Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Willbutts Lane on Friday 15:18 - Dec 18 with 8485 viewsDale_Iain

Thought I'd make a thread about this to see what sort of response it gets.

Me and a few mates have decided we're going to go in the Willbutts Lane for the Cheltenham game. The thinking is that, as we all know, the noise that can be made in there is a lot better than the other stands, and we think that this is a time where the team needs as much support as we can give them.

Basically I'm just trying to encourage anyone who feels the same way to join us in there. Let's really make an effort and get behind them. We call ourselves Rochdale supporters...so let's support them!
Willbutts Lane on Friday on 21:04 - Dec 18 with 1943 views442Dale

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 20:59 - Dec 18 by Dale_Iain

Shame if it is shut. Do you know the reason why, Maybee? Because I'm pretty sure that the club said at the start of the season, when they said the stand would be open to home fans, that the only two exceptions would be the Bradford and Port Vale games, due to the larger followings.

And Chaff the idea (wasn't actually my idea by the way) was to, hopefully, get the Sandy Laners who like to sing and the TDS lot who like to sing all together in the best stand for acoustics, quite like an away game. I hope it will be open, but if not, we're back to the usual problem of the TDS hardly ever making an effort and the Sandy Lane trying occasionally but the sound barely reaching the halfway line. We always say "Oh we'll make a big effort for this one", but it hardly ever happens. That's why I think it's worth trying something different here.

I don't even know why they shut it. Surely stewards/turnstile operators can be distributed accordingly, even shift tea bar staff about if it's the costs. Just requires some planning.

Having been in there a few times, it's noticable there are regulars who obviously prefer the view. Shutting it for any other reason than the stand is needed for away fans is nonsensical.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 21:08 - Dec 18 with 1916 viewsroccydaleian

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 21:04 - Dec 18 by 442Dale

I don't even know why they shut it. Surely stewards/turnstile operators can be distributed accordingly, even shift tea bar staff about if it's the costs. Just requires some planning.

Having been in there a few times, it's noticable there are regulars who obviously prefer the view. Shutting it for any other reason than the stand is needed for away fans is nonsensical.

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/willbutts-lane-info-550939.aspx
Willbutts Lane on Friday on 21:16 - Dec 18 with 1913 views442Dale

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 21:08 - Dec 18 by roccydaleian

Planning.

But if someone has done a thorough analysis of exactly how many fans are using the facility regularly, how many are paying more than they usually would (Sandy Laners/TDS regulars) and whether they enjoy the Willbutts more, then it makes sense.

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 21:21 - Dec 18 with 1900 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 21:04 - Dec 18 by 442Dale

does that mean the Cheltenham Fans will be allocated by the Pearl Street or were there too many complaint's from away fans getting abused from the laners i read on the website its under review in the new year on either or not they gonna let home fans go in there

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 21:39 - Dec 18 with 1870 viewsblackpoolcol

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 21:21 - Dec 18 by DaleAwaydayBot

does that mean the Cheltenham Fans will be allocated by the Pearl Street or were there too many complaint's from away fans getting abused from the laners i read on the website its under review in the new year on either or not they gonna let home fans go in there

Taz, its not open to home supporters, away fans will be in the corner as normal.

It makes full sense to not open the extra for home fans, the costs of stewards etc will no doubt make it not cost effective and Im sure the bods at the club have made the right decision.

To give an idea, Morecambe now do not open the terrace for away fans except for "big" games. Ironically the only 2 that are currently down for it to be open for the rest of the season are Bradford on new years day and when Dale come to town. The other clubs just get the 2 blocks in the main stand

With my little stick of Blackpool Rock, along the promenade I'll stroll

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 21:43 - Dec 18 with 1857 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 21:39 - Dec 18 by blackpoolcol

Taz, its not open to home supporters, away fans will be in the corner as normal.

It makes full sense to not open the extra for home fans, the costs of stewards etc will no doubt make it not cost effective and Im sure the bods at the club have made the right decision.

To give an idea, Morecambe now do not open the terrace for away fans except for "big" games. Ironically the only 2 that are currently down for it to be open for the rest of the season are Bradford on new years day and when Dale come to town. The other clubs just get the 2 blocks in the main stand

so were gonna be allocated in the fake terracing i don't really class it as a terracing with that wall infront of it and steps i class it as a seating area with metal poll's no offense Col

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 21:46 - Dec 18 with 1848 viewsTVOS1907

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 21:39 - Dec 18 by blackpoolcol

So Morecambe now have a new ground with one terrace they will hardly use and another that's never been a terrace.

Is Christie Park still standing?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 21:50 - Dec 18 with 1837 views442Dale

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 21:46 - Dec 18 by TVOS1907

So Morecambe now have a new ground with one terrace they will hardly use and another that's never been a terrace.

And seats in the stand that appear to be behind a wall.

No issues with the Willbutts being closed if the previously posted analysis has been done. Especially checking how much extra revenue is gained by fans from other stands.

