Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Three nil victory not good enough for some 00:35 - Apr 12 with 2881 viewsHans_Punter

Thanks to the cretins who kept shouting about how s**t Zamora was playing and how bad we defended all the way throughout the match. Really took the edge of a great win, to have someone that pessimistic shouting in your ear.

If you can't enjoy when a match when we are winning don't bother coming.

Season 2011/2012 - The Four Game Ban

Three nil victory not good enough for some on 00:38 - Apr 12 with 2444 viewsCHUBBS

Thats modern football some are just never happy.Makes you wonder why they bother going.
I thought Zamora had a decent game considering he was being fouled throughout with little protection from the ref.
Three nil victory not good enough for some on 00:38 - Apr 12 with 2439 viewsW7Ranger

Cheese?????????

Oh and Hans, is your surname "Free"???
Three nil victory not good enough for some on 00:41 - Apr 12 with 2416 viewsLeedsR

WTF? What game were they watching? I thought Zamora was excellent. He was winning LOADS in the air, bringing the attacking midfielders of Mackie, Taarabt and Buzz into play, as well as making some good runs of his own.

Poor defending? How many really clear cut chances did Swansea have? How many did they put away?

Sheesh, after the ManUre farce, they're moaning about this??? Totally agree with your last sentence.
Three nil victory not good enough for some on 00:47 - Apr 12 with 2396 viewsIFeelAsleep

I have no idea how anyone could think that. As I have mentioned elsewhere this has been my favourite match this season and I would have loved to have been there. I don't really know why anyone could have a go about about Zamora unless they think skying one shot makes you a useless player. Also if they thought we defended badly today where were they two months ago?

Welcome by the way.
Three nil victory not good enough for some on 00:55 - Apr 12 with 2366 viewsHollowayRanger

zamora was class fouled non stop and still laid off plenty of ball great link up work and reason he got a good send off,saving him for saturday

imagine fat pat up on his own

that was a team performance first for a long time for me

(missed arsenal game)

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Three nil victory not good enough for some on 00:56 - Apr 12 with 2363 viewsLowerloftLad

Bobby zamora works his socks of and his hold up play and link up play with adel is first class. when jay bothroyd came on you notice straight away but bobby gives us going foward class act I'm sure he is helpin adel throw his sulks as well and a great win tonite

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Three nil victory not good enough for some on 01:24 - Apr 12 with 2333 viewsNeil_SI

I heard some very strange shouts today and mainly from somebody who doesn't usually sit near where I do.

I heard shouts that Clint Hill was always useless at left-back and that it was strange how he was suddenly good at centre-back, to moaning about the way Adel Taarabt was defending (even when he was actually defending space and holding shape correctly).

But oh well. In fairness, I didn't think Bobby Zamora played that well, but perhaps the virus he's had is still affecting him. We certainly defended reasonably well though and a first clean sheet since September is a real plus and couldn't come at a more perfect time for us.
Three nil victory not good enough for some on 01:45 - Apr 12 with 2308 viewsIFeelAsleep

Zamora was not playing in a glory role today. From what I saw he was strong and held up the ball when it went long and annoyed a centre back when the build up was slower. He was fouled a lot probably should have got a couple more set pieces from that but I don't think he was poor at all.
Login to get fewer ads

Three nil victory not good enough for some on 01:55 - Apr 12 with 2299 viewsW7Ranger

Won the free kick that led to the all important first goal.

Dragged a defender away from Mackie just before Mackie scored.

Not a bad night's work in my opinion.

I don't think you can criticise any players performance tonight. It was a perfectly executed and tactically spot on performance from every player which made it an all round great team performance.

Did i also mention that it was a good performance???
Three nil victory not good enough for some on 04:14 - Apr 12 with 2272 viewssmegma

Three nil victory not good enough for some on 01:24 - Apr 12 by Neil_SI

I heard some very strange shouts today and mainly from somebody who doesn't usually sit near where I do.

I heard shouts that Clint Hill was always useless at left-back and that it was strange how he was suddenly good at centre-back, to moaning about the way Adel Taarabt was defending (even when he was actually defending space and holding shape correctly).

But oh well. In fairness, I didn't think Bobby Zamora played that well, but perhaps the virus he's had is still affecting him. We certainly defended reasonably well though and a first clean sheet since September is a real plus and couldn't come at a more perfect time for us.

