Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hills Comments After Game 22:43 - Aug 10 with 11618 viewsCoventryDale

Keith Hill Was Livid After The Red Card But Even Though The Referee And The 1 Nil Lose He Said He Was Happy With The Possession.

Poll: Appeal?

Hills Comments After Game on 23:25 - Aug 10 with 7525 viewsColDale

on the beeb

"I think 90% of the crowd would tell you it wasn't a sending-off.
"I know the coaches on both benches and the majority of players realise, because they've actually played the game, that it wasn't a sending-off and it was purely accidental.
"What helped make the referee's decision was the challenge previously, where Peter probably should have been booked, and he didn't book him. Instead of booking him for the second offence, he decided to show him a straight red.
"We'll have a look at it [appealing]. It costs the club a lot of money to appeal, but it will cost the club for Peter to be suspended for three games."
Hills Comments After Game on 00:44 - Aug 11 with 7410 views442Dale

Having now seen it on tv, it's an understandable decision. Cavanagh may well have had his eyes on the ball all the way but it was a dangerous challenge.

Little point in appealing.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hills Comments After Game on 01:11 - Aug 11 with 7371 viewsblakeyj

Looking at it on FLS it was quite like the nani sending off against real madrid this year that was very debatable
Hills Comments After Game on 01:36 - Aug 11 with 7354 viewsKenBoon

Hills Comments After Game on 00:44 - Aug 11 by 442Dale

Having now seen it on tv, it's an understandable decision. Cavanagh may well have had his eyes on the ball all the way but it was a dangerous challenge.

Little point in appealing.

I've not seen it yet, but dangerous isn't a red card. you need to be a psycho about it too. Dangerous is a yellow card... unless they've changed the laws again!
Hills Comments After Game on 07:19 - Aug 11 with 7249 viewsdavidab2202

Seen it on FLS- possibly a bit unlucky in that Cav was turning towards their player with his foot raised in an attempt to control ball going beyond him.Is it worth an appeal--probably not as with a Ref only officiating in his second game at this level it may be seen as a knock to his confidence to overturn his decision .Accept it and get on to the next game.
Hills Comments After Game on 08:19 - Aug 11 with 7190 viewsColDale

Hills Comments After Game on 07:19 - Aug 11 by davidab2202

Seen it on FLS- possibly a bit unlucky in that Cav was turning towards their player with his foot raised in an attempt to control ball going beyond him.Is it worth an appeal--probably not as with a Ref only officiating in his second game at this level it may be seen as a knock to his confidence to overturn his decision .Accept it and get on to the next game.

I don't think there's any chance of winning an appeal having seen the replays. Yes there was no malice and Weir made a meal of it, but the foot was high and will be deemed as being dangerous. A shame for Cav as if the team does well in his absence, he might struggle to get his place back.
Hills Comments After Game on 09:06 - Aug 11 with 7110 viewsTalkingSutty

Hills Comments After Game on 08:19 - Aug 11 by ColDale

I don't think there's any chance of winning an appeal having seen the replays. Yes there was no malice and Weir made a meal of it, but the foot was high and will be deemed as being dangerous. A shame for Cav as if the team does well in his absence, he might struggle to get his place back.

To be fair Cav was lucky not to be booked for a similar challenge just prior to the red card.

Hilly was bemoaning the fact he had to substitute Henderson because he didnt trust the referee not to send him off having previously been booked. In reality Henderson needs a good bo*******g for stupidly kicking the ball away and giving the ref no option but to book him, he let his team down and forced the managers hand.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Hills Comments After Game on 10:10 - Aug 11 with 6964 viewsCockneyDale

I agree: no point appealing as there's enough there to justify the decision. 'Umpire's decision', if it were cricket.

Sad that he misses three games as there is very clearly no malice to the incident (I won't even call it a tackle as he didn't know there was anyone there).

An opportunity for someone else to shine and for Cav to get a rest and work hard in training.

