Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Change yes or no 15:55 - Nov 4 with 6825 viewsRangersDave

Ok, a "must win" match wasn't, and we are a heck of a way into the season.

On the premis that a new manager will need bedding in time and a fair shout at the market when it re opens in January........

And following on from last weeks poll here........do we change now?
(I ask because it would be interesting to canvas opinions based on people's previous thoughts I.e have you changed your mind)

I vote yes

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Change yes or no on 22:53 - Nov 4 with 1030 viewsashward

Yes, where are the redeeming features? How can anyone honestly defend Hughes and the football we've been subjected to. No away wins, shocking.The only argument is 'stability', that's ok when your're mid table, working on a shoe string budget, seeing progression, or understand the plan. There is none of that just a disorganised rabble, who don't appear to give a toss for a team that has to stay up or the financial consequences are unthinkable. Give MH more time to groom his ego and arrogance and we will go down and he'll still walk away a rich man.

This is our time with the investment to cement our place in the PL for a good number of seasons. MH is doing a great job of blowing that. What a wasted opportunity. It could take the club many years to recover if that happens.
Change yes or no on 22:56 - Nov 4 with 1023 viewstom007

Change yes or no on 22:53 - Nov 4 by ashward

Yes, where are the redeeming features? How can anyone honestly defend Hughes and the football we've been subjected to. No away wins, shocking.The only argument is 'stability', that's ok when your're mid table, working on a shoe string budget, seeing progression, or understand the plan. There is none of that just a disorganised rabble, who don't appear to give a toss for a team that has to stay up or the financial consequences are unthinkable. Give MH more time to groom his ego and arrogance and we will go down and he'll still walk away a rich man.

This is our time with the investment to cement our place in the PL for a good number of seasons. MH is doing a great job of blowing that. What a wasted opportunity. It could take the club many years to recover if that happens.

agreed
Change yes or no on 06:06 - Nov 5 with 978 viewsozexile

Change yes or no on 22:56 - Nov 4 by tom007

agreed

Yes we are going nowhere. Awful recruitment , awful 25 man squad, awful fitness, awful tactics, awful defending and an awful
Points tally. Can anyone who is willing to defend Hughes please tell me what you are defending?
Change yes or no on 10:17 - Nov 5 with 934 viewsQPR_John

I say we change now and my reason is simple. Prior to yesterday we were not adrift but with the need to win two games to get out of the bottom three I think we are now. That was the turning point for me.
Change yes or no on 10:18 - Nov 5 with 931 viewsdaveB

it doesn't matter what we think, not a chance Hughes is going to get sacked
Change yes or no on 10:31 - Nov 5 with 909 viewsTHEBUSH

Change yes or no on 06:06 - Nov 5 by ozexile

Yes we are going nowhere. Awful recruitment , awful 25 man squad, awful fitness, awful tactics, awful defending and an awful
Points tally. Can anyone who is willing to defend Hughes please tell me what you are defending?

What makes you think a change of manager will bring success.
Most people thought when we changed NW things would improve.

These forums are great, but very unsettling.
Change yes or no on 10:33 - Nov 5 with 907 viewsderbyhoop

I'm not in the Hughes Out camp as yet. But we have to win at least 1 of the next 2 or I will be. IMHO Reading and Southampton are both going down and if we cannot beat them at home, we're in the brown sticky stuff. It's a results business and he's not not getting the results.

We need 2 wins to get out of the bottom 3 and no guarantee that will be enough.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Change yes or no on 10:46 - Nov 5 with 887 viewsJamie

Change yes or no on 10:18 - Nov 5 by daveB

This. Basically.

As said last night, TF is judging Hughes as a friend rather than an employee and clearly feels now that the mythical 10 (+18) games period has been passed, Hughes will mastermind our ascent to European glory.
Login to get fewer ads

Change yes or no on 10:47 - Nov 5 with 887 viewsadhoc_qpr

The fact that two back to back wins (something Hughes has never managed for us) will only take us out of the relegation zone based on how other teams do is shocking and Hughes has done a dreadful job to date...

I genuinely don't see how a change in manager could make us worse and what's the point in 'stability' if it doesn't bring about results on the pitch?

Pros for keeping Hughes - no payoff, stability, TF doesn't have to look stupid, we scraped survival last season so he might get lucky twice.

