Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
dunne having medical. 10:19 - Jul 12 with 6871 viewsconnell10

just been told by the same mate who tipped me off about simpson, that dunne is having a medical and will then sign! dont know how true it is but he was right about simpson!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

dunne having medical. on 12:50 - Jul 12 with 1191 viewsdaveB

dunne having medical. on 12:16 - Jul 12 by Northernr

It depends what you mean by cheap. If he offered to play for a grand a week I might consider him as a water carrier or something.

If we're judging signings by Anton Ferdinand standards then we're in trouble. I'm struggling to think of a defender playing in the top three divisions I wouldn't have ahead of Anton Ferdinand. If our standard is "well he's better than Anton Ferdinand" then we could be looking at three quarters of a million people this summer.

Ben Haim will play and play well until such time as we give him a contract of any length. He will then go back to being awful. Since he left Bolton he has been seriously well paid and seriously fcking awful in a variety of different situations at Chelsea, Man City, Portsmouth, Sunderland and West Ham. Portsmouth, Championship club, literally couldn't get rid of him quick enough.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

i don't think he is any better than Ferdinand who is nowhere near as bad as some make out, not good enough for the Prem but if we get Anton focused he could be a very useful player in the championship, i mean even Fitz Hall looked alright at that level
dunne having medical. on 12:51 - Jul 12 with 1185 viewsdaveB

dunne having medical. on 12:37 - Jul 12 by rsonist

In some ways signing Dunne would seem like HR and co have recognised they can't be bothered to properly coach a defence so they get an experienced coach on the field to sort it.

If we were signing for the longer term I like the look of Rhys Williams at Boro. There's others like James Tomkins and Harry Maguire who are talented but would crumble mentally in this side.

those three would cost a lot of money though and disagree they can't be bothered to coach a defence, they had the defence pretty solid when they came in last year, we only started shipping goals again when we had to try and push for wins and left ourselves exposed at the baqck
dunne having medical. on 12:55 - Jul 12 with 1154 viewsJamie

Steve Sidwell next.
dunne having medical. on 13:06 - Jul 12 with 1121 viewsrichranger

Hmm another defender. Yesterday we seemed to have about 10 in the 2 halves at Exeter but not 2 strikers. Hopefully we'll get some strikers too...
dunne having medical. on 13:12 - Jul 12 with 1082 viewsmakaveli1882

dunne having medical. on 12:39 - Jul 12 by JonDoeman

Played like a dog for the last 7 years?
I take it you never saw Ireland play in Moscow 2 years ago!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Happily for Ireland, Richard Dunne was on theirs and his performance verged on the superhuman"
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/sep/06/russia-republic-ireland-euro-2012

Always rated him as a man & player, whether he'll be a good signing or not I don't know, I've given up guessing!

what was Ben Haim doing playing for Ireland in Moscow ?
dunne having medical. on 13:22 - Jul 12 with 1050 viewsNorthernr

dunne having medical. on 12:39 - Jul 12 by JonDoeman

Played like a dog for the last 7 years?
I take it you never saw Ireland play in Moscow 2 years ago!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Happily for Ireland, Richard Dunne was on theirs and his performance verged on the superhuman"
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/sep/06/russia-republic-ireland-euro-2012

Always rated him as a man & player, whether he'll be a good signing or not I don't know, I've given up guessing!

I was talking about Ben Haim. I quite like Dunne.
dunne having medical. on 13:25 - Jul 12 with 1031 viewsBklynRanger

dunne having medical. on 12:55 - Jul 12 by Jamie

Steve Sidwell next.

MORE GINGERS

I've no problem with Dunne coming in. Like Crouch, I wouldn't have much faith in him at the top level these days but he could easily have an Indian Summer with us.
dunne having medical. on 13:43 - Jul 12 with 1003 viewscelbridgeranger

As a long time qpr fan and being Irish dunne would be a solid signing. I watched him in Ireland's last friendly and he played well, considering only back from long injury. If fit he will lead the back line. He is a no noncence old style defender and we could do worse. We've had a good crop of Irish players over the years
Login to get fewer ads

dunne having medical. on 13:48 - Jul 12 with 986 viewsBAWHoops

Hill, Onouha, Dunne is reliable enough for The Championship

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

dunne having medical. on 14:26 - Jul 12 with 899 viewsderbyhoop

So our likely targets are Dunne, Parker and Crouch.

