Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many winning league games next season for SFC ? 12:08 - Jun 9 with 7796 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Is it possible for your club to get to double figures, or is that rather unlikely?

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 22:15 - Jun 16 with 862 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 13:29 - Jun 15 by saintsfanbrock

A cup win does not a big team make nor does a lower league that essentially means you are not big enough to be in the top division.

Don’t think you understood my maths, took both teams positions over the last 20 years (I.e. 3rd in league one would be 47th place) added them all together and divided by twenty rather than your league average below which I imagine is over a longer time period.

‘Not big enough to be in the top division’ LOL

But I see that Palace, Fulham, Luton, Burnley, Brentford and Bournemouth are.

What an hilarious comment

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 09:55 - Jun 17 with 727 viewsSaintNick

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 22:15 - Jun 16 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

My ambition is to get this thread from the at time of writing 4,394 page views to 5,272, which was your lowest league attendance in 1995, the next target will be 8,269, your average attendance that same year in the second tier of league football.

Fratton Park held 49,000 till the late 1970's and still held 36,000 in 1984 when we visited in the FA Cup.

Yet the last time you had an attendance over 30,000 was 1977, a look back in time shows a City that deserted it's team back in the 1960's and has never filled it's ground since

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 10:53 - Jun 17 with 711 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 09:55 - Jun 17 by SaintNick

My ambition is to get this thread from the at time of writing 4,394 page views to 5,272, which was your lowest league attendance in 1995, the next target will be 8,269, your average attendance that same year in the second tier of league football.

Fratton Park held 49,000 till the late 1970's and still held 36,000 in 1984 when we visited in the FA Cup.

Yet the last time you had an attendance over 30,000 was 1977, a look back in time shows a City that deserted it's team back in the 1960's and has never filled it's ground since

So, we haven’t had a 30k + attendance since 1977, yet we had a 36k one in 1984.LOL

Ok Nick, it all sounds very simplistic from your end. Were you on the beer at the weekend?

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 11:05 - Jun 17 with 708 viewsSaintNick

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 10:53 - Jun 17 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

So, we haven’t had a 30k + attendance since 1977, yet we had a 36k one in 1984.LOL

Ok Nick, it all sounds very simplistic from your end. Were you on the beer at the weekend?

I meant League attendance

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 12:15 - Jun 17 with 679 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 11:05 - Jun 17 by SaintNick

I meant League attendance

Your club hadn’t had a 30k league attendance since 1974 until you had a nice new shiny stadium.

Yet you had all those years in the top flight. What was your excuse?

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 13:05 - Jun 17 with 661 viewsSaintNick

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 12:15 - Jun 17 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Your club hadn’t had a 30k league attendance since 1974 until you had a nice new shiny stadium.

Yet you had all those years in the top flight. What was your excuse?

The ground capacity was below 30,000, its simple maths

The crux of the matter is that we don't round proclaiming ourselves to be the best supporters in the world, whilst posting average home attendances below half our capacity

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 14:18 - Jun 17 with 634 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 13:05 - Jun 17 by SaintNick

The ground capacity was below 30,000, its simple maths

The crux of the matter is that we don't round proclaiming ourselves to be the best supporters in the world, whilst posting average home attendances below half our capacity

You had a 30k stadium until 1978, so no need for your excuses.

Not sure that Pompey fans say that they are great, but you will find them in lists of fans who make a bit of noise. You will hardly find a list with your club in them. That is just FACT
[Post edited 17 Jun 14:20]

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 15:02 - Jun 17 with 613 viewsSaintNick

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 14:18 - Jun 17 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Not sure that Pompey fans say that they are great, but you will find them in lists of fans who make a bit of noise. You will hardly find a list with your club in them. That is just FACT

You are our stadium held 30,000 until 1978 when it reduced to 24,500, around 1987 it went down further to around 20,000 and then in 1994 to 15,000.

