Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
dunne having medical. 10:19 - Jul 12 with 7039 viewsconnell10

just been told by the same mate who tipped me off about simpson, that dunne is having a medical and will then sign! dont know how true it is but he was right about simpson!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

dunne having medical. on 11:21 - Jul 12 with 1348 viewsRangerJim

Plus - get Parker & Crouch in and it will be a good "experienced" British spine to the team. What with Greeno in goal.

With Mclaren in there coaching them, its like an ex-international old-boys club.

Just need to get rid of Boswinger. Please.
dunne having medical. on 11:22 - Jul 12 with 1337 viewssimmo

+ - Experience, will be commited, leadership, none of this player power shite, could be new Nelsen

- 33, Not played for a year, coming back from long term injury, short term fix, could once again push Onouha out

Overall I think we could do worse but its hardly inspiring. I would rather have Dunne in and around the first team as an option than Tal Ben fckin Haim.

Meh.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

dunne having medical. on 11:25 - Jul 12 with 1292 viewsRangerJim

Im 33, like a beer and still feel fit. Thats without training 3 times a week and having played international football most of my career.

Certainly not past it for Championship level. Could well be the new Nelsen.

He's a leader. A big Irish one at that.

dunne having medical. on 11:26 - Jul 12 with 1285 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Oz,

On the beer? Haven't heard any stories about Dunne misbehaving in years. Then again, I don't really read the papers. Have I missed something?

If he's on a pay-for-play then this mightn't be the worst deal going, but would prefer to see more players leaving before we sign anyone.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

dunne having medical. on 11:32 - Jul 12 with 1261 viewsfakekerby

dunne having medical. on 11:22 - Jul 12 by simmo

+ - Experience, will be commited, leadership, none of this player power shite, could be new Nelsen

- 33, Not played for a year, coming back from long term injury, short term fix, could once again push Onouha out

Overall I think we could do worse but its hardly inspiring. I would rather have Dunne in and around the first team as an option than Tal Ben fckin Haim.

Meh.

What's Ben Haim done wrong for us so far?

A damn sight cheaper than Dunne as well.
dunne having medical. on 11:33 - Jul 12 with 1258 viewsPinnerPaul

dunne having medical. on 11:19 - Jul 12 by ozexile

Don't want to rain on everyone's parade.
Permanently injured,permanently on the beer.
Scores own goals for fun and turns like the seasons.
What a wonderful signing.

That'll be why he'splayed so many years at the top level inc international football then!
dunne having medical. on 11:41 - Jul 12 with 1232 viewsozexile

dunne having medical. on 11:33 - Jul 12 by PinnerPaul

That'll be why he'splayed so many years at the top level inc international football then!

Surely we can scout every team in div 1 &2 and find a prospect?
dunne having medical. on 11:42 - Jul 12 with 1227 viewsdaveB

dunne having medical. on 11:41 - Jul 12 by ozexile

Every club is scouting these players, if they are english and a prospect they are expensive
Login to get fewer ads

dunne having medical. on 11:45 - Jul 12 with 1212 viewssimmo

dunne having medical. on 11:32 - Jul 12 by fakekerby

Ben Haim is shit. He is a shit player that plays only for inflated wages and hangs around like a bad smell. Apart from the fact anything to do with him and Harry always seems dodgy he has only played with a semblance of enthusiasm to gain a contract.

I dont know one fan of any of the (many) teams that he played for with a positive word to say about him. Also he is fat and has a massive head.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

dunne having medical. on 11:47 - Jul 12 with 1200 viewssuperhooper83

Seems like this deal is almost Dunne and dusted..........
dunne having medical. on 11:49 - Jul 12 with 1184 viewsbaz_qpr

dunne having medical. on 11:47 - Jul 12 by superhooper83

Seems like this deal is almost Dunne and dusted..........

Surely one for the epic crouch thread
dunne having medical. on 11:51 - Jul 12 with 1175 viewsheadhoops

he's not signing as a defender - he's coming in to partner Crouchie up front - Dunnes scored more goals for us than most of the forwards we have!

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

dunne having medical. on 11:59 - Jul 12 with 1136 viewsPinnerPaul

dunne having medical. on 11:41 - Jul 12 by ozexile

and then another 20 people will say why aren't we after Premiership players
dunne having medical. on 11:59 - Jul 12 with 1138 viewsEastR

dunne having medical. on 11:25 - Jul 12 by RangerJim

Im 33, like a beer and still feel fit. Thats without training 3 times a week and having played international football most of my career.

Certainly not past it for Championship level. Could well be the new Nelsen.

He's a leader. A big Irish one at that.

Hey Jim, that's not a bad CV.

How much do you want to sign for us (and can I be your agent) ?

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

dunne having medical. on 12:03 - Jul 12 with 1114 viewsNorthernr

dunne having medical. on 11:32 - Jul 12 by fakekerby

So far, in five appearances, not much. Overall though he's fat, slow and sht. He'll get a long term contract and then go back to playing like an absolute dog as he has done for the last seven years of his career.
dunne having medical. on 12:04 - Jul 12 with 1093 viewsJonDoeman

dunne having medical. on 11:45 - Jul 12 by simmo

Ben Haim is shit. He is a shit player that plays only for inflated wages and hangs around like a bad smell. Apart from the fact anything to do with him and Harry always seems dodgy he has only played with a semblance of enthusiasm to gain a contract.

