Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In Tony Fernandes we trust. 21:52 - Apr 28 with 3812 viewsBrightonhoop

...A rare and decent man in Football. When was the last time you heard a Chairman say 'sorry' for relegation? Some have very short memories and need to go and watch 4 Year Plan again.

Judging by Mark Hughes and the company he keeps, the signings he made, Boswinga laughing away down the tunnel, it would be cheaper to put contracts out on these low life ewer dwelling vermin that have visited a pox on this Club after all we achieved to return from the brink and the Paladini, Tango and Cash era. Very tired of Harry's empty fighting talk without improvement on the pitch week in week out. After Chelcsum away there was hope. After Wigan there was none. Seeing Harry laughing at the end for me puts the Jury out on him. Based on performances I wouldn't miss him. I'd have Warnock back tomorrow.

We are lucky to have TF at the helm; I believe the mistakes made were made in good faith, the look on his face at the end today said it all, it was the pain of a suppporter as well as the financial hit. Rednapp spent £20 Mil in January to get us relegated. Not impressed.

We will bounce back, But wholesale change needs to occurr. Led by TF and someone more football savvy than Mr Beard.
In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 21:56 - Apr 28 with 3150 viewsCiderwithRsie

+1
In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 22:24 - Apr 28 with 3095 viewskropotkin41

I agree that it might be better to pay off some of the bloodsuckers than to keep them. And I do think we are lucky to have TF......... to be honest I think we are even luckier to be a West London club.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 22:29 - Apr 28 with 3079 viewsKiwi76

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 22:24 - Apr 28 by kropotkin41

I agree that it might be better to pay off some of the bloodsuckers than to keep them. And I do think we are lucky to have TF......... to be honest I think we are even luckier to be a West London club.

Agree with that - 100 miles away in any direction and we'd just about be finished.
Fact that there may be a bigger payoff in future with QPR as a part of it will hopefully mean we can compete next season.
Progress on Warren Farm, quick decision on Harry staying/going and f**k knows what kind of summer with comings and goings to see a commited side come Aug.
In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 22:30 - Apr 28 with 3076 viewsTheBlob

Just as a matter of interest.
Everybody's so f*cking smart about the £20m that allegedly was "squandered",who would you have signed at short notice from the gallery of nonentities that were available at Christmas?And don't tell me at the time people thought Samba was a bad move.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 22:41 - Apr 28 with 3026 viewsKiwi76

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 22:30 - Apr 28 by TheBlob

Everybody's so f*cking smart about the £20m that allegedly was "squandered",who would you have signed at short notice from the gallery of nonentities that were available at Christmas?And don't tell me at the time people thought Samba was a bad move.

Great minds Blob - just made similar comment on one of the "blame" threads...
Remy has been worth every penny and Samba has had a mare but could still be a part of solution.
In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 22:44 - Apr 28 with 3012 viewsTheBlob

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 22:41 - Apr 28 by Kiwi76

Remy has been worth every penny and Samba has had a mare but could still be a part of solution.

Just saw your post Kiwi and concur with every syllable.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 22:59 - Apr 28 with 2980 viewsBrightonhoop

My point was HR could have spent fark all to relegate us but he spent £20 Mil on assetts that wont pay back and on wages no else will pay. £20 Mil to get relegated! Seriously underwhelmed by Harry Redknapp.
In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 23:10 - Apr 28 with 2962 viewsessextaxiboy

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 22:59 - Apr 28 by Brightonhoop

My point was HR could have spent fark all to relegate us but he spent £20 Mil on assetts that wont pay back and on wages no else will pay. £20 Mil to get relegated! Seriously underwhelmed by Harry Redknapp.

No... the difference between 20 mil and what we recover from selling them would be the cost to get relegated , and if Samba stays the way to get promoted
Login to get fewer ads

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 23:32 - Apr 28 with 2928 viewsLblock

Returning to the subject

I like Tony, decent fella

But he has a share of culpability in this sorry affair
I think if you asked him he'd admit as much

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 23:37 - Apr 28 with 2910 viewsCanadaRanger

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 23:32 - Apr 28 by Lblock

Returning to the subject

I like Tony, decent fella

But he has a share of culpability in this sorry affair
I think if you asked him he'd admit as much

... and that's why good people say "Sorry".

