Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Change yes or no 15:55 - Nov 4 with 6828 viewsRangersDave

Ok, a "must win" match wasn't, and we are a heck of a way into the season.

On the premis that a new manager will need bedding in time and a fair shout at the market when it re opens in January........

And following on from last weeks poll here........do we change now?
(I ask because it would be interesting to canvas opinions based on people's previous thoughts I.e have you changed your mind)

I vote yes

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Change yes or no on 18:42 - Nov 4 with 902 viewsjamois

I am on my final straw. And it's very a thin one. Absolute last chance saloon. So a very tricksy No from me. But it will be a tricksy yes in about 10 days.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Change yes or no on 18:53 - Nov 4 with 878 viewscobbleR

Change yes or no on 16:18 - Nov 4 by BerkoRanger

And also, sadly, a yes from me, but on the basis of we haven't managed to win one away game in the year that Mark has been here. And I don't like the 4-5-1 formation,especially at home.
Incidentally, did anyone see Cisse interviewed on Sky after the game - he was asked if he thought QPR was good enough to stay up - he looked very negative and said they would keep working hard. If the Board see this....well, it spoke volumes.
Harry has experience of getting teams up the league and he is a huge fan of Ryan Nelson, who would probably be Captain. And, two of his coaches are Clive Allen and Les Ferdinand. Do I need to go on.....

No. No guarantee that the board would want to buy a load of new players in Jan anyway so stick with him.

Also, when he took over Fulham and Blackburn they were in or near the bottom 3 and they both ended up top 10 teams so he has more experience than most in getting a team up the league.......and certainly more than Harry. It's bad but it's not that bad yet!

So, no from here and even if it was Yes it would be a massive NO for Harry.

Change yes or no on 18:58 - Nov 4 with 872 viewsClubber

I honestly think when mbia is back we have a very good team but,we don't have a manager who knows how to play them . F**k Harry ,spurs supporters didn't cry when he left . Unless Martinez will come (or Gerry ,but that's probably just me! ) we should stick in case it clicks .Then again ,i have watched the bad Howe , Francis and Holloway teams and always had the feeling things would get better. Not this time and he has spent 70 million . Truth is i don't know

"My prediction?. . . . . . . . . pain"

Change yes or no on 18:58 - Nov 4 with 870 viewsblavod

The tactics are wrong and the team are losing their belief.

There is no way Hughes can turn this disaster around, his departure is inevitable.

Fernandes needs to face up to the fact he got it wrong and act now.

Every day he delays just makes it harder for whoever takes over.
Change yes or no on 18:59 - Nov 4 with 867 viewsPizanti

Yes, Yes, Yes
Change yes or no on 19:00 - Nov 4 with 862 viewswittle

it was yes last week and an even bigger yes this week
Change yes or no on 19:05 - Nov 4 with 856 viewsTHEBUSH

Change yes or no on 18:53 - Nov 4 by cobbleR

No. No guarantee that the board would want to buy a load of new players in Jan anyway so stick with him.

Also, when he took over Fulham and Blackburn they were in or near the bottom 3 and they both ended up top 10 teams so he has more experience than most in getting a team up the league.......and certainly more than Harry. It's bad but it's not that bad yet!

So, no from here and even if it was Yes it would be a massive NO for Harry.

If it was garanteed we'd stay up with a new manager, I'd obviously say `YES'
But there are no garantees, so it has to be`NO'

I can understand why some of our fans don't like Hughes, as personally I'm not that keen on his style of management.
I'd prefer someone who showed more passion, but one of the best managers ever, was Alf Ramsey and he never showed much emotion.
Change yes or no on 19:10 - Nov 4 with 846 viewsjamois

Change yes or no on 19:05 - Nov 4 by THEBUSH

I can understand why some of our fans don't like Hughes, as personally I'm not that keen on his style of management.
I'd prefer someone who showed more passion, but one of the best managers ever, was Alf Ramsey and he never showed much emotion.

It's got nothing to do with 'passion'. I am continually surprised at:

a) how tactically inept we appear to be
b) how appalling our defence is and that it seems 'un-coached'
c) that he cannot seem to pick our best players or know what best formation to play them in
d) that worryingly, the team now appears to lack passion. and belief.

