Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonights Games 20:42 - Apr 4 with 932 viewsSaintNick

Bizarre goal conceded by Sheffield United has left them 1-0 down at half time, Chelsea already 2-0 up against United

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Tonights Games on 20:52 - Apr 4 with 909 viewsSaintNick

Those Liverpool haters will be pleased to hear that Sheffield United have equalised with a bizarre own goal

Tonights Games on 20:59 - Apr 4 with 893 viewshedgeend61

Chelsea 2-2 now, decent game
Tonights Games on 21:10 - Apr 4 with 866 viewsSaintNick

Tonights Games on 20:59 - Apr 4 by hedgeend61

Liverpool 2-1 now McCalister scorcher

Tonights Games on 21:20 - Apr 4 with 835 viewshedgeend61

Tonights Games on 21:10 - Apr 4 by SaintNick

3-1
Tonights Games on 21:45 - Apr 4 with 786 viewshedgeend61

Tonights Games on 20:59 - Apr 4 by hedgeend61

3-2 United now, 35 goal attempts so far
Tonights Games on 21:48 - Apr 4 with 769 viewsSaintNick

Tonights Games on 21:45 - Apr 4 by hedgeend61

3-2 United now, 35 goal attempts so far

Worse strike rate than Saints

Tonights Games on 22:12 - Apr 4 with 727 viewscocklebreath

Tonights Games on 21:10 - Apr 4 by SaintNick

Stay calm Nick, it looks like your boys might get a non covid title

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Tonights Games on 22:13 - Apr 4 with 720 viewshedgeend61

Tonights Games on 21:48 - Apr 4 by SaintNick

Worse strike rate than Saints

Penalty Chelsea
Login to get fewer ads

Tonights Games on 22:17 - Apr 4 with 691 viewsSaintNick

Tonights Games on 22:13 - Apr 4 by hedgeend61

Penalty Chelsea

Not sure that it was a pen but despatched well

Tonights Games on 22:18 - Apr 4 with 691 viewshedgeend61

4-3 Chelsea.
Tonights Games on 22:19 - Apr 4 with 683 viewsSaintNick

Tonights Games on 22:18 - Apr 4 by hedgeend61

4-3 Chelsea.

You must be 30 secs ahead of me but United went to sleep on this one

Tonights Games on 22:19 - Apr 4 with 682 viewssaintwizzler

Tonights Games on 22:12 - Apr 4 by cocklebreath

Stay calm Nick, it looks like your boys might get a non covid title

Hopefully Arsenal or Man City will win it.
It should be an English team.

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Tonights Games on 22:23 - Apr 4 with 659 viewsdirk_doone

Tonights Games on 22:18 - Apr 4 by hedgeend61

4-3 Chelsea.

What brilliant entertainment that was. It's 10.20pm and the Chelsea fans are still in the ground singing.
[Post edited 4 Apr 22:30]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Tonights Games on 22:28 - Apr 4 with 646 viewshedgeend61

Tonights Games on 22:19 - Apr 4 by SaintNick

You must be 30 secs ahead of me but United went to sleep on this one

Thought I was a minute in front

Best PL game of the season, worst was City V Arsenal Sunday, dire.

United were terrible at the weekend v Brentford, gave it a go tonight, should be a few goals when they play the Mickeys Sunday
Tonights Games on 22:31 - Apr 4 with 625 viewsSaintNick

Tonights Games on 22:19 - Apr 4 by saintwizzler

Hopefully Arsenal or Man City will win it.
It should be an English team.

Yes perhaps the English team owned by the Americans, (Thats Arsenal by the way) or perhaps the English club owned by the Abu Dhabi royal family assuming that they get out of the 115 charges for breaking the financial fair play rules.

On a serious note how low would we have to go down the leagues before we found a club with English owners and a predominantly English squad or at least UK squad.

Brighton perhaps with 9 UK born players and 18 non uk players

Tonights Games on 22:37 - Apr 4 with 609 viewssaintwizzler

Tonights Games on 22:31 - Apr 4 by SaintNick

Yes perhaps the English team owned by the Americans, (Thats Arsenal by the way) or perhaps the English club owned by the Abu Dhabi royal family assuming that they get out of the 115 charges for breaking the financial fair play rules.

On a serious note how low would we have to go down the leagues before we found a club with English owners and a predominantly English squad or at least UK squad.

Brighton perhaps with 9 UK born players and 18 non uk players

Scouse not English.

