Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Armando Broja 23:41 - Jun 10 with 759 viewsSaintNick

Seems he is linked with a reunion with Ralph Hasenhuttl at Wolfsburg, but on high wages at Chelsea and still with 4 years left on his contract its likely to be only a loan.

Interesting to note that as he approaches 23 he still only has 66 Premier League games and 16 goals to his name, 32 of those games were for Saints

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Armando Broja on 09:01 - Jun 11 with 662 viewsPatfromPoole

And yet I thought Hassenhutl was exasperated with him as he downed tools in March of that season 🤷‍♀️

Strange old world.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Armando Broja on 09:12 - Jun 11 with 654 viewsSaintNick

Armando Broja on 09:01 - Jun 11 by PatfromPoole

And yet I thought Hassenhutl was exasperated with him as he downed tools in March of that season 🤷‍♀️

Strange old world.

It could just be the media putting two and two together as Broja has worked with Hassenhuttl or it could just be that Hassenhuttl thinks he has changed and needs to drop down to a league where he won't be playing top defences week in week out

Armando Broja on 15:15 - Jun 11 with 568 viewsTimSaint

'Interesting to note that as he approaches 23 he still only has 66 Premier League games and 16 goals to his name, 32 of those games were for Saints'.

We all know you are quick to put Broja down, but some context please. Perhaps remember that before he joined us, he had a successful season on loan at Vitesse Arnham (10 goals in 30 games). After he left us to return to Chelsea, he then did his ACL, so was out for the best part of a year. So that is basically 2 years that he didn't play in the Prem.

It is plain to see that he hasn't been great since he left us, but at least paint the proper picture before totally slating him and remember your mate Mara is still not up to 6 league goals yet and Broja left 2 seasons ago !! :-)

TimSaint

Armando Broja on 16:10 - Jun 11 with 543 viewsSaintNick

Armando Broja on 15:15 - Jun 11 by TimSaint

'Interesting to note that as he approaches 23 he still only has 66 Premier League games and 16 goals to his name, 32 of those games were for Saints'.

We all know you are quick to put Broja down, but some context please. Perhaps remember that before he joined us, he had a successful season on loan at Vitesse Arnham (10 goals in 30 games). After he left us to return to Chelsea, he then did his ACL, so was out for the best part of a year. So that is basically 2 years that he didn't play in the Prem.

It is plain to see that he hasn't been great since he left us, but at least paint the proper picture before totally slating him and remember your mate Mara is still not up to 6 league goals yet and Broja left 2 seasons ago !! :-)

Mara is not my mate, I just feel some sympathy for him, in that he has tried his best for the club and get slagged off with all the old cliches, whilst Broja showed no sort of fondness for the club in any way shape or form and couldnt be bothered playing in the final game of the season, yet is held up as some sort of Southampton legend.

Yes a successful season at Vitesse, 10 goals but as he approaches 23, he has spent his career chasing money not glory, prefers to stay at Chelsea and earn big money but rarely play and when he goes to us or Fulham does very little

Adam Lallana who gave us 7 good seasons and stayed loyal when we went into League one is berated and sneered at now because he wanted to play for a big club, Ok it wasn't the best way to leave, but no one could not accuse him of not giving us good service.

Yet Broja is some sort of cult hero for scoring just 6 goals, Che Adams got 7 that season no one saw that as a good return

This post has been edited by an administrator

Armando Broja on 17:15 - Jun 11 with 505 viewsPatfromPoole

Armando Broja on 16:10 - Jun 11 by SaintNick

Mara is not my mate, I just feel some sympathy for him, in that he has tried his best for the club and get slagged off with all the old cliches, whilst Broja showed no sort of fondness for the club in any way shape or form and couldnt be bothered playing in the final game of the season, yet is held up as some sort of Southampton legend.

Yes a successful season at Vitesse, 10 goals but as he approaches 23, he has spent his career chasing money not glory, prefers to stay at Chelsea and earn big money but rarely play and when he goes to us or Fulham does very little

Adam Lallana who gave us 7 good seasons and stayed loyal when we went into League one is berated and sneered at now because he wanted to play for a big club, Ok it wasn't the best way to leave, but no one could not accuse him of not giving us good service.

Yet Broja is some sort of cult hero for scoring just 6 goals, Che Adams got 7 that season no one saw that as a good return

If Mara has tried his best, then:-

1. Lordy Lordy, I would hate to see him if he was taking it easy

2. Bordeaux must have been beside themselves with glee at the fee we paid them

Broja isn't a cult hero.

He is just better than anybody else we have had either during his time at the club or since.

If he was really just chasing the money, I would suggest he wouldn't have had loan spells at Vitesse Arnhem, Saints or Fulham, and he would have just stayed at Chelsea.

I note that Cup goals still do not count, even if they included an utterly brilliant goal against a strong West Ham team.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Armando Broja on 19:14 - Jun 11 with 444 viewsButty101

Armando Broja on 16:10 - Jun 11 by SaintNick

You can’t really believe the crap you type.

I think I’m going to compile a top 5 Nickisms

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Armando Broja on 13:10 - Jun 12 with 306 viewsGRIM

The rumours linking us to Broja are getting stronger but just hope we don't do it.
He'd cost a lot of money & he's totally unproven.
Has a history of injuries, we've already got one of them (Ross Stewart).
I'm sure that there are better players with better attitudes than Broja that we could go for.
I'm not sure he's any better than the players we already have, Che Adams has a better record in Premier lge than Broja.
We need an upgrade on Che Adams & Adam Armstrong & that is definitely not Broja.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024