Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Junior Hoillet 20:49 - Apr 28 with 3252 viewsPhilmyRs

Can't remember a player in the last 30 years that struggles from the bench as much as him. I've been disappointed with him but seen glimpses of potential so know he can play. However, I can't remember him ever coming off the bench and having a positive impact on a game. I'm sure he has and I just can't think of it, but I'm getting to the stage where he either starts or we leave him out totally. Some players just can't pick up the pace of games, whereas others love being an impact player. Junior is most certainly not an impact player.
Junior Hoillet on 20:52 - Apr 28 with 3222 viewsPetros

Terrible player, perhaps even worse than SWP. Townshend showed them up big time. Out!
Junior Hoillet on 21:00 - Apr 28 with 3165 viewsAntti_Heinola

I think he's been poor. But, before we just start kicking everyone out, I think there are some extenuating circumstances and I think he's worth persevering with (plus, no one will take him at the moment).

He came in as part of Hughes' grand attacking plan. He was actually very good v Swansea. We got beat 5-0, and Hughes panicked and changed everything. Hoilett never got a run after that, then he got injured, then he came back into a side totally bereft of confidence.

Since then, he's been in and out the team. He was very decent v Southampton, but then got inconsistent, was in and out the side, and, for me, has totally lost confidence in himself. I have no idea whether this is attitude or what, but from what I've seen of him, he seems a fairly strong personality.

On top of that, he's 22. 22. Now, that is old enough to take responsibility and to be a very good pro footballer, but it's also young enough to be quite damaged by managers not having faith, or not being able to help when confidence is low. Not making excuses for him, but I think he is a good player. He's scored some cracking goals in the Prem for Blackburn and I've seen him rip us apart before now.

Managing is about more than buying and selling. We can't just boot everyone out. Some actual coaching is going to be needed, too.

Bare bones.

Junior Hoillet on 21:00 - Apr 28 with 3160 viewsHollowayRanger

must be given a VERY STRICT pre season tranning get off that bulk and add some pace and effort

major disapointment has never got going this season

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Junior Hoillet on 21:07 - Apr 28 with 3130 viewsWatford_Ranger

Wright-Phillips without the effort.
Junior Hoillet on 21:15 - Apr 28 with 3096 viewsTacticalR

Junior Hoillet on 21:00 - Apr 28 by HollowayRanger

must be given a VERY STRICT pre season tranning get off that bulk and add some pace and effort

What's very strict tranning? Is that a Ukrainian thing?

Air hostess clique

Junior Hoillet on 21:35 - Apr 28 with 3023 viewsWestonsuperR

I was more excited by signing Junior than any other player, how wrong was I, he has had a truly appalling season. The Hoilett I saw at Blackburn last season would rip up The Championship lets he returns to somewhere near that standard as can't see any team taking him off out hands.
Junior Hoillet on 21:40 - Apr 28 with 2996 viewsted_hendrix

Talking of failures here's another, one-having said that there is a very good player in there somewhere and for that reason I believe we must keep him.

It's now up to our training staff etc to get him going again.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Junior Hoillet on 21:40 - Apr 28 with 2993 viewsShotKneesHoop

Junior Hoillet on 21:00 - Apr 28 by HollowayRanger

I don't think pre-season tanning is going to help him much.

I think that is the one area he has pasted muster on.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Login to get fewer ads

Junior Hoillet on 22:17 - Apr 28 with 2924 viewssexton

Junior Hoillet on 21:07 - Apr 28 by Watford_Ranger

Wright-Phillips without the effort.

and the guile
Junior Hoillet on 22:23 - Apr 28 with 2910 viewsKiwi76

Junior Hoillet on 21:40 - Apr 28 by ted_hendrix

Talking of failures here's another, one-having said that there is a very good player in there somewhere and for that reason I believe we must keep him.

Hoping you're right Ted - thought he was going to be the best signing of the summer.
Not sure where his best position is - second forward behind/beside main striker or wide?
Clearly showed some talent with struggling Blackburn side and hope has some desire to show us more next season
Junior Hoillet on 23:19 - Apr 28 with 2827 viewsNorthernr

He's gone altogether hasn't he? Such a shame, was really excited about signing him. Hopefully a very relaxing, calming summer to refresh him, followed by a brutal pre-season to get him properly fit and he can come back. He'll struggle to get a club playing as he is at the moment, may have to rely on his reputation in Germany.
Junior Hoillet on 07:33 - Apr 29 with 2716 viewshoopdog

Junior Hoillet on 21:15 - Apr 28 by TacticalR

What's very strict tranning? Is that a Ukrainian thing?

