Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could Swansea buy Rushworth? 17:37 - May 2 with 1743 viewsReslovenSwan1

Imagine you were a US owner of Swansea and worth a billion or two as were a couple of your mates on the board. Could Swansea make an offer for Rushworth. £8m cash.

https://www.sussexexpress.co.uk/sport/football/brighton-and-hove-albion/award-wi

Of course Swansea would have to sell Wood and pay him £10k for sustainability reasons as explained by Mr McGuire.

It seems to me Rushworth is as close as a "sure fire bet" in transfer terms you are going to get. Uncle Sam wants sure fire bets and has the cash.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 17:47 - May 2 with 1544 viewsSullutaCreturned

Apart from us being extremely unlikely to bid 8 million for any one player, how long is his contract, what are his wages and now much would Brighton actually want.

I think hes outside our price bracket.

Uncle Sam has the cash but they won't spend big on one player, not even a sure fire bet because the reality is, in football there are no sure fire bets. We could sign him and his form dros through the floor, he gets a long term injury or the manager changes and doesnt like him.
It's always a gamble.
Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 17:53 - May 2 with 1520 viewsWhiterockin

Rushworth is going to be in the England squad in the summer and in time a Premier League keeper. Why would he want to sign for us apart from a loan deal.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 18:10 - May 2 with 1476 viewsYrAlarch

No. In any event why would he want to come on a permanent deal when he is of premier League and future International quality.
Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 18:12 - May 2 with 1470 viewsKeithHaynes

Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 18:10 - May 2 by YrAlarch

No. In any event why would he want to come on a permanent deal when he is of premier League and future International quality.

I would imagine his price is way over ten million at a minimum.
My bet is he already has options.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 18:14 - May 2 with 1464 viewsSullutaCreturned

Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 18:12 - May 2 by KeithHaynes

I would imagine his price is way over ten million at a minimum.
My bet is he already has options.

Like possibly being Brightons first choice in another 12 months? A new contract, a big pay rise....
Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 18:21 - May 2 with 1454 viewsKeithHaynes

Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 18:14 - May 2 by SullutaCreturned

Like possibly being Brightons first choice in another 12 months? A new contract, a big pay rise....

That as well.
The Swans have developed another very decent loanee.

Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 19:59 - May 2 with 1377 viewsQJumpingJack

If Rushworth is ambitious I doubt he will we want to return to us. He will seen first hand the haphazard things which have been done this season off the field in terms of managerial appointments.

And if we did sign him as the original poster has suggested - where does that leave us with our losses?
Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 20:02 - May 2 with 1359 viewsonehunglow

Doom and gloom,negativity .
Jeeez.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 20:03 - May 2 with 1356 viewsWhiterockin

Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 19:59 - May 2 by QJumpingJack

If Rushworth is ambitious I doubt he will we want to return to us. He will seen first hand the haphazard things which have been done this season off the field in terms of managerial appointments.

And if we did sign him as the original poster has suggested - where does that leave us with our losses?

If he comes back on another loan it will be for one reason only Martyn Margetson.

Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 20:32 - May 2 with 1294 viewsswancity

Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 20:03 - May 2 by Whiterockin

If he comes back on another loan it will be for one reason only Martyn Margetson.

How do you work that out

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 20:37 - May 2 with 1285 viewsWhiterockin

Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 20:32 - May 2 by swancity

How do you work that out

Because he has progressed so much this season and possibly he feels he has more to learn. That's if Brighton feel he is not quite ready.

Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 20:52 - May 2 with 1265 viewsswancity

If he returns and it’s highly unlikely there’ll be a whole host of other more influential reasons than him enjoying the work of a goalkeeping coach that’s for sure. It’s almost an irrelevance in the scheme of things.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 20:59 - May 2 with 1243 viewsWhiterockin

Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 20:52 - May 2 by swancity

If he returns and it’s highly unlikely there’ll be a whole host of other more influential reasons than him enjoying the work of a goalkeeping coach that’s for sure. It’s almost an irrelevance in the scheme of things.

Personally I don't think it's an irrelevance to Rushworth, but you are entitled to your opinion.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/24295169.carl-rushworth-praises-swansea-city-lo

Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 21:40 - May 2 with 1171 viewsReslovenSwan1

Loans are for development purposes. He by his own admission could not in a better place. Brighton have forked out £16m for a Dutch keeper and have the current keeper as well.

So it is loan or sale. If it is a loan Swansea is good because as he says Swansea play the same way as Brighton.

Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 21:45 - May 2 with 1147 viewsKeithHaynes

Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 20:59 - May 2 by Whiterockin

Personally I don't think it's an irrelevance to Rushworth, but you are entitled to your opinion.

https://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/24295169.carl-rushworth-praises-swansea-city-lo

“That’s one of the most exciting things I am going to take away from this loan”

When I get a take away I don’t take it back. I think we know he is heading elsewhere.

Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 23:56 - May 2 with 1063 viewsmajorraglan

Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 20:03 - May 2 by Whiterockin

Indeed, Margetson being the England coach too will assist his development and prospects.
Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 06:23 - May 3 with 1001 viewsgrabsplatter

Given our financial situation it would be absolute madness to spend £8 million on a keeper.
Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 09:21 - May 3 with 918 viewsWhiterockin

Worth a read.

https://theathletic.com/5449208/2024/05/03/carl-rushworth-brighton-goalkeepers/

Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 13:09 - May 3 with 796 viewsReslovenSwan1

Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 06:23 - May 3 by grabsplatter

Given our financial situation it would be absolute madness to spend £8 million on a keeper.

It is time the Swansea s outstanding goalkeeper coach starts producing goalies for the club. Evan Watts is Wales u21 and looks the part a few brain f®rts aside. I do not know if Margetson rates him. Margetson did not seem to rate Benda for some reason although he looked athletic and brave preferring Woodman.

All that work paid for by the club and Brighton benefit. Broome has barely been seen.

I tried to explain the £8m is not madness for a " sure fire bet" . Rushworth is likely to be worth much more than that in 2 years. He will be third choice at Brighton

Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 14:17 - May 3 with 761 viewsKeithHaynes

Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 13:09 - May 3 by ReslovenSwan1

It is time the Swansea s outstanding goalkeeper coach starts producing goalies for the club. Evan Watts is Wales u21 and looks the part a few brain f®rts aside. I do not know if Margetson rates him. Margetson did not seem to rate Benda for some reason although he looked athletic and brave preferring Woodman.

All that work paid for by the club and Brighton benefit. Broome has barely been seen.

I tried to explain the £8m is not madness for a " sure fire bet" . Rushworth is likely to be worth much more than that in 2 years. He will be third choice at Brighton

If there was a young Welsh keeper out there, including English that fits the bill then we would have them. The issue is keepers are developing their very specific skills when in their teens. Rushworth is at the Swans currently because of Margetson.

Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 14:35 - May 3 with 750 viewssw02sea

Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 21:40 - May 2 by ReslovenSwan1

Loans are for development purposes. He by his own admission could not in a better place. Brighton have forked out £16m for a Dutch keeper and have the current keeper as well.

So it is loan or sale. If it is a loan Swansea is good because as he says Swansea play the same way as Brighton.

I love your idea, and indeed if I was a billionaire owner it would be a no brainier to risk £8m for a possible £30m return on your investment going forwards, on a future England keeper.
But can you imagine the chuckle brothers coughing up that sort of money?
There’s more chance of them actually watching a match live, of the team they actually own than risking their own cash.
Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 14:56 - May 3 with 734 viewsWhiterockin

Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 14:35 - May 3 by sw02sea

I love your idea, and indeed if I was a billionaire owner it would be a no brainier to risk £8m for a possible £30m return on your investment going forwards, on a future England keeper.
There’s more chance of them actually watching a match live, of the team they actually own than risking their own cash.

Plus if Brighton were to sell him there would be a massive sell on.

Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 16:00 - May 3 with 700 viewsReslovenSwan1

Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 14:35 - May 3 by sw02sea

They would need total faith in Watson. Recruitment is a mystery. When Scott came in he said they had to modernise the systems and leave a legacy. What happened when Scott left player he scouted turn up at Forest like Surridge and Keenan Davis.
Watson arrives and he says it was heath Robinson again. Do the recruitment people walk away with the data banks and systems. Huw had his recruitment fellow for years Ledbettef who kept a very low profile Huw took the credit or brickbats himself whether it be a free Gomis or Fat Franck.

Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 17:42 - May 3 with 655 viewsgrabsplatter

Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 13:09 - May 3 by ReslovenSwan1

Nobody is a sure fire bet, he could get injured or lose form.
Other clubs with better finances may be willing to fork out that for him but I wouldn't want us to. He's a decent keeper but not exceptional.
I do agree that we need to produce better though.
Could Swansea buy Rushworth? on 08:28 - May 4 with 506 viewsRichardO

Rushworth is what you expect a goal keeper to be, a good safe pair of hands, he gets himself into good positions to stop shots from distance and ones from close range and willing to come for the high ball as necessary, has he had made mistakes of course which are amplified given the amount of ball he is expected to channel through him, but all in all has been excellent for us.
Fisher does not get anywhere near his standard and seems to have one alarming fault he just does seem to have an eye for the ball seeming losing track of it in flight.
To be fair to Benda he did well when he came to replace Fisher and had developed well from when he first arrived but if he had been used earlier instead of Fisher he may still be here but he moved on to get more game time.
I don't want to see Fisher anywhere near our goals and would be more than happy to blood some youngsters instead even if they have a mistake or two in them, they can be worked on, I don't Fishers timing can improved unless there is a problem with his vision which could be rectified.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024