% agree James. This is the way forward. Most people pay for utility bills, phone bills, insurance etc this way.

It would bring a regular known fixed income into the club every month even in the summer period when there is little other income as well as helping fans to budget.

However, like insurance for example, it may have to include a small extra monthly charge, for example if next season the price of an adult season card in the main stand increased to £350.

This could be paid for by a one off payment of £350 or alternatively 12 equal monthly payment of £30, paying a total of £360.

It is important to the club to encourage some of the fans to pay for the season card up front in one payment as this provides needed cash between the seasons when other sources of income are low.
[Post edited 8 Feb 9:54]
Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 12:44 - Feb 8 with 2361 viewsTrev

Erm, so how do you buy the bundle and how much does it cost?
Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 13:09 - Feb 8 with 2304 viewsA_Newby

Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 12:44 - Feb 8 by Trev

Erm, so how do you buy the bundle and how much does it cost?

"The price for a Sandy Lane bundle is £120, whilst one in the Smith Metals Family Stand is £132.

Please note, they are only available to purchase in-person or over the phone."

From the club site.
Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 14:09 - Feb 8 with 2227 viewsSheffdale

Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 13:09 - Feb 8 by A_Newby

"The price for a Sandy Lane bundle is £120, whilst one in the Smith Metals Family Stand is £132.

From the club site.

I'm pretty sure the pricing was added after piece was first published. Comments on here might have prompted the edit - but the club don't read the forum! Anyway a good initiative and I hope it brings in a few more pounds and people.
Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 15:01 - Feb 8 with 2156 viewsReedy

It was, on the original article there was no mention of pricing or how to buy them.

Blog: The FA Cup

Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 17:07 - Feb 8 with 2000 viewsblackdogblue

Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 13:09 - Feb 8 by A_Newby

From the club site.

Wonder why no Main Stand?

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 23:24 - Feb 8 with 1804 views49thseason

Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 17:07 - Feb 8 by blackdogblue

Wonder why no Main Stand?

Might it affect the price charged for visiting fans if mainmstand prices were reduced for particular games even if it is by a special offer of some sort.
Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 02:14 - Feb 9 with 1755 viewsJames1980

Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 09:53 - Feb 8 by A_Newby

I 100% agree James. This is the way forward. Most people pay for utility bills, phone bills, insurance etc this way.

It would bring a regular known fixed income into the club every month even in the summer period when there is little other income as well as helping fans to budget.

However, like insurance for example, it may have to include a small extra monthly charge, for example if next season the price of an adult season card in the main stand increased to £350.

This could be paid for by a one off payment of £350 or alternatively 12 equal monthly payment of £30, paying a total of £360.

It is important to the club to encourage some of the fans to pay for the season card up front in one payment as this provides needed cash between the seasons when other sources of income are low.
[Post edited 8 Feb 9:54]

Was this discussed at the fan meetings earlier in the year and was it a suggestion proposed to the board? Could have different levels of package for each stand. Top tier could include voucher for a programme and food and drink at each game plus a voucher for the club shop 2/3/4 times a year.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 10:04 - Feb 9 with 1612 viewsA_Newby

Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 02:14 - Feb 9 by James1980

Was this discussed at the fan meetings earlier in the year and was it a suggestion proposed to the board? Could have different levels of package for each stand. Top tier could include voucher for a programme and food and drink at each game plus a voucher for the club shop 2/3/4 times a year.

I emailed the club to ask about this and have received a reply, paraphrased below.

They have looked at it. Fleetwood, who also have a small number of fans, do it on the same ticketing platform as RAFC use, it hasn’t helped them increase attendances or revenue.

There are problems with supporters opting in and out for different months and the monitoring of what they are entitled to.

There is a significant cost that needs to be passed onto fans.

From the club’s position, the subscription model removes the cash flow boost needed during the summer months where the club has costs but no revenues.
[Post edited 9 Feb 10:21]
Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 10:18 - Feb 9 with 1585 viewsRAFCBLUE

Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 10:04 - Feb 9 by A_Newby

I emailed the club to ask about this and have received a reply, paraphrased below.

They have looked at it. Fleetwood, who also have a small number of fans, do it on the same ticketing platform as RAFC use, it hasn’t helped them increase attendances or revenue.

There are problems with supporters opting in and out for different months and the monitoring of what they are entitled to.