Login to get fewer ads

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 21:50 - Dec 18 with 1836 viewschuckleberry

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 21:43 - Dec 18 by DaleAwaydayBot

so were gonna be allocated in the fake terracing i don't really class it as a terracing with that wall infront of it and steps i class it as a seating area with metal poll's no offense Col

Metal poll's? Do they work in Tesco?
Willbutts Lane on Friday on 21:50 - Dec 18 with 1836 viewsDale_Iain

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 21:08 - Dec 18 by roccydaleian

Without knowing the actual costs involved, I suppose you can't really argue with that then. I would say that maybe it'd be worth them making an exception for this one and opening it for us, if there was a decent enough interest shown on here to make it worth the cost. I'm just throwing that thought out there because I'm sure someone will read it (obviously they do, hence the O/S article at 8pm this evening) but for all I know there are any number of reasons why it's not worth it, too short notice or whatever. Just worth asking imo!
Willbutts Lane on Friday on 21:54 - Dec 18 with 1821 views442Dale

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 21:50 - Dec 18 by Dale_Iain

Without knowing the actual costs involved, I suppose you can't really argue with that then. I would say that maybe it'd be worth them making an exception for this one and opening it for us, if there was a decent enough interest shown on here to make it worth the cost. I'm just throwing that thought out there because I'm sure someone will read it (obviously they do, hence the O/S article at 8pm this evening) but for all I know there are any number of reasons why it's not worth it, too short notice or whatever. Just worth asking imo!

Just out of interest, how many of you were planning of going in there from the Sandy and paying the extra?

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 21:55 - Dec 18 with 1818 viewsTVOS1907

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 21:50 - Dec 18 by chuckleberry

Metal poll's? Do they work in Tesco?

Only if they also support Man City.

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 22:03 - Dec 18 with 1801 viewsblackpoolcol

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 21:46 - Dec 18 by TVOS1907

Its a lovely Sainsburys TVOS (but the chippy on the corner is still there!)

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 22:04 - Dec 18 with 1796 viewsblackpoolcol

no probs Taz, as it is a seating area prices will be increased by £2 for you
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 22:10 - Dec 18 with 1780 viewsTVOS1907

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 22:03 - Dec 18 by blackpoolcol

Its a lovely Sainsburys TVOS (but the chippy on the corner is still there!)

You probably get a better view from there.

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 22:23 - Dec 18 with 1614 viewsShun

Doesn't a seating area have to have seats in it?
Willbutts Lane on Friday on 23:12 - Dec 18 with 1587 viewsDale_Iain

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 21:54 - Dec 18 by 442Dale

Just out of interest, how many of you were planning of going in there from the Sandy and paying the extra?

Just from mentioning it to a couple of mates on Twitter, only 4 or 5 of us. Obviously that's not going to make a difference but the hope was to spread the word enough and get a decent number. We've all heard 10-15 Barnet or Dagenham fans make a racket in there.
Willbutts Lane on Friday on 23:20 - Dec 18 with 1579 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 22:23 - Dec 18 by Shun

Doesn't a seating area have to have seats in it?

that's why i called it a fake terracing because it has a wall it not a proper terracing

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 23:26 - Dec 18 with 1561 viewssandylaner1

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 23:12 - Dec 18 by Dale_Iain

Just from mentioning it to a couple of mates on Twitter, only 4 or 5 of us. Obviously that's not going to make a difference but the hope was to spread the word enough and get a decent number. We've all heard 10-15 Barnet or Dagenham fans make a racket in there.

+ 5

so we on around ten so fAr lolz

anymore out there....
Willbutts Lane on Friday on 14:44 - Dec 19 with 1466 viewsChaffRAFC

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 20:59 - Dec 18 by Dale_Iain

Shame if it is shut. Do you know the reason why, Maybee? Because I'm pretty sure that the club said at the start of the season, when they said the stand would be open to home fans, that the only two exceptions would be the Bradford and Port Vale games, due to the larger followings.

And Chaff the idea (wasn't actually my idea by the way) was to, hopefully, get the Sandy Laners who like to sing and the TDS lot who like to sing all together in the best stand for acoustics, quite like an away game. I hope it will be open, but if not, we're back to the usual problem of the TDS hardly ever making an effort and the Sandy Lane trying occasionally but the sound barely reaching the halfway line. We always say "Oh we'll make a big effort for this one", but it hardly ever happens. That's why I think it's worth trying something different here.

I got the point you were making, just don't think it will work because you won't get enough people to make a difference and all that will happen is that you'll have three area making a tiny bit of noise instead of two making a moderate amount of noise.

It won't work until one stand gets shut in my opinion.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 16:00 - Dec 19 with 1427 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Willbutts Lane on Friday on 17:38 - Dec 18 by sweetcorn

Sounds a good plan.

Has my insider got it right, theres a bar in there? tempted. can't remember if it has, only time i've been in that stand is during the play-offs vs rushden.

Moi aussi!

Great atmosphere.......got to San Spotty fully aware it was all ticket but did not have one!

Walked all the way round and one of our fine stewards GAVE me a ticket to get in with the Onandi Lowe fans..

History thereafter
Willbutts Lane on Friday on 08:31 - Dec 20 with 1350 viewspaulscho

Perhaps the club would allow us all just to swap ends at half time just like in the olden days ,or how about when we go three down after 30 minutes we can all go and sit in the main stand just behind the dug out and sing a few songs !!

livinginadalewonderland

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024