Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lillis 13:23 - Nov 25 with 4174 viewsirisaln

Just watched the goals at Southend!

Yes, poor defending, failure to closen down.

But Lillis ???????

Had many fine games but very inconsistant.
Lillis on 13:28 - Nov 25 with 4159 viewsDySporting

This could have been a turning point a two footed challenge after the ball had a gone. Not even a booking
Lillis on 13:36 - Nov 25 with 4123 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

No keeper would of saved the first 2 Southend Goal's never saw the 3rd as we went just before it

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Lillis on 14:05 - Nov 25 with 4067 viewsprestondale

Lillis on 13:36 - Nov 25 by DaleAwaydayBot

No keeper would of saved the first 2 Southend Goal's never saw the 3rd as we went just before it

The first goal was a shot that went through our defenders legs as he tried to block the shot. Lillis didn't have much chance with that.

Second goal was clearly his error with him flapping at the ball as it came over. He dive to his right to catch/parry the ball away dropping it into the path of one of their players. That goal was within two minutes of the first and killed us off!

Third goal he had no chance - it was finished well by their player.

One of our main problems is that we turn an attacking play so quickly into an error leading to a breakaway cance for the opposition. The two "wing" backs being caught out of position exposing our central midfield/defenders. That''s my opinion anyway.
Lillis on 14:05 - Nov 25 with 4067 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Lillis on 13:28 - Nov 25 by DySporting

This could have been a turning point a two footed challenge after the ball had a gone. Not even a booking

Glad you've come on DY....

......How do I get to see your fine Galleries these days?

Did you not used to link them on here?

I am not a Twitter?Facebook etc etc user.

The OS is useless,never use it.
Lillis on 14:15 - Nov 25 with 4043 viewsTVOS1907

Lillis on 14:05 - Nov 25 by Yorkshire_Dale

No idea what's happened with the o/s galleries, but Twitter/Facebook are the only way you can view them online.

They will also be in future editions of TVOS.

I think there were some issues with WiFi or some other technology yesterday which meant he couldn't upload them during the game.

Either that or it was too wet for his phone!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Lillis on 14:17 - Nov 25 with 4031 viewsDySporting

Problems still with dales's os galleries hence the twitter pics from the games this season and I can't set up unofficial galleries myself
Lillis on 15:10 - Nov 25 with 3975 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Lillis on 14:17 - Nov 25 by DySporting

Problems still with dales's os galleries hence the twitter pics from the games this season and I can't set up unofficial galleries myself

Sadly missed.
Lillis on 15:32 - Nov 25 with 3948 viewsrichfoad32

Haven't seen the highlights but my take on the second goal was he was cheating and shading off his line in anticipation of a cross being pulled back. The subsequent power of the cross/shot then caught him out and he was unable to adjust his body quickly enough and all he could do was parry it out straight to Tomlin.

Or summat like that. Hey, what do I know?
Login to get fewer ads

Lillis on 16:50 - Nov 25 with 3849 views442Dale

You don't need to be a twitter user to see his pictures - just bookmark his twitter page.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Lillis on 17:17 - Nov 25 with 3805 viewsYouTubeDale

Lillis on 14:05 - Nov 25 by prestondale

The first goal was a shot that went through our defenders legs as he tried to block the shot. Lillis didn't have much chance with that.

Second goal was clearly his error with him flapping at the ball as it came over. He dive to his right to catch/parry the ball away dropping it into the path of one of their players. That goal was within two minutes of the first and killed us off!

Third goal he had no chance - it was finished well by their player.

One of our main problems is that we turn an attacking play so quickly into an error leading to a breakaway cance for the opposition. The two "wing" backs being caught out of position exposing our central midfield/defenders. That''s my opinion anyway.

The third goal...
I don't blame Lillis for coming off his line and it is instinct to come out but if he had stayed on his line then I am sure he would have saved it. As it happened, he raced towards Laird with his hands held high in an attempt to block the shot. Just as he was going to collide with Laird he had to pull his arms down to defend himself, and at that split second when his arms had come down the ball left the ground to go over Lillis and into an empty net.

He was unlucky with their first - very nearly getting a fingertip on the ball.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Lillis on 08:37 - Nov 26 with 3594 viewsdingdangblue

We've just gone 5 league games unbeaten with Lillis in goal - he's a good keeper.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Lillis on 11:00 - Nov 26 with 3517 viewsD_Dale

Lillis on 13:36 - Nov 25 by DaleAwaydayBot

It's a long way to go and leave 15+ minutes before the end. As for Lillis, the Sky commentator does blame him: http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,16479_8281908,00.html - but the whole defence looked vulnerable to Southend's attackers. Lillis does tend to rush out when he's not much chance of getting first to the ball, and watching the third goal it does look like an error (but it's too easy to make judgements after the event),
Lillis on 21:06 - Nov 26 with 3309 viewsPops2

Lillis on 11:00 - Nov 26 by D_Dale

It's a long way to go and leave 15+ minutes before the end. As for Lillis, the Sky commentator does blame him: http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,16479_8281908,00.html - but the whole defence looked vulnerable to Southend's attackers. Lillis does tend to rush out when he's not much chance of getting first to the ball, and watching the third goal it does look like an error (but it's too easy to make judgements after the event),

Thanks for giving them confidence before the cup clash.
Lillis on 21:20 - Nov 26 with 3287 viewsTVOS1907

Lillis on 21:06 - Nov 26 by Pops2

Thanks for giving them confidence before the cup clash.

They had enough of that with the two away games in the previous week.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024