After his monumental performance against the Gooners anything less will be seen as a poor game. I don't think he was great either but it wasn't his fault he was knocking on balls and there was no one there to run onto it. Fair play to him for not sulking at times when he wasn't found with decent balls for him to work with.
He should've at least got his one shot on target when the keeper flapped at the corner and left him with a great chance. 3 nil flattered them and probably upset the whole of the press pack.
Three nil victory not good enough for some on 06:09 - Apr 12 with 2239 viewsCharlie1

Spot on smegma

We do have some numpty fans on here and in the stands.
Before Antons killer pass to Mackie, quite a few in q and r block upper loft were moaning / hand waving at our lads. Thick as fck some people.

2:59 baby!

Three nil victory not good enough for some on 08:35 - Apr 12 with 2140 viewsconnell10

Three nil victory not good enough for some on 06:09 - Apr 12 by Charlie1

Spot on smegma

We do have some numpty fans on here and in the stands.
Before Antons killer pass to Mackie, quite a few in q and r block upper loft were moaning / hand waving at our lads. Thick as fck some people.

i heard a few morons near me moaning on, to be honest i think a lot of our fans are used to lower league football and dont understand that sometimes in the prem you have to pass the ball back to set up another attack and a lot of the time you have to be patient! bobby had a great game for us as did adel who some were slagging off! i think its a learning curve for a lot of our fans!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Three nil victory not good enough for some on 08:37 - Apr 12 with 2132 viewssimmo

He won the free kick for 1st goal, took away a defender and made the space for Mackie with the 2nd, chested down to Barton for a chance in the 2nd half, a few strong defensive headers and bursting through and putting what should have been a 4th on a plate for Onohua, that's just off the top of my head. We couldn't play the way we do without him, fantastic signing.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Three nil victory not good enough for some on 08:45 - Apr 12 with 2104 viewsRed_Ranger

Three nil victory not good enough for some on 08:37 - Apr 12 by simmo

He won the free kick for 1st goal, took away a defender and made the space for Mackie with the 2nd, chested down to Barton for a chance in the 2nd half, a few strong defensive headers and bursting through and putting what should have been a 4th on a plate for Onohua, that's just off the top of my head. We couldn't play the way we do without him, fantastic signing.

Agree with all that. Also their No 4 who marked him had an outstanding game, I thought. Zamora plays an vital and selfless at times role. Great signing. This team is also starting to play as a team. It could well be the start of something big like staying up for starters.
Three nil victory not good enough for some on 08:51 - Apr 12 with 2091 viewsHans_Punter

Three nil victory not good enough for some on 08:45 - Apr 12 by Red_Ranger

Agree with all that. Also their No 4 who marked him had an outstanding game, I thought. Zamora plays an vital and selfless at times role. Great signing. This team is also starting to play as a team. It could well be the start of something big like staying up for starters.

Selfless indeed. He is a life line for our defense when there is not an immediate pass, they can knock the ball up to him and we can still keep possession!

Great night.

Three nil victory not good enough for some on 09:28 - Apr 12 with 2032 viewswillis1980

I had a guy shouting nonsense in my ears like for "facks sake Barton, what are you doing" when it was Adel, and "Barton get the ball you lazy caant" when it was Buzz. You couldnt make it up. To top it off he kept on describing the Welsh as interbred northern scum, I might donate a pair of glasses and a few books to him next game.
Three nil victory not good enough for some on 09:32 - Apr 12 with 2019 viewsHans_Punter

Three nil victory not good enough for some on 09:28 - Apr 12 by willis1980

I had a guy shouting nonsense in my ears like for "facks sake Barton, what are you doing" when it was Adel, and "Barton get the ball you lazy caant" when it was Buzz. You couldnt make it up. To top it off he kept on describing the Welsh as interbred northern scum, I might donate a pair of glasses and a few books to him next game.

I think we were sitting by the same guy!

Three nil victory not good enough for some on 09:39 - Apr 12 with 2000 viewsBromleyHoop

You weren't sat in C block by any chance were you. I had one that sounds similar banging on about how Zamora wasn't Premiership class.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Three nil victory not good enough for some on 10:14 - Apr 12 with 1960 viewsIrishR

This guy sounds like a right clown. I echo the pro Zamora posts, alot of what he does goes unnoticed. You cant really compare himself and bothroyd as its an insult to Zamora but his hold up play and link up play with the midfield is fantastic. It is a huge difference when the ball is pumped forward and Zamora can bring others into play. We done the same at man u but the difference was bothroyd was playing, yes he will win some headers but they are all in the direction of the opposite gk even when hes the only one upfront. Zamora has abit of a thankless job and will not get us a 20+ goals a season but you can guarantee alot of our goals will come thru him directly or indirectly.
Three nil victory not good enough for some on 10:43 - Apr 12 with 1934 viewswillis1980