He's class. Delighted he's there. And I would feel that way with or without the money he's invested.
In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 01:48 - Apr 29 with 2856 viewsmygeneration

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 23:37 - Apr 28 by CanadaRanger

... and that's why good people say "Sorry".

He's class. Delighted he's there. And I would feel that way with or without the money he's invested.

People can make mistakes and say sorry. Respect for that

But even greater respect if they can learn from their mistakes. So far by taking out a loan with Loftus Road as an asset in order to buy a stadium our current attendance would not seem to justify I am not sure.
In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 04:02 - Apr 29 with 2829 viewsMelakaRanger

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 22:41 - Apr 28 by Kiwi76

Absolutely

Too many people using hindsight as foresight! Too many people who just like to slag off rather than offer constructive criticism.

Get behind Tony and his partners and support them in word and deed!

Tonys mistakes have been in putting his trust in supposed 'professionals' that were supposed to be at 'the top' of their field.

He has been let down by a number of management and players. All who are laughing all the way to the bank on the basis of their rank performances.

It may take a couple of seasons to fix things, but fix things he will! Failure is not a word in his vocabulary.

Now is the time to 'keep the faith'.

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 08:47 - Apr 29 with 2745 viewscjc

The dye was set when the takeover happened so late and Warnock didn´t get funds til the last minute. Bang : We lose 4-0 to Bolton at home in our first game back in the Premiership after 15 years.
He had no chance of establishing the team he wanted and we have been playing catchup ever since, making mistake after mistake in trying to get stability.
TF and Co who were novices to football had to raise the moral in the club at a time when it should have been higher than ever, then build an actual team all at the last minute whilst at the same time try and build a club for the future, something we have long been crying out for, more than anything.
We went up because Warnock inspired players who had never proved themselves at the top level and he simply never got the support, the club was in a mess behind the scenes and he had no back up.
We should never have got rid of Warnock and should have given him the support even if we went down with him last season he would have provided stability and got us back up with the right team (that was TF´s biggest mistake: panic)
Pure luck kept us up, nothing else and Hughes inexperience at building a team from the ground up and getting players of worth clearly showed.

TF and Co made mistakes but they were all in the best interest of the club, rolling the dice to try and keep us up. Thank god we have them, because I think it will be totally different once the contracts are sorted.

We probably will not go up next year but over the next 3 or 4 years we will be there or thereabouts with a foundation (training ground, better scouts, team that lead by example for the academy and a new stadium) to build on. The future is a lot brighter with these guys and I wish them the best.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Where there is hoop there's the hoops.

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 09:08 - Apr 29 with 2718 viewsDesertBoot

The smiles before kick-off were a stark contrast to the TF at the final whistle. He looked lost and his head must have been spinning.
Bosingwa symbolic of the past eighteen months.

Wish I could be like David Watts

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 09:10 - Apr 29 with 2710 viewsCharlie1

But he's been very naive.

We don't want an interferring chairman. He's probably been to good a chairman ie yes I'll sign him, him and him.
He needs a football man who knows QPR on the board. Not an agent but someone who can say yes or no.

2:59 baby!

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 09:51 - Apr 29 with 2683 viewsCliff

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 22:30 - Apr 28 by TheBlob

I honestly thought it was a reckless move, stupid money at the wrong time.
In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 09:53 - Apr 29 with 2680 viewsqblockpete

I keep reading Warnock did not get funds to the last minute. He brought in 4 players, SWP, Ferdinand, Puncheon and Barton. Two players turned us down in Danny Graham and Scott Parker.

Did we really need to dismember a team that much, which had just won the Championship? I didn't' see Norwich and Swansea spending millions on players and wages. The latter have since won a Cup final by having a very good scouting system in place.

As for Tony Fernandes he is a nice guy and I suspect he is very sorry for the current plight, though you don't have to like your chairman to be successful. For example, a couple of months ago I remember the Southampton chairman being vilified when he got rid of Nigel Adkins.
In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 10:02 - Apr 29 with 2661 viewstoboboly

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 09:53 - Apr 29 by qblockpete

I keep reading Warnock did not get funds to the last minute. He brought in 4 players, SWP, Ferdinand, Puncheon and Barton. Two players turned us down in Danny Graham and Scott Parker.

Did we really need to dismember a team that much, which had just won the Championship? I didn't' see Norwich and Swansea spending millions on players and wages. The latter have since won a Cup final by having a very good scouting system in place.

