Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At least we won't have to tolerate Shearer tonight. 13:17 - Jun 25 with 738 viewsGRIM

I'm looking forward to watching our boys tonight & the bonus is that it's on ITV so we won't have to tolerate Shearer talking incessantly over the match.
He is so annoying, I actually muted the sound when watching the Denmark match.
He thinks he's the only person that ever played football, I personally am not interested in his opinion.
That's why I never watch or listen to pre- match & post match panel opinions.
Just think how much BBC could save if they did away with the panel & their very biased opinions.
Perhaps save enough to reduce the cost of the TV Licence.
At least we won't have to tolerate Shearer tonight. on 13:29 - Jun 25 with 709 views1885_SFC

Throw in the equally annoying Lineker and I'm with you. I only start watching all the games when the teams come out onto the pitch. By HT and before the giggly bellend Micah Richards starts his analysis, I'm off to make a cuppa or have a dump.

I like Mark Chapman and that's about it as far as the BBC are concerned..

Old School is Cool

At least we won't have to tolerate Shearer tonight. on 13:38 - Jun 25 with 690 viewsWints76

I like Shearer. And Lineker. Not Micah Richards though. Just be quiet for an minute ffs.

Keane is always good value as well. I read earlier than Danny Rohl has apparently left the coverage now to prepare for the season with Sheff Weds. Rooney is carrying on, which hasn't gone down well with my Argyle relatives.
At least we won't have to tolerate Shearer tonight. on 15:01 - Jun 25 with 630 viewsLondonSaint76

Grim - re Shearer and the Denmark game, check out if you can get the old school Teletext style Red Button / Digital text service through the red button. If you can when the England games are on the BBC they often [but not always] offer a facility through the red button that gives you the option to watch the game and have the Radio 5 Live commentary instead of the BBC 1 commentary. It comes up on the Teletext landing page / home page menu and when you select it the options are then via the blue button. Not sure if you have a new all singing and dancing ultra smart TV if that option still exists but on my 6 y/o Samsung it does and offers me a Shearer-free watching experience for those who find him irritating 😀⚽️ That may or may not help you depending how new your telly is….
[Post edited 25 Jun 16:20]

Poll: How will we get on against Leicester City?

At least we won't have to tolerate Shearer tonight. on 17:06 - Jun 25 with 535 viewsA1079

Funny about the BBC coverage as I was half tempted to be one of those annoying licence payers who puts in a Freedom of Information request to ask how much is it costing to provide commentary and punditry for the tournament to the BBC and thus licence payer.

The reason for my slight irritation is, why do the, BBC have to base themselves in Berlin in front or behind the Reichstadt and provide pre, half time and post match analysis from Berlin when they could do it just as well in front of a screen in the UK? I can understand having commentators and analysis actually at the stadium in which the match is taking place but being in Berlin to watch it on a screen is no different for a pundit than watching it on a screen in the UK. I assume they will all have been paid for accommodation, meals, drinks etc. I know ITV are doing it as well but they are commercially supported.
At least we won't have to tolerate Shearer tonight. on 18:14 - Jun 25 with 477 viewsGRIM

At least we won't have to tolerate Shearer tonight. on 15:01 - Jun 25 by LondonSaint76

Grim - re Shearer and the Denmark game, check out if you can get the old school Teletext style Red Button / Digital text service through the red button. If you can when the England games are on the BBC they often [but not always] offer a facility through the red button that gives you the option to watch the game and have the Radio 5 Live commentary instead of the BBC 1 commentary. It comes up on the Teletext landing page / home page menu and when you select it the options are then via the blue button. Not sure if you have a new all singing and dancing ultra smart TV if that option still exists but on my 6 y/o Samsung it does and offers me a Shearer-free watching experience for those who find him irritating 😀⚽️ That may or may not help you depending how new your telly is….
[Post edited 25 Jun 16:20]

Thanks Londonsaint76.
I do have an all singing all dancing Sansung Smart TV so if I'm confronted with having to suffer Shearer commentating again I'll give it a try.
Did try it a few times for Saints games last season but the sound & picture aren't sync'd so there's a slight delay.
Or I might just have a few beers & pretend it's not Shearer.
At least we won't have to tolerate Shearer tonight. on 20:54 - Jun 25 with 385 viewsHeisenberg

Good to see Karen Carney offering her expert opinion.

On the playing side England are shite. Southgate is a terrible manager.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

At least we won't have to tolerate Shearer tonight. on 08:30 - Jun 26 with 237 viewssledger

a load of good individual players managed by a w+nker
At least we won't have to tolerate Shearer tonight. on 18:00 - Jun 26 with 139 viewsGRIM

At least we won't have to tolerate Shearer tonight. on 08:30 - Jun 26 by sledger

a load of good individual players managed by a w+nker

I'm sure Gareth Southgate is a decent guy but he's a very uninspiring Coach / Manager .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024