Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! 17:35 - Feb 10 with 4471 viewsmacclesfieldman

Watching a brilliant hard fought Ireland v England 6 Nations Match today made me realise more than ever what a bunch of useless, over paid millionairre prima donas play for QPR and England (football). I honestly don't care if QPR survive or are relegated, there are too many players that are there for the money and don't care. The team Warnock got us promoted would beat todays team hands down. Rant over!

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 23:24 - Feb 10 with 2894 viewsTearsOfaClown

with you on that one a 100%.

Pleasure to watch real graft and skill . . . and we won.

Same with wales yesterday - only one try but it is the effort from the team that counts.
Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 00:41 - Feb 11 with 2867 viewsSonofNorfolt

Mainly played by blokes without the finesse needed to play football, and appreciated by a small percentage of this planet.
Some footballers are tarts, not all of them.
Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 07:45 - Feb 11 with 2805 viewsderbyhoop

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 00:41 - Feb 11 by SonofNorfolt

Mainly played by blokes without the finesse needed to play football, and appreciated by a small percentage of this planet.
Some footballers are tarts, not all of them.

Rugby union is a far more technical game than football. A wide range of skills is required. And that's before you take in the physicality.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 07:52 - Feb 11 with 2798 viewsdaveB

I thought we had played with a lot of pride and effort over the last few weeks, first half was obviously rubbish on saturday but i think it's a bit unfair to compare the rugby team to rangers at the moment
Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 07:54 - Feb 11 with 2791 viewsdolcelatte

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 07:45 - Feb 11 by derbyhoop

Rugby union is a far more technical game than football. A wide range of skills is required. And that's before you take in the physicality.

Agreed - it's still Sh1te though.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 09:09 - Feb 11 with 2761 viewsnadera78

Having been forced to sit through an hour of that match yesterday I can honestly say that rugby union is a steaming pile of horse dung. No skill on display whatsoever, just big blokes bashing into one another and a guy who can kick a ball a long way. Then throw in the odd moment of thuggery on a bloke lying face down in the mud and unable to defend himself.

If you want skill, enterprise and entertainment you should have watched Wigan v Warrington on Friday night. That was outstanding.

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 10:25 - Feb 11 with 2720 viewsTearsOfaClown

and you have to play as a team. No prima donas allowed. And cheats are cited after the game.
Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 10:34 - Feb 11 with 2704 viewsTW_R

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 10:25 - Feb 11 by TearsOfaClown

and you have to play as a team. No prima donas allowed. And cheats are cited after the game.

Generally true, although I guess there are always exceptions to any rule. Gavin Henson and Cipriani spring to mind.

To be fair though, that game really was a turgid affair. No real skills on show, lots of kicking etc, obviously all down to the weather conditions. Saying that though, England won, so that'll do me.
Login to get fewer ads

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 10:37 - Feb 11 with 2699 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It's a dreadful game. Turgid and uninspiring, with ridiculous rules, not particularly skilful and, at least in Ireland, played by the elite, commented upon by pompous fools and supported by bandwaggoners who've never even held a rugby ball.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 11:29 - Feb 11 with 2677 viewswhittocksRs

Footballers are w@nkers, no doubt, but let's not be silly and pretend Rugby Union is a better, or more technical, game. It's a game of fat human chess.

I watched a video of the greatest tries ever scored the other day and, in all honesty, they looked as sh!te as every other try I've seen scored. Egg chasing is lost on me.
Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 13:50 - Feb 11 with 2626 viewsMonahoop

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 10:37 - Feb 11 by BrianMcCarthy

It's a dreadful game. Turgid and uninspiring, with ridiculous rules, not particularly skilful and, at least in Ireland, played by the elite, commented upon by pompous fools and supported by bandwaggoners who've never even held a rugby ball.

Agree with some points there Brian especially with regards to bandwaggoners watching the sport. Loads haven't a clue about the rules or what they're watching.

I personally prefer League to Union. Much faster and the atmosphere is akin to football. However Union can be good too. I've enjoyed watching Ulster this season. Very open, fast side almost League like in approach. Not all rugby Union games have to be like a game of chess as witnessed yesterday in Dublin.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 14:40 - Feb 11 with 2601 viewsBromleyHoop

Rugby Union used to be a fantastic game, full of speed, agility, skill and physicality. Now, due to rule changes and an influx of ex league players and coaches, it is far more reliant on physical strength than it should be.