Tonights Games on 22:40 - Apr 4 with 595 viewsSaintNick

Tonights Games on 22:37 - Apr 4 by saintwizzler

Scouse not English.

But there are no scousers following Liverpool anymore, they are all Scandinavians, Irish or from Slough

Tonights Games on 22:40 - Apr 4 with 594 viewssaintwizzler

Tonights Games on 22:37 - Apr 4 by saintwizzler

Scouse not English.

Booing the English national anthem.
Singing disgraceful songs outside Anfield to Rangers fan about HRH Queen Elizabeth.

Scumbags.

Tonights Games on 22:52 - Apr 4 with 572 viewsSaintNick

Tonights Games on 22:40 - Apr 4 by saintwizzler

Booing the English national anthem.
Singing disgraceful songs outside Anfield to Rangers fan about HRH Queen Elizabeth.

Scumbags.

Whilst no one can condone some of the songs sung by Liverpool fans, is there a club that has not sung something inappropriate at some stage, most of the Premier League clubs mock them for the Hillsborough disaster and the deaths of 97 football fans.

Manchester United used to be the target in the 70's/80's about Munich, Brighton got roasted for being gay, Tottenham for being Jewish , Arsenal for being Irish, Cardiff/Swansea for sh**ing sheep.

Glasgow Celtic fans continue to blatantly make political statements

Every team have scumbags

Tonights Games on 23:00 - Apr 4 with 555 viewssaintwizzler

Tonights Games on 22:52 - Apr 4 by SaintNick

Whilst no one can condone some of the songs sung by Liverpool fans, is there a club that has not sung something inappropriate at some stage, most of the Premier League clubs mock them for the Hillsborough disaster and the deaths of 97 football fans.

Manchester United used to be the target in the 70's/80's about Munich, Brighton got roasted for being gay, Tottenham for being Jewish , Arsenal for being Irish, Cardiff/Swansea for sh**ing sheep.

Every team have scumbags

‘most of the Premier League clubs mock them for the Hillsborough disaster and the deaths of 97 football fans.’

I’m done
Why I came back on here to read such twaddle.
Have a word Nick.
Please.

Goodbye
And
GOD SAVE THE KING

Tonights Games on 08:27 - Apr 5 with 405 viewsSaintNick

Tonights Games on 23:00 - Apr 4 by saintwizzler

‘most of the Premier League clubs mock them for the Hillsborough disaster and the deaths of 97 football fans.’

I’m done
Why I came back on here to read such twaddle.
Have a word Nick.
Please.

Goodbye
And
GOD SAVE THE KING

I get to have the final word then.

I have no problem with people disliking Liverpool fans or Manchester United fans or whoever and it should be noted that Liverpool supporters, then mainly scouse sang Munich 58 songs at Manchester United in the mid 70's so I am not just sticking up for Scousers here, they are far from blameless.

"most of the Premier League clubs mock them for the Hillsborough disaster and the deaths of 97 football fans.’" is "Twaddle" yet chanting "Always the Victims" as well as calling them that on social media is not twaddle just banter.

Back in the 1980's the national anthem was not booed by Liverpool fans or Scousers in general, in fact after Hillsborough there was a surge of love & sympathy for Liverpool Football Club, England games were well attended by Scousers and there were usually a plethora of both Liverpool & Everton fans ( For clarity Liverpool is not split between monarchy loving Everton fans who sing the national anthem with gusto & Monarchy hating Liverpool supporters) with flags visible at England games home and away.

So what changed ? I would like to say social media, but it started before that in the mid 90's, but social media fanned it later in the decade, suddenly you could abuse the opposition fans on line and that carried on the the matches.

London clubs started picking up on the North South divide and football was sanitised, but it was becoming the game we see now, were a section of every club's support seem to think they have to sing abusive songs about their rivals at every game, including people from the home counties who go to Anfield and feel they have to boo the National anthem at cup finals and sing about being Scouse not English.

For the record I have no real problem with the Monarchy, neither did my Grandfather, born & bred in Liverpool and who spent 4 years in a Liverpool regiment on the Somme in the first World war, nor did my Father who spent 6 years of his life in the British army in the second world war. Most Scousers these days will also have parents & grandparents and further down the line who did the same.

It is a siege mentality up there, but that comes from the online abuse and chanting at football games, in the main I have found that most Scousers in the pubs etc, don't lecture you on being Scouse not English, they talk about the same things that everyone else does, football, music, cricket or whatever.

