Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Moaners' 17:44 - Jan 22 with 2341 viewsNinco

Last time Keith Hill was here, one of his gripes was people in the main stand moaning at him whenever anything went slightly wrong. I think this time round, those people need to take a massive reality check. Looking at what we've had to put up with since he went to Barnsley, quite frankly anything would be an improvement and it's not the time to get on his back when he is trying to put this mess right.

I don't expect miracles. It will take time for Hill to turn things around, and he will be working with the majority of players that Coleman signed. Those people need to think hard before they start moaning at him. The last thing we want is for us to get to the end of the season, then Hill says he is sick of all the moaning and is not renewing his contract. We could very easily end up having to replace him with another bad manager.

Just remember if you are thinking of moaning at him that he won us promotion and gave us some of the best years we have ever had at Spotland. Whatever you think of him as a person, he should be respected as a manager.
'Moaners' on 17:46 - Jan 22 with 1899 viewssandylaner1

amen to dat
'Moaners' on 17:48 - Jan 22 with 1881 viewsCockneyDale

This.
'Moaners' on 17:54 - Jan 22 with 1836 views442Dale

Not sure that some even realise they're moaning, it's more a lack of appreciation and knowledge of the game. All managers should ignore it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

'Moaners' on 17:58 - Jan 22 with 1816 viewsYorkshire_Dale

He will have heard worse at Baaaaaarsnley.
'Moaners' on 17:58 - Jan 22 with 1817 viewsBartRowou

Brilliant. This is one of the problems with him. He talks nonsense, propagates a myth and people believe it. The Main Stand thing is rubbish. It's no different in there than anywhere else - it's just that he stands on that side of the ground. People have the right to moan if things aren't going right. It isn't a library. And if a few grumbles are going to dissuade him from staying on, then you have to say his heart's not in it.

Genuine question - why not move the dugouts to the Wilbutts side if it becomes a problem for him again?

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Moaners' on 18:00 - Jan 22 with 1805 viewsashes

Agree totally with original poster.
'Moaners' on 18:10 - Jan 22 with 1770 viewsdalefan1uk

'Moaners' on 17:58 - Jan 22 by BartRowou

Brilliant. This is one of the problems with him. He talks nonsense, propagates a myth and people believe it. The Main Stand thing is rubbish. It's no different in there than anywhere else - it's just that he stands on that side of the ground. People have the right to moan if things aren't going right. It isn't a library. And if a few grumbles are going to dissuade him from staying on, then you have to say his heart's not in it.

Genuine question - why not move the dugouts to the Wilbutts side if it becomes a problem for him again?

I agree Bartrowou, the main stand (just like other areas)has fans who have been at the club supporting through many dark days and like you said they have a right just as much as anyone else to voice approval as well as disprove at what tactics Hill and for that matter Coleman did. I sit in the main stand and i love the passion that comes from the section i sit in, i can also say that the sandy lane gives as much abuse as the main stand and Pearl street come to think of it. It's just that it's not comfortable for managers to hear it when it's directly behind them. Hill won't be trusted by some of the fans and has to win over many doubters, it won't happen overnight and i think some will not be able to see that. Yes Hill has to work with a lot of Coleman's driftwood but we can only keep our fingers crossed that he can bring some TEAM ROCHDALE magic back. Plus hopefully bring the crowds back into Spotland
'Moaners' on 18:11 - Jan 22 with 1764 viewsBobbyjoe

Christ, I've heard it all now!
Login to get fewer ads

'Moaners' on 18:15 - Jan 22 with 1753 viewsRalphs12

I think hilly is big enough to know how to take the 'moaners' he's in the wrong business of he isn't.
'Moaners' on 18:34 - Jan 22 with 1690 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Can't you sit in the Wilbutts Lane instead? It's just that Keith Hill, being the most successful manager in our history, has done so much for Rochdale and I'd rather he sit in a dug-out near the changing rooms etc. Let's be honest, you've done p1ss all in comparison. If you were getting on his tits by moaning, whilst he was working relative miracles at the club,then you must be a right pain in the arse who knows feck all about running a football club.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

'Moaners' on 18:44 - Jan 22 with 1636 views442Dale

'Moaners' on 18:34 - Jan 22 by BigDaveMyCock

Can't you sit in the Wilbutts Lane instead? It's just that Keith Hill, being the most successful manager in our history, has done so much for Rochdale and I'd rather he sit in a dug-out near the changing rooms etc. Let's be honest, you've done p1ss all in comparison. If you were getting on his tits by moaning, whilst he was working relative miracles at the club,then you must be a right pain in the arse who knows feck all about running a football club.

By "you" I presume it doesn't actually mean Bart, because he doesn't. Unless its David Platt. Hill reacted far too often to far too little, let's not pretend that didn't happen just because we're discussing it on a day of good news.... but as mentioned, some fans were just going on for goings on sake. Other supporters in the area would often should them down as well. Any manager would be best served to allow this to happen.

'Moaners' on 18:46 - Jan 22 with 1618 viewsmacro

Jones got grief from the minority on his return
Parkin got grief from the minority on his return

I'm sure Hill will too

talking of returns Evil anyone!
'Moaners' on 18:47 - Jan 22 with 1608 viewsBigDaveMyCock

'Moaners' on 18:44 - Jan 22 by 442Dale

By "you" I presume it doesn't actually mean Bart, because he doesn't. Unless its David Platt. Hill reacted far too often to far too little, let's not pretend that didn't happen just because we're discussing it on a day of good news.... but as mentioned, some fans were just going on for goings on sake. Other supporters in the area would often should them down as well. Any manager would be best served to allow this to happen.