Great players like Barry John, Jeremy Gusgott, JJ Williams and Gerald Davies would not have lasted 10 minutes in a modern Rugby Union game. And the game is poorer for that fact.

The Ireland v England game was a particularly hard, dour and physical affair.

Regardless of your sport or allegiance there is beauty, skill and excitement in this clip of how Fantastic Union used to be.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 15:38 - Feb 11 with 2570 viewsrobith

QPR have always been my first love but I was always rubbish at football so played rugby.

Yesterday's game was an odd one to pick though. It was pretty rubbish (and not just saying that as a bitter Ireland fan). Wales France was awful too. A world away from the opening weekend which was really fantastic.

Personally was really disappointing as rugby is usually a bit of a break from watching QPR be awful, but instead thanks to Mr Kidney, my rugby experience is also watching a mostly rudderless team with a coach picking players who are long past their best. Sounds awfully familiar! Also really annoying that Healy and O'Mahony instead of showcasing their skills just turned up for a fight and disgraced themselves.

All credit to England though, they played the conditions superbly and executed their game plan well. Lancaster has totally turned it around - picks on form, abides no egos, and even manages to have a team of quite nice chaps (Ashton, Hartley and Haskell aside).

I'll stop now before Clive bans me :)
Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 15:40 - Feb 11 with 2566 viewsrobith

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 10:34 - Feb 11 by TW_R

Generally true, although I guess there are always exceptions to any rule. Gavin Henson and Cipriani spring to mind.

To be fair though, that game really was a turgid affair. No real skills on show, lots of kicking etc, obviously all down to the weather conditions. Saying that though, England won, so that'll do me.

Though both those players have gone nowhere in their careers because of their "I'M FAMOUS" attitudes and both are now considered total jokes
Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 16:21 - Feb 11 with 2538 viewsTW_R

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 15:40 - Feb 11 by robith

Though both those players have gone nowhere in their careers because of their "I'M FAMOUS" attitudes and both are now considered total jokes

Indeed. Both could have become world class players.
Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 18:34 - Feb 11 with 2479 viewsClive_Anderson

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 14:40 - Feb 11 by BromleyHoop

Rugby Union used to be a fantastic game, full of speed, agility, skill and physicality. Now, due to rule changes and an influx of ex league players and coaches, it is far more reliant on physical strength than it should be.

Great players like Barry John, Jeremy Gusgott, JJ Williams and Gerald Davies would not have lasted 10 minutes in a modern Rugby Union game. And the game is poorer for that fact.

Regardless of your sport or allegiance there is beauty, skill and excitement in this clip of how Fantastic Union used to be.

I wondered when that archive of the one decent try ever would be shown.

Yes yes rugby players are more intelligent and try harder than the average footballer, but let's be honest Rugby Union is a game of fat toffs rolling around in the mud and then every so often the ref gives a penalty completely at random to one of the sides and then another fat bloke hoofs it over some posts from 50 yards.

The for some unknown reason all the players put on their blazers to go to the pub and start dunking their bell ends in each others pints before downing them.

Still, it beats watching QPR at the moment.
Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 18:43 - Feb 11 with 2475 viewsJigsore

Well the 7s Rugby world championships are on right now and thats much more exciting than whats on offer at most 6Nations matches.

Makes me tired just looking at it though. Fun to play

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 19:04 - Feb 11 with 2458 viewsHollowayRanger

there should be either a player cap on wages or a team cap

all this new money coming into the game from next seaon where's it going to go ?

cheeper tickets ..................na
ground roots of football.........na
better stadiums ..................na
balancing the books..............na
higher player wages OH YES YES YES OH YES YES YES

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 19:10 - Feb 11 with 2453 viewsderbyhoop

Criticism of Rugby Union as a spectacle, based on Sunday's Ireland v England game, is understandable. The conditions had a major influence on the way the game was played. It certainly wasn't a game that will long in the memory.