As for Tony Fernandes he is a nice guy and I suspect he is very sorry for the current plight, though you don't have to like your chairman to be successful. For example, a couple of months ago I remember the Southampton chairman being vilified when he got rid of Nigel Adkins.

Gorkss was sold from under Warnock so he definately needed a CB. Four players in 10 days isn't too bad and on paper all were decent signings. However he only had 10 days to sign anyone due to not being given any cash by the previous owners and that dopey cn ut who files the paperwork.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 10:06 - Apr 29 with 2635 viewsqblockpete

Not going to bite, just sayone thing

Your memory loss, seems to have forgot we've had 3 transfer windows since then and still not got it right.
In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 10:09 - Apr 29 with 2627 viewstoboboly

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 10:06 - Apr 29 by qblockpete

Not going to bite, just sayone thing

Your memory loss, seems to have forgot we've had 3 transfer windows since then and still not got it right.

Ah, you may not have realised but those other transfer windows didn't involve Warnock.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 11:15 - Apr 29 with 2577 viewsJuzzie

I have it when people use terms like "going forward" and "we must learn from this".

Human nature dictates mistakes will always be made and can never be eradicated but in Fernandes' case, I'll make an exception.... he must learn from this.

He's had two years now and I think his early naivity should be replaced with a bit more cold, hard, reality.

If he sticks by his words and his promises then there is hope for the future.

New training ground underway (though I too will be happy when the first hole is dug) and other off the filed backround areas of the club being addressed.

From little acorns....

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 12:07 - Apr 29 with 2535 viewsWatfordR

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 01:48 - Apr 29 by mygeneration

People can make mistakes and say sorry. Respect for that

But even greater respect if they can learn from their mistakes. So far by taking out a loan with Loftus Road as an asset in order to buy a stadium our current attendance would not seem to justify I am not sure.

Nothing wrong in looking to improving the club medium and long term IMHO. The mistakes have been made in short term decisions and strategy on the pitch, and TF and Co can only be blamed for picking Hughes to take them forward initially (right type of appointment, just the wrong fella as it transpired), and being panicked into replacing him with Redknapp (wrong type of appointment, and couldn't have been a wronger wrong'un if you ask me).

If mistakes are to be learned from, it's being prepared to put a longer term strategy in place with onfield progression, and not worry so much about short term results. Sadly, we could have done that and still ended up where we are right now.
In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 12:10 - Apr 29 with 2530 viewsWeaverQPR

Seems this rift in the squad (old vs new) has had a major effect on our season, so TF must take his fair share of responsibility for this as he created it with his ' buy big names' approach.

I dont have alot of confidence in the board with regard to the playing side of QPR, another money spinning Ji Sung Park pre season tour looms against no mark opposition.

I can see another summer of big spending as TF rolls the dice in attempt to get up first time, 10 players coming in, a few loaned out and the most expensive reserve team ever assembled.

What TF is doing off the pitch seems to be coming together but on it fk me what a mess.

The jury is still out for me, and if i keep hearing how he is such a nice person i think i might just choke on my own vomit.

@WeavQPR

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 12:14 - Apr 29 with 2523 viewsadhoc_qpr

If TF and co have learnt a few lessons and are genuinely here for the long term it will be worth it:

1.) Conduct a proper interview process for new managers in future
2.) Have a budget for transfers and wages (dictated by financial realities) and stick to it
3.) Assess players characters not reputation before signing
In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 12:16 - Apr 29 with 2517 viewsWatfordR

In Tony Fernandes we trust. on 12:10 - Apr 29 by WeaverQPR

Seems this rift in the squad (old vs new) has had a major effect on our season, so TF must take his fair share of responsibility for this as he created it with his ' buy big names' approach.

I dont have alot of confidence in the board with regard to the playing side of QPR, another money spinning Ji Sung Park pre season tour looms against no mark opposition.

I can see another summer of big spending as TF rolls the dice in attempt to get up first time, 10 players coming in, a few loaned out and the most expensive reserve team ever assembled.

What TF is doing off the pitch seems to be coming together but on it fk me what a mess.

The jury is still out for me, and if i keep hearing how he is such a nice person i think i might just choke on my own vomit.

Might be worth stopping and wondering for a minute what we might end up with if TF and Co upped sticks.

Does anyone really REALLY believe we'd ever get anything better?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024