Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New permenant signing 16:19 - Jan 29 with 9432 viewsjoneill

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11765/7464326/Dale-in-bid-for-Gornell

dunphy mentioned it this afternoon at the q and a session he said we had bidded for a striker who scored yday and was not in our league this shows he was right
New permenant signing on 11:19 - Jan 30 with 2042 views1907

Be interesting to how Coleman thinks he would fit in and who he would replace
New permenant signing on 11:35 - Jan 30 with 1987 viewsD_Alien

New permenant signing on 11:19 - Jan 30 by 1907

Wouldn't be replacing any of our contracted players

Bog's gone and Ormerod will be, that'll leave JLAA as our lone target man. He played brilliantly against bury - including winning most of the aerial battles - but if he picked up an injury we'd be woefully short up front

We need to have someone else on our books, and under contract would be the better option in the relegation dogfight
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New permenant signing on 11:41 - Jan 30 with 1957 viewsSaxonDale

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=

For anyone interested here are some of the Shrewsbury fans views on the offer, the player and Rkershaw's song for him!
New permenant signing on 12:03 - Jan 30 with 1890 viewselectricblue

Mmmmmmm, just been reading on their MB and it mentions £100k i certainly hope not.
A
More £20k in my eyes, theres better players to give £100k(+another 50k) for infact that would be Bogs wages for the next couple of years...

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

New permenant signing on 12:12 - Jan 30 with 1864 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

New permenant signing on 12:03 - Jan 30 by electricblue

Mmmmmmm, just been reading on their MB and it mentions £100k i certainly hope not.
A
More £20k in my eyes, theres better players to give £100k(+another 50k) for infact that would be Bogs wages for the next couple of years...

who says we'd pay Bogda his full wage when he couldnt even make Blackpool's 1st string he'd probably settle for lesser and get 1st string action in League One

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

New permenant signing on 12:12 - Jan 30 with 1861 viewsTomRAFC

New permenant signing on 12:03 - Jan 30 by electricblue

A

i am happy to let jc do what he thinks needs to be done

its obvious the shres fans believe he could do the job at a higher level and he sounds like the sort of player we need plus jc knows his attitude

would love to see him come

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

New permenant signing on 12:20 - Jan 30 with 1828 viewsSuddenLad

New permenant signing on 12:12 - Jan 30 by DaleAwaydayBot

who says we'd pay Bogda his full wage when he couldnt even make Blackpool's 1st string he'd probably settle for lesser and get 1st string action in League One

Bogdanovic has been released by Blackpool. He's a free agent.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

New permenant signing on 12:23 - Jan 30 with 1811 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

still awaiting to be posted on both official sites about him finishing his loan and on blackpool's official site confirming it instead of some forum acticle when i see it i'll believe it

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Login to get fewer ads

New permenant signing on 13:15 - Jan 30 with 1676 viewsBrierls

New permenant signing on 11:41 - Jan 30 by SaxonDale

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=

For anyone interested here are some of the Shrewsbury fans views on the offer, the player and Rkershaw's song for him!

Gornell seems to be highly rated by the Shrews fans. Once you wade through the standard 'why would he go to Rochdale?' posts, the underlying expectation is he'd command quite a high fee. We do have money to spend, but how much money?

I know all fans are biased towards their own club, but IF Gornell was given the chance to work with Coleman & Bell again, in League One, I expect he'd jump at the chance. I don't think playing in a shiny new stadium in a nice part of the country would have much bearing on the decision, certainly not as much as some Shrews fans seem to think.
New permenant signing on 13:17 - Jan 30 with 1657 viewsTomRAFC

New permenant signing on 11:19 - Jan 30 by 1907

seems like he'd be the replacement for cog we still havent got yet just like long is the replacement for dawson we never got

New permenant signing on 13:23 - Jan 30 with 1632 viewsmiddale

Longs out of contract in the summer and considering he's never played a league game for burnley I doubt they will offer him a new contract. I think he is the replacement for Dawson that we have needed since the start of the season.

Blog: Addicted to Rochdale (Part 17) Diary of the 2010-11 Season

New permenant signing on 14:04 - Jan 30 with 1486 viewsTomRAFC

New permenant signing on 13:23 - Jan 30 by middale

Longs out of contract in the summer and considering he's never played a league game for burnley I doubt they will offer him a new contract. I think he is the replacement for Dawson that we have needed since the start of the season.

burnley were very eager for him to get league one experience hence why he was allowed to come with jc to dale

would be suprised if they just let him go

New permenant signing on 14:38 - Jan 30 with 1443 viewsShun

I love Shrewsbury but I believe we've got a good chance if a bid is accepted, no disrespect intended. They can say that they could be switching places with us next year as much as they want, but the fact is they've been 'challenging' now for the past 5 or so years and haven't managed to go up, so what makes them think they will now? We're a point from safety, it's far from certain we'll be in League Two next year.