Come on lets be honest, Pompey fans are always telling everyone how great they are lol

In truth you wont find Pompey fans in many lists either, you will get it from time to time when fans say how noisy they are,, but lets be blunt all clubs have a hardcore who make a bit of noise

Login to get fewer ads

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 15:52 - Jun 17 with 573 viewssaintsfanbrock

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 22:15 - Jun 16 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

I think once again I am going to have to explain myself as you are struggling to comprehend things (I forget that the first language of most Pompey fans is chav rather than English)! I said that winning a lower division league doesn’t indicate that a team is a big team, as all it means is that you aren’t good enough to be in the top division.
How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 16:11 - Jun 17 with 568 viewsdjsaint

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 14:18 - Jun 17 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

So prior to our new stadium, you say the last 30k+ crowd was 1974.

You also say we had 30k+ stadium until 1978.

So then 1975, 1976 & 1977 were the only other year’s possible (after 1974) to have a 30k+ crowd.

Nottarf Krap had a 30k+ capacity until 1986.

But between 1969 & 1986 the blue few only had a league crowd 30k+ in 1977.

FACT!

Poll: Season ticket sales looking good. How many will we sell?

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 16:27 - Jun 17 with 566 viewsdjsaint

Last time Saints had an average league gate below 10k was 1935 (89 years ago).

The blue few have had 8 such seasons since 1973 with the most recent being 1997 (only 27 years ago).

The blue few indeed!

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 15:21 - Jun 18 with 445 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 15:52 - Jun 17 by saintsfanbrock

I think once again I am going to have to explain myself as you are struggling to comprehend things (I forget that the first language of most Pompey fans is chav rather than English)! I said that winning a lower division league doesn’t indicate that a team is a big team, as all it means is that you aren’t good enough to be in the top division.

You have a very superior attitude for someone who can’t grasp simple things.

If you win a lower league title, it can mean your club is in the top league ie Pompey in 2003. In fact you don’t have to win the league to get into the top league ie SFC this year.

Although we have been off the pace for a while, we have still won a major cup this century, unlike your club. This is a FACT.

This century we are in the top ten for major trophies won. We are in the top twenty for all time major trophies won. Your club don’t register this century, but do sit around 35th in the all time list. These are FACTS.

You can call your team if you want to, but it really doesn’t change anything.

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 15:24 - Jun 18 with 442 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 16:11 - Jun 17 by djsaint

So prior to our new stadium, you say the last 30k+ crowd was 1974.

You also say we had 30k+ stadium until 1978.

So then 1975, 1976 & 1977 were the only other year’s possible (after 1974) to have a 30k+ crowd.

Nottarf Krap had a 30k+ capacity until 1986.

But between 1969 & 1986 the blue few only had a league crowd 30k+ in 1977.

FACT!

Well, it’s almost certainly not a fact. We had 28k + and 29k + crowds in the late eighties but due to our owners miscounting crowds for tax reasons, they are registered as sub 30k crowds.

Ie a lot of your fans do think that the 84 game at Fratton had more than 36k in attendance.

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 15:27 - Jun 18 with 442 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 10:44 - Jun 13 by 1teeminants

Might be bollocks to you but it’s true and it hurts doesn’t it ?

You are the worst team on the south coast and have been for long periods of my lifetime.

These are all facts my friend.

I think Exeter and Torquay are worse teams don’t you?

Maybe Plymouth are a worse team, we will soon find out.

Who will be the worse south coast PL team? Are you going to win that crown?

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 15:47 - Jun 18 with 429 viewsdjsaint

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 15:24 - Jun 18 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Well, it’s almost certainly not a fact. We had 28k + and 29k + crowds in the late eighties but due to our owners miscounting crowds for tax reasons, they are registered as sub 30k crowds.

Ie a lot of your fans do think that the 84 game at Fratton had more than 36k in attendance.

You’re happy to state the recorded figures/facts when it suits but when it doesn’t you then default to rumours and portsmyth’s!
Basically your excuse is “we fiddled the figures, cheated the taxman and general taxpayers”.

At least you’re consistent

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 16:21 - Jun 18 with 403 viewsButty101

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 15:47 - Jun 18 by djsaint

You’re happy to state the recorded figures/facts when it suits but when it doesn’t you then default to rumours and portsmyth’s!
Basically your excuse is “we fiddled the figures, cheated the taxman and general taxpayers”.

Ah the old portsmyth that they lowered their attendance figures for tx reasons....

