Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... 10:44 - Oct 4 with 7163 viewsjeffro

The fact that Steve Clarke has noticed that Hughes hasnt noticed that playing a big black destroyer in the middle of the park will win them the game. Playing a big lump up top will completely bully our defence and cause issues?

Welcome, Lukaku, Mulumbo, Olson & The rest of the WBA giants.

PLease Hughes, if you do anything, start Hoilett & Adel, play to our strengths and go to win a bloody game away from home for once!!
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 22:18 - Oct 4 with 855 viewsQPR_Nippon

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 22:00 - Oct 4 by jamois

Just seen that Steve Clarke has ruled out 4 players for the weekend: Chris Brunt, Billy Jones, Steven Reid and Boaz Myhill. Other than Brunt I don't know them well enough to know whether the others are starters. But Brunt has certainly caused us problems in the past.

Reid and Jones have been sharing the right back spot so far. Tamas is their likely replacement.

Brunt will probably be replaced by Dorrans - who has also caused us problems in the past! Got the winner against us last season.
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 22:26 - Oct 4 with 846 viewsNorthernr

Those absences didn't both them greatly in the second half at Villa. Their replacements knew their roles and slotted straight in.
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 22:45 - Oct 4 with 834 viewsdaveB

half the squad haven't been here long enough to lose confidence in hughes so not sure where this nonsence about dressing room being lost comes from, it wasn't lost at Spurs 2 weeks ago, one bad game and it's the end of the world.

I fancy us to win on Saturday
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 08:41 - Oct 5 with 791 viewsAGEREPC01

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 12:52 - Oct 4 by QPR_Nippon

Ideally we'd have Mbia in the middle of midfield to give us a more muscular presence but I think he'll be needed to play in the back four. So, assuming that's the case, that's the front 6 I would go with.

I like this string. The Original post is quite brilliant and speaks well of Steve Clark.

The concept of bullying in the center-midfield is very accurate, and one Hughes should like. I say we adapt to a similar formation;

Bosingwa-Anton-Nelsen-Onuha(4)
with Mbia/Samba and Ali Holding midfield(2)
then Hoilet-Granero-Taarbs(3)
then Zam(1)

Park: fills for Hoilet/Taarbs, Derry can sub in the holding roles.
I like Cisse/Jamie as fill ins on the right of Granny.

stainrod81

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 09:15 - Oct 5 with 777 viewsShotKneesHoop

Hughes planning should focus on playing his best side as often as possible, leaving SWP and Park out as often as possible.

That way, he might just start to build up the team spirit that was obvious at the end of last season.

Otherwise the fans will stop going as often as possible because they have lost belief in the team. And we're close enough to that already with the prices charged.

I wonder if the Mittals feel the same way?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 09:22 - Oct 5 with 769 viewssevenhoop

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 10:52 - Oct 4 by Northernr

I watched West Brom on Sunday and this is basically going to be Reading and West Ham all over again if we're not very careful. As you say they have two very strong holding midfielders in Mulumbu and Yacob, a frightening looking back four in front of a good goalkeeper and then in the lone striker role they can either pose a serious goal threat with Long or a big physical threat with Lukaku. They also have some very talented, smaller, ball playing types for the three man supporting cast including Morrison and Brunt who gave us a tough time last season.

Of course if QPR lined up in a similar way people would moan about us picking one up front.

West Brom are big and physical where they need to be and controlled, composed and creative in other areas. They're very well drilled and coached and everybody knows their job. Like I say, Reading and West Ham all over again.

If we pick a four man midfield with Park and SWP in it again then 90% of my faith in Hughes will evaporate and to be honest I'll consider heading back to the pub before it's even kicked off.

cheers Norf, that's cheered me up...
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 09:28 - Oct 5 with 762 viewsDesertBoot

I caught a bit of the live press conference before the streaming halted then returned mute.
The injured defensive quartet are all unlikely to make it tomorrow, though we are still "waiting".
The mood in the camp is "frustration" as we've put in some excellent performances this season particularly at Manchester City.
It then returned with him praising Steve Clarke and his great start to being a number 1.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 16:31 - Oct 5 with 743 viewsW7Ranger

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 22:26 - Oct 4 by Northernr

Those absences didn't both them greatly in the second half at Villa. Their replacements knew their roles and slotted straight in.

*bother

Login to get fewer ads

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 16:37 - Oct 5 with 741 viewsPinnerPaul

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 10:52 - Oct 4 by Northernr

I watched West Brom on Sunday and this is basically going to be Reading and West Ham all over again if we're not very careful. As you say they have two very strong holding midfielders in Mulumbu and Yacob, a frightening looking back four in front of a good goalkeeper and then in the lone striker role they can either pose a serious goal threat with Long or a big physical threat with Lukaku. They also have some very talented, smaller, ball playing types for the three man supporting cast including Morrison and Brunt who gave us a tough time last season.

Of course if QPR lined up in a similar way people would moan about us picking one up front.

West Brom are big and physical where they need to be and controlled, composed and creative in other areas. They're very well drilled and coached and everybody knows their job. Like I say, Reading and West Ham all over again.

If we pick a four man midfield with Park and SWP in it again then 90% of my faith in Hughes will evaporate and to be honest I'll consider heading back to the pub before it's even kicked off.

Blimey WBA sound so good they must be looking at a CL place at least!
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 16:41 - Oct 5 with 738 viewsPinnerPaul

Bloody amazing the number of level 1 coaches who post on here.

Funny how supporters' tactical nous increases in inverse proportion to how the team is doing!

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 16:48 - Oct 5 with 733 viewsSomersetHoops

Does anyone think we will win this game?

Who's Next?

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 16:51 - Oct 5 with 728 viewsJamie

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 16:41 - Oct 5 by PinnerPaul

Funny how supporters' tactical nous increases in inverse proportion to how the team is doing!

True of course.

But then, Stevie Wonder could see after a few minutes that it just wasn't working on Monday. It took Hughes 55.

I hereby demand Stevie take charge immediately.
Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 21:57 - Oct 5 with 711 viewsTW_R

Do we reckon that Hughes Meticulous planning has included.... on 16:41 - Oct 5 by PinnerPaul

Sorry. Would you prefer us to talk about how Norwich should line up at the weekend?
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024