I dont know one fan of any of the (many) teams that he played for with a positive word to say about him. Also he is fat and has a massive head.

And he looks like your uncle...........;)

It Is What It Is !!

dunne having medical. on 12:11 - Jul 12 with 1066 viewsdanehoop

dunne having medical. on 12:03 - Jul 12 by Northernr

So far, in five appearances, not much. Overall though he's fat, slow and sht. He'll get a long term contract and then go back to playing like an absolute dog as he has done for the last seven years of his career.

Clive,

I suspect that our reluctance to offer anything other than either a cheap or short term contract was one of the reasons he tested the market so to speak at the end of last season. We maybe the only real offer on the table at the moment and to be fair he has done a damn site better playing for us than Anton managed for most of last year. So Ben Haim may not be a bad back up player for us at centre back, I'd much prefer him to Anton who genuinely doesn't look fit or effective when he plays for us. Ben Haim doesn't get me nervous just waiting for some ridiculous piece of switching off inviting an unexpected chance for the opposition.

If he is cheap, and particularly if we can offload Anton to someone who believes that his last name adds value, then all the better.

Never knowingly understood

dunne having medical. on 12:16 - Jul 12 with 1043 viewsNorthernr

dunne having medical. on 12:11 - Jul 12 by danehoop

Clive,

I suspect that our reluctance to offer anything other than either a cheap or short term contract was one of the reasons he tested the market so to speak at the end of last season. We maybe the only real offer on the table at the moment and to be fair he has done a damn site better playing for us than Anton managed for most of last year. So Ben Haim may not be a bad back up player for us at centre back, I'd much prefer him to Anton who genuinely doesn't look fit or effective when he plays for us. Ben Haim doesn't get me nervous just waiting for some ridiculous piece of switching off inviting an unexpected chance for the opposition.

If he is cheap, and particularly if we can offload Anton to someone who believes that his last name adds value, then all the better.

It depends what you mean by cheap. If he offered to play for a grand a week I might consider him as a water carrier or something.

If we're judging signings by Anton Ferdinand standards then we're in trouble. I'm struggling to think of a defender playing in the top three divisions I wouldn't have ahead of Anton Ferdinand. If our standard is "well he's better than Anton Ferdinand" then we could be looking at three quarters of a million people this summer.

Ben Haim will play and play well until such time as we give him a contract of any length. He will then go back to being awful. Since he left Bolton he has been seriously well paid and seriously fcking awful in a variety of different situations at Chelsea, Man City, Portsmouth, Sunderland and West Ham. Portsmouth, Championship club, literally couldn't get rid of him quick enough.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
dunne having medical. on 12:31 - Jul 12 with 970 viewsrsonist

I suppose Dunne can probably still do a job, and he'll likely help out with team spirit. (ie he'll be skulking around on the sidelines in the little group of Derry, Hill, Mackie and Green looking like a local UKIP rally.)

I wouldn't want him played ahead of Hill however, and as noted God forbid alongside him. Presumably Dunne knows Onuoha quite well though?
dunne having medical. on 12:32 - Jul 12 with 966 viewsfakekerby

dunne having medical. on 12:03 - Jul 12 by Northernr

Dunne being what exactly? Slim, athletic and quick?

He's no better at all.

dunne having medical. on 12:33 - Jul 12 with 949 viewsAntti_Heinola

dunne having medical. on 11:13 - Jul 12 by daveB

Or Dunne will play with Onoura and we'll use Onoura's pace for such a problem

Oh FFS, don't tell me we're signing Iffy Onoura as well? Isn't he in his forties?

My two-penneth on Dunne: Good player, strong, big defender, a leader, the fabled 'right sort'. Will probably be fine for one season, maybe even two or three, who knows?

But it's yet another player the wrong side of 32 who won't be coming on small wages, another short term signing another one that smacks of 'Arry picking a player he's heard of and who's available. I really, really wish we'd start looking at younger players and think of the next 5 years, not the next 12 months. Good to see Broomfield doing his usual amazing scouting work.

Bare bones.

dunne having medical. on 12:37 - Jul 12 with 933 viewsrsonist

In some ways signing Dunne would seem like HR and co have recognised they can't be bothered to properly coach a defence so they get an experienced coach on the field to sort it.

If we were signing for the longer term I like the look of Rhys Williams at Boro. There's others like James Tomkins and Harry Maguire who are talented but would crumble mentally in this side.
dunne having medical. on 12:39 - Jul 12 with 920 viewsJonDoeman

Played like a dog for the last 7 years?
I take it you never saw Ireland play in Moscow 2 years ago!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Happily for Ireland, Richard Dunne was on theirs and his performance verged on the superhuman"
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/sep/06/russia-republic-ireland-euro-2012

Always rated him as a man & player, whether he'll be a good signing or not I don't know, I've given up guessing!

It Is What It Is !!

dunne having medical. on 12:46 - Jul 12 with 889 viewsrsonist

There's only one solution for the future of our CB position. You can't fight destiny.

http://www.nigerianwatch.com/news/1385-dominic-iorfa-junior-gets-called-up-to-en
dunne having medical. on 12:50 - Jul 12 with 869 viewsHollowayRanger

would give us a no nonsence leader at the back

he'll sort barton and co out

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024