Seems like we have much to be proud of in the performance: well done to the team.
Login to get fewer ads

Hills Comments After Game on 11:05 - Aug 11 with 6848 viewswmgunit

Seeing the replay, it's not malicious but very clumsy from a player who had just received a warning. Not worth appealing that one.
Hills Comments After Game on 11:17 - Aug 11 with 6822 viewsSandyman

Didn't look as bad at the game - Cav was clearly ball watching and did appear to win it. He couldn't have known there would be a Burton player behind him - bad luck. Throughout the game the ref was very inconsistent and missed some blatantly obvious fouls. However, the Football League will defend a new ref, even a shocker like the one we got yesterday. Appeal would not overturn a IMHO.
Hills Comments After Game on 13:49 - Aug 11 with 6601 viewsisitme

Having just watched the challenge again I can see why he was sent off as it was high. I do not think for one minute that it was malicious and some other refs would have used a bit of empathy and common sense and not sent him off.

I cannot see an appeal being successful, unfortunately.
Hills Comments After Game on 14:25 - Aug 11 with 6564 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hills Comments After Game on 09:06 - Aug 11 by TalkingSutty

To be fair Cav was lucky not to be booked for a similar challenge just prior to the red card.

Hilly was bemoaning the fact he had to substitute Henderson because he didnt trust the referee not to send him off having previously been booked. In reality Henderson needs a good bo*******g for stupidly kicking the ball away and giving the ref no option but to book him, he let his team down and forced the managers hand.

These are two of our experienced players........both giving the new Ref no options.

Poor form lads.

Must have cost us a least a point?
Hills Comments After Game on 14:56 - Aug 11 with 6503 viewsShun

Hills Comments After Game on 09:06 - Aug 11 by TalkingSutty

I don't think Henderson was booked for kicking the ball away, was he? I think it was one of those "I'll sneakily walk in front of you before you try and take the free kick" moments.

I wonder who'll take Cav's place? I haven't seen Hery yet but people were suggesting he was in the defensive midfielder mould?
Hills Comments After Game on 15:01 - Aug 11 with 6492 viewsisitme

He kicked the ball away when the ball was set for a Burton free kick , which was an obvious, but unnecessary yellow card.

I think Tutte is the 'next cab off the rank' with Lund playing a deeper role.
Hills Comments After Game on 16:17 - Aug 11 with 6382 viewssandylaner23

The most infuriating thing about the ref was his inconsistency, he was extremely picky and every 50-50 call seemed to go burtons way, even shoulder to shoulder challenges were given as a foul against.
And to top it all in the 2nd half the blatant 2 footed tackle from behind on Lund around the halfway line which didnt even warrant a talking to, can't remember which 1 of theirs it was.
Hills Comments After Game on 16:33 - Aug 11 with 6337 viewsSalwaDale

Hills Comments After Game on 15:01 - Aug 11 by isitme

He kicked the ball away when the ball was set for a Burton free kick , which was an obvious, but unnecessary yellow card.

I think Tutte is the 'next cab off the rank' with Lund playing a deeper role.

I'm sure he was booked for standing in front, they took a quick one straight at him and he got booked.

TBBT

Hills Comments After Game on 16:59 - Aug 11 with 6302 viewsAtThePeake

Hills Comments After Game on 16:33 - Aug 11 by SalwaDale

I'm sure he was booked for standing in front, they took a quick one straight at him and he got booked.

Nope, he definitely rolled the ball a whole yard away.

For me, it's a very unlucky sending off. I understand why the laws are there and why it's a red card, but anyone who has played an 11-a-side game at any level will tell you that there was absolutely nothing Cav could do. He went to control the ball, and there just so happened to be a Burton player there at the wrong place and the wrong time.

Tangled up in blue.

Hills Comments After Game on 17:09 - Aug 11 with 6276 viewsBrierls

Hendo was booked for blocking a quick freekick, not kicking the ball away. Players do it for pretty much every freekick, but refs only take action when the player taking the freekick purposely hits it against the offender.