England won because they played the conditions better. The skills exhibited by Alex Goode and Rob Kearney to take (very) high balls under pressure from onrushing opponents; the ability of Robshaw to scavenge the ball all over the park; the work of the England forwards to consistently strip the ball out in contact areas; the vision of Ben Youngs and the reliable kicking of Owen Farrell all required dedicated practise. Qpr fans, in particular, should understand that defending is as much a skill as attacking.

There are a lot of rules, many of which are designed to prevent offenders slowing the game or prevent dangerous play, and I fully understand that many do not understand what is going on. I played at School, so I do know the rules. I may have put on a bit of weight since I was 16 but I don't think anybody would call me fat or a toff. The size required to play at the top level does rule out 95% of individuals but even some of the 18 stoners are proper athletes.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 20:10 - Feb 11 with 2428 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 19:10 - Feb 11 by derbyhoop

Criticism of Rugby Union as a spectacle, based on Sunday's Ireland v England game, is understandable. The conditions had a major influence on the way the game was played. It certainly wasn't a game that will long in the memory.

England won because they played the conditions better. The skills exhibited by Alex Goode and Rob Kearney to take (very) high balls under pressure from onrushing opponents; the ability of Robshaw to scavenge the ball all over the park; the work of the England forwards to consistently strip the ball out in contact areas; the vision of Ben Youngs and the reliable kicking of Owen Farrell all required dedicated practise. Qpr fans, in particular, should understand that defending is as much a skill as attacking.

There are a lot of rules, many of which are designed to prevent offenders slowing the game or prevent dangerous play, and I fully understand that many do not understand what is going on. I played at School, so I do know the rules. I may have put on a bit of weight since I was 16 but I don't think anybody would call me fat or a toff. The size required to play at the top level does rule out 95% of individuals but even some of the 18 stoners are proper athletes.

I'm not hitting at you, derby, because that's a very good post but if I have to be patronised one more time by a rugby head as he explains that I don't understand the rules, then...well I won't do anything, really, but I'll definitely mutter something rude.

The rules are that you can score by running across anywhere along a 100-yard line. Anywhere. And you can throw or kick the ball.

Then they realised that that is ridiculously easy so they added another 400 rules to make it slightly harder.

Fair play to anyone that enjoys it, but it eludes me.

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 20:29 - Feb 11 with 2418 viewsBlackCrowe

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 20:10 - Feb 11 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm not hitting at you, derby, because that's a very good post but if I have to be patronised one more time by a rugby head as he explains that I don't understand the rules, then...well I won't do anything, really, but I'll definitely mutter something rude.

The rules are that you can score by running across anywhere along a 100-yard line. Anywhere. And you can throw or kick the ball.

Then they realised that that is ridiculously easy so they added another 400 rules to make it slightly harder.

Fair play to anyone that enjoys it, but it eludes me.

What like heading or kicking a round ball in between two upright sticks?

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 20:39 - Feb 11 with 2405 viewsSamegmol

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 14:40 - Feb 11 by BromleyHoop

An even more impressive try because the All Balcks tried to remove JPR Williams's head at least twice. I also don't think there would be many of us who would look a top class rugby player in the eyes (if we were tall enough) and call him a fat toff.
Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 20:54 - Feb 11 with 2389 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 20:29 - Feb 11 by BlackCrowe

What like heading or kicking a round ball in between two upright sticks?

...that are pretty close together and have a big 'un in between them.

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 21:04 - Feb 11 with 2382 viewsBlackCrowe

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 20:54 - Feb 11 by BrianMcCarthy

...that are pretty close together and have a big 'un in between them.

Point is that any sport can be described to sound brainless. Just think it's a bit crap to slag off a genuine sport as being rubbish and for toffs just because you don't like/understand it.

I have no interest in rugby league and to me it looks ridiculous. Of course it isn't, it's just that I have invested time in trying to get into it. Football, rugby, cricket with a smattering of F1 is enough to be getting on with.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Useless, Over-Paid, Millionnaire Prima Donas! on 21:24 - Feb 11 with 2364 viewswestolian

I actually enjoyed the rugger (yep, I said it - get over it)

Thanks for posting up that try, never get sick of watching that

Pure genius

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024