This is just scratching the surface of why Liverpool has become the most hated club in football.

None of the above really bothers me, I just stick up for it because I get sick and tired of being told that my family are all "Victims" that they hate their country etc, a bit like the aftermath of Hillsborough really when the media were briefed to say Liverpool fans had urinated on their own dead etc and the sheep who read some of the gutter press stories in the aftermath like to bring it all back up at football matches.

Thus endeth the history lesson !

So Goodbye
And to repeat my Grandfather and Father who marched under the British Flag
God Save The Queen

NB This rant was sponsored by the Liverpool Tourist Board who are offering two for one trips on the Mersey Ferry to anyone who produces a Saints season ticket at the ticket office.

Tonights Games on 09:01 - Apr 5 with 380 viewsdirk_doone

Tonights Games on 08:27 - Apr 5 by SaintNick

I get to have the final word then.

I have no problem with people disliking Liverpool fans or Manchester United fans or whoever and it should be noted that Liverpool supporters, then mainly scouse sang Munich 58 songs at Manchester United in the mid 70's so I am not just sticking up for Scousers here, they are far from blameless.

"most of the Premier League clubs mock them for the Hillsborough disaster and the deaths of 97 football fans.’" is "Twaddle" yet chanting "Always the Victims" as well as calling them that on social media is not twaddle just banter.

Back in the 1980's the national anthem was not booed by Liverpool fans or Scousers in general, in fact after Hillsborough there was a surge of love & sympathy for Liverpool Football Club, England games were well attended by Scousers and there were usually a plethora of both Liverpool & Everton fans ( For clarity Liverpool is not split between monarchy loving Everton fans who sing the national anthem with gusto & Monarchy hating Liverpool supporters) with flags visible at England games home and away.

So what changed ? I would like to say social media, but it started before that in the mid 90's, but social media fanned it later in the decade, suddenly you could abuse the opposition fans on line and that carried on the the matches.

London clubs started picking up on the North South divide and football was sanitised, but it was becoming the game we see now, were a section of every club's support seem to think they have to sing abusive songs about their rivals at every game, including people from the home counties who go to Anfield and feel they have to boo the National anthem at cup finals and sing about being Scouse not English.

For the record I have no real problem with the Monarchy, neither did my Grandfather, born & bred in Liverpool and who spent 4 years in a Liverpool regiment on the Somme in the first World war, nor did my Father who spent 6 years of his life in the British army in the second world war. Most Scousers these days will also have parents & grandparents and further down the line who did the same.

It is a siege mentality up there, but that comes from the online abuse and chanting at football games, in the main I have found that most Scousers in the pubs etc, don't lecture you on being Scouse not English, they talk about the same things that everyone else does, football, music, cricket or whatever.

This is just scratching the surface of why Liverpool has become the most hated club in football.

None of the above really bothers me, I just stick up for it because I get sick and tired of being told that my family are all "Victims" that they hate their country etc, a bit like the aftermath of Hillsborough really when the media were briefed to say Liverpool fans had urinated on their own dead etc and the sheep who read some of the gutter press stories in the aftermath like to bring it all back up at football matches.

Thus endeth the history lesson !

So Goodbye
And to repeat my Grandfather and Father who marched under the British Flag
God Save The Queen

NB This rant was sponsored by the Liverpool Tourist Board who are offering two for one trips on the Mersey Ferry to anyone who produces a Saints season ticket at the ticket office.

The paragraph limit for readers of posts on football messageboards is about 5. I don't know what you've written there, Nick, but then neither does anybody else.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Tonights Games on 09:06 - Apr 5 with 375 viewsSaintNick

Tonights Games on 09:01 - Apr 5 by dirk_doone

The paragraph limit for readers of posts on football messageboards is about 5. I don't know what you've written there, Nick, but then neither does anybody else.

You have made a good point there, perhaps the whole point of the long winded article can be summed up in 4 words

"Ignorance is no excuse" lol

This post has been edited by an administrator

Tonights Games on 09:47 - Apr 5 with 327 viewsManhattan_Lynx

Tonights Games on 22:52 - Apr 4 by SaintNick

Every team have scumbags

I agree that songs should not be sung about most of those things. However, you seemed to sneak in that Welsh fans should not be abused for their carnal knowledge of sheep. For what it is worth, my contrary view is that interfering with sheep is quite an unacceptable pastime, and it is fair game to let the ewe-botherers know that in very clear terms.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024