Cons for keeping Hughes - relegation very possible (likely even), poor and negative tactics, seeming lack of preperation, woeful team and squad selection (Green debacle, Young and DJ Campbell decisions, favouritism etc), poor motivation of team, persistent lack of dicipline, worst ever start from our most expensive ever squad, away form shocking etc etc.
Change yes or no on 11:50 - Nov 5 with 867 viewsRangersDave

Ah and here's an interesting thought...............

Mr Mittal, and TF's other partners in this wont want to see us in the Championship and the lack of media exposure this will bring will they?

I think it's only a matter of time, but how long do you give him? Taxi for Mr Hughes this morning for me i'm afraid.

Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Change yes or no on 11:52 - Nov 5 with 859 viewsozexile

Change yes or no on 10:31 - Nov 5 by THEBUSH

How can it possibly get any worse?
Change yes or no on 11:53 - Nov 5 with 850 viewsklr

Is it not clearly possible to everyone by now that we arent going to go on a run under Hughes ?

We have to get rid of him NOW, otherwise we will be RELEGATED.

Bring in a manager that will start a match with the aim of winning it, go and meet Harry in the pie & mash shop, I dont like him anymore than anyone else, but lets sort this all out now, its alright too late in a months time, its the end of our football club if we get relegated!
Change yes or no on 11:54 - Nov 5 with 856 viewsRangersDave

not half as unsettling as a manager that doesnt know his best team, gets subs wrong, gets the tactics wrong, has the team fitness wrong, has his 'if' interviews wrong etc.

Change yes or no on 12:06 - Nov 5 with 842 viewsnadera78

Change yes or no on 10:18 - Nov 5 by daveB

And it wouldn't matter anyway, the problems at this club run much deeper than Mark Hughes being the manager. It comes from the top and runs all the way through the club. We have owners who dream of signing international stars, playing in enormous stadia, mixing with the elite of world football, and basking in the associated glory of it all. This is the beautiful game for beautiful people.

That's why we have a squad of overpaid players with no pride in what they do, no commitment to the club or the fans, and accept no responsibility for anything they do. I mean, I sat and watched in disbelief yesterday as Bosingwa walked back into position whilst Reading broke away on the counter attack. Walked. Like he was having a kick around in training. And even when he made it back he still didn't mark his man. Who cares what happens on the pitch, the money's great, right?

This attitude is also why we still concede so many goals from set pieces, because no-one is prepared to accept that they're at fault. No-one is accountable in any way. There's always someone else to blame, whether it's the referee or an opponent, or just bad luck. And that attitude comes from the top and seeps through the entire club from the back room staff to the manager and coaches, and into the players.

What we actually need is an owner who is prepared to put in the hard work required to build a football club, not someone who thinks signing players from big name clubs will automatically make us a big name club too. The club is rotten, and if we don't get relegated this year then we will the next.
Change yes or no on 12:13 - Nov 5 with 834 viewsdaveB

Change yes or no on 12:06 - Nov 5 by nadera78

And it wouldn't matter anyway, the problems at this club run much deeper than Mark Hughes being the manager. It comes from the top and runs all the way through the club. We have owners who dream of signing international stars, playing in enormous stadia, mixing with the elite of world football, and basking in the associated glory of it all. This is the beautiful game for beautiful people.

That's why we have a squad of overpaid players with no pride in what they do, no commitment to the club or the fans, and accept no responsibility for anything they do. I mean, I sat and watched in disbelief yesterday as Bosingwa walked back into position whilst Reading broke away on the counter attack. Walked. Like he was having a kick around in training. And even when he made it back he still didn't mark his man. Who cares what happens on the pitch, the money's great, right?

This attitude is also why we still concede so many goals from set pieces, because no-one is prepared to accept that they're at fault. No-one is accountable in any way. There's always someone else to blame, whether it's the referee or an opponent, or just bad luck. And that attitude comes from the top and seeps through the entire club from the back room staff to the manager and coaches, and into the players.

What we actually need is an owner who is prepared to put in the hard work required to build a football club, not someone who thinks signing players from big name clubs will automatically make us a big name club too. The club is rotten, and if we don't get relegated this year then we will the next.

round of applause for this fella, agree with every word of that
Change yes or no on 12:19 - Nov 5 with 828 viewsisawqpratwcity

Jeez, I think that's a bit strong, nadera78.

