Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Early ideas summer signings 12:19 - May 15 with 6098 viewsdonny11

Any targets that instantly come to mind...........?
Early ideas summer signings on 12:56 - May 15 with 1233 viewswombleR

What about Ched Evans? Should be available Summer 2014 (with good behaviour). Would make a lovely pairing with Barton.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Early ideas summer signings on 13:00 - May 15 with 1217 viewsWestbourneR

Centre mid is crying out for back up.

I'd take O' Hara off Wolves and then let Hughes / Rigg find some more gems like Diakite.

We need to right wingers as I don't think Mackie will make it and SWP has fallen apart.

And centre backs obviously. Actually I expect Onouha to move into the centre and new right back to come in.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Early ideas summer signings on 13:02 - May 15 with 1211 viewsqueensparker

Dirk Kuyt's moaning about King Kenny and not getting the team at the moment. Always liked him
Early ideas summer signings on 13:02 - May 15 with 1210 viewsballbag

Early ideas summer signings on 12:49 - May 15 by Sharpy

Swawcross or Huth

Yakubo

Thomas ince, if Blackpool don`t get promoted.One for the future.

What happened to the Brazilian lad, who could`nt get a work permit ?

Ended up in Granada and failed to score a single goal in 6 games. Used mostly as a sub though.
Early ideas summer signings on 13:06 - May 15 with 1198 viewsMedwayR

For the 1st team I think we need a GK, RB and a CB.

I think we then need about 6/7 good quality squad players taking us up a level from the likes of Buzsaky, Bothroyd etc.

Obviously a massive clear out also required.

Would also be nice to see a few young players come in, for example the lad Nick Powell at Crewe has been linked with a few clubs...

Poll: Who’s better?

Early ideas summer signings on 13:14 - May 15 with 1180 viewsFerdy

Early ideas summer signings on 13:06 - May 15 by MedwayR

For the 1st team I think we need a GK, RB and a CB.

I think we then need about 6/7 good quality squad players taking us up a level from the likes of Buzsaky, Bothroyd etc.

Obviously a massive clear out also required.

Would also be nice to see a few young players come in, for example the lad Nick Powell at Crewe has been linked with a few clubs...

I agree I think we really need some younger players I think I even heard Fernandes say he hoped to get in some young players.

Powell at Crewe is highly rated Zaha at Palace perhaps and another couple like Diakite and I will be happy.
Early ideas summer signings on 13:40 - May 15 with 1140 viewsderbyhoop

Turn the Taiwo and Diakite loans into permanent. A better keeper than Fenny and a first choice CB. Some squad players, especially Midfiel would be good, but not critical.
For keeper - Craig Gordon or westwood, Fraser foster from Celtic or courtois (
on loan at athletic Madrid from chelski).
@ cb - samba or grant Hanley.

I think we've done enough bringing in 6 or 7 new faces in every transfer window. I'd keep gabbidon and buzz as squad players.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Early ideas summer signings on 13:40 - May 15 with 1140 viewssimmo

Also like Tomkins. Young English and head and shoulders above the championship according to my west ham mate.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

Early ideas summer signings on 14:02 - May 15 with 1115 viewswestolian

Get shot of the dross, 5 quality players and a decent pre-season.

Europa League here we come !!

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Early ideas summer signings on 14:04 - May 15 with 1109 viewsJonDoeman

Early ideas summer signings on 12:40 - May 15 by Jamie

Best player in L1 IMO by quite some distance and will be a Premier League player before too long. Obviously we wont sign him as his agent isnt Joorabchian but would be the best business all summer outside keeping Diakite.

Sound's like a Norwich signing. :-/

It Is What It Is !!

Early ideas summer signings on 14:06 - May 15 with 1106 viewstimcocking

Shawcross Hoilett
Early ideas summer signings on 15:08 - May 15 with 1074 viewsaussiehoop

If we're clearing out then the why not look at the below. Wouldn't break the bank either.

