Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hornets 19:41 - May 29 with 7054 viewsDomDale

This may have been mentioned elsewhere, not sure?

Anyone seen the £2 entry offer for Hornets this weekend? They're really pushing it. Theres no Superleague this weekend to my knowledge and theyre doing a special day for the COOP. It'll be interesting to see what a bit of proactive marketing and ticket offers does for the crowds.Maybe if it works we can try something similar during international break?

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Hornets on 15:54 - May 30 with 1679 viewsVespa

Hornets on 15:39 - May 30 by 100notout

the problem is as 442 says, many of those that might facncy it cba going to all that trouble.

If you want to a special offer to be successful make it as easy as possible for the paying customer.

And thats not just Hornets either - RAFC TAKE NOTE - e.g. having to pay £4 for a switch transaction is a rip off and sometimes its the straw that breaks the camels back

I don't know what the answer is, like you say it's not just Hornets that make fans "do something" to get a discount. It'd be easier for me to just turn up and pay the discounted price but TBH I'm not going to complain too much. I've got a season ticket but it's going to me save me a bit, £4 instead of £17 getting the wife and youngest kid in.

Up the Dale, C'mon Hornets

Hornets on 15:56 - May 30 with 1673 viewsD_Alien

Hornets on 15:52 - May 30 by judd

Well I doubt it would have the feel of a special offer if copious amounts of inconvenient form detection, downloading and filling in of was not involved.

Some of us feel like doing a screen dump

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hornets on 16:12 - May 30 with 1655 viewsVespa

Hornets on 15:56 - May 30 by D_Alien

Some of us feel like doing a screen dump

If there's a discount voucher for it I'll have one as well, but I'm not paying full price.

Hornets on 22:36 - May 30 with 1604 viewsPDIDDY

Hornets on 15:45 - May 30 by Vespa

You would understand the fooking rules anyway being from Bury.

Hey scooter boy, I watch plenty of rugby lg,

Gissa job

Hornets on 11:03 - May 31 with 1563 viewsVespa

Hornets on 22:36 - May 30 by PDIDDY

Hey scooter boy, I watch plenty of rugby lg,

Not in Bury though ehh

Hornets on 11:29 - Jun 2 with 1505 viewsColDale

Hornets on 15:54 - May 30 by Vespa

I don't know what the answer is, like you say it's not just Hornets that make fans "do something" to get a discount. It'd be easier for me to just turn up and pay the discounted price but TBH I'm not going to complain too much. I've got a season ticket but it's going to me save me a bit, £4 instead of £17 getting the wife and youngest kid in.

having seen the voucher, it would appear all you need to do is write your name and address.

it would seem obvious (and praiseworthy) to suggest that there is a bigger picture involved here, and by offering a vastly reduced entry whilst taking contact details, Hornets will be learning who their key audience are and what potential they have. If the usual 400 turn up, then it's game over. But if they get 800+, then they have a bigger market of people they know can be tempted to games.

the family fun day aspect of it is interesting. I know we've done these in the past, but there's never been one done on a matchday before.

The success they have with this might be worth keeping an eye on.
Hornets on 12:31 - Jun 2 with 1470 views442Dale

Hornets on 11:29 - Jun 2 by ColDale

having seen the voucher, it would appear all you need to do is write your name and address.

it would seem obvious (and praiseworthy) to suggest that there is a bigger picture involved here, and by offering a vastly reduced entry whilst taking contact details, Hornets will be learning who their key audience are and what potential they have. If the usual 400 turn up, then it's game over. But if they get 800+, then they have a bigger market of people they know can be tempted to games.

the family fun day aspect of it is interesting. I know we've done these in the past, but there's never been one done on a matchday before.

The success they have with this might be worth keeping an eye on.

Being totally contrary (of course!), collecting info is one plus of such schemes, but only when followed up properly.

Never understood why Dale didn't publicise the work they were planning to do as a follow up to the ticket initiatives of recent seasons - did we collect details from those who took up the '3 for 2' offer for example, then try and establish viewing habits and whether such promotions encourage the casual fan to attend more?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hornets on 13:04 - Jun 2 with 1454 viewsSalwaDale

Hornets on 12:31 - Jun 2 by 442Dale

Being totally contrary (of course!), collecting info is one plus of such schemes, but only when followed up properly.

Never understood why Dale didn't publicise the work they were planning to do as a follow up to the ticket initiatives of recent seasons - did we collect details from those who took up the '3 for 2' offer for example, then try and establish viewing habits and whether such promotions encourage the casual fan to attend more?

Stop asking questions you know the answer to.

Although, the only way they will ever be answered is to keep asking them.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

TBBT

Login to get fewer ads

Hornets on 13:14 - Jun 2 with 1443 viewsTalkingSutty

Hornets on 13:04 - Jun 2 by SalwaDale

Stop asking questions you know the answer to.

Although, the only way they will ever be answered is to keep asking them.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

It would be interesting to know how many took up the 3 for 2 offers in the first place.
Hornets on 13:55 - Jun 2 with 1418 viewsColDale

Hornets on 12:31 - Jun 2 by 442Dale

I'd assume that the collecting info was the main part behind the promotion, and that they have a plan in place for that info.

We've made small steps at Dale. We've had the E-Newsletter which I'm sure will be up and running again for next season. That saw, all three mailing lists combined to ensure its reach, and I'm sure there will be a concerted effort to ensure any gaps in that mailing list are filled in. It's been used in recent weeks to advertise season ticket sales and special promotions.

Hornets on 14:12 - Jun 2 with 1410 views442Dale

Hornets on 13:55 - Jun 2 by ColDale

I'd assume that the collecting info was the main part behind the promotion, and that they have a plan in place for that info.

We've made small steps at Dale. We've had the E-Newsletter which I'm sure will be up and running again for next season. That saw, all three mailing lists combined to ensure its reach, and I'm sure there will be a concerted effort to ensure any gaps in that mailing list are filled in. It's been used in recent weeks to advertise season ticket sales and special promotions.

Things have improved in the areas mentioned, but there has to be a collective effort to get feedback on all aspects of the club and analyse it. Attendance at games would be a good place to start; going off a colleague who purchased the 3 for 2 tickets, there hasn't been any analysis of his attendance at those games and whether he was a regular beforehand (he wasn't and therefore becomes an opportunity to potentially capitalise on).

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hornets on 14:37 - Jun 2 with 1396 viewsDomDale

Why is the Dale/Ratcliffe not open? We're missing some income here surely?

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Hornets on 16:22 - Jun 2 with 1351 viewsColDale

809 there today.
Hornets on 16:24 - Jun 2 with 1348 viewsSuddenLad

Hornets on 16:22 - Jun 2 by ColDale

809 there today.

Blimey, that's nearly a crowd.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024