Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Early ideas summer signings 12:19 - May 15 with 6097 viewsdonny11

Any targets that instantly come to mind...........?
Early ideas summer signings on 12:22 - May 15 with 2915 viewsLewes_r

Vaz Te has caught the eye and is wet spam fck it up wouldnt mind us sniffing around him

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Early ideas summer signings on 12:23 - May 15 with 2894 viewsQPunkR

Matt Jarvis off Wolves, had a good season on the quiet

QPR - "shit but local"

Early ideas summer signings on 12:25 - May 15 with 2887 viewsadhoc_qpr

I'd love to see Diakite and Taiwo signed up the day the transfer window opens!

I'd love to see Hughes pull another 2 or 3 of his unknown signings from abroad out of the bag and them turn out like Diakite/Samba/Nelson/N'zonzi!
Early ideas summer signings on 12:27 - May 15 with 2863 viewsLewes_r

Jordan Rhodes could be worth a gamble?

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Early ideas summer signings on 12:28 - May 15 with 2858 viewsKevinPR

Let's see what Mike Rigg can come up with as we are still Premier League.
Early ideas summer signings on 12:30 - May 15 with 2841 viewsJamie

Luke Freeman from Stevenage. Class, and cheap. A much younger, English Buzsaky.
Early ideas summer signings on 12:30 - May 15 with 2836 viewsNorthernr

Agree with Matt Jarvis and Rhodes but it would be nice if for once we were controlled and considered in our transfer dealings rather than just throwing good money after bad. We only need three new players in my opinion, assuming Diakite and Taiwo are staying.
Early ideas summer signings on 12:31 - May 15 with 2825 viewsElHoop

Centre Backs are very hard to find at the moment. There's not enough good ones to go round. Even the top clubs are throwing in kids or patching up old duffers.

If Hughes can dig one or two out from nowhere then that will be a great investment.
Login to get fewer ads

Early ideas summer signings on 12:32 - May 15 with 2816 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Early ideas summer signings on 12:27 - May 15 by Lewes_r

Jordan Rhodes could be worth a gamble?

Worth a shout but we can't take many more like Hewitt who just never got going.

Diakite, Taiwo, Hoilet, Heaton to start with..?
Early ideas summer signings on 12:34 - May 15 with 2798 viewsJamie

Early ideas summer signings on 12:30 - May 15 by Northernr

Agree with Matt Jarvis and Rhodes but it would be nice if for once we were controlled and considered in our transfer dealings rather than just throwing good money after bad. We only need three new players in my opinion, assuming Diakite and Taiwo are staying.

Hence Freeman IMO. He can play upfront, in the centre of the park or on either wing. He's very quick, comfortable on the ball, great eye for a pass and a fantastic strike on him.

£1m would secure him IMO.
Early ideas summer signings on 12:36 - May 15 with 2783 viewsballbag

Now that Villarreal has been relegated over in Spain... Nilmar anyone?
Early ideas summer signings on 12:37 - May 15 with 2775 viewsdaveB

i don't think we need to go mad with players, a good centre half, a keeper and then some strong back up players. We already have tghe nucleus of a decent side with Diakaite, Faurlin, Taarabt, Mackie, Zamora and Cisse.

Early ideas summer signings on 12:37 - May 15 with 2774 viewsNorthernr

Early ideas summer signings on 12:34 - May 15 by Jamie

Hence Freeman IMO. He can play upfront, in the centre of the park or on either wing. He's very quick, comfortable on the ball, great eye for a pass and a fantastic strike on him.

£1m would secure him IMO.

Which would be about £700,000 more than he's worth IMO. Mind you, servicing Agyemang he's never going to look that impressive.
Early ideas summer signings on 12:39 - May 15 with 2754 viewssimmo

I think Clive is right, we actually only need 3 maybe 4 players as our first 11 is pretty good and people like Faurlin etc back will be like new signings anyway. I would like to see us sign a GK, CB, Winger and maybe Full back. (All dependent on who is offered new contracts too)

Picking the bones out of relegated teams Hennessey would be a good option and agree with Jarvis. Quite like Hammill too as a young player but he is not better than our current wide options.

From Bburn the obvious choice liek Hoilett is probably above our pulling power but Samba would still be a great signing (he is just on loan right?) and I still rated Dann despite his poor season.

Bolton I like Lee although with a year out he probably owes them a season and its not definite how he recovers....

Other options will become apparent once contracts are offered/refused but transfers are one area I think Hughes has been consistently excellent at all levels of his budget so really keen to see what other Diakite type players he can bring in....

Diakite should be first on the list whatever happens!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Early ideas summer signings on 12:40 - May 15 with 2746 viewsJamie

Early ideas summer signings on 12:37 - May 15 by Northernr

Which would be about £700,000 more than he's worth IMO. Mind you, servicing Agyemang he's never going to look that impressive.

Best player in L1 IMO by quite some distance and will be a Premier League player before too long. Obviously we wont sign him as his agent isnt Joorabchian but would be the best business all summer outside keeping Diakite.
Early ideas summer signings on 12:41 - May 15 with 2735 viewsnadera78

Joel Ward from Portsmouth. Can play holding midfield, centre back or right back and you'd get him for peanuts given their current finances.