It's a good job we are bringing in youngsters that will develop and have a significant sell on value in the future.

The average age of the squad that went to Devon was 28. And that included Sanusi (20), Taarabt (24) and Yun who was awful. Sanusi may not be given a contract and Taarabt looks on his way.

If we supplement our aging squad with the 3 first named, and we do manage to go straight back up, we will have to buy a complete new squad next Summer.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

dunne having medical. on 14:36 - Jul 12 with 873 viewssimmo

But that will probably not be Redknapps problem so why does he give a fck!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

dunne having medical. on 14:40 - Jul 12 with 862 viewsdaveB

we're close to signing Gary Hooper as well but that might be a bit too positive for some people
dunne having medical. on 14:43 - Jul 12 with 855 viewsjamois

Personally not happy about this. Nowhere near the player he was 2 years ago. Plus Harry and Tony clearly seem to be building a squad to take us straight back up. If that doesn't happen then I don't see things going well. It's been said here before already, we need more investment in promising youth, dynamic players with skill who want to fight.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

dunne having medical. on 14:44 - Jul 12 with 854 viewsNorthernr

dunne having medical. on 14:26 - Jul 12 by derbyhoop

So our likely targets are Dunne, Parker and Crouch.

It's a good job we are bringing in youngsters that will develop and have a significant sell on value in the future.

The average age of the squad that went to Devon was 28. And that included Sanusi (20), Taarabt (24) and Yun who was awful. Sanusi may not be given a contract and Taarabt looks on his way.

If we supplement our aging squad with the 3 first named, and we do manage to go straight back up, we will have to buy a complete new squad next Summer.

Firstly it's not really in Redknapp's interests to be looking at long term, which is why I'm not convinced he should be staying on.

But secondly, the situation that squad is in now means we need some big characters in the dressing room to grab it by the scruff of the neck and stop this half arsd fcking about which, it has to be said, mainly centres around the foreign players in the squad.

So while I don't want to see a team of 30 year olds, I can see the benefit of Dunne, Parker, Crouch etc as long as we're also adding younger players around them. If we went and signed a load of lower league kids and put them into the current dressing room it wouldn't do them or us any good - look how Hoilett went last season for example.

All about balance.
dunne having medical. on 14:47 - Jul 12 with 845 viewsjamois

dunne having medical. on 14:44 - Jul 12 by Northernr

Firstly it's not really in Redknapp's interests to be looking at long term, which is why I'm not convinced he should be staying on.

But secondly, the situation that squad is in now means we need some big characters in the dressing room to grab it by the scruff of the neck and stop this half arsd fcking about which, it has to be said, mainly centres around the foreign players in the squad.

So while I don't want to see a team of 30 year olds, I can see the benefit of Dunne, Parker, Crouch etc as long as we're also adding younger players around them. If we went and signed a load of lower league kids and put them into the current dressing room it wouldn't do them or us any good - look how Hoilett went last season for example.

All about balance.

ok, I can go with that just about, so long as they start adding to that balance NOW. No more has-beens. For me, 2 maximum of Dunne, Parker and Crouch would have been enough.

dunne having medical. on 14:48 - Jul 12 with 839 viewsNorthernr

dunne having medical. on 14:47 - Jul 12 by jamois

ok, I can go with that just about, so long as they start adding to that balance NOW. No more has-beens. For me, 2 maximum of Dunne, Parker and Crouch would have been enough.

