Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last season into this? 19:22 - Aug 26 with 14219 viewsGoodGodAlive

Out of the last 36 points we have collected 6. Over a season, that is about 19 points. We finished last season on a beach towel, and started this one admiring our tans and believing that pre season results made us a side ready to battle the top 6. Losing is a habit here now. What chance of us getting in some flair this week?
Last season into this? on 21:26 - Aug 26 with 3457 viewsJackoBoostardo

Let's say I'm a realist here.

We're two games in - we've lost against Manu and Spurs (both well established teams with huge budgets and are commonly known as footballing giants).

It's still very, very early in the season.

We are simultaneously taking part in a European competition. Having played three games so far, we haven't lost.

Swansea have arguably the strongest and most capable team we have ever had.

Michael Laudrup has been a huge catch for us and has very rarely set himself up for a fail (cough *schecter* cough). With this in mind, why would this have changed?

We've had the best pre-season in a long time.

So I ask - two games into the Premier league, why is everyone being so defeatist when we all can't say we didn't know the beginning of this season wasn't going to be easy!??

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Last season into this? on 21:36 - Aug 26 with 3442 viewsSpratty

Last season into this? on 20:58 - Aug 26 by Jackfath

So why do they then revert to vile name calling They must be frustrated as they are clearly confused due to their lack of intelligence. I cannot think of another reason.

To quote yourself:

They should also remember to think "would I say this to the person posting if they were standing in front of me"

I assume you have the wit to understand that vile name calling isn't the only way to insult people( nor necessarily the most effective one). You may want to revisit your quoted post with a view to this. I also think you may find that your logic construct is not entirely well err logical.
Last season into this? on 21:40 - Aug 26 with 3434 viewsJackfath

Last season into this? on 21:36 - Aug 26 by Spratty

To quote yourself:

They should also remember to think "would I say this to the person posting if they were standing in front of me"

I assume you have the wit to understand that vile name calling isn't the only way to insult people( nor necessarily the most effective one). You may want to revisit your quoted post with a view to this. I also think you may find that your logic construct is not entirely well err logical.

I would be quite prepared to say that many of the posters who frequent these boards are of lesser intelligence and are unable to cope with someone who challenges them.

Also, do yourself a favour and refrain from telling me what I should revisit, there's a good boy.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Last season into this? on 21:44 - Aug 26 with 3427 viewsSpratty

Last season into this? on 21:40 - Aug 26 by Jackfath

I would be quite prepared to say that many of the posters who frequent these boards are of lesser intelligence and are unable to cope with someone who challenges them.

Also, do yourself a favour and refrain from telling me what I should revisit, there's a good boy.

There we are you are a wit - I may only be 50% correct on that one though
Last season into this? on 21:48 - Aug 26 with 3414 viewsJonnyTheJack

Last season into this? on 21:24 - Aug 26 by exiledclaseboy

I have to say that when we were losing to Man Utd and Spurs I really wasn't thinking "if only we had Luke Moore as an option here".

Chuckling at that.

Of course both defeats are disappointing but we haven't played poorly in either. We were poor defensively first game but very good yesterday I thought. Soldado rarely had a sniff. We looked good going forward vs united but average yesterday. It's just finding that balance. We certainly missed a striker in both games though, we're a bit toothless without one.

If we do play Michu up top we need the 3 wingers behind him so we have a runner through the middle. Pozuelo would have been perfect for that middle role yesterday.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2013 21:53]
Last season into this? on 21:49 - Aug 26 with 3413 viewscontroversial_jack

We are an established premiership club, no longer the underdogs that have just come up from the lesser league. We need to get out of this inferiority complex and start expecting points against the top sides. We cannot make the excuse that we have played the best sides in the division, but didn't expect to get anything from the game - this is simply not good enough.

I actually think we have gone backwards since winning the cup, as I am sure the stats would show.
Last season into this? on 21:55 - Aug 26 with 3392 viewsDarran

Last season into this? on 21:49 - Aug 26 by controversial_jack

We are an established premiership club, no longer the underdogs that have just come up from the lesser league. We need to get out of this inferiority complex and start expecting points against the top sides. We cannot make the excuse that we have played the best sides in the division, but didn't expect to get anything from the game - this is simply not good enough.

