Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? 22:32 - Sep 15 with 3888 viewsDylanP

I think the team played great today. Cesar awesome in goal. Back 4 looked solid. Ferdinand massive today. Nelsen great. Faurlin and Granero bossed the midfield all game. Park had a great game and the pieces really seemed to fit together. AJ and Zamora looked like a great partnership.

Only thing i didn't understand was the choice of SWP over Taarabt or Hoillet. SWP played OK, but he still can't cross or shoot and his passing isnt up to much. I know Hughes has history with SWP, but still. Hoillet has looked inventive and dangerous. Adel gives us bite and offers opportunity. SWP just drains the chances out of the game.

Why??

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 22:37 - Sep 15 with 3073 viewsJamie

To try and stop Cole & Bertrand having a field day down the left hand side.
Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 22:40 - Sep 15 with 3060 viewsJoolzz

What he does off the ball...and MH got it right...and this coming from Adels number 1 fan....god i sound so gay!
Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 22:53 - Sep 15 with 3027 viewsQPR1882

SWP played ok ??????????????????

He had a very good game today
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 23:26 - Sep 15 with 2983 viewsvblockranger

thought SWP played well and shouldnt be singled out as it was a great team performance
Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 23:33 - Sep 15 with 2967 viewsHollowayRanger

SWP tries hard but very little end product

for me id play

hoillett faurlin granero park

taarabt has improved and i can see him playing v weaker teams like wet spam

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 00:01 - Sep 16 with 2940 viewsbaz_qpr

It was defensive and against the European Champions it was probably the right thing to do, but Park and SWP are not going to get you goals, would expect the same for spurs and then perhaps a more attacking line up for wet spam
Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 02:26 - Sep 16 with 2892 viewsDylanP

SWP played OK, not very well. He still can't cross or shoot. He couldn't get past Cole.

It was the same as ever; SWP in a good position, running with the ball and then nothing. To be fair he had two good passes; nothing fancy, but not a complete waste of time. He also helped out in defense, but he was still dead-end on terms of offense every time he got the ball.

So, it counts as an OK performance.

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 03:08 - Sep 16 with 2873 viewsJoolzz

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 02:26 - Sep 16 by DylanP

SWP played OK, not very well. He still can't cross or shoot. He couldn't get past Cole.

It was the same as ever; SWP in a good position, running with the ball and then nothing. To be fair he had two good passes; nothing fancy, but not a complete waste of time. He also helped out in defense, but he was still dead-end on terms of offense every time he got the ball.

Beg to differ.He was involved in breaking up countless chel attacks and provided the outball all the time.Against one of the best left-backs in world football,he didnt give him a moments peace and won that particular battle.In the 3rd quarter he intercepted 3 times,and gained more yards than any other wide receiver on the pitch
Login to get fewer ads

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 03:15 - Sep 16 with 2870 viewsHanwellHoop

Have to agree with Dylan. WTF?

Two amazing mf sitting on the bench. How the feck does he get ahead of them? Dont give me some cack about defensive responsibilities.

He ain't the answer - for any question.

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 04:06 - Sep 16 with 2857 viewsQPR_ARG

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 02:26 - Sep 16 by DylanP

I saw the same match you saw, mate.

Agree 100%.
Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 04:12 - Sep 16 with 2853 viewsDylanP

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 03:15 - Sep 16 by HanwellHoop

Have to agree with Dylan. WTF?

Two amazing mf sitting on the bench. How the feck does he get ahead of them? Dont give me some cack about defensive responsibilities.

He ain't the answer - for any question.

To misuse a very old joke ...if SWP is the answer, it must have been a bloody stupid question!

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 04:15 - Sep 16 with 2852 viewsqprmick

The lynch mobs would have been out if a penalty had been given against SWP. I am glad Adel has a long contract.

Qprmick

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 05:51 - Sep 16 with 2821 viewsBklynRanger

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 22:37 - Sep 15 by Jamie

To try and stop Cole & Bertrand having a field day down the left hand side.

Could've been end of thread...

SWP isn't the player who we thought we were buying. He cost multi-millions and sat on the bench, and now he's not going to come off that bench and re-live his wasted years.

But Hughes has begun to trust him to know the spaces against big teams that roving left backs and their tart wingers are looking to exploit, to get in the way and to push the ball forward or out to the wing in response to that. And today he did that very well.

I couldn't fcuking stand the sight of the bloke for most of last season, but since the Man City game (last season) he seems to have grown into that role of destroyer/provider.

I wouldn't start him against Spurs - Spurs are gash
Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 08:30 - Sep 16 with 2716 viewsWestonsuperR

Poor passer of the ball who has an almost complete inability to get past a player. SWP had 70+ attempts at goal in the Prem last season without scoring (second only to Downing) and has added a few more this season. Hoilett scored 7 goals and 6 assists in 2011/12.

