Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Work to do 11:11 - Apr 28 with 2047 viewsderbyhoop

There is as there ought to be a lot of work to be done before August.
For me, we have to reduce the age of the side. Too many of the first team squad are in their 30s or approaching it. Even the main players are in their mid 20s. Only Armstrong, Larkeche, EDB, Kolli and Kelman are what I would call young.

11 players out of contract gives us a chance to update/refresh. And start building a quality squad that meets our supposed working model.

I havent got many suggestions, although Asgaard at Wigan has always caught the eye. Greg Spires has done some decent analysis and, I hope Andy Belk and his team have as well.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Work to do on 11:39 - Apr 28 with 1936 viewsessextaxiboy

Rotherams keeper and Jay Stansfield on loan would do for me
Work to do on 11:49 - Apr 28 with 1901 viewsxianwol

Rodoni....full of energy....Millar ditto
Work to do on 12:03 - Apr 28 with 1863 viewsdm97

Work to do on 11:49 - Apr 28 by xianwol

Rodoni....full of energy....Millar ditto

Wouldn’t mind Sorba Thomas either. Brilliant dead ball, would fit in well on right and can play RWB too. Can then rotate him and smyth with a consistent system and approach (and some final ball improvement)
Work to do on 12:27 - Apr 28 with 1797 viewsHoopstar

Would love Rudoni and Stansfield next season - probably a bit pricey though.

Haven't a clue who we'll sign. Hadn't heard of Lucas Andersen, Michi Frey or Joe Hodge really ahead of January. Not really paid enough attention to the wider world of football this year to know a great deal about lower league diamonds that we should be after but probably won't.

Should be another interesting summer with a busy transfer window, normally roll my eyes when we are signing most a new first team, but feeling much more confident we'll attract some good talent under the current management and coaching staff.
Work to do on 12:39 - Apr 28 with 1734 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Here it is folks…the first player link and the season isn’t over yet. Scottish Sun says we’re interested…so it must be true

Work to do on 14:30 - Apr 28 with 1554 viewsbaz_qpr

If Plymouth go down its their keeper Michael Cooper we want, statistically the best in the league
Work to do on 17:12 - Apr 28 with 1401 viewsHunterhoop

Rudoni and Sorba Thomas would be near the top the list for me.

Stansfield would be great, but doubt we can afford to buy him, and I’m not keen on going for him on loan. I want us to sign a forward or two on perms.
Work to do on 16:04 - May 6 with 1084 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Work to do on 08:51 - May 7 with 760 viewsLazyFan

Work to do on 12:03 - Apr 28 by dm97

Wouldn’t mind Sorba Thomas either. Brilliant dead ball, would fit in well on right and can play RWB too. Can then rotate him and smyth with a consistent system and approach (and some final ball improvement)

Sorba Thomas stats look amazing for a relegated team. But I noticed that the goals he's scored are all against teams in the bottom half, like Rotherham, for example.

Also, when he played against us, he looked decent against ... Drewe. Before I would have said yes, but I am in two minds about him now.

zzzzzzzzzz

Work to do on 08:57 - May 7 with 739 viewsdmm

Sorry, couldn't resist

Work to do on 09:05 - May 7 with 695 viewsEsox_Lucius

Or we could just enjoy the Summer in the knowledge that we appear to have some people INSIDE the club who know what they are doing and won't be trawling through the fan sites to make popular signings.
I really don't get the predilection for fans using imperatives when posting about transfers/ running the club etc. My perfect solution would be to have the coaching staff working hard to bring players up through the squads ready for next season as it would make the clubs finances a lot healthier, plus, I like a lot of our own young players and as long as we don't get promoted or relegated I will be more than happy. This season has been a real roller coaster and, for the most part, I have thoroughly enjoyed it. The home crowds have been fantastic, and supportive. The away crowds have been amazing; more of the same next season please.

The grass is always greener.

Work to do on 09:40 - May 7 with 618 viewsdmm

Work to do on 09:05 - May 7 by Esox_Lucius

Or we could just enjoy the Summer in the knowledge that we appear to have some people INSIDE the club who know what they are doing and won't be trawling through the fan sites to make popular signings.
I really don't get the predilection for fans using imperatives when posting about transfers/ running the club etc. My perfect solution would be to have the coaching staff working hard to bring players up through the squads ready for next season as it would make the clubs finances a lot healthier, plus, I like a lot of our own young players and as long as we don't get promoted or relegated I will be more than happy. This season has been a real roller coaster and, for the most part, I have thoroughly enjoyed it. The home crowds have been fantastic, and supportive. The away crowds have been amazing; more of the same next season please.

Regarding our youngsters, I thought it interesting that in Marti's end of season QPR family photo we see Kolli, Tala, Aoraha and Mahoney included.
Work to do on 09:52 - May 7 with 589 viewsNed_Kennedys

Work to do on 09:40 - May 7 by dmm

Regarding our youngsters, I thought it interesting that in Marti's end of season QPR family photo we see Kolli, Tala, Aoraha and Mahoney included.

None of the younger players (apart from Walsh) are ready yet: need to get more of them out on decent loans and the players need to take the opportunity to impress and get regular football whilst there. Walsh is an example of what can be done: did well out at Accrington and now a first team squad member. The three outfield players you mention all have promise but need experience playing proper football at a lower level first.
Work to do on 10:04 - May 7 with 558 viewsdmm

Work to do on 09:52 - May 7 by Ned_Kennedys

None of the younger players (apart from Walsh) are ready yet: need to get more of them out on decent loans and the players need to take the opportunity to impress and get regular football whilst there. Walsh is an example of what can be done: did well out at Accrington and now a first team squad member. The three outfield players you mention all have promise but need experience playing proper football at a lower level first.

Yes, I think you're right. If the club can arrange good loans for them next season, they'd all benefit. It's just nice to see Marti included them with that photo. Must give them a little boost.
Work to do on 10:15 - May 7 with 513 viewsAntti_Heinola

Work to do on 17:12 - Apr 28 by Hunterhoop

Rudoni and Sorba Thomas would be near the top the list for me.

Stansfield would be great, but doubt we can afford to buy him, and I’m not keen on going for him on loan. I want us to sign a forward or two on perms.

I think an issue we have is that we have three strikers. None are prolific enough. None really seem quite good enough.
But I also think we are not going to be signing one striker, certainly not two, if we can't offload at least one of them first. No way we're going to be paying 5 strikers for 1 poisition.

Bare bones.

Work to do on 10:25 - May 7 with 482 viewsEsox_Lucius

Work to do on 09:52 - May 7 by Ned_Kennedys

A lazy trope. You only have to look zt the 8zges if the kids playing in the EPL to know that is nonsense Walcott Rooney,Owen were all younger than our hopefuls but if they're good enough they are old enough.

It will be interesting to see what Marti and Xavi can do with our youngsters.

The grass is always greener.

Work to do on 10:32 - May 7 with 466 viewsCamberleyR

Work to do on 08:57 - May 7 by dmm

Sorry, couldn't resist

I actually prefer their cover to the Isleys' original.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Work to do on 11:48 - May 7 with 364 viewsDannyPaddox

That season was exhausting. I’m taking a month or more off worrying about the Rs. Like Esox I feel we’re in safe hands so I’ll just let the safe hands get on with it.

ps: Isley Brothers for me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024