Lolz at the "much smaller club" quip.
New permenant signing on 15:32 - Jan 30 with 1333 viewsfitzochris

New permenant signing on 14:38 - Jan 30 by Shun

I love Shrewsbury but I believe we've got a good chance if a bid is accepted, no disrespect intended. They can say that they could be switching places with us next year as much as they want, but the fact is they've been 'challenging' now for the past 5 or so years and haven't managed to go up, so what makes them think they will now? We're a point from safety, it's far from certain we'll be in League Two next year.

Lolz at the "much smaller club" quip.

I've got to agree with your last comment there. I like to think of myself as quite grounded and realistic when it comes to Dale being a small club, but I've never quite accepted the idea we're a "much smaller" club than Shrewsbury.

Yes they have more fans and have had relatively more success in the past (they've also been in the Conference though), but I don't see them as being a much bigger club than us. Bigger yes, but not much.

It's rankled with me ever since they signed Grant Holt and I got pelters from one of their clowns for even suggesting we could have competed for his signature.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

New permenant signing on 16:05 - Jan 30 with 1289 viewsShun

Agreed. Marginally bigger than us at best.

Besides, everyone knows you can't be big if you've ever been non-league.
New permenant signing on 18:42 - Jan 30 with 1097 viewsMatt_

From the Shropshire Star today...

"Meanwhile, Town today dismissed weekend speculation linking Gornell with a switch to League One Rochdale — where his former Accrington manager John Coleman has just taken charge."

On the comparison between clubs.

I'm not sure of the state of Dale's finances these days but i'd hazard a guess that they're someway short of ours?

We comfortably average over 5000 gates, turnover around £4.5 million, have plenty of money in the bank, have no debt and a wholly owned stadium that provides income seven days a week.

Yes we've been trying to get out of League 2 for some seasons now, as were Dale before they eventually managed it. Like a lot of other Town fans I happen to think we have a better squad this season than during any of the previous near miss seasons, but whether that's good enough this time around only time will tell.

This isn't meant to be in any way a detrimental view on Dale which I think is a great club, well run and with excellent fans.

The only reason I could see Terry being tempted is the Coleman/Bell link but I also know he's very happy at Town at the moment.
New permenant signing on 18:51 - Jan 30 with 1055 viewsColDale

Whilst it's completely against all rules, I'd be completely surprised if we hadn't spoken to Gornell before putting a bid in for him. Coleman knows him from his Accy days, and he'll be well aware of the wages that he'll be on at Shrewsbury, and must feel confident of landing him if Shrewsbury can be persuaded.

Maybe Coleman is pulling a fast one and hoping to get Gornell on the cheap - we don't know the size of the bid, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't a reasonable one. The problem will come down to if Shrews decided they don't need to sell and we are desperate so start shoving the price up.
New permenant signing on 18:58 - Jan 30 with 1026 viewsSFD

Stockport fans expecting a bid from us for ex accy player too acc to their message board
New permenant signing on 18:59 - Jan 30 with 1013 viewsDALEYCADDERS

Saun McConville
New permenant signing on 18:59 - Jan 30 with 1004 viewsSuddenLad

New permenant signing on 18:51 - Jan 30 by ColDale

Whilst it's completely against all rules, I'd be completely surprised if we hadn't spoken to Gornell before putting a bid in for him. Coleman knows him from his Accy days, and he'll be well aware of the wages that he'll be on at Shrewsbury, and must feel confident of landing him if Shrewsbury can be persuaded.

Maybe Coleman is pulling a fast one and hoping to get Gornell on the cheap - we don't know the size of the bid, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't a reasonable one. The problem will come down to if Shrews decided they don't need to sell and we are desperate so start shoving the price up.

How long has Gornell got left on his contract at Shrewsbury ? That might have a bearing.

Get a fee, or lose him for nowt. If the lad wants to move, they may as well let him rather than having a disgruntled player on the books.

New permenant signing on 19:00 - Jan 30 with 996 viewsDALEYCADDERS

New permenant signing on 18:58 - Jan 30 by SFD

Stockport fans expecting a bid from us for ex accy player too acc to their message board

LInk please.
New permenant signing on 19:01 - Jan 30 with 985 viewsColDale

New permenant signing on 18:59 - Jan 30 by SuddenLad

How long has Gornell got left on his contract at Shrewsbury ? That might have a bearing.

Get a fee, or lose him for nowt. If the lad wants to move, they may as well let him rather than having a disgruntled player on the books.

I assume he has at least 18 months left there. Shrewsbury paid money for him last Summer, and teams don't usually do that then offer 12 month deals.
New permenant signing on 19:21 - Jan 30 with 924 viewsSFD

New permenant signing on 19:00 - Jan 30 by DALEYCADDERS

LInk please.

New permenant signing on 19:26 - Jan 30 with 896 viewsSuddenLad

New permenant signing on 18:59 - Jan 30 by DALEYCADDERS

Saun McConville

He's Jimmy Bell's nephew.

New permenant signing on 19:27 - Jan 30 with 885 viewsmacro

New permenant signing on 19:26 - Jan 30 by SuddenLad

He's Jimmy Bell's nephew.

http://members3.boardhost.com/marionsboard/msg/1327948115.html
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024