Was thinking we need a wide man with pace but then I keep coming back to Traore. Taiwo is a strong, organised, secure LB. Stick Traore in front of him in a four man midfield and watch him fly up and down the wing putting crosses into the box. Faurling and Diakite in the middle, with Taarabt on the right at home at Mackie away from home.

Truth is we only need a couple of players: a new GK, a dominant CB, a back up ball-retaining CF for Zamora, and maybe a utility.
Early ideas summer signings on 12:43 - May 15 with 2724 viewsJamie

Early ideas summer signings on 12:41 - May 15 by nadera78

Joel Ward from Portsmouth. Can play holding midfield, centre back or right back and you'd get him for peanuts given their current finances.

Was thinking we need a wide man with pace but then I keep coming back to Traore. Taiwo is a strong, organised, secure LB. Stick Traore in front of him in a four man midfield and watch him fly up and down the wing putting crosses into the box. Faurling and Diakite in the middle, with Taarabt on the right at home at Mackie away from home.

Truth is we only need a couple of players: a new GK, a dominant CB, a back up ball-retaining CF for Zamora, and maybe a utility.

Sure I read that Ward was joining Pearce at Leeds.
Early ideas summer signings on 12:43 - May 15 with 2723 viewsimustbemad

Keeper - Foster
Central Defender - Samba or someome similar
Forward - Moses
MF - Hoilett

Would need to hift a fair few exlcuding the out of contract players
Early ideas summer signings on 12:44 - May 15 with 2720 viewsadhoc_qpr

According to the Telegraph article earlier Hughes is planning a pretty big clearout, in addition to the out of contract mob, so i think we'll need more than 2 or 3 players in!

I make it a possible 21 on the way out if you include (as the Telegraph did) Barton, DJ, Bothroyd, Hulse, Helguson, Brian Murphy and Connolly.

Surely that would only leave us with 15 or 16 first team players?
Early ideas summer signings on 12:45 - May 15 with 2712 viewsTheBlob

Radamel Falcao Garcia

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Early ideas summer signings on 12:49 - May 15 with 2695 viewsSharpy

Swawcross or Huth

Yakubo

Thomas ince, if Blackpool don`t get promoted.One for the future.

What happened to the Brazilian lad, who could`nt get a work permit ?

Once you`ve had black, you never go back !

Early ideas summer signings on 12:52 - May 15 with 2681 viewsHAYESBOY

As someone has said, now Rigg is on board expect some gems to be linked with.

Positions that i think we need strengthening in are.

GK - Possibly x 2 Retain Kenny

RB/CB - Depends if MH sees Onuoha as a CB long term.
I would say a right back and 1 xCB. Retain Young and Hill

CM - Barton with a long ban, Faurlin return date? If we sign Diakite then possibly
x2 if we do not keep Buz.

RM/LM - Tarbs should be offered a new deal long term.
Maybe x1 winger.

FWD - I would keep DJ & Helg's, replace Bothroyd with better x1.

Squad:

Kenny New x 2

Young Onuoha Hill Ferdinand Tawio Traore 1X RB 1 X CB.

Faurlin Diakite Barton SWP Mackie Smith Tarbs x1 CM x1 winger

Cisse Zamora DJ Helgusson x1 Striker

Smells like a trout farm in here

Early ideas summer signings on 12:52 - May 15 with 2678 viewsSomersetHoops

I think we now have the right scouting and player evaluation team in place and I'm confident they will make the right decisions this time.

I would like to see a couple of really good players we've never heard of before come in and light up the Premiership - So that's your task Mr Hughes and team - you've done it before now lets see what you can come up with now you're really trying.

Who's Next?

Early ideas summer signings on 12:55 - May 15 with 2658 viewsTonto

Two statements made on here I want to comment on:

"Hughes is planning a big cleaer out - so we need more than 2 or 3" - actually I disagree. We have waaaaay to many players. With the PL limiting us to 25 players (plus youngsters) I would hope our sqaud size comes down to 25-30 at most - its well over 40 right now. I think there are 14 players out of contract according to another thread. only 3 of those were in the sqaud on Sunday!

"We only need 3 or 4 players assuming taiwoo and Diakite stay" - I think thats about right - a GK, 2 x CB, a winger and another forward IMO.

if samba is unhappy in Russia, I would try and pick him up for less than was paid. Robinson or Foster would be good GKs. Hoilett could be the winger. We'll face opposition for all, therefore getting in early wouldn't be a bad idea!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Early ideas summer signings on 12:55 - May 15 with 2658 viewsDANRANGER

We need to bolster the midfield. Barton will be out of the picture one way or another and Faurlin may not be ready. For me Derry needs replacing now and Buz is probably not up to it so it only leaves Diakite if he signs. I would say 2 more CM with one of them able to play wide would do. (I read Bentley was rumoured but is he ever fit?)

I get the feeling Hughes is after a GK and I would say another centre half if Gabbidon/ Connolly go.

Hoilett would be an amazing signing and I expect us to be in for him but he is in high demand so be interesting what he decides to do.

So I agree 4 new players should do it and Hoilett as a bonus!
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024