Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Need to start again 17:09 - Jan 21 with 2438 viewsPassmondsBlue

What Dale need now is

1, A new manager that can rule the club, just like Hill did or Coleman could do.

2, New players who will play with pride and show some willingness to be part of the team, just like we had for the last 5 years

3, The fans to get behind the team/club, but this starts with No.1 fan CD putting in to action points 1 and 2

If we continue like this we will become the next Stockport, Plymouth or Darlington etc.

Poll: Do yoy think sweetcorn is an idiot

Need to start again on 17:20 - Jan 21 with 2391 viewscaledalia

Agee that we need to start again as it will be very difficult to stay up now even if Coleman comes on Monday.

Eyre and Beech are now history but not all is lost.Clearly there is a lot to do but the rest of the season can be used productively under the right man.

We probably need to plan for League 2 and getting used to the fact that we can not be a permanent ficture in this division.If we can consolidate a core squad and use the finances properly there is no reason why we should fall out of the League.

However if we are going down lets do it with a bit of guts, style and entertainment.
Need to start again on 17:29 - Jan 21 with 2333 viewsD_Alien

If Coleman can drag the players into believing they can win games, it's amazing what a difference two wins on the trot would make to Dale's league position and therefore chances of surviving to fight another season in L1

I refuse to accept that man for man, the Dale squad is among the worst four in the division, and if just a couple of battling spirits can be brought in - on contract - before the window shuts, we've got at least a fighting chance

Under those circumstances, and handled correctly, even Jonah could return to the form which saw him bring such a smile to all our faces last season

That's what we need now, just something to give us reason to smile again and start enjoying our trips to Spotland
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Need to start again on 19:17 - Jan 21 with 2206 viewsShun

Agreed. I posted the same on Facebook. There is no way we have the worst squad of players in the league, yet some inept management has turned us into the worst team in the league (well, near enough). I truly believe that a good manager who gets the players believing and playing for each other as well as the club could turn us around and maybe, just maybe, drag us out of this mess. I honestly can't think of a better available candidate to do that than Coleman. He's just what we need.
Need to start again on 19:26 - Jan 21 with 2167 viewsdalenumber2

Need to start again on 17:29 - Jan 21 by D_Alien

If Coleman can drag the players into believing they can win games, it's amazing what a difference two wins on the trot would make to Dale's league position and therefore chances of surviving to fight another season in L1

I refuse to accept that man for man, the Dale squad is among the worst four in the division, and if just a couple of battling spirits can be brought in - on contract - before the window shuts, we've got at least a fighting chance

Under those circumstances, and handled correctly, even Jonah could return to the form which saw him bring such a smile to all our faces last season

That's what we need now, just something to give us reason to smile again and start enjoying our trips to Spotland

I agree with you D_Alien - its strong management we need. I keep saying that I think we have the makings of a team who could compete in this division. I can't understand why the likes of Tutte, Adams, Grimes etc aren't shining. Like you imply, no-one is bringing the best out of them at the moment.
With the right manager we could be in for an entertaining second half of the season where we are battling positively for our league 1 status. It would make the regular visits to Spotland much more appealing.
Need to start again on 19:34 - Jan 21 with 2141 viewsShun

You're right. Grimes, Tutte, Adams, Kennedy. Those 4 at least are all good League One players, easily. A good manager would turn this team into a winning one.
Need to start again on 19:53 - Jan 21 with 2090 views49thseason

Need to start again on 17:29 - Jan 21 by D_Alien

We haven't won in nine games now. I don't see how Coleman or anyone else is going to turn this around. Its time to accept the inevitable and start re-building. We simply do not have the players to make a fight of it they are all either too old, too young or too small.
We have 5 games Vs top 6 clubs to play so effectively 13 games to get 29 points that's 2.2 points per game . Eyre managed 0.85, Beech 0.5

Play the kids, play contracted players in their best positions and spend the next 19 games sorting the wheat from the chaff. Would Edwards have done any worse than Kurcz? Lets give him(Edwards) the rest of the season and see what he's made of.Get Tutte and Grimes in the side and start to work on a formula that doesn't include Jones.

Need to start again on 20:05 - Jan 21 with 2056 views442Dale

Need to start again on 19:53 - Jan 21 by 49thseason

We haven't won in nine games now. I don't see how Coleman or anyone else is going to turn this around. Its time to accept the inevitable and start re-building. We simply do not have the players to make a fight of it they are all either too old, too young or too small.
We have 5 games Vs top 6 clubs to play so effectively 13 games to get 29 points that's 2.2 points per game . Eyre managed 0.85, Beech 0.5

Play the kids, play contracted players in their best positions and spend the next 19 games sorting the wheat from the chaff. Would Edwards have done any worse than Kurcz? Lets give him(Edwards) the rest of the season and see what he's made of.Get Tutte and Grimes in the side and start to work on a formula that doesn't include Jones.

Can't disagree with most of that. The loanees have ended up contributing little, again. The first goal today sounds a lot like Hartlepool's first, Kurucz in no man's land. Ormerod and Bogdanovic have been the right players, wrong time and despite the latter's start, he's contributed little since.