I wonder if the tax man ever got suspicious that pompey claimed there was less than 9k in the stadium when really there was 30k ......

https://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/league/porm.htm

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 16:50 - Jun 18 with 398 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 15:47 - Jun 18 by djsaint

Lots of these attendance figures are over and underestimated.

I have shown real examples on this site of your club counting non attending STHs as part of the crowd. Your club were one of the worst offenders ie 4000 and 5000 up on the real attendance. I might get the reference later as I know you lot love attendances.

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 16:54 - Jun 18 with 395 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

https://www.givemesport.com/premier-league-clubs-ranked-by-how-many-emoty-seats-

Top of the league. Enjoy the status. Just one example.

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 17:27 - Jun 18 with 377 viewsdjsaint

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 16:54 - Jun 18 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

https://www.givemesport.com/premier-league-clubs-ranked-by-how-many-emoty-seats-

Top of the league. Enjoy the status. Just one example.

F*ck me you’re desperate!

You can’t win on documented average league gates so you flip to imaginary attendance figures and now flip again to number of empty seats.

I would say stop embarrassing yourself, but no carry on it’s just so hilariously enjoyable!

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 19:47 - Jun 18 with 337 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 17:27 - Jun 18 by djsaint

F*ck me you’re desperate!

You can’t win on documented average league gates so you flip to imaginary attendance figures and now flip again to number of empty seats.

I would say stop embarrassing yourself, but no carry on it’s just so hilariously enjoyable!

17% down on average against your official recorded gate. It’s all rather funny.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/5858319/manchester-city-average-attendance-etihad

I wonder how much the 17% figure has slipped since those figures, and how many more sub 25k attendances you are having, especially when they are being counted as 28/29k. Hilarious stuff.
[Post edited 18 Jun 19:48]

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 19:53 - Jun 18 with 333 viewscocklebreath

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 16:50 - Jun 18 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Lots of these attendance figures are over and underestimated.

I have shown real examples on this site of your club counting non attending STHs as part of the crowd. Your club were one of the worst offenders ie 4000 and 5000 up on the real attendance. I might get the reference later as I know you lot love attendances.

This was proved to be utter Bollox, I was at the said games and there wasn’t a spare seat in the ground, I’m not sure where the police got the figures but it was not true.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 21:28 - Jun 18 with 318 viewsdjsaint

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 19:47 - Jun 18 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/5858319/manchester-city-average-attendance-etihad

I wonder how much the 17% figure has slipped since those figures, and how many more sub 25k attendances you are having, especially when they are being counted as 28/29k. Hilarious stuff.

2017/18 season was yet another year leagues above the blue few, thousands more in attendance enjoying Premier League football, building on the gulf in facilities/infrastructure between us!

This coming season more of the same. Yep, hilarious 😆

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:31 - Jun 19 with 234 viewssaintsfanbrock

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 15:21 - Jun 18 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

You have a very superior attitude for someone who can’t grasp simple things.

If you win a lower league title, it can mean your club is in the top league ie Pompey in 2003. In fact you don’t have to win the league to get into the top league ie SFC this year.

Although we have been off the pace for a while, we have still won a major cup this century, unlike your club. This is a FACT.

This century we are in the top ten for major trophies won. We are in the top twenty for all time major trophies won. Your club don’t register this century, but do sit around 35th in the all time list. These are FACTS.

You can call your team if you want to, but it really doesn’t change anything.

[Post edited 19 Jun 8:39]
How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 08:36 - Jun 19 with 232 viewssaintsfanbrock

How many winning league games next season for SFC ? on 19:47 - Jun 18 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Serious question 130, are you ok? I know we all have a bit of a debate and all but i am genuinely concerned, life is very short and we come on here to talk about saints as we love saints but you just come on here to presumably get a reaction so seem to need something to fill your life up. Do you have people in your life? This just seems to be the actions of someone who is quite starved of human interaction and as much as you annoy some of us on here, there are services if you need help.
(No subject) (n/t) on 10:22 - Jun 19 with 216 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:31 - Jun 19 by saintsfanbrock

[Post edited 19 Jun 8:39]

Looks like Saintsbrock hasn’t got anything to say, and has lost the argument : but is now trying out some pyschobabble to hide his loss.

Such sportsmanship.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024