Taiwo
Diakite
Rodallega
Hoillet
Samba (might break the bank actually)
Smithies
Al Habsi

Would love Hughes to find us another Dembele or Samba from the continent.
Early ideas summer signings on 15:20 - May 15 with 1059 viewsadhoc_qpr

Hoillet i'm sure will be hoovered up by one of the big clubs, who will then only use him as a bit part player!

I wonder if any of the mixed bag of foreign players we were linked with in January will reappear? I remember a South African midfielder who looked pretty handy from a Belgian club i think?
Early ideas summer signings on 15:28 - May 15 with 1046 viewsShotKneesHoop

Before we add anyone new can we first offload all of Paladini's 4 year dross and also all of Tango and Cash's free transfers with huge wages that were brought in last summer - especially Dick Barton and SWP.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Early ideas summer signings on 16:01 - May 15 with 1023 viewsBAWHoops

I think a keeper, a CB, a winger, a CM and possibly a striker.
That's excluding Diakite and Taiwo.

No idea who the keeper will be, won't be someone who has played in the Prem before. They are all over priced and Swansea showed with Vorm that there is value abroad.

The CB will most likely be foreign too. We have a partnership already in Anton and Hill so someone new has time to bed in whilst our current pair keep building their partnership.

A winger isn't a priority considering we have Mackie, Taarabt, SWP and Traore who all play there. However if Hoillet is available I think we may swoop.

Central midfielder. If Faurlin is back and fit then him and Diakite will start. This will enable us to once again think outside the box, perhaps look at someone younger and from The Championship, give them time to establish themselves. I was gutted in Jan that we never went for Howson. I know he is injured but Butterfield from Barnsley looks a player. There are some real finds out there beyond your Ben Watsons and Steve Nzonzi. I would, however take Mark Davies from Bolton as a squad player too.

Striker. Well we are stocked here that's for sure, but is it quantity over quality? I'd eventually like to see Zamora fazed out and Cisse to develop a partnership with Taarabt. Zamora still has a huge role to play also, perhaps away from home.

I would like this starting 11.

............................Keeper.......................
Onouha.......Ferdinand.......New CB.........Taiwo
................Diakite..........Faurlin.................
Mackie...............Taarabt...................Hoillet
.......................Cisse...............................

That's 3 new players to make a conceivably mid table side.

We also have an option of a plan B

............................Keeper.......................
Onouha.......Ferdinand.......New CB.........Taiwo
Mackie........Diakite..........Faurlin..........Traore
................Cisse............Zamora...................

A more conventional and compact 4-4-2 away from home

So the 25 would be....
Kenny, New Keeper, New Keeper, Onouha, Young, Hill, Ferdinand, New CB, Ehmer, Taiwo, Traore, Diakite, Faurlin, Derry, New CM, M. Davies, Barton, SWP, Mackie, Taarabt, Hoillet, Zamora, Cisse, Campbell, Bothroyd

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Early ideas summer signings on 16:17 - May 15 with 981 viewsballbag

Early ideas summer signings on 15:20 - May 15 by adhoc_qpr

Hoillet i'm sure will be hoovered up by one of the big clubs, who will then only use him as a bit part player!

I wonder if any of the mixed bag of foreign players we were linked with in January will reappear? I remember a South African midfielder who looked pretty handy from a Belgian club i think?

Aaaaaah! Our old friend Kaxo Mpelwimu!

Early ideas summer signings on 16:22 - May 15 with 971 viewsadhoc_qpr

Early ideas summer signings on 16:17 - May 15 by ballbag

Aaaaaah! Our old friend Kaxo Mpelwimu!

Dredging my memory banks and google I think it was Daylon Claasen!

Hopefully Hughes and Mike Rigg can conjure a few gems and we'll have a full and proper pre-season to bed them in.
Early ideas summer signings on 16:24 - May 15 with 963 viewsWestbourneR

So everyone thinks Jamie Mackie is now a starting 11 player for next season?