There is a significant cost that needs to be passed onto fans.

From the club’s position, the subscription model removes the cash flow boost needed during the summer months where the club has costs but no revenues.
[Post edited 9 Feb 10:21]

We have to respect too that we are a non-league club with a non-league infrastructure.

The management of monthly direct debits, who pays, who cancels and all changes is a full time job. Organisations with this model such as electricity providers, gyms have dedicated customer services operatives handle the call.

The theory is a good but it would change the clubs whole operating model to monthly payment rather than the traditional season card model employed at 91 other league clubs.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 16:09 - Feb 9 with 1390 views49thseason

Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 10:18 - Feb 9 by RAFCBLUE

We have to respect too that we are a non-league club with a non-league infrastructure.

The management of monthly direct debits, who pays, who cancels and all changes is a full time job. Organisations with this model such as electricity providers, gyms have dedicated customer services operatives handle the call.

The theory is a good but it would change the clubs whole operating model to monthly payment rather than the traditional season card model employed at 91 other league clubs.

There used to be a system that had something called cash, it was like sheets of paper and round things called coins that you could use to buy anything if you had enough of them....I well remember just turning up to watch a game and paying with this cash stuff, all very easy and as a kid, my dad used to pay and extra amount for us to stand in the Paddock he paid something called a sixpence and I paid with something called a threepenny bit.... no codes to remember, no problems with your card not being recognised, no difficulty at all really .... why do we always try to make simple stuff complicated?
Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 17:47 - Feb 9 with 1298 viewsnordenblue

Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 16:09 - Feb 9 by 49thseason

There used to be a system that had something called cash, it was like sheets of paper and round things called coins that you could use to buy anything if you had enough of them....I well remember just turning up to watch a game and paying with this cash stuff, all very easy and as a kid, my dad used to pay and extra amount for us to stand in the Paddock he paid something called a sixpence and I paid with something called a threepenny bit.... no codes to remember, no problems with your card not being recognised, no difficulty at all really .... why do we always try to make simple stuff complicated?

Your last line could also be associated to the football on show for what seems like year on year too
Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 17:54 - Feb 9 with 1289 viewsTrev

As usual lots of barriers to entry so when there's a poor take up the apathetic board can cry 'told you so'.
Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 18:28 - Feb 9 with 1263 viewsRAFCBLUE

Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 16:09 - Feb 9 by 49thseason

I don’t disagree with that at all.

But we embraced in 2020 “the best practice in sport to Rochdale fans” to go cashless and in the middle of a global pandemic where no one entered the ground!

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/april/futureticketingrelease/

Most grounds I’ve been to this season have let me in on presentation of cash.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 18:47 - Feb 9 with 1233 views442Dale

Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 18:28 - Feb 9 by RAFCBLUE

I don’t disagree with that at all.

But we embraced in 2020 “the best practice in sport to Rochdale fans” to go cashless and in the middle of a global pandemic where no one entered the ground!

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2020/april/futureticketingrelease/

Most grounds I’ve been to this season have let me in on presentation of cash.

So why in the three years since crowds returned to grounds haven’t we introduced cash turnstiles?

The tickets can be given to a turnstile operator to issue/scan allowing fans to go straight into the ground without queuing at the ticket office or the Trust desk to hand over cash.

It’s either still the “best practice”, or we’ve simply not reacted well enough and blame the past. Just for a change.

Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 19:04 - Feb 9 with 1205 viewsEllDale

It would be interesting to know much this scanning system cost courtesy of Bottomley.
Halifax away was an example of how cash turnstiles can work in this day and age.
Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 19:12 - Feb 9 with 1191 viewsD_Alien

Eight Game Ticket Bundle on sale on 18:47 - Feb 9 by 442Dale

So why in the three years since crowds returned to grounds haven’t we introduced cash turnstiles?

The tickets can be given to a turnstile operator to issue/scan allowing fans to go straight into the ground without queuing at the ticket office or the Trust desk to hand over cash.

It’s either still the “best practice”, or we’ve simply not reacted well enough and blame the past. Just for a change.

As per a previous post, it's such a shame no-one realised this at the club since the current board took over

Anyone would think this forum hadn't flagged up the very issues which some are now boring the arse off us with their comments when it's too late

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024