We still need a striker and winger but with what we have, we can at least put a side out that can compete. Edwards/Lucas in goal, give Byrne a go alongside KA, Tutte and Kennedy central midfield, JLAA and Grimes up top. Just some effort and a desire to prove something would see that spine of the side doing much more than we're witnessing currently.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Need to start again on 20:20 - Jan 21 with 2020 viewsbuckbyname

Need to start again on 20:05 - Jan 21 by 442Dale

Can't disagree with most of that. The loanees have ended up contributing little, again. The first goal today sounds a lot like Hartlepool's first, Kurucz in no man's land. Ormerod and Bogdanovic have been the right players, wrong time and despite the latter's start, he's contributed little since.

We still need a striker and winger but with what we have, we can at least put a side out that can compete. Edwards/Lucas in goal, give Byrne a go alongside KA, Tutte and Kennedy central midfield, JLAA and Grimes up top. Just some effort and a desire to prove something would see that spine of the side doing much more than we're witnessing currently.

I cannot disagree with most of what has been said but if you want effort and desire up front Grimes is not the man. Of all the new signings he is the most disappointing. Not because he lacks talent but he has no heart and no desire. A passenger!
Login to get fewer ads

Need to start again on 20:29 - Jan 21 with 1997 views49thseason

Need to start again on 20:20 - Jan 21 by buckbyname

I cannot disagree with most of what has been said but if you want effort and desire up front Grimes is not the man. Of all the new signings he is the most disappointing. Not because he lacks talent but he has no heart and no desire. A passenger!

He is a natural predator and needs the football played into space alongside the defenders not dropping in from 2 miles up. he continually finds space but the rest of the team can't get the ball to where he wants it. With the right provider (Tutte?) he will score - its all about the service he gets.(oh and someone to give him some confidence).
Need to start again on 20:29 - Jan 21 with 1996 views442Dale

Possibly, and although he should have reacted better, he has been utilised very badly all season long.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Need to start again on 20:43 - Jan 21 with 1966 viewsBrierls

Grimes started off well, and many were (prematurely) touting him as our next big money sale. His body language and workrate were exactly the same during his goalscoring spell, but not many cared because he was banging them in. As soon as the goals stopped, people started to pick holes in his game, and the criticisms surfaced.

There have been several players whose workrate and general impact on the game have been poor for large parts of the season so far, but Grimes has copped for most of the grief. He's spent an extended spell on the bench, unlike others, and as far as I can see has shown willing when he's come on as a sub. I actually thought he put in more effort than Bogdanovic and Ormerod combined when he came on against Hartlepool.

I didn't disagree with the decision to drop Grimes, but I do think he deserves another run in the team. Those being picked ahead of him aren't exactly setting the world alight with their goalscoring or undying commitment to the cause!
Need to start again on 20:49 - Jan 21 with 1953 views49thseason

Need to start again on 20:43 - Jan 21 by Brierls

Grimes started off well, and many were (prematurely) touting him as our next big money sale. His body language and workrate were exactly the same during his goalscoring spell, but not many cared because he was banging them in. As soon as the goals stopped, people started to pick holes in his game, and the criticisms surfaced.

There have been several players whose workrate and general impact on the game have been poor for large parts of the season so far, but Grimes has copped for most of the grief. He's spent an extended spell on the bench, unlike others, and as far as I can see has shown willing when he's come on as a sub. I actually thought he put in more effort than Bogdanovic and Ormerod combined when he came on against Hartlepool.

I didn't disagree with the decision to drop Grimes, but I do think he deserves another run in the team. Those being picked ahead of him aren't exactly setting the world alight with their goalscoring or undying commitment to the cause!

Grimes needs the ball in and around the penalty area - so do Boggy and Ormerod. The trouble is we cant seem to get the ball to them . We have played without real width all season and dont seem to have a midfielder capable of threading a decent pass. The lad must feel sick every time he reads the team sheet.
Need to start again on 22:59 - Jan 21 with 1886 viewsRalphs12

Need to start again on 20:49 - Jan 21 by 49thseason

Grimes needs the ball in and around the penalty area - so do Boggy and Ormerod. The trouble is we cant seem to get the ball to them . We have played without real width all season and dont seem to have a midfielder capable of threading a decent pass. The lad must feel sick every time he reads the team sheet.

We do have midfielders capable of such passing - Sat next to him on the bench sadly.
Need to start again on 00:09 - Jan 22 with 1807 viewsD_Alien

Need to start again on 19:53 - Jan 21 by 49thseason

Accept the inevitable?

Only when it's mathematically impossible for us to survive the drop will I (or Coleman, if he's the man we believe him to be) accept any damn such thing!

Accepting anything less than that we can survive will mean demoralising the entire club. Grow some balls. We fight on. If we go down, it'll be fighting every damn inch of the way under Coleman

I 'll never accept anything less.

Need to start again on 00:11 - Jan 22 with 1798 viewsSaxonDale

Need to start again on 00:09 - Jan 22 by D_Alien

Accept the inevitable?

Only when it's mathematically impossible for us to survive the drop will I (or Coleman, if he's the man we believe him to be) accept any damn such thing!

Accepting anything less than that we can survive will mean demoralising the entire club. Grow some balls. We fight on. If we go down, it'll be fighting every damn inch of the way under Coleman

I 'll never accept anything less.

D_Alien for assistant manager!
Need to start again on 00:30 - Jan 22 with 1775 viewsD_Alien

Need to start again on 00:11 - Jan 22 by SaxonDale

D_Alien for assistant manager!

Are you trying to get yourself assassinated?? !!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024