Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton At Cardiff City The Verdict 09:00 - Apr 22 with 684 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/62381/southampton-at-car

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton At Cardiff City The Verdict on 10:20 - Apr 22 with 554 viewsPatfromPoole

I agree with a lot of this, particularly re leaders.

We have never really replaced Oriol Romeu, I pin a lot of our downfall on him leaving 2 years ago and not being replaced.

These sorts of players aren't necessarily that expensive to buy, as they are often rather unsung.

Should definitely be a priority for the summer, as well as a striker who will put away simple chances. We should have scored over 100 goals this season already, somebody like Sczmodics would have had a field day playing for us this season.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Southampton At Cardiff City The Verdict on 11:00 - Apr 22 with 493 viewsfelly1

Southampton At Cardiff City The Verdict on 10:20 - Apr 22 by PatfromPoole

I agree with a lot of this, particularly re leaders.

We have never really replaced Oriol Romeu, I pin a lot of our downfall on him leaving 2 years ago and not being replaced.

These sorts of players aren't necessarily that expensive to buy, as they are often rather unsung.

Should definitely be a priority for the summer, as well as a striker who will put away simple chances. We should have scored over 100 goals this season already, somebody like Sczmodics would have had a field day playing for us this season.

Agreed.

Our strikers miss so many chances its sickening.
You can only imagine how many goals Rickie Lambert would have scored with the chances we created for the strikers.
Neither are bad players but I guess I see them as more second strikers.
Also instead of blowing 10 plus million on potential talent in Charles, we should of brought in an older experienced Cdm... Probably could have picked one up from a good championship club for a couple of million instead.
Southampton At Cardiff City The Verdict on 11:12 - Apr 22 with 476 viewsIfonly

I understand the point about leaders but I think it's a bit simplistic. Say we brought in a real leader would that help us? It depends how good a player they were. What would really help us though is if the whole squad developed some balls, some fight, some attitude.

Good teams win games they should lose. We do the opposite. A lot of that is down to mental attitude and spirit. Yes, a leader might help a little with that, but to really improve you have to get spirit throughout the squad.

Ultimately that comes down to the manager and coaches and how they work with the players, how they develop them, not just technically but as people too. Alex Ferguson was big on this and it showed in his teams. Ultimately a team will represent the personality of the manager.

As Nick rightly points out, this isn't the only issue. I didn't go to Cardiff but it sounds like it descended into the same shambles that I have seen in other games. That is down to the manager too. He is the one responsible for organising the side, not just the starting line up but after he's made changes too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024