Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
your first ever gig 08:47 - May 3 with 6062 viewselectricblue

what was your first ever gig you went to and the worst. and your overall favourite gig.
Worst ever is a toss between. Either queen live at elland road in 1982 or a UFO gig at the apollo utter crap.
Best was ever is a toss up to either here and now or deeply vale festival..
Oh i seem to recall watching bon jovi in the 80' just before they released their album ans they where excellent, watched them again 6months later touring the album and they where crap walked out after 30mins..
Any one rememember Saxon always blowing their sound system at the apollo when they performed 20,000ft year after year.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

your first ever gig on 09:03 - May 3 with 3600 viewswimborne_dale

First propper gig - Mud at Sheffield City Polytechnic freshers week -1982.
Best ever - joint - Stiff Little Fingers at Sheffield Lyceum 1982 and Big Country at Leicester DeMonfort Hall 1986.
Worst - Propaganda at Leicester Poly -1986 (not enough material for a tour).

(edit was for spelling)

Edgar Allan's Crow

your first ever gig on 09:04 - May 3 with 3594 viewsBlueMessiah

First was Rush at Deeside Leisure Centre in 1980 - got cold feet from the ice underneath. Best was James supported by The Stone Roses at International 2 about 1989 or The Pixies at the Apollo around the same time. Worst was Inspiral Carpets reunion gig a few years back. Utterly awful.

Poll: Do I Know You?

your first ever gig on 09:06 - May 3 with 3592 viewsFred_Talbot

The Undertones - Manchester Free Trade Hall 1980

Where's Fred?

your first ever gig on 09:20 - May 3 with 3584 viewsSandyman

First - Mott The Hoople on a school trip!
Best - Lots of great ones but most recent was Acid Mothers Temple in Hebden Bridge last year.
Worst - Tangerine Dream about 1980 ish.

Agree with electricblue about Deeply Vale - best event.
your first ever gig on 09:45 - May 3 with 3568 viewsSalwaDale

First - Transvision Vamp (Manchester Apollo)
Best - Rage Against The Machine (The Ritz), (Just pips Mike Scott accoustic)
Worst - Sultans of Ping FC (Somewhere in Hull - possibly the Adelphi)

Honourable mentions to:

The Manics (Hull Ice Rink), Moby (Festival),

TBBT

your first ever gig on 09:48 - May 3 with 3566 viewsMorden

1st: 10cc at the Manchester Apollo circa 1977, recorded for the album Live and Let Live

Best: Special AKA / Madness / Selecter c.1979 again at the Apollo

Worst: Never actually walked out of a gig, but at A Certain Ratio I went into the toilets just to get away from the noise. Also comeback gigs: stay away from them; keep your memories fresh
your first ever gig on 09:50 - May 3 with 3564 viewsgigger

Boney m at apollo 1978 and day after it was front page news in Manchester evening news that they had mimed the dirty b€€€€€ds

What's happened to kel ???

your first ever gig on 09:53 - May 3 with 3560 viewsMorden

your first ever gig on 09:50 - May 3 by gigger

Boney m at apollo 1978 and day after it was front page news in Manchester evening news that they had mimed the dirty b€€€€€ds

Couldn't you tell, then?
Login to get fewer ads

your first ever gig on 10:10 - May 3 with 3553 viewsdownunder

your first ever gig on 09:06 - May 3 by Fred_Talbot

The Undertones - Manchester Free Trade Hall 1980

I went to the Undertones gig as well.
First. Genesis at Belle Vue Hardrock( I think that was what it was called)
Best- Lindisfarne first xmas reunion, Newcastle town hall.
Worst- equally poor were Eric Clapton at BelleVue, and Steely Dan here in Christchurch
your first ever gig on 10:14 - May 3 with 3550 viewsD_Alien

First: The Sex Pistols, 1976, at an un-named venue in London (would be giving too much away!!) - but embarrassingly, I thought I was going to see a rock band!

Worst: U2 at Roundhay, 1992, absolutely dire "going through the motions"

Best: Robert Plant & Alison Krauss at the Apollo, 2007

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

your first ever gig on 11:03 - May 3 with 3523 viewswindowsbug

First gig was Motorhead 1980
Best gig was Slash at the Apollo last year
Can't really say about a worst gig, but I have seen some truely awful supprt bands.
Tank
Rose Tattoo
Athenema ? to name a few..
your first ever gig on 12:11 - May 3 with 3501 viewsSandy_Lane

First: Oasis at Knebworth
Best: Roger Waters performing the Wall at the MEN
Worst: I had to endure Slipknot as a support for Guns n Roses at the Leeds half of Leeds/Reading
your first ever gig on 12:27 - May 3 with 3490 viewsRochdaleLeeds

your first ever gig on 10:14 - May 3 by D_Alien

First: The Sex Pistols, 1976, at an un-named venue in London (would be giving too much away!!) - but embarrassingly, I thought I was going to see a rock band!

Worst: U2 at Roundhay, 1992, absolutely dire "going through the motions"

Best: Robert Plant & Alison Krauss at the Apollo, 2007

First Ever Gig - S Club 7 ( i was a very wee lad and was forced by the rents) still a good overall gig though!
Best Gig - between Bullet For My Valentine (last december) and Linkin Park (2006) both at MEN standing, atmosphere and bands were amazing.
Worst Gig - Bloc Party in Blackpool, only for getting lost on the way home and going straight to college ready for the next day without going home.
your first ever gig on 12:35 - May 3 with 3485 viewsmaybee

1st gig: Can't remember which was first:

Bunch of Stiffs at Champness Hall
Deaf School: Jilly's Manchester (wasn't called Jillys then) Ears hurt for a week. Both around 76.