As much as SWP brings something to the team defensively those stats alone should surely mean Hoilett starts. Hoilett did miss most of pre-season with us, I wonder if there are fitness concerns hence his exclusion.
Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 13:29 - Sep 16 with 2481 viewsWokingR

Considering the impact he had on the game when he came on at Man City I would have played Dyer over any of the others
Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 15:26 - Sep 16 with 2389 viewsak68

There was talk at the time of a tribunal resolving Hoilet's fee. Did anything come of this?
Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 15:31 - Sep 16 with 2371 viewsSuffolk

Perhaps if SWP performed a few step overs before losing the ball everyone would get off his case.
Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 15:34 - Sep 16 with 2362 viewsVancouverHoop

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 05:51 - Sep 16 by BklynRanger

Could've been end of thread...

SWP isn't the player who we thought we were buying. He cost multi-millions and sat on the bench, and now he's not going to come off that bench and re-live his wasted years.

But Hughes has begun to trust him to know the spaces against big teams that roving left backs and their tart wingers are looking to exploit, to get in the way and to push the ball forward or out to the wing in response to that. And today he did that very well.

I couldn't fcuking stand the sight of the bloke for most of last season, but since the Man City game (last season) he seems to have grown into that role of destroyer/provider.

I wouldn't start him against Spurs - Spurs are gash

"I couldn't fcuking stand the sight of the bloke for most of last season, but since the Man City game (last season) he seems to have grown into that role of destroyer/provider."

This. Recently he's become like a back-checking forward in ice-hockey. You play him against a team with fast, skilled, 'break-out' forwards, but not when you're up against one who's build up is slow. Hughes got it right yesterday.
Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 15:46 - Sep 16 with 2331 viewsJamie

Expect he will start next weekend too v Bale.
Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 17:24 - Sep 16 with 2227 viewsRangersAreBack

Given the choice, Hughes will always value team ethic and hard work over maverick individuals. SWP may lack in the attacking third but he always works hard for the team defensively. The challenge is there for Adel and Junior to mature into complete players before Mark decides to scour the market for a replacement.
Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 17:28 - Sep 16 with 2217 viewsJamie

Hoilett will get plenty of games. Hughes knows him and will unleash him on the 'lesser' teams imo.

Presuming Diakite can come back at the same level he showed last season, Taarabt is in a straight fight with Granero for a game IMO and its not one I can see him winning.
Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 18:05 - Sep 16 with 2171 viewsJoolzz

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 17:28 - Sep 16 by Jamie

Hoilett will get plenty of games. Hughes knows him and will unleash him on the 'lesser' teams imo.

Presuming Diakite can come back at the same level he showed last season, Taarabt is in a straight fight with Granero for a game IMO and its not one I can see him winning.

what on earth makes you think Adel is in a fight with Granero??...Adel will play on one of the 2 flanks in a 442 or behind a lone striker...Ale,Granero,Samba and Derry with maybe also Dyer for CM.Hoilett,Park,SWP,Adel will be the players fighting for 2 places...
Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 18:07 - Sep 16 with 2168 viewsRangersAreBack

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 17:28 - Sep 16 by Jamie

Adel rarely plays in central mid because he's too much of a luxury in such a critical position. He's more likely to be deployed in a 5 man midfield or as a replacement on the flanks. With the better talent we now have at our disposal, he has little chance of being utilised as a central midfielder in a 4-4-2 formation.
Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 18:19 - Sep 16 with 2148 viewsJamie

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 18:05 - Sep 16 by Joolzz

what on earth makes you think Adel is in a fight with Granero??...Adel will play on one of the 2 flanks in a 442 or behind a lone striker...Ale,Granero,Samba and Derry with maybe also Dyer for CM.Hoilett,Park,SWP,Adel will be the players fighting for 2 places...

In the long run, we're not going be going 4-4-2.

-----------Faurlin--------Diakite------

Park/Hoilett----Granero-----Hoilett/Park

----------------Zamora-------------

Is how I personally expect us to set up, IF as said above Diakite can find his way back to last seasons form. I appreciate many will disagree, but I see Taarabt doing a lot of bench warming this season.
Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 00:01 - Sep 17 with 2025 viewssmegma

Why is SWP starting over Hoillet and Taarabt? on 03:08 - Sep 16 by Joolzz

Beg to differ.He was involved in breaking up countless chel attacks and provided the outball all the time.Against one of the best left-backs in world football,he didnt give him a moments peace and won that particular battle.In the 3rd quarter he intercepted 3 times,and gained more yards than any other wide receiver on the pitch

But he doesn't spend enough game time in the end zone but more in defense.Hes supposed to be an offensive player (not like JT though !)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024