I didn't see Bosingwa being as lackadaisical on the (admittedly crap) link I was watching, but if that behaviour was there it would best be addressed by the manager and captain as a matter of priority.

As for rich owners being the problem, hell no, it is near impossible to succeed in football these days without rich owners who are prepared to invest.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Change yes or no on 12:37 - Nov 5 with 814 viewsfinesse

No. If he gets sacked I can see the whole thing imploding and we'll go down for sure.
Change yes or no on 12:38 - Nov 5 with 809 viewsnadera78

Change yes or no on 12:19 - Nov 5 by isawqpratwcity

Jeez, I think that's a bit strong, nadera78.

I didn't see Bosingwa being as lackadaisical on the (admittedly crap) link I was watching, but if that behaviour was there it would best be addressed by the manager and captain as a matter of priority.

As for rich owners being the problem, hell no, it is near impossible to succeed in football these days without rich owners who are prepared to invest.

Bosingwa's attitude was deplorable, but sadly too common. A couple of minutes after that incident Reading had a corner and Bosingwa actually walked away from his man whilst the ball was in the air, who then rose to head the ball just wide of the post. Couldn't care less what happened, and that runs throughout the squad.

I didn't say the owners wealth was a problem, it's their attitude and their approach to what they're doing. They should be building a football club but instead seem desperate to play fantasy football.
Change yes or no on 12:52 - Nov 5 with 795 viewsRs_Holy

Change yes or no on 12:38 - Nov 5 by nadera78

Bosingwa's attitude was deplorable, but sadly too common. A couple of minutes after that incident Reading had a corner and Bosingwa actually walked away from his man whilst the ball was in the air, who then rose to head the ball just wide of the post. Couldn't care less what happened, and that runs throughout the squad.

I didn't say the owners wealth was a problem, it's their attitude and their approach to what they're doing. They should be building a football club but instead seem desperate to play fantasy football.

anyone remember Steve Morrow? Yes the guy who we all thought was toilet because he kept falling over (resulting in a goal) and looked like he didn't care.

I remember reading an interview (a good few years ago) when he was playing/coaching in Dallas. Turns out he wasn't that bad! Basically he said how difficult it was to get motivated at little old QPR when he had been used to playing for the mighty arsenal!

Wonder how many other of our stars will have a similar story when they move on to another club???
Change yes or no on 12:58 - Nov 5 with 785 viewsQPunkR

Change yes or no on 10:31 - Nov 5 by THEBUSH

I vote 'yes' to a change.

And the reason I think a new manager could bring success would be because we could bring in someone who actually coaches his players rather than sitting in his office, and has an actual plan. ie not Redknapp.

QPR - "shit but local"

Change yes or no on 13:04 - Nov 5 with 779 viewsPhildo

Got to agree with that - are you Dave Mc in disguise because that's pretty much what he has been saying since before the season started.
Change yes or no on 13:13 - Nov 5 with 765 viewsnadera78

Change yes or no on 13:04 - Nov 5 by Phildo

Got to agree with that - are you Dave Mc in disguise because that's pretty much what he has been saying since before the season started.

Dave Mcintyre takes it a step further than me I think, and is pretty dismissive of more or less everything the club is doing. I can see what they're trying to do with the academy and scouting, etc, but I just think they don't understand football or QPR. Which is quite worrying.
Change yes or no on 13:29 - Nov 5 with 751 viewsJamie

Change yes or no on 14:32 - Nov 5 with 729 viewsMonahoop

Nadera78 quotes a lot of sense. Quite thought provoking and making one stop in their tracks when it comes to slating MH all the time, myself included. Now I'm not going to change my opinion of MH because of this piece, I've never liked him both as a player and a manager. But rumblings and discontent at a club do often come from within somewhere else. I'm not advocating that TF is the problem here [yet], but some might read into this as such and go on a 'let's kick out our owners' rampage as with and deservedly so with the last lot. But in a quiet dark corner at the back of your mind, a little doubt could be beginning to stir. We and fans of other clubs all strive success and stability, but do we have the correct team both on and off the field and the resources to do so to be effective? Lots of well meaning and promising words and have been spoken about QPR's future from certain quarters, but words mean nothing when the product malfunctions or fails to deliver as we are witnessing at present.

So who is really to blame for our lack of ambition at this level on the field at the moment? The manager, the players,the agents, the coaching staff, the owners, the tea lady? Maybe all of them!
You choose.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024