Three nil victory not good enough for some on 10:14 - Apr 12 by IrishR

This guy sounds like a right clown. I echo the pro Zamora posts, alot of what he does goes unnoticed. You cant really compare himself and bothroyd as its an insult to Zamora but his hold up play and link up play with the midfield is fantastic. It is a huge difference when the ball is pumped forward and Zamora can bring others into play. We done the same at man u but the difference was bothroyd was playing, yes he will win some headers but they are all in the direction of the opposite gk even when hes the only one upfront. Zamora has abit of a thankless job and will not get us a 20+ goals a season but you can guarantee alot of our goals will come thru him directly or indirectly.

Bobby Z also has the ability to take the ball from the air and put it on the floor under his control even with 2 people crawling all over him, it amazes me how little protection he gets from referees (he gets hacked down, punched and shirt pulled and gets nothing for it, take note ashley young).
Three nil victory not good enough for some on 10:46 - Apr 12 with 1925 viewsJuzzie

I think a lot of pople don't realise he's not an out-and-out scorer and complain 'cos he's not banging in goals every game. If they actually watch what he does then maybe they'll see what he contributes. As well as his contributions last night as described above, he had a direct hand in all three goals against Liverpool. Would some fans prefer we lost that game?

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Three nil victory not good enough for some on 12:27 - Apr 12 with 1875 viewsTearsOfaClown

I know where you were - Block X - midway.

There was 4 of them - all through the game.

"Zamora you Fing Fairy - Fook of back to Fulham and
1) Row a boat
2) teach them to swim across the Thames

Followed by slaging every other player on the pitch.

One could not recognise the players "too bl**ding long on the pooter at work done my eyes in, whose that, is it >>>" while his mate said "bang out of order your work should give you a break every hour" (I bet that is more than he works in a day!"

If Swansea got near the box the other kept saying ""ere we go, goal coming, goal coming".

The forth had the worst bad breath which was only beaten by lack of hygiene in his "under crackers" (to quote Count Arthur Strong).

Yes it really got to me - PLEASE STAY AWAY OR AT LEAST GO IN THE AWAY FANS END.

WITH YOU 100% HANS
Three nil victory not good enough for some on 13:11 - Apr 12 with 1825 viewsFlex

To be honest, before we signed Zamora, I was worried that we needed someone more clinical, and that we may have seen the best of him since his recent injuries. I've been very impressed with Zamora's contribution, and he seems like he's one of Hughes' boys. Hughes is one of those managers that some players really click with (Santa Cruz, Benni Macarthy, Bently) etc.

Great performance and result, lets carry this forward onto WBA. Importantly, we need to get behind the team. Urrrsssssss
Three nil victory not good enough for some on 14:19 - Apr 12 with 1767 viewsShotKneesHoop

It's all HANS to the pump now.

Agreed, though SWP makes it hard not to shout "FFS" at him whenever he gets the ball.

No excuse for any negative comments against anyone who played last night, Hughes does the smart thing in letting SWP have a two minute run around at the end to remind us all of just how much better the others are.

Jamie Mackie is a shining example of a player making the most of his ability through good attitude and never say die team spirit, yet even he gets stick.

Worst offenders are the Year 6 Primary school kids who shout shyte because they think they are saying something intelligent, and their zookeeper parents who smile and think they are funny.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Three nil victory not good enough for some on 14:30 - Apr 12 with 1747 viewsTearsOfaClown

Three nil victory not good enough for some on 14:19 - Apr 12 by ShotKneesHoop

It's all HANS to the pump now.

Agreed, though SWP makes it hard not to shout "FFS" at him whenever he gets the ball.

No excuse for any negative comments against anyone who played last night, Hughes does the smart thing in letting SWP have a two minute run around at the end to remind us all of just how much better the others are.

Jamie Mackie is a shining example of a player making the most of his ability through good attitude and never say die team spirit, yet even he gets stick.

Worst offenders are the Year 6 Primary school kids who shout shyte because they think they are saying something intelligent, and their zookeeper parents who smile and think they are funny.

Don't get me started on that - "Worst offenders are the Year 6 Primary school kids who shout shyte because they think they are saying something intelligent, and their zookeeper parents who smile and think they are funny. "

We had one of those in Block X too!

High pitched shrill voice "You play like Swans" and other tosh. His parents never spoke to him all match. Unless they were from Hammersmith Council Social Services.

Drives me mad!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024