Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The first goal advantage 21:36 - Feb 14 with 1240 viewsApex

Hi Guys, The team who scores first have a real advantage being that they are now in a winning position, the other team have to score two goals to be in that position. With the one goal lead that team can gamble on a high press and if their manager spots any weakness in the apposing team he will exploit it and get numbers in the box., the result is the loosing team are pinned in their half of the pitch for most of the match. Playing the whole team in the box whilst defending a corner is what you expect to see in a local non league football match.

The answer to a high press is to copy it and instruct your strikers to not come deeper than the centre circle. If the apposing centre halves back up or use a sweeper push up and go with him/ them. Defenders will not like to gamble with relying on the offside trap too often and they will have to push up to the half way line, the result being that then your players with pace will have a real chance of a break.
Using players who give the ball away to the other side too often should be rested or sent to Spec Savers and playing Walker Peters as a full back is nothing short of madness, he's a *******winger.

The unbeaten run had to end sometime and at an away game in the rain is better that loosing at home in sunshine, however I do hope the managers sees that other clubs are now noting with interest that a high press can beat us and he will radically change his game plan because to put it bluntly - we have been rumbled.

As for our manager; I personally would prefer Joe Tessum who's a match commentator on Radio Solent, he's an ex pro and spot on.

APEX
The first goal advantage on 21:49 - Feb 14 with 1212 viewsSonicBoom

Could you just go over the bit again where you said the thing about the stuff...
The first goal advantage on 08:57 - Feb 15 with 1086 viewssledger

been saying much the same for weeks,we are so predictable and have been sussed out by the better sides,rm sides always sussed out in the end,if we do manage to get promoted and play the same way it wont end well
The first goal advantage on 09:15 - Feb 15 with 1070 viewsfelly1

Two points.

1. Jo Tessum as our manager ...mmmm .
2. It drives me mad when people write "loosing" it's BLOODY "LOSING!!!"
The first goal advantage on 10:14 - Feb 15 with 1038 viewsPatfromPoole

I like Jo Tessem.

He talks an awful lot of sense (miles better than Merrington); but then so did Gary Neville and he quickly got found out in his first managerial gig.

I didn't like our set-up at all on Tuesday, and felt we were lucky to be 0-0 at half-time.

Edozie and Brooks didn't track back enough to help the full-backs, regularly leaving us exposed on the flanks.

We are going to be in for a few defeats away from home in the next few away games (all tough games) if we do not become more solid and stop giving the opposition so many opportunities to get shots in at goal.

Really need Flynn Downes back, he was a huge miss on Tuesday.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

The first goal advantage on 13:29 - Feb 15 with 962 viewsSFC_Referee

The first goal advantage on 09:15 - Feb 15 by felly1

Two points.

Dunno, think your loosing the plot a bit there…

Poll: Should Russel Martins be sacked if we don’t win playoffs

The first goal advantage on 16:59 - Feb 15 with 903 viewsApex

Ooooo, you said a naughty word Ref. give yourself a Yellow card for profanity.

APEX
The first goal advantage on 07:46 - Feb 16 with 759 viewsBerber

The first goal advantage on 09:15 - Feb 15 by felly1

Two points.

Correct, loosing seems more like a bowel disorder.
The first goal advantage on 11:32 - Feb 20 with 633 viewsApex

Hi, ok losing is spelt with one o but the word choosing has two, so as far as I'm concerned loosing is what I'm choosing .

I will never understand why some people need to swear just to empathize a point, it's so contemptuous and frivolous.

I hope the Saints get that first goal and Leeds don't.

Apex
Login to get fewer ads

The first goal advantage on 08:46 - Feb 24 with 468 viewsdarthvader

The first goal advantage on 11:32 - Feb 20 by Apex

Hi, ok losing is spelt with one o but the word choosing has two, so as far as I'm concerned loosing is what I'm choosing .

I will never understand why some people need to swear just to empathize a point, it's so contemptuous and frivolous.

Apex

I concur about the bloody swearing bit .if you chose too ,thats fine but im loosing my mind with this teem after the other knight .

keep the faith coyr

The first goal advantage on 11:34 - Feb 24 with 407 viewsJellybaby

The first goal advantage on 11:32 - Feb 20 by Apex

Apex

Spelling is diffocault , challanging and harred.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

The first goal advantage on 12:55 - Feb 24 with 384 viewsApex

Naw it's seesy,

Apex
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024