Yeah, sorry it wasn't personal against Bart. It's just given an option of moaners, who moaned during the glory years, sitting in the Main Stand and Keith Hill standing in front of the Wilbutts Lane then I'd have it the other way around. Simple.

'Moaners' on 18:51 - Jan 22 with 1599 viewsBlueDutch

For the love of mike, he hasn't even set his cardboard box on the desk and fans (I use the term lightly) are already pointing out his short comings. Let him get his feet under the desk why don't you?
If you don't like him moaning then don't go. He didn't leave us before because of the moaners, he left to secure his family's future and to better himself. How about some positivity for once?

KHBA!!

upthedale.nl

'Moaners' on 18:55 - Jan 22 with 1587 viewsNinco

You are missing the whole point. I am talking about comparisons. Compare how we played under Coleman and how we used to play under Hill. Which one would you choose to moan at and which would you appreciate most?

If you moan at the fast flowing entertaining football Hill plays, maybe you need to try a different club as you wont see better in league 2. If you pay league 2 prices, you can't expect premier league quality and there has to be some give and take when players make a mistake.
'Moaners' on 18:59 - Jan 22 with 1562 viewsBobbyjoe

Personally, I've never heard anything from the Main Stand I wouldn't repeat to a maiden aunt, except for the smartly dressed young man who suddenly jumped up when Gary Megson walked out for his first game as Sheff Weds manager, and hurled a string of invective at him that would have made a sailor blush. I think I must have gazed at him open-mouthed for several moments, before wondering absently if he'd make a prospective son-in-law!
'Moaners' on 19:06 - Jan 22 with 1539 viewsrochedale

In reply to your genuine question... The reason why the dugouts/main stand is on that side of the ground is to prevent the sun going in the eyes if the managers and execs, all grounds are designed the same.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

'Moaners' on 19:06 - Jan 22 with 1535 views442Dale

'Moaners' on 18:51 - Jan 22 by BlueDutch

For the love of mike, he hasn't even set his cardboard box on the desk and fans (I use the term lightly) are already pointing out his short comings. Let him get his feet under the desk why don't you?
If you don't like him moaning then don't go. He didn't leave us before because of the moaners, he left to secure his family's future and to better himself. How about some positivity for once?

KHBA!!

And to the same extent, maybe it's better some fans don't bring up "moaners" all the time.

'Moaners' on 19:11 - Jan 22 with 1507 viewsBigDaveMyCock

I quite liked the way Hill gave a bit back when he was here first time. I think he thrived on it a bit. Us fans are so precious sometimes. I hope Hill comes in and sweeps away all, and I mean all, negativity. If it upsets a few whinging 'know-alls' along the way then all the better.

I'm under no illusion. I was a sh1te footballer (2 XI for my team in the Manchester and Cheshire League) and know fook all about running a successful football team. If someone can lead the Dale to two play-offs, a promotion and 9th in League 1, and he gets p1ssed off because people are moaning at his performance then he's got every right on this planet to tell them to give their heads a big wobble.

'Moaners' on 19:17 - Jan 22 with 1476 viewsolympicdale

Well said

I think we will see a different Keith Hill this time around, and i think he will respect the fans much more, will no doubt have learnt a lot about himself since he's left, and realise he has come 'home'

Life is a game of fate.

'Moaners' on 19:37 - Jan 22 with 1431 viewsThe_DJ

'The Mainstand Moaners Myth' rears its head already.

It was bollox then and will be again.

'Moaners' on 19:42 - Jan 22 with 1404 viewsdalenumber2

One of the reasons I moved to Pearl Street is because of the amount of moaning that used to go on in the Main Stand. There is the odd character in the Pearl Street who will shout abuse or have a whinge out loud but nothing like the full on negativity I used to hear in the main stand. Maybe it was just the area I chose to sit in?
'Moaners' on 19:51 - Jan 22 with 1380 viewsD_Alien

'Moaners' on 19:42 - Jan 22 by dalenumber2

One of the reasons I moved to Pearl Street is because of the amount of moaning that used to go on in the Main Stand. There is the odd character in the Pearl Street who will shout abuse or have a whinge out loud but nothing like the full on negativity I used to hear in the main stand. Maybe it was just the area I chose to sit in?

I dare say that many main-standers think themselves a touch above the hoi polloi?

It's nearer the boardroom, in an aspirational kind of way!

And, doesn't Bobbyjoe sit in the main stand?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

'Moaners' on 20:05 - Jan 22 with 1345 viewsTVOS1907

'Moaners' on 18:11 - Jan 22 by Bobbyjoe

Christ, I've heard it all now!

That doesn't surprise me, BJ.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

'Moaners' on 20:07 - Jan 22 with 1332 viewsTVOS1907

'Moaners' on 18:55 - Jan 22 by Ninco

You are missing the whole point. I am talking about comparisons. Compare how we played under Coleman and how we used to play under Hill. Which one would you choose to moan at and which would you appreciate most?

If you moan at the fast flowing entertaining football Hill plays, maybe you need to try a different club as you wont see better in league 2. If you pay league 2 prices, you can't expect premier league quality and there has to be some give and take when players make a mistake.

"maybe you need to try a different club"

Forest might be a possibility.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024