Cav was unlucky with the red card, but there's little point in appealing. I said the same as one of the posters above when comparing to DRS in the cricket; we could appeal, but it is going to be "Umpires Call".
Hills Comments After Game on 17:14 - Aug 11 with 6264 viewsSalwaDale

Controversy with the Henderson booking then, were we all at the same game?

TBBT

Hills Comments After Game on 17:25 - Aug 11 with 6238 viewsYorkshire_Dale

It's good to see that bury did n't let the side down in the stupid red card stakes......

....Cameron booked for foul,argues after resulting penalty is scored,second yellow and off.

Not his day for using the family brain cell.
Hills Comments After Game on 17:31 - Aug 11 with 6227 viewssandylaner1

Hills Comments After Game on 14:56 - Aug 11 by Shun

I don't think Henderson was booked for kicking the ball away, was he? I think it was one of those "I'll sneakily walk in front of you before you try and take the free kick" moments.

I wonder who'll take Cav's place? I haven't seen Hery yet but people were suggesting he was in the defensive midfielder mould?

this was my understanding of the incident at the time too

he was walking back in position but went across the ball and blocked the quick free kick - he was having a good game first half in centre mid

harsh when you factor in the inconsistencies of referee performance when burton players kicked the ball away in the second half and a few tackles that were yellows went unpunished
Hills Comments After Game on 17:52 - Aug 11 with 6184 viewsmr_fri_night

Henderson was booked for kicking the ball away
Hills Comments After Game on 17:54 - Aug 11 with 6184 viewslove_the_dale

Re Cav, it might be useful to look at FIFA's 'Interpretation of Law 12 :-

“CARELESS” means that the player has shown a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or that he acted without precaution.
- NO FURTHER DISCIPLINARY SANCTION is needed if a foul is judged to be careless.

“RECKLESS” means that the player has acted with complete disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, his opponent.
- A player who plays in a reckless manner must be CAUTIONED.

“USING EXCESSIVE FORCE” means that the player has far exceeded the necessary
use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent.
- A player who uses excessive force must be SENT OFF.

If bringing the ball down is careless (!!) then it was a free-kick! There is no way it could have been described as reckless, let alone using excessive force.

Re Henderson, he was booked for kicking the ball away - only a short distance, but nevertheless a silly thing to do. They weren't even trying to take a quick free-kick. I do wonder though why Burton players were not booked on two occasions for kicking the ball a long distance after the whistle had gone.
Hills Comments After Game on 18:22 - Aug 11 with 6138 viewsAtThePeake

Hills Comments After Game on 17:54 - Aug 11 by love_the_dale

Re Cav, it might be useful to look at FIFA's 'Interpretation of Law 12 :-

“CARELESS” means that the player has shown a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or that he acted without precaution.
- NO FURTHER DISCIPLINARY SANCTION is needed if a foul is judged to be careless.

“RECKLESS” means that the player has acted with complete disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, his opponent.
- A player who plays in a reckless manner must be CAUTIONED.

“USING EXCESSIVE FORCE” means that the player has far exceeded the necessary
use of force and is in danger of injuring his opponent.
- A player who uses excessive force must be SENT OFF.

If bringing the ball down is careless (!!) then it was a free-kick! There is no way it could have been described as reckless, let alone using excessive force.

Re Henderson, he was booked for kicking the ball away - only a short distance, but nevertheless a silly thing to do. They weren't even trying to take a quick free-kick. I do wonder though why Burton players were not booked on two occasions for kicking the ball a long distance after the whistle had gone.

Would love to hear the referees reasoning for the red card then. Cav had absolutely no idea the player was there, how can he have used excessive force?

Tangled up in blue.

Hills Comments After Game on 19:15 - Aug 11 with 6075 viewssandylaner1

Hills Comments After Game on 18:22 - Aug 11 by AtThePeake

Would love to hear the referees reasoning for the red card then. Cav had absolutely no idea the player was there, how can he have used excessive force?

he didn't want to look like he bottled a big decision in only his second football league game - probably couldn't wait to get a red out

as he'd already talked to cav he was probably entitled to book him

ref got it wrong and wont have to answer to anyone, not a chance of winning an appeal
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024