All of this is down to Hughes. I never thought I'd be thinking this but there you go. I couldn't give a t*ss about his personality, but the fact is he is doing a very good impression of a poor and clueless manager. I half expect him to run down the touchline soon, thumping his chest and shouting "pride" at the players.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Login to get fewer ads

Change yes or no on 19:13 - Nov 4 with 839 viewsTGRRRSSS

Yeah on basis of often overrun in midfield and defence, well...........
Change yes or no on 19:16 - Nov 4 with 833 viewssimmohoopster

Change yes or no on 19:10 - Nov 4 by jamois

c) that he cannot seem to pick our best players or know what best formation to play them in

All of this is down to Hughes. I never thought I'd be thinking this but there you go. I couldn't give a t*ss about his personality, but the fact is he is doing a very good impression of a poor and clueless manager. I half expect him to run down the touchline soon, thumping his chest and shouting "pride" at the players.

All of the above.

Warnock was a better manager than Hughes is. We should never have got rid of him
Change yes or no on 19:16 - Nov 4 with 832 viewsblavod

Change yes or no on 19:05 - Nov 4 by THEBUSH

Surely the one guarantee (for many of us) is that we will go down if Hughes stays.
Change yes or no on 19:27 - Nov 4 with 818 viewscobbleR

Change yes or no on 19:16 - Nov 4 by simmohoopster

All of the above.

Warnock was a better manager than Hughes is. We should never have got rid of him

Based on what? His record?

Warnock got promoted to the top division, what, twice in his whole managerial career...... and that's about the best he's ever done. I'm not knocking him as I and am sure most are very grateful for what he did but to say he is better than hughes is not just silly but wrong!
Hughes has only managed in the prem and never been down near the bottom in a full season......we should stick with him because his record says he WILL get us out of this......I know that's not a guarantee but is prob as good as we are gonna get.
Change yes or no on 19:33 - Nov 4 with 811 viewsClubber

Change yes or no on 19:27 - Nov 4 by cobbleR

Based on what? His record?

Warnock got promoted to the top division, what, twice in his whole managerial career...... and that's about the best he's ever done. I'm not knocking him as I and am sure most are very grateful for what he did but to say he is better than hughes is not just silly but wrong!
Hughes has only managed in the prem and never been down near the bottom in a full season......we should stick with him because his record says he WILL get us out of this......I know that's not a guarantee but is prob as good as we are gonna get.

Based on watching Rangers !

"My prediction?. . . . . . . . . pain"

Change yes or no on 19:35 - Nov 4 with 804 viewskropotkin41

Gawd! I just don't know.

My heart is increasingly saying that we need to change. I have read pretty much every post and every article and watched every game (albeit online)....... and I am sure it's not working as it is........

If any mere mortal had done his/her job as unsuccessfully as MH has for so long I reckon they'd be in final warning territory.......... but how many more games can we waste?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Change yes or no on 19:38 - Nov 4 with 800 viewskensalriser

Change yes or no on 16:50 - Nov 4 by wombat

Kensal do you,honesty see this team winning at stoke next sat ? Sorry we will be bullied in midfield at the start and battered by there front two , so bugger all there pretty much the same as most of the away games under Hughes really

Nope. I wasn't thrilled when Hughes was appointed and have seen nothing to make me think I was wrong. Two games' time is just where I've drawn my personal line.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Change yes or no on 20:53 - Nov 4 with 781 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

No.

I'll even give him the inevitable draw (loss) at stoke

But anything less than a convincing win v southampton then yes

It's got to be Yarg

Change yes or no on 21:30 - Nov 4 with 754 viewsTHEBUSH

Change yes or no on 19:10 - Nov 4 by jamois

Any new manager don't garantee any of those things you want and it means the players will be starting again with new ideas from the next manager.

Anyway, I'm as pis sed off as you, all I want is a few wins, please MH !!

Change yes or no on 22:08 - Nov 4 with 737 viewsessextaxiboy

I have never called for a manager to be sacked not even Hart,

But I think its time he went , Pre season was not competitive enough , the 25 is unbalanced and injury prone.
The tactics and team selection seem to have no thought or vision and I honestly cannot see a consistent improvement from one game to the next.
Compared to Warnocks record with us in this league Hughes just doesnt stand up .
This viewpoint aligns me with some posters who I think are crackers so I am not comfortable with it but I think its the right way for our club to survive .

