Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Five regulars next season 11:32 - Apr 23 with 4663 viewsNoRway

Can you pick five regulars for next season from our present squad?

Starting with:
Green, Onouha, Faurlin, Mbia, Diakite.

(Cesar, Samba, Taarabt and Remy to leave).
Five regulars next season on 11:01 - Apr 24 with 1151 viewsJonDoeman

Cannot see Mbia or Diakite being with us next season.

Samba

Bosingwa (unfortunately, hope I'm wrong)

Hoilett

Mackie

It Is What It Is !!

Five regulars next season on 11:04 - Apr 24 with 1140 viewsHantsR

Not sure if this is a wish list or a prediction? Certainly if it is a wish list, then it is not so much of a list based on not so much how I see individual or collective footballing skills but the team spirit and willingness of members to give all for the team/ club. If there are indeed factions within the team, then that is clearly what needs to get sorted asap. This may be easier to say than do as there is no guarantee that problem players will be easy to shift if they have a decent contract.

Saints, Cardiff and ourselves all had a flying start to our Promotion winning seasons in the last few years based on teams that had learnt to play together and with a nice mix of talented individuals and 'bread and butter' players as NW used to put it.

Returning to O/P then, predictions:

Clint Hill - probably has another season in him and would be willing captain.
Onuha - would probably stay and would be ok
Green - I think he's got the talent and would be better than Cesar in Championship where there may be more balls lumped into the box
Jenas - ours and 'Arry's.
Adel - we need someone with that something special and is probably more of a team player than he was a couple of years. Pity this last one named is more of a wish than a prediction.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Five regulars next season on 11:21 - Apr 24 with 1125 viewsbaz_qpr

Five regulars next season on 10:18 - Apr 24 by MelakaRanger

A good 2 x 5 !:)

Agree with your first 5

But as for the second 5, Zamaora will be out for the first few months, so Johnson will play. Not sure Faurlin will ever be the same player again so only 50/50 on that one

Johnson will not be sold

Ceasar sold or loaned

Bosingwa will hopefully be sold but if not put on gardening leave

Adel will be sold, as will Remy, thus realising some cash for Harry to spend

But to be honest these 10 players didn't cut it this year mentally. I am not so sure they will cut it next year either. As I have posted before. I think it will take 3 or 4 transfer windows to rectify the utter dross that Hughes left us with.

Add a couple of decent strikers and some leaders / hunger and it will be a decent team.

We have decent ingredients for the cake but no raising agents and that is what we need we a missing some fundamental pieces.

Johnson will go according to report he and bothroyd are already being touted around, not a HR player at all, can see Zamora going but the only reason I kept him in is that I think he will be unavailable until September.

If the club has any sense at all it keeps Adel with a promise if we are not top four come January he can go then. Why sell off the one player who got us up last time, and would do so again
Five regulars next season on 14:01 - Apr 24 with 1077 viewsQPR_ARG

If Harry stays, then Alejandro won't play for us.

Unless the manager actually comes to his senses and changes his mind.

Five regulars next season on 14:31 - Apr 24 with 1055 viewscarrotcrunch_R

What we are forgetting is that it is not all about the players and who will be here and won't be here next season . It is about our preseason the last two seasons have been dreadful chopping and changing just b4a season starts does no good whatsoever to morale to fitness to team understanding and to carry that policy on throughout the season is just simply disastrous as proven to be. We need too start preseason for next season now and that means the clear out and bring in players before the end of may . So the training and team bonding can commence we need to start str8 out of the blocks as Neil warnock s side did 3seasons ago now that was a well bonded and well drilled side . Nothing special but they knew there roles and would scrap for everything .
Five regulars next season on 18:24 - Apr 24 with 1026 viewsNoRway

Five regulars next season on 14:31 - Apr 24 by carrotcrunch_R

What we are forgetting is that it is not all about the players and who will be here and won't be here next season . It is about our preseason the last two seasons have been dreadful chopping and changing just b4a season starts does no good whatsoever to morale to fitness to team understanding and to carry that policy on throughout the season is just simply disastrous as proven to be. We need too start preseason for next season now and that means the clear out and bring in players before the end of may . So the training and team bonding can commence we need to start str8 out of the blocks as Neil warnock s side did 3seasons ago now that was a well bonded and well drilled side . Nothing special but they knew there roles and would scrap for everything .

We are relegated and thus already in pre season. It will be interesting to see who Harry picks in the last four games. I would like to see players like Ounoha and Diakite now.
And; what about the back four if Samba leaves, Fabio returns to Manu, Hills legs are gone and we get rid of Bosingwa? Not much left then.
Five regulars next season on 18:39 - Apr 24 with 1012 viewsjamois

This thread is depressing!

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Five regulars next season on 19:48 - Apr 24 with 988 viewsVancouverHoop

Five regulars next season on 18:39 - Apr 24 by jamois

This thread is depressing!

Isn't it.

The pressing issue is surely who'll be discounted, and by how much, in order to get the wage bill down. If we have a choice we should keep the younger players. It's easier to turn around the club's culture with youth, and that's a priority. Some must go of course, Remy we should make money on. Granero will cost us, but is obviously unhappy. Our other young players, like Hoilett and Onuoha, will also bring reasonable offers, maybe Diakite and M'bia too, should we say no? It's unlikely anyone will come close to what we paid for Samba, however so it's surely better to keep him to build a defense around.

So five:

Green
Onuoha
Samba
M'bia (or Diakite)
Hoilett

I'd love Faurlin to make good, but I dunno... that type of injury is frequently difficult to come back from.

Login to get fewer ads

Five regulars next season on 10:19 - Apr 25 with 938 viewsSomersetHoops

I agree about the pre-season being important. I can remember the pre-season when Kevin Gallen returned from injury and we played a game against Exeter. We were slaughtered and KG played like a carthorse, so I could see it was going to be a bad season and it was. Of course it transpired afterwards that KG's injury had not been fully treated and he was to suffer the results of that for years.

In the pre-season before promotion Neil Warnock did his normal West Country tour and I watched two of the games and we looked superb in both of them. I had doubts about some of the players NW had brought in, but they were soon dispelled and I could see we were going to be good.

Lets face in the recent Asian promotion tours they don't really help pre-season although the teams performances there didn't look very sparkling either. Green seemed to make at least two mistakes every game and we didn't really look good against pretty poor opposition - cue 0-5 hammering by Swansea etc. etc.

Who's Next?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024