Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. 09:41 - Nov 28 with 4350 viewsJim

I felt it wasn't too bad in the circumstances - reasonable percentage of our home crowds - and having made the effort like some others I don't want to get up and read that in my dressing gown and slippers.

Speaking about 'arry they say: "High up in the stands 375 - NOW THAT IS EMBARRASSING - travelling fans chanted his name."

Why do we have to put up with this? If Tony is to realise his ambition and turn us into a global brand we can do without such snide digs.

They want us replaced by bigger clubs but we have earned the right to play in the Premier League.

On another point the injury to Cesar is good - I know 'arry was going to drop him anyway because he rates Rob highly.

I do fear teams will pepper him now though because of his vulnerability to shots from outside the area. At least he will command the defence.

We still look really weak up front - Sunderland are the worst side we have played this season but we never looked like scoring.
Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 09:44 - Nov 28 with 2927 viewsLofthope

Watched it on a stream last night and all you could hear was Rangers fans singing.

Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 09:48 - Nov 28 with 2900 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sorry, man, but what would you expect from that bundle of filth.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 09:50 - Nov 28 with 2887 viewswillis1980

The daily nazi can jog the fark on, i doubt which ever dipstick wrote that piece didnt take into account where sunderland is in relation to the bush, where tuesday falls in the working week and the issue the weather played with people travelling up to the northeast etc
Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 09:51 - Nov 28 with 2885 viewsToast_R

Absolute f*cking arsehole whoever wrote that.

Midweek game, a few hundred miles up North, shite weather causing flooding, possibilities of postponement, with xmas fast approaching on the back of awful performances on the road, is it any wonder many fans couldnt make this one?

Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 10:16 - Nov 28 with 2780 viewsYorkRanger

Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 09:51 - Nov 28 by Toast_R

Absolute f*cking arsehole whoever wrote that.

Midweek game, a few hundred miles up North, shite weather causing flooding, possibilities of postponement, with xmas fast approaching on the back of awful performances on the road, is it any wonder many fans couldnt make this one?

No point worrying about what is written in the Daily Mail. It must have escaped them that about half of Yorkshire and the North East was flooded then. I for one had to abort my journey and turn back becasue of problems on my route.
Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 10:46 - Nov 28 with 2669 viewsthemodfather

Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 10:16 - Nov 28 by YorkRanger

No point worrying about what is written in the Daily Mail. It must have escaped them that about half of Yorkshire and the North East was flooded then. I for one had to abort my journey and turn back becasue of problems on my route.

ok, there was rain..some worried the game may be off
also, many down south, in reality work and it's a long trek, midweek
why we were sent there midweek is a mystery only the fa computer knows cos we could have been at swans,villa,saints,reading or a number of london clubs!
Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 10:53 - Nov 28 with 2634 viewsSpiritofGregory

Jim, are you a Fulham fan?
Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 11:04 - Nov 28 with 2601 viewsJonDoeman

Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 10:53 - Nov 28 by SpiritofGregory

Jim, are you a Fulham fan?

Can't believe he's getting bites with this, I doubt Fulham would have had the 75.

Well done to all who went
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

It Is What It Is !!

Login to get fewer ads

Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 11:30 - Nov 28 with 2534 viewsDWQPR

I was one of the 375 and I had the luxury of only having to travel from Milton Keynes. Personally I thought it looked more than that, and certainly sounded much more. And given the fact that the A1 was flooded just south of Catterick, meaning a detour through some country lanes, pissing down with rain most of the journey, rock bottom of the league with no wins and the worst away record in living memory, oh and not forgetting that it was a Tuesday night in late November, with the majority of supporters travelling 300+ miles to get there, I think that the turn out was more than admirable. And then on the way back to find out that the Highways Agency had SHUT the A1(M) just north of the M1 interchange, you could not get a better recipe for staying at home. Yet 375 didn't. It is easy to be a glory hunting caaaaant and turn up at games knowing you are going to win, but this is not what supporting QPR is all about.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 11:31 - Nov 28 with 2532 viewsSuffolkHoop

Why would anyone care what the DM thinks? They're idiots. End.
Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 11:36 - Nov 28 with 2511 viewsRangersw12

Definitely a Fulham fan but what makes me laugh is they would probably only take that amount on a Sat 3pm
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 11:42 - Nov 28 with 2478 viewsdaveB

we give it plenty when other teams take that number away so should expect it back when it's us. To be fair though I'm surprised we took that many, fair play to everyone who went
Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 12:02 - Nov 28 with 2414 viewsWestbourneR

Yeah that's right let's justify the Fulham troll's decision to register a profile and then post negative comments about our away support. Of course.

Pathetic. Almost as pathetic as Fulham's support everywhere they go.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 12:03 - Nov 28 with 2411 viewsJonDoeman

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2239408/Sunderland-0-QPR-0--ma

It does say it, I thought the wum was making it up!
But 'Michael Walker' did publish that, now that is "pathetic" journalism!

It Is What It Is !!

Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 12:22 - Nov 28 with 2351 viewsPinnerPaul

Also had a dig about not printing league table in our matchday programme for a sunday match.