It takes guts and humility to admit that you were wrong . But TF needs to act now IMO.
Change yes or no on 22:12 - Nov 4 with 731 viewsCHUBBS

Change yes or no on 22:08 - Nov 4 by essextaxiboy

I have never called for a manager to be sacked not even Hart,

But I think its time he went , Pre season was not competitive enough , the 25 is unbalanced and injury prone.
The tactics and team selection seem to have no thought or vision and I honestly cannot see a consistent improvement from one game to the next.
Compared to Warnocks record with us in this league Hughes just doesnt stand up .
This viewpoint aligns me with some posters who I think are crackers so I am not comfortable with it but I think its the right way for our club to survive .

It takes guts and humility to admit that you were wrong . But TF needs to act now IMO.

I'm glad you've finally admitted you were wrong essex well done
Seriously results dictate the final outcome not performances so he must go.We still have plenty of time to save our selves but need to get a man in who knows what to do as MH clearly doesn't.Roberto Martinez is that man imo.
Change yes or no on 22:20 - Nov 4 with 723 viewsWatfordR

Change yes or no on 22:12 - Nov 4 by CHUBBS

I'm glad you've finally admitted you were wrong essex well done
Seriously results dictate the final outcome not performances so he must go.We still have plenty of time to save our selves but need to get a man in who knows what to do as MH clearly doesn't.Roberto Martinez is that man imo.

Just out of interest, how would you propose getting in a manager who is already under contract at Wigan? He's had opportunities to leave the club but is still there, so what makes you think he'd leave them mid season?

And how many times have Wigan started a season well under his stewardship? If he needs half a season before he gets his new charges going, how many snookers would we need to stay up?
Change yes or no on 22:21 - Nov 4 with 721 viewsmylot50years

Signs today that some of the players have had it with him and
his backrooms inability to set a team out to defend set pieces
And when things are clearly going wrong elswhere on the pitch
unable or maybe to obstinate to address them tactically
TF cant leave this any longer he must now see the
appointment has been a costly mistake and as much as we all
wanted it to work out the time has come to act and act NOW !
Change yes or no on 22:27 - Nov 4 with 711 viewsCHUBBS

Change yes or no on 22:20 - Nov 4 by WatfordR

Just out of interest, how would you propose getting in a manager who is already under contract at Wigan? He's had opportunities to leave the club but is still there, so what makes you think he'd leave them mid season?

And how many times have Wigan started a season well under his stewardship? If he needs half a season before he gets his new charges going, how many snookers would we need to stay up?

Attract him using the same tactic that gave us the pleasure of being interviewed by the worst manager i've had the displeasure of seeing at QPR money.
He struggles at Wigan because he has to sell his best players pre season so starts again with an inferior squad.
Our squad and potential is better than the club he's at and if we get in quickly with a good offer he may just fancy it.If he doesn't we try for the next in line.
Change yes or no on 22:35 - Nov 4 with 691 viewstom007

yes
28 games to go 14 home and 14 away
84 points to plat for on top of the 3 already collected makes total 87.
84 points still to play for , sounds good , anyone worrying you could possibly say with all the points possible you must be mad to be worrying , its too soon , we got plenty of time.
but have we , is it too soon to worry.
if we keep the manager what do we keep , well we keep a manager who has not won away from home in an eternity , some might say it has been bad luck and should have won a fair few of them .
i dont beleive in luck, for me you make your own luck.
if the away form continues and we do not win an away game under hughes if he stays then you got to suppose we may draw some looking at past results for us away it appears that another 3 points away until end of season appears to be favorable so that makes our great points total 6 .
last season we won 7 at home and drew 5 if that were to happen again that makes another 23 points taking in to account the 3 already draws that is.
so a total of 29 points.
when you consider what we have achieved this season so far i believe even that is a total that will be hard to reach.
there has been comparisons to derby and their worst ever points tally and currently at this point they actually had more points at this period than we have now.
it looks like being relegated is the least of our worries as there is a record of derby,s that needs to be beaten first.
i will know doubt have the usual battering for posting this and maybe 1-2 insults thrown my way for daring to look on the negatives but what exactly am i doing other than stating facts based on results thus far and in past.
i have mentioned nothing regarding management apart from if hughes stays so hughes lovers lol keep your hair on.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Change yes or no on 22:38 - Nov 4 with 689 viewseghamranger

No,but patience wearing very thin! tbf, think Hughes is alright, i just cant stand Hitchcock, he is ex scum and when they showed him earlier on the bench he was laughing! not saying that he cant laugh now and again, but as a fan im not finding matches funny at the mo!
Change yes or no on 22:49 - Nov 4 with 677 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Still a no. Don't worry, we won't go down this season. I say that every season and only been wrong twice so far, not bad odds...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024