Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland 21:28 - Jan 27 with 13399 viewsClivert

I'll go for Steve Whitehall Vs Exeter in 1995.

Cross cushioned on the edge of the box and volleyed home.
Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 14:18 - Jan 29 with 1309 viewsDorsetDale

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 14:13 - Jan 29 by D_Alien

Ah, thanks for the update DD, I'd completely disregarded the fact that up until recently, FA Cup ties had any number of replays until one team won!

Indeed. Although that is only my ageing memory of events. They're not facts until TVOS or anyone else furnishes us with the truth of the matter.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 14:10 - Jan 31 with 1238 viewselectricblue

Any Mark Stuart bending free kicks....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 15:50 - Jan 31 with 1218 viewsTVOS1907

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 14:13 - Jan 29 by D_Alien

Ah, thanks for the update DD, I'd completely disregarded the fact that up until recently, FA Cup ties had any number of replays until one team won!

It's not even recent. This practice started back in season 1991/92!

And here's a question - which teams were involved in the first tie to go to penalties (excluding all the preliminary rounds)?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 16:00 - Jan 31 with 1209 viewsmaybee

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 15:50 - Jan 31 by TVOS1907

It's not even recent. This practice started back in season 1991/92!

And here's a question - which teams were involved in the first tie to go to penalties (excluding all the preliminary rounds)?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Rotherham, versus someone local to them... Chesterfield/Lincoln/Scunny i think.

Came up in the pub a few weeks ago, so slight cheat!!!
Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 16:03 - Jan 31 with 1202 viewsTVOS1907

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 16:00 - Jan 31 by maybee

Rotherham, versus someone local to them... Chesterfield/Lincoln/Scunny i think.

Came up in the pub a few weeks ago, so slight cheat!!!

Correct ... v Scunny.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 16:24 - Jan 31 with 1166 viewsspikey58

Seen a few in my time (rattles Zimmer frame)... standout for me was Graham Smith in a 5-0 drubbing of Halifax c.1970. He went on an overlap down the right, then cut inside to the corner of the penalty area; leathered it with his left foot into the opposite top corner of the goal. I was sat in the main stand behind the flight of the ball and could see it was in as soon as he hit it. Happy days ...
Best goal that you've seen scored at Spotland on 17:16 - Jan 31 with 1151 viewsrafc1984

Loads of favorites, but I'll go for Steve O' Shaughnessy's 30yrd free kick against northampton, in the cup (I think) about 1990. TVOS?

Away goal - Paddy at halifax
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024