Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 things I have noticed this week 10:08 - Feb 25 with 827 viewsPatfromPoole

1. Leeds and Leicester are miles ahead of us. Their game on Friday was an exhilarating watch. Played at pace, exactly what we don’t do.

2. We seem to now have very little goal threat. Not signing a striker in January will not be a surprise to many on here as costing us dear.

3. Russell Martin is now resorting to bizarre decisions, both in terms of players’ positions on the pitch and his substitutions. Yesterday was almost surreal.

4. They say a player’s true value is recognised when they are injured. And so it is with Flynn Downes. Relative to our financial position, we spent a fortune on Shea Charles, who cannot be relied on to deputise. That one is on Russell Martin.

5. A week is a long time in football. After the elation at West Brom, realism seems to have set in. Playing football at walking pace is not a method for success.

Something has to change.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

5 things I have noticed this week on 10:43 - Feb 25 with 725 viewsFlamingbankers

Tippy-tappy in defence is the real killer - you would have thought they'd have learnt by now.
Secondly, defensive right and left backs and a strong midfield seems obvious to me. Yet Martin's always right and Saints will continue in his style. However, this tactic may have hit a brick wall now - it's true, teams have found us out. Still, if we're not good enough to go up, I'm happy to try and rebuild (again) again in the Champ, with or without Martin, rather that than trying to rebuild for the Prem but getting hammered every other week.
5 things I have noticed this week on 10:52 - Feb 25 with 690 viewsButty101

Why is number 4 on Martin? For me it’s on Wilcox blowing 20mill on 2 players that have contributed zero.
Although if you believe Nick the striker has already paid for himself by being on the bench.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

5 things I have noticed this week on 10:58 - Feb 25 with 665 viewsPatfromPoole

5 things I have noticed this week on 10:52 - Feb 25 by Butty101

Why is number 4 on Martin? For me it’s on Wilcox blowing 20mill on 2 players that have contributed zero.
Although if you believe Nick the striker has already paid for himself by being on the bench.

Martin would have been involved in the decision on Shea Charles.

If he didn’t want him, he should have stood up to Wilcox.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

5 things I have noticed this week on 11:07 - Feb 25 with 632 viewsButty101

5 things I have noticed this week on 10:58 - Feb 25 by PatfromPoole

Martin would have been involved in the decision on Shea Charles.

If he didn’t want him, he should have stood up to Wilcox.

I’m not so sure Martin would have know about him. It has Wilcox written all over it

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

5 things I have noticed this week on 11:59 - Feb 25 with 519 viewsdirk_doone

5 things I have noticed this week on 11:07 - Feb 25 by Butty101

I’m not so sure Martin would have know about him. It has Wilcox written all over it

I now have a mental picture of him running out at St Mary's with Wilcox written all over his shirt.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024