Well we haven't got any of them yet so maybe we will only get one or two.
dunne having medical. on 14:50 - Jul 12 with 831 viewsdaveB

All this talk about planning for the future will all go out of the window if we lose a few games. Clubs with a 5 year plan are always 5 years away from being any good. Let the academy look for players who will be good in 5 years, Redknapps job is to get players who will be good this season.
dunne having medical. on 14:53 - Jul 12 with 814 viewsBklynRanger

dunne having medical. on 14:40 - Jul 12 by daveB

we're close to signing Gary Hooper as well but that might be a bit too positive for some people

Whom can I ask is your source for this Dave?
dunne having medical. on 14:54 - Jul 12 with 817 viewsadhoc_qpr

Another problem with Dunne is that between him, Hill, Onouha and Anton we'd have exactly zero ability to play the ball out from the back, meaning lumping it at a half fit Zamora or 5'5 AJ...

We need a left back, left wing, attack focused midfielder and at least 1 striker minimum.
dunne having medical. on 15:02 - Jul 12 with 793 viewsjamois

dunne having medical. on 14:50 - Jul 12 by daveB

All this talk about planning for the future will all go out of the window if we lose a few games. Clubs with a 5 year plan are always 5 years away from being any good. Let the academy look for players who will be good in 5 years, Redknapps job is to get players who will be good this season.

I disagree. As a Chairman, would you hire a manager who saw his job as only buying players who would be good for one season? A greater balance between doing the job now and having a squad that can develop together and improve needs to be established, regardless of whether you're QPR, Exeter or Liverpool. And as for our academy, well...

dunne having medical. on 15:04 - Jul 12 with 785 viewsdaveB

dunne having medical. on 14:53 - Jul 12 by BklynRanger

Whom can I ask is your source for this Dave?

Fella from our Manchester office is his cousin or some sort of relation, he told me last week we were in for him and he is keen on a move to england. He was holding out for a premier league team but no one has come in yet
dunne having medical. on 15:05 - Jul 12 with 780 viewsTheBlob

dunne having medical. on 14:47 - Jul 12 by jamois

I'd rather have has beens than never was es and never will be's

Poll: So how was the season for you?

dunne having medical. on 15:07 - Jul 12 with 779 viewsdaveB

dunne having medical. on 15:02 - Jul 12 by jamois

I disagree. As a Chairman, would you hire a manager who saw his job as only buying players who would be good for one season? A greater balance between doing the job now and having a squad that can develop together and improve needs to be established, regardless of whether you're QPR, Exeter or Liverpool. And as for our academy, well...

all very well buying for 5/10 seasons but all anyone ever cares about is the next result. You need to strike a balance or you end up a basket case with a new team every season but I would imagine the majority of our signings are with next season in mind rather than 5 years timer.

if we lose our first five games and are bottom is anyone going to say well at least we'll be good in 5 years and not call for the manager to go?
dunne having medical. on 15:25 - Jul 12 with 728 viewsadhoc_qpr

dunne having medical. on 15:07 - Jul 12 by daveB

all very well buying for 5/10 seasons but all anyone ever cares about is the next result. You need to strike a balance or you end up a basket case with a new team every season but I would imagine the majority of our signings are with next season in mind rather than 5 years timer.

if we lose our first five games and are bottom is anyone going to say well at least we'll be good in 5 years and not call for the manager to go?

I think we could easily sign Dunne, Parker and Crouch and still lose our first 5 games TBH!

21st place next season will do me, mid-table i'd be happy and a late playoff charge i'd be ecstatic.

We currently have a bad defence, sloppy midfield, non-existent attack, no game plan and a disjointed, malcontent, unbalanced squad - hopefully Redknapp can resolve some of those issues this summer, but i'm not holding my breath.
dunne having medical. on 15:25 - Jul 12 with 727 viewsBklynRanger

dunne having medical. on 15:04 - Jul 12 by daveB

Fella from our Manchester office is his cousin or some sort of relation, he told me last week we were in for him and he is keen on a move to england. He was holding out for a premier league team but no one has come in yet

Cheers. I suppose it depends how long he holds out for.

Chunks of TF-sanctioned readies might make the difference.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024