As I pointed out hardly any point when completly out of date.

They repeated same dig for our next Sunday match!

Southampton match? surprise surprise we DID publish the league table.

Their match preview for last night? The "team line up" was just the team from Saturday.

Incompetence is even worse than bias IMHO.
Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 12:27 - Nov 28 with 2307 viewsJim

Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 12:03 - Nov 28 by JonDoeman

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2239408/Sunderland-0-QPR-0--ma

I don't like all this abuse - I'm fourth generation and was there last night. I thought it was a good turn out considering we look doomed.

'arry would probably have been a bit disappointed after being used to Spurs and Pompey - who always seem to travel in good numbers.

I fear the gap's getting too wide to bridge now - if Saints win tonight it will be a chasm.

I saw Villa live earlier this season with a friend and don't be fooled by their league position - they are very well organised and hard to break down.

I suspect they will come for a 0-0 looking to frustrate and if they nick one on the break they will see it as a bonus.

Our lack of strikers is finding us out - why did we sign those Foolham sick-notes?
Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 12:30 - Nov 28 with 2289 viewsJim

Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 12:03 - Nov 28 by JonDoeman

Not a Wum. I'm simply saying these papers should not be so disrespectful to us. What's wrong with that? I'm fourth generation.
Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 12:36 - Nov 28 with 2272 viewstoboboly

Your comment regarding Green was clearly WUM.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 12:38 - Nov 28 with 2265 viewsWestbourneR

Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 12:27 - Nov 28 by Jim

I don't like all this abuse - I'm fourth generation and was there last night. I thought it was a good turn out considering we look doomed.

'arry would probably have been a bit disappointed after being used to Spurs and Pompey - who always seem to travel in good numbers.

I fear the gap's getting too wide to bridge now - if Saints win tonight it will be a chasm.

I saw Villa live earlier this season with a friend and don't be fooled by their league position - they are very well organised and hard to break down.

I suspect they will come for a 0-0 looking to frustrate and if they nick one on the break they will see it as a bonus.

Our lack of strikers is finding us out - why did we sign those Foolham sick-notes?

Jim - what do the end blocks of Ellerslie and Loftus Road sing to each other?

What is the name of the song we do our after goal chant along to?

What animal ran on the pitch last season?

What was the song for Di Canio and the Italian owners?

What was Pat Agyemang's nickname?

Who is Captain Jack?

Please answer these to help convince me of your 4th generation credentials.

Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 12:41 - Nov 28 with 2236 viewsRs_Holy

Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 12:38 - Nov 28 by WestbourneR

Jim - what do the end blocks of Ellerslie and Loftus Road sing to each other?

What is the name of the song we do our after goal chant along to?

What animal ran on the pitch last season?

What was the song for Di Canio and the Italian owners?

What was Pat Agyemang's nickname?

Who is Captain Jack?

Please answer these to help convince me of your 4th generation credentials.

Dont tell him your name Pike!!!
Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 13:00 - Nov 28 with 2179 viewsWestbourneR

Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 12:41 - Nov 28 by Rs_Holy

Dont tell him your name Pike!!!

Oh... Jim has lost interest in the thread. Sure he'll be back, he is fourth generation after all.

Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 13:04 - Nov 28 with 2153 viewsSpiritofGregory

Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 13:00 - Nov 28 by WestbourneR

Oh... Jim has lost interest in the thread. Sure he'll be back, he is fourth generation after all.

Fourth generation Fulham fan.
Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 13:09 - Nov 28 with 2146 viewsTacticalR

Are all Fulham fans called Jim?

Air hostess clique

Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 13:16 - Nov 28 with 2106 viewstoboboly

Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 13:09 - Nov 28 by TacticalR

Are all Fulham fans called Jim?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_%28name%29

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 13:16 - Nov 28 with 2105 viewsgjc104

Cheap shot about our support by the Daily Mail - unnecessary and uncalled for. on 11:30 - Nov 28 by DWQPR

I was one of the 375 and I had the luxury of only having to travel from Milton Keynes. Personally I thought it looked more than that, and certainly sounded much more. And given the fact that the A1 was flooded just south of Catterick, meaning a detour through some country lanes, pissing down with rain most of the journey, rock bottom of the league with no wins and the worst away record in living memory, oh and not forgetting that it was a Tuesday night in late November, with the majority of supporters travelling 300+ miles to get there, I think that the turn out was more than admirable. And then on the way back to find out that the Highways Agency had SHUT the A1(M) just north of the M1 interchange, you could not get a better recipe for staying at home. Yet 375 didn't. It is easy to be a glory hunting caaaaant and turn up at games knowing you are going to win, but this is not what supporting QPR is all about.

Im with you...thought it looked a lot more than that. We sang like there was more of us!
Was a hell of a trek, and we only came form Stoke on Trent but with the same road closures etc referred to, took us 4 1/2 to get there and 4 hours to get back.

The weather was awful, Sunderland have history this season of a game off due to waterlogging so can see why many were scepical of going...but didnt want to risk not being there for that elusive 1st win (which could have happened) and to see 'Arry's debut!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024