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Early ideas summer signings on 16:31 - May 15 with 956 viewsjohann28

Steven Fletcher from Wolves - proven goalscorer. Jarvis would also be worth a punt imo - risky but has to be better than SWP. Maybe go for Steven Pienaar?
Early ideas summer signings on 16:33 - May 15 with 946 viewsRangersAreBack

Thank fck some of you aren't the manager. We've struggled all season, survive by the skin of our teeth and yet some fell that we only need 3 players.

Football is a squad game. We need a better keeper, a centre-back or 2, several midfielders (in particular a genuine left sided player) and another forward.

Furthermore, Hughes has shown that he has an eye for the foreign market so be more creative with your suggestions.
Early ideas summer signings on 16:43 - May 15 with 936 views08olesen

I think we need a keeper because paddy will go back to leeds and cerny is fine as a back up.

Then one if not two CBs (Samba, kolo toure?)

midfield: someone to replace diakite and faurlin if they are injured (De Jong)

Winger (Miyachi or Hoilet)

Then maybe someone up front. (i like the post on Nilmar or maybe Gabby Agbonlahore)

But i dont think it is work going for a player not in the top league. players like Rhodes, because it would take him a long time to settle and look at the players who came up this season who everyone thought would be amazing. Long (Average), Graham(Average) Bothroyd(......).

Poll: Who will the other play off

Early ideas summer signings on 16:45 - May 15 with 930 viewsballbag

Early ideas summer signings on 16:22 - May 15 by adhoc_qpr

Dredging my memory banks and google I think it was Daylon Claasen!

Hopefully Hughes and Mike Rigg can conjure a few gems and we'll have a full and proper pre-season to bed them in.

http://www.thespoof.co.uk/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s6i103872

Early ideas summer signings on 16:46 - May 15 with 927 viewsDevonWhite

Early ideas summer signings on 16:43 - May 15 by 08olesen

I think we need a keeper because paddy will go back to leeds and cerny is fine as a back up.

Then one if not two CBs (Samba, kolo toure?)

midfield: someone to replace diakite and faurlin if they are injured (De Jong)

Winger (Miyachi or Hoilet)

Then maybe someone up front. (i like the post on Nilmar or maybe Gabby Agbonlahore)

But i dont think it is work going for a player not in the top league. players like Rhodes, because it would take him a long time to settle and look at the players who came up this season who everyone thought would be amazing. Long (Average), Graham(Average) Bothroyd(......).

Graham hasn't been average. And what about the rest of the Swansea and Norwich teams? Grant Holt? Morison? Pilkington?
Early ideas summer signings on 17:12 - May 15 with 892 views08olesen

Early ideas summer signings on 16:46 - May 15 by DevonWhite

Graham hasn't been average. And what about the rest of the Swansea and Norwich teams? Grant Holt? Morison? Pilkington?

Compared to Djib and Zamora i think most managers would chose them over the names you have wrote down. So why bring in an unproven player compared to those two premiership experienced players. And just incase you say diakite.....he had 41 matches in the top french league! so he is used to good football unlike Rhodes, who IMO would be out of his depth going from league 1 to Prem.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Early ideas summer signings on 17:18 - May 15 with 881 viewsDevonWhite

Early ideas summer signings on 17:12 - May 15 by 08olesen

Compared to Djib and Zamora i think most managers would chose them over the names you have wrote down. So why bring in an unproven player compared to those two premiership experienced players. And just incase you say diakite.....he had 41 matches in the top french league! so he is used to good football unlike Rhodes, who IMO would be out of his depth going from league 1 to Prem.

You can pick examples or stats to prove either point. Is Zamora, at whatever wage he's on, better value than Holt? Or Morison?

It's absurd to say that there's no point looking for lower league bargains. We can't just keep blowing money on mercenaries.

Who have our best players been so far this season? Hill, Mackie, Derry, Taarabt, etc. Players from our Championship team. And who have the worst been? SWP? Barton?

Norwich and Swansea comfortably stayed up by keeping the bulk of their Championship squad and adding a few other lower league players and unproven foreign signings (in Swansea's case). We blew shitloads on "proven" Premier League players and stayed up by the skin of our teeth.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024