Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve Cooper 09:38 - Apr 9 with 1102 viewsPatfromPoole

Sort it, Ankersen.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Steve Cooper on 13:01 - Apr 28 with 855 viewsPatfromPoole

Bump.

Steve Cooper on 13:18 - Apr 28 with 808 viewssledger

wouldnt that be great,doubt we could pay enough to get him off nottingham forest gardening leave
Steve Cooper on 13:41 - Apr 28 with 751 viewssaint22

Never gonna happen
When have we ever got a manager we actually want and/or need
Not since Koeman
Steve Cooper on 13:44 - Apr 28 with 753 viewsPatfromPoole

Steve Cooper on 13:18 - Apr 28 by sledger

wouldnt that be great,doubt we could pay enough to get him off nottingham forest gardening leave

I have misjudged people in football many a time.

But Steve Cooper does not strike me as a money-mad mercenary.

If we don’t get him in, then somebody like Sunderland or Birmingham (if they stay up) will for next season.

Steve Cooper on 13:47 - Apr 28 with 747 viewskingolaf

He is absolutely the best person for the job. Loses Martin all day long.
Steve Cooper on 14:34 - Apr 28 with 671 viewsGRIM

Steve Cooper on 13:47 - Apr 28 by kingolaf

He is absolutely the best person for the job. Loses Martin all day long.

Wouldn't disagree, Steve Cooper has a decent track record (more than you can say for RM).
I'd prefer Graham Potter but that ain't going to happen.
It's unlikely we'd go for anyone that's proven at working with clubs of our status. Just look at our last 3 choices of Manager.
Nathan Jones
Ruben Selles
Russell Martin..
The longer the season has gone on the more convinced I am that RM is just not the man to take us up.
He's lost the confidence of the fan base & it looks like he's lost the dressing room as well.
[Post edited 28 Apr 18:29]
Steve Cooper on 14:57 - Apr 28 with 636 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Steve Cooper on 13:44 - Apr 28 by PatfromPoole

I have misjudged people in football many a time.

But Steve Cooper does not strike me as a money-mad mercenary.

If we don’t get him in, then somebody like Sunderland or Birmingham (if they stay up) will for next season.

I stand to be corrected on this if I am wrong but wasn’t it SR who decided as a result of their period of self reflection after relegation that the club was now going to adopt this supposedly exciting new direction of possession based football, as Peter Kay said about garlic bread, it’s the future.

If I am correct, if they do bin BBB (had enough of his press conferences so he’s been upgraded from the Brighton Buddha to the Bulls@@@ting Brighton Buddha) SR will only appoint like for like IF I am correct in recalling what was said after last season ended.

Totally agree re Cooper, what a breath of fresh air that would be.

Also agree if we don’t get him in there will be plenty of other takers. If Ipswich go up auto and Leeds blow the play offs I can see them taking him. If Forest fail to stay up I can see them taking him back as Nuno has been underwhelming. As usual we will either stick with BBB or miss out on the best replacements, it’s the Southampton way don’t you know 🙂⚽️😢
Steve Cooper on 15:02 - Apr 28 with 623 viewsPatfromPoole

Steve Cooper on 14:57 - Apr 28 by InTimeAddedOn

I stand to be corrected on this if I am wrong but wasn’t it SR who decided as a result of their period of self reflection after relegation that the club was now going to adopt this supposedly exciting new direction of possession based football, as Peter Kay said about garlic bread, it’s the future.

If I am correct, if they do bin BBB (had enough of his press conferences so he’s been upgraded from the Brighton Buddha to the Bulls@@@ting Brighton Buddha) SR will only appoint like for like IF I am correct in recalling what was said after last season ended.

Totally agree re Cooper, what a breath of fresh air that would be.

Also agree if we don’t get him in there will be plenty of other takers. If Ipswich go up auto and Leeds blow the play offs I can see them taking him. If Forest fail to stay up I can see them taking him back as Nuno has been underwhelming. As usual we will either stick with BBB or miss out on the best replacements, it’s the Southampton way don’t you know 🙂⚽️😢

Yes, I think you are right about the “philosophy”.

BUT There may be a silver lining with Wilcox gone, as there is the small chance they will change their ways.

Have to say, they have gone to either extreme with Nathan Jones and Brighton Buddha.

Time for a more pragmatic approach based on the solid principles.

Login to get fewer ads

Steve Cooper on 15:25 - Apr 28 with 582 viewsInTimeAddedOn

Steve Cooper on 15:02 - Apr 28 by PatfromPoole

Yes, I think you are right about the “philosophy”.

BUT There may be a silver lining with Wilcox gone, as there is the small chance they will change their ways.

Have to say, they have gone to either extreme with Nathan Jones and Brighton Buddha.

Time for a more pragmatic approach based on the solid principles.

Very good point re Wilcox. Perhaps it might hinge on who replaces Wilcox. I just hope we stop trying to be Man City minus the billions and as you say go for a far more pragmatic approach by accepting the realism what we are and where we are.
Steve Cooper on 17:00 - Apr 28 with 453 viewsstmichael

Steve Cooper on 14:34 - Apr 28 by GRIM

Wouldn't disagree, Steve Cooper has a decent track record (more than you can say for RM).
I'd prefer Graham Potter but that ain't going to happen.
It's unlikely we'd go for anyone that's proven at working with clubs of our status. Just look at our last 3 choices of Manager.
Nathan Jones
Ruben Selles
Russell Martin..
The longer the season has gone on the more convinced I am that RM is just not the man to take us up.
He's lost the confidence of the fan base & it looks like he's lost the dressing room as well.
[Post edited 28 Apr 18:29]

Rueben Selles :)
A bigger disaster than Nathan Jones..

Poll: Do we bring back Bernard at the weekend or stick with Bree?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024