Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR support 06:19 - May 29 with 3345 viewstimcocking

It seemed to me, whilst watching on tv from overseas, that the QPR support was superb away from home. (At home we all know we are usually quiet nowadays, like most stadiums since the terraces are down and the hooligans mostly banned :-( )

I think most sets of fans would have turned to outright hostility towards their team after the sh!t we've had to endure these last two seasons. Can you imagine the Arsenal or Chelsea or United fans if they'd lost almost every week for two years in a humiliating manner? As far as i could tell on the TV, we were singing all game every game. Even the last match away to Liverpool there seemed to be a big vocal away support. That made me feel proud to be an R, well done.
QPR support on 17:25 - May 29 with 590 viewsstowmarketrange

QPR support on 17:21 - May 29 by timcocking

"people standing away from home is a complete pain at times, they are not making any more noise than they would if they sat down"

I must disagree. Nobody will ever sing sitting down. Not everybody who is standing will sing, but nobody sitting down will ever sing. It would be frankly ridiculous to sing battle hymns whilst sitting down.

I do, of course, understand some may find it hard to stand all game, but to me it is not even a possibility to sit unless i had to. If i knew beforehand i'd be made to sit, i wouldn't want to go. Obvious simple solution, have some safe standing areas, as all but the most ardent health and safety nazis want anyway.

Or just move to the back.surely if there was some compromise on both sides,there wouldn't be a problem.
QPR support on 17:30 - May 29 with 587 viewstimcocking

QPR support on 17:25 - May 29 by stowmarketrange

Or just move to the back.surely if there was some compromise on both sides,there wouldn't be a problem.

well of course i always try that, not always possible
QPR support on 17:30 - May 29 with 587 viewstimcocking

QPR support on 17:25 - May 29 by stowmarketrange

well of course i always try that, not always possible
QPR support on 18:26 - May 29 with 573 viewstiberiuskirk

QPR support on 17:23 - May 29 by daveB

your not supposed to stand, I can't for the life of me understand why people feel it;s so important to stand up all the time. It shouldn't make a great deal of difference to your own pride if you stand up for 90 minutes or just when something exciting is happening. You can still sing, cheer and support the team just as well from a seating position as you can standing up. It doesn't bother me either way but when you see kids and older people at games unable to see a thing and getting shouted at for not being proper fans if they are not stood up it's slightly cringe worthy.

I dont know the games gone all cricket on us, cucumber sandwich daveB !!!

Beeeeeeeeeeeeearrrd !!

QPR support on 22:35 - May 29 with 538 viewsdaveB

QPR support on 18:26 - May 29 by tiberiuskirk

I dont know the games gone all cricket on us, cucumber sandwich daveB !!!

you get a top atmosphere at the cricket these days, better than most football matches

if people want to stand i have no problem with it but i don't think those who prefer to sit should be dismissed as non fans etc
QPR support on 04:44 - May 30 with 503 viewstimcocking

QPR support on 22:35 - May 29 by daveB

you get a top atmosphere at the cricket these days, better than most football matches

if people want to stand i have no problem with it but i don't think those who prefer to sit should be dismissed as non fans etc

No, you're fair enough to sit if you want to. It's the fact that people like myself, for who standing and singing is by far the most important thing about the football, aren't permitted to stand which makes me so utterly angry. What kind of fcked up world forces somebody to sit at a a football match? It beggars belief. And this stupid system always does cause needless conflict between the standing fans (who we need to win matches) and the sitters.

We win almost every home game in which the Rangers fans really do get behind the team. Sadly, it's only a couple of times per season.
QPR support on 08:22 - May 30 with 491 viewsYorkRanger

I think it is safe to say next season that there will be plenty of room for those who want to sit and those who want to stand without getting in each others way..
QPR support on 09:29 - May 30 with 475 viewsNortholt_Rs

QPR support on 08:22 - May 30 by YorkRanger

I think it is safe to say next season that there will be plenty of room for those who want to sit and those who want to stand without getting in each others way..

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Login to get fewer ads

QPR support on 10:41 - May 30 with 457 viewsdaveB

QPR support on 04:44 - May 30 by timcocking

No, you're fair enough to sit if you want to. It's the fact that people like myself, for who standing and singing is by far the most important thing about the football, aren't permitted to stand which makes me so utterly angry. What kind of fcked up world forces somebody to sit at a a football match? It beggars belief. And this stupid system always does cause needless conflict between the standing fans (who we need to win matches) and the sitters.

We win almost every home game in which the Rangers fans really do get behind the team. Sadly, it's only a couple of times per season.

I've said for ages they should either bring in safe standing at games, they could do it in the paddocks at LR, or in a seating area have it standing only in the back ten rows. That straight away makes the lives of stewards easier as well as I very much doubt they want to be telling people to sit down for 90 minutes. If you want to stand go to the back , sit got to he front.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024