Best gig? Thin Lizzy Live & Dangerous Tour god knows when? Late 70's? Honourable mention to Focus (best guitar playing I've ever seen from Jan Akkerman)

These days....happy with rock tributes. Limehouse Lizzy excellent and also Lam Morrison is superb.
your first ever gig on 13:03 - May 3 with 3468 viewsjav14

1st Gig - Cutting Crew - International 1 1987

Worst gig - U2 360 tour - Sheffield - 2009

Best Gig - The Killers - MEN 2009
your first ever gig on 13:39 - May 3 with 3445 viewssandylaner1

first gig - pete doherty coventry kasbah

best gig : saturday hopfarm 2011 - patti smith, lou reed, iggy pop and morrissey

worst gig : morrissey liverpool echo arena 2009 (2nd song bottle on head = off)
your first ever gig on 13:56 - May 3 with 3436 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Bob Dylan at the Free Trade Hall. If you listen closely to the recording you'll hear me shout out 'Judith' to my then girlfriend who was at the side of the stage.

your first ever gig on 14:01 - May 3 with 3431 viewschuckleberry

First gig - Wet Wet Wet Leeds Queens Hall, 1987

Worst gig - The Who Quadrephenia gig at Hyde Park 1996

Best - too many to mention
your first ever gig on 14:14 - May 3 with 3429 viewsjohnofheywood

1st - Thin Lizzy at Champness Hall on Drake St when they were touring 'Fighting' album - went expecting Whiskey in the Jar, they blew us away, fantastic!
Overall favourite - Lynyrd Skynyrd at Free Trade Hall, before the plane crash!
Worst - wife dragged me along to see Candlewick Green somewhere in Yorkshire - horrific!
(Showing my age, but still rocking!)
your first ever gig on 14:24 - May 3 with 3425 viewsgigger

your first ever gig on 09:53 - May 3 by Morden

Couldn't you tell, then?

I was 12 at the time and was to busy getting on down to brown girl in the ring la la la la.

What's happened to kel ???

your first ever gig on 14:27 - May 3 with 3424 viewsChaffRAFC

First and worst are pretty much the same thing, got dragged to a bloody Spice Girls concert at the M.E.N Arena. Painful.

Best concert is a tough one, I'm gonna go with either Oasis (support from the Enemy, Kasabian and Twisted Wheel) at Heaton Park, or The NME tour from 2005 which had a lineup of Kaiser Chiefs, The Futureheads, Bloc Party and The Killers (before they turned shit!) at the Academy. Great gigs. Also two honourable mentions to, Morrissey at the Apollo a couple of years back and The Arctic Monkeys, supported by Milburn at the Ritz.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

your first ever gig on 14:52 - May 3 with 3416 viewsOooarr

My first gig was Arctic Monkeys at Old Trafford (Lancashire Cricket Club). Think they were supported by The Coral, Amy Winehouse and Supergrass.

The best gig was either Oasis at Heaton Park or the Arctic Monkeys gig at Old Trafford. Both were great days with quality support acts.

The worst gig was probably Paul Weller at the MEN a year or two ago. The whole gig just didn't feel right. The crowd didn't seem to be enjoying it and Weller didn't look to be enjoying it much either. He played in London a day later and played a much bigger set including more Jam songs than he did in Manchester which was annoying.
your first ever gig on 15:03 - May 3 with 3405 viewsFred_Talbot

Best gig was probably either Happy Mondays at The Hacienda in 1989 or Pixies at Manchester Apollo a couple of years later.

Worst gig i've ever been to has to be The Waterboys at the Apollo on their Fishermans Blues tour. It was excruciatingly bad! Psychedelic Furs also at the Apollo in 85 was terrible. Simple Minds have also had some shockers down the years.

Where's Fred?

your first ever gig on 15:06 - May 3 with 3400 viewsChaffRAFC

your first ever gig on 14:52 - May 3 by Oooarr

My first gig was Arctic Monkeys at Old Trafford (Lancashire Cricket Club). Think they were supported by The Coral, Amy Winehouse and Supergrass.

The best gig was either Oasis at Heaton Park or the Arctic Monkeys gig at Old Trafford. Both were great days with quality support acts.

The worst gig was probably Paul Weller at the MEN a year or two ago. The whole gig just didn't feel right. The crowd didn't seem to be enjoying it and Weller didn't look to be enjoying it much either. He played in London a day later and played a much bigger set including more Jam songs than he did in Manchester which was annoying.

Went to both days for the Arctic Monkeys that weekend at OT. Top gig, wasn't a fan of any of the support acts, least of all Amy Whinehouse.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

your first ever gig on 16:21 - May 3 with 3377 viewssandylaner1

your first ever gig on 14:27 - May 3 by ChaffRAFC

First and worst are pretty much the same thing, got dragged to a bloody Spice Girls concert at the M.E.N Arena. Painful.

Best concert is a tough one, I'm gonna go with either Oasis (support from the Enemy, Kasabian and Twisted Wheel) at Heaton Park, or The NME tour from 2005 which had a lineup of Kaiser Chiefs, The Futureheads, Bloc Party and The Killers (before they turned shit!) at the Academy. Great gigs. Also two honourable mentions to, Morrissey at the Apollo a couple of years back and The Arctic Monkeys, supported by Milburn at the Ritz.

moz at the apollo in 09 his birthday shows?

arctic monkeys played the ritz, wow
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024