Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a crazy world - ISIS target Russia 22:40 - Mar 22 with 1424 viewsSouthamptonfan

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/03/22/europe/crocus-moscow-sho

Why would ISIS target Russia.
[Post edited 22 Mar 22:41]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

What a crazy world - ISIS target Russia on 23:12 - Mar 22 with 1361 views1885_SFC

It's pretty obvious to me. Not sure why the international Press haven't picked up on it yet.

Russia, along with China, vetoed a UN Gaza peace resolution earlier today which would have put a stop to the bombing in Gaza - at least temporarily.

Looks like Muslim fanatics are making Putin pay for his fcuked up politics.

Old School is Cool

What a crazy world - ISIS target Russia on 23:17 - Mar 22 with 1352 viewsSouthamptonfan

What a crazy world - ISIS target Russia on 23:12 - Mar 22 by 1885_SFC

It's pretty obvious to me. Not sure why the international Press haven't picked up on it yet.

Russia, along with China, vetoed a UN Gaza peace resolution earlier today which would have put a stop to the bombing in Gaza - at least temporarily.

You're probably right, makes sense, good point.
[Post edited 22 Mar 23:18]

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

What a crazy world - ISIS target Russia on 23:29 - Mar 22 with 1343 viewsfranniesTache

I’ll wait and see what comes out the wash with this one, it’s been proven after the fact Putin gassed his own people at the ballet to provide an excuse to invade Chechnya and as hes losing support for the Ukraine war I wouldn’t be hugely shocked if he was behind this too.

Not saying it’s not some mad religious c*nts, could easily be that too, but when it comes to Russia it tends to pay to wait
What a crazy world - ISIS target Russia on 00:20 - Mar 23 with 1304 viewssaintsfanbrock

What a crazy world - ISIS target Russia on 23:12 - Mar 22 by 1885_SFC

Doubt it was based on the vote today, takes a while to come up with an armed gunman plot. Probably has more to do with the bad relations between Russia and ISIS given that Russia has such good relations with Syria and assisted them by carrying out air strikes on ISIS.
[Post edited 23 Mar 0:21]
What a crazy world - ISIS target Russia on 09:52 - Mar 23 with 1056 viewskingslandstand1

What a crazy world - ISIS target Russia on 23:29 - Mar 22 by franniesTache

I’ll wait and see what comes out the wash with this one, it’s been proven after the fact Putin gassed his own people at the ballet to provide an excuse to invade Chechnya and as hes losing support for the Ukraine war I wouldn’t be hugely shocked if he was behind this too.

Not saying it’s not some mad religious c*nts, could easily be that too, but when it comes to Russia it tends to pay to wait

Putin will try and find a way of blaming the "West"
What a crazy world - ISIS target Russia on 10:03 - Mar 25 with 693 viewssaint901

It does seem that ISIS has claimed responsibility but that unfortunately that does not tie in with Putin wishing to blame Ukraine/the West for what is a horrific act.

My understanding of Islam is sadly lacking but I think one of the principles is that if a people accept the core beliefs of Islam, then whatever "sub religion" they choose to follow should be tolerated. Many of the Islamic empires of the past existed on this premise.

I think however that the Koran can be read by some as justifying the forced acceptance of Islam in order to subsequently allow for integration. I suggest that a lot of the religious movements have rules that can be similarly interpreted - see for example the Conquistadors campaigns in South America; the persecution of certain ethnic and religious groups in Europe over the centuries based on a set of ideas. It just so happens that Islam is perhaps the most active at the moment.

So ISIS sees Russia as "unbelievers". Worse, unbelievers who have actively suppressed Islamic populations. So they become legitimate targets.

Unfortunately in doing this, thy fuel the conspiracy theories about a global war (between differing religious beliefs in this case) and allow all sorts of lunacy in act and thought.

At he end of the day nearly 140 people went to a gig and did not come home. That is a tragedy.

(My apologies to any with better knowledge of Islam than I've demonstrated above and correction is always welcome.)
What a crazy world - ISIS target Russia on 12:36 - Mar 26 with 587 views1885_SFC

I see the Russians didn't mess about with the terrorists once they captured them. All four looked 'healthy' when they appeared in court yesterday.

Hand on heart, I can't blame the troops for dishing out a bit of 'proper' justice.

Karma at its best.

Old School is Cool

What a crazy world - ISIS target Russia on 12:47 - Mar 26 with 571 viewsdirk_doone

What a crazy world - ISIS target Russia on 12:36 - Mar 26 by 1885_SFC

I see the Russians didn't mess about with the terrorists once they captured them. All four looked 'healthy' when they appeared in court yesterday.

Hand on heart, I can't blame the troops for dishing out a bit of 'proper' justice.

Karma at its best.

Those terrorists had some balls -although they probably don't have them now -to take that amount of torture and still not agree to say they were sent by Ukraine. Putin would have happily sacrificed a thousand young Russians if he could have got those 4 ISIS terrorists to say that in front of the cameras.
[Post edited 26 Mar 13:59]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

What a crazy world - ISIS target Russia on 13:26 - Mar 26 with 546 views1885_SFC

What a crazy world - ISIS target Russia on 12:47 - Mar 26 by dirk_doone

Those terrorists had some balls -although they probably don't have them now -to take that amount of torture and still not agree to say they were sent by Ukraine. Putin would have happily sacrificed a thousand young Russians if he could have got those 4 ISIS terrorists to say that in front of the cameras.
[Post edited 26 Mar 13:59]

Talking of Ukraine, I watched this last night on BBC2. Truly brilliant documentary and would recommend it highly. Rather them than me fighting in a war in those conditions!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001xr50/ukraine-enemy-in-the-woods

Watched '20 days in Mariupol' the other night too. Heart-breaking stuff and kudos to the lads that filmed it as the Russian invaders arrived in the city.

Old School is Cool

What a crazy world - ISIS target Russia on 16:57 - Mar 26 with 481 viewsBerber

After what Russia did to them in Syria? Hmm, let me think about that one.
What a crazy world - ISIS target Russia on 18:33 - Mar 27 with 372 viewskernow

No organised security at the venue, no response from the cops for over an hour after the event, despite the fact there was a nick within the complex. Previous form of blowing up residential tower blocks as a prelude for kicking off in the Caucasus regions.
Less than a week after a farce of an “election “. Green light for a general mobilisation.
I smell dirty tricks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024