I think it's A problem his sister has got due to missing clothes
Junior Hoillet on 10:15 - Apr 29 with 2604 viewsTW_R

Junior Hoillet on 23:19 - Apr 28 by Northernr

He's gone altogether hasn't he? Such a shame, was really excited about signing him. Hopefully a very relaxing, calming summer to refresh him, followed by a brutal pre-season to get him properly fit and he can come back. He'll struggle to get a club playing as he is at the moment, may have to rely on his reputation in Germany.

I was sitting in the Reading end yesterday and they were all laughing when he stripped off to come on. They said it looked like he was being dragged to the touchline by Harry and he really didn't want to play. Quite interesting body language.
Junior Hoillet on 12:29 - Apr 29 with 2525 viewssmegma

Getting relegated 2 years running is some feat
Junior Hoillet on 12:39 - Apr 29 with 2499 viewsJonDoeman

Junior Hoillet on 12:29 - Apr 29 by smegma

Getting relegated 2 years running is some feat

Teams in the Prem will be put off signing him cos of his 'Jonah' qualities!(amongst other reasons! )

It Is What It Is !!

Junior Hoillet on 12:47 - Apr 29 with 2492 viewsQPunkR

Junior Hoillet on 21:40 - Apr 28 by ted_hendrix

Got the wrong manager then. Arry's a wheeler-dealer, doesn't so much go in for that whole tactics/training kinda thing

QPR - "shit but local"

Junior Hoillet on 12:52 - Apr 29 with 2474 viewsimustbemad

He looks overweight to me and his confidence is shot.
Junior Hoillet on 12:52 - Apr 29 with 2473 viewsHunterhoop

I'm sure there is a good player in there.

He looked excellent for Blackburn last season. At the start of this one he was very good in the cup vs Reading, at home to Everton and away at Spurs. In all games he played up top though.

These last few weeks he's looked woeful though.

Got to a be a fitness, confidence and effort thing.

Can't see interest for him. And being 22, build his confidence, get him fit (he is clearly carrying sme timber) and give him a proper pre-season and let's see. He's too young to cast adrift. He COULD tear up the Championship if he finds the form he showed 2010/11-2011/12.

That's a damn sign cheaper an approach than letting him go for buttons or just loaning him out till his contract expires.
Junior Hoillet on 12:55 - Apr 29 with 2455 viewsHantsR

Junior Hoillet on 21:40 - Apr 28 by ShotKneesHoop

I don't think pre-season tanning is going to help him much.

I think that is the one area he has pasted muster on.

Hmmm a tasty player. I've just pasted some mustard on a bacon sarnie - so I've passed muster on chef skills today.
Junior Hoillet on 13:00 - Apr 29 with 2439 viewsHantsR

One of his most disappointing shortcomings has been first touch - surely a pre-requisite for a winger? Yesterday was no exception - this to me suggests his confidence is shattered. Looking back to his first game, he took on players and had some quite reasonable efforts on goal - all down hill after that.
Junior Hoillet on 16:58 - Apr 29 with 2349 viewsfakekerby

Think we do have to be careful not to base everyone's ability in how they've performed as part of this dreadful collective.

If you took any of our player's individual performances at face value this season then none of them would be good enough, however, we know full well some have the ability to succeed at this level as part of a better unit.

Hoilett could be one. A team devoid of confidence/team spirit soon has an effect on a young lad.
Junior Hoillet on 17:01 - Apr 29 with 2344 viewsNorthernr

Junior Hoillet on 16:58 - Apr 29 by fakekerby

Think we do have to be careful not to base everyone's ability in how they've performed as part of this dreadful collective.

If you took any of our player's individual performances at face value this season then none of them would be good enough, however, we know full well some have the ability to succeed at this level as part of a better unit.

Hoilett could be one. A team devoid of confidence/team spirit soon has an effect on a young lad.

Agree with this. I actually think there's a few killings for teams like Everton, West Ham and Southampton to make this summer by picking up the likes of Hoilett, Granero and Onuoha cheaply and putting them into a more stable, more confident, better coached set up and rebuilding them.
Junior Hoillet on 17:59 - Apr 29 with 2302 viewsPhilmyRs

Junior Hoillet on 16:58 - Apr 29 by fakekerby

I agree with a lot of that too. When I started the thread I was more coming at it from how shocked I’ve been at his lack of impact and ability to get up to the speed of games when he’s come off the bench, rather than his ability per se. Spurs away, Southampton away, Reading in the cup and even Sunderland at home showed the guy can play, other times he’s started he’s looked useful as well. But from the bench he's a different player, it's like a Paladini unknown has just entered the fray. Contrast that with the impact Adel can have from the bench, where he makes things happen, looks inventive, will make a difference etc.

I agree with the view that a lot of players (Hoillet, Onouha, Granero, Cesar, Samba) in a different environment will look like the players we thought they were when they first arrived. Typical QPR luck.
Junior Hoillet on 18:00 - Apr 29 with 2296 viewsCharlie1

I'd keep him. Think he could do well next season.

2:59 baby!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024