I actually think we have gone backwards since winning the cup, as I am sure the stats would show.

We've proved over the last two seasons we can beat most clubs but we most definitely are the underdogs against United and Spurs.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Last season into this? on 21:59 - Aug 26 with 3382 viewswaynekerr55

Last season into this? on 21:17 - Aug 26 by Phil_S

Are we really berating the decision to get rid of Luke Moore who did a decent job for us as an option for a season and a half but this squad just got better than the likes of Luke Moore.

Not berating, just questioning Phillip.

Is Odemwingie really going to be an "upgrade" on him, given his obvious ego problems?

And Donelly isn't ready, so there has to be a question asked?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

Last season into this? on 22:03 - Aug 26 with 3374 viewsJackoBoostardo

Last season into this? on 21:49 - Aug 26 by controversial_jack

So figures, stats and factually speaking, how many times have we won the Premier League, or competed in the Champions League? How long, compared to Manu and Spurs have we been in the Premier League?

Until we can say we can match these stats - then we will always be considered underdogs. Everyone likes our style, but we can't mask the fact we're a much smaller club.

So yes, we will remain to be underdogs which isn't entirely a bad thing. It generates surprise and more affection to the club.

This isn't an underdog attitude - it's a realistic attitude.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

Last season into this? on 22:05 - Aug 26 with 3365 viewsPlasticman

Last season into this? on 21:55 - Aug 26 by Darran

We've proved over the last two seasons we can beat most clubs but we most definitely are the underdogs against United and Spurs.

Scary when I agree with Dar.

I find it silly when people actually >expect< that we should take points from the top sides while running the lowest or close to lowest budget in the league.

Mind boggling, really.

I'm not expecting points from WBA, arsenal or liverpool either (but hoping for it in all 3 games). If we after those games as well still haven't gotten any I wouldn't be overly concerned. For some on here, though, it sounds like they would be ready for suicide watch then. Palace is the only I'm actually expecting to get points from in the near future.

People seems to need to get back down to planet earth with their expectations.

Plastic since 2012

Last season into this? on 22:09 - Aug 26 with 3356 viewswr72

Them lot up the road winning has made us into what we are tonight.No one expected much from our first 2 games but since they won and are now ahead of us,temporarily,we're all a bit sore.I don't think this should be under-estimated.
Last season into this? on 22:11 - Aug 26 with 3352 viewsSpratty

Last season into this? on 22:05 - Aug 26 by Plasticman

I find it silly when people actually >expect< that we should take points from the top sides while running the lowest or close to lowest budget in the league.

Mind boggling, really.

I'm not expecting points from WBA, arsenal or liverpool either (but hoping for it in all 3 games). If we after those games as well still haven't gotten any I wouldn't be overly concerned. For some on here, though, it sounds like they would be ready for suicide watch then. Palace is the only I'm actually expecting to get points from in the near future.

Last season into this? on 22:12 - Aug 26 with 3344 viewsJackoBoostardo

Mind boggling, really.

We're becoming Chelsea!!! Will we start booing our own manager and players when it looks rough? Constantly expecting a win, not the anticipation of a challenge?

It's a dangerous mindset really! An over-expectation and unrealistic egos are at play here me thinks!

Last season into this? on 22:13 - Aug 26 with 3339 viewsborinifanclub

Last season into this? on 19:42 - Aug 26 by Joe_bradshaw

Let's look at who we've played in those 12 games:

Man U x 2 - enough said.
Spurs x 2 - top 5 team.
Arsenal - who have more points in the last 12 PL games than any team.
Man C - enough said.
Chelsea - enough said.
WBA - we were robbed of a point.
Norwich - Good away point.
Southampton - Point and clean sheet.
Fulham - poor result which didn't reflect the performance on the final day of a wonderful season.

I'm not saying all is well by any means but let's get matters into perspective here.

Believe.

Thank you....... at last the voice of reason

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

Last season into this? on 22:21 - Aug 26 with 3316 viewsbermudajack

Last season into this? on 20:50 - Aug 26 by Jackfath

I made the point that the OP did last night and got hounded out of the place. Some people don't like to read FACTS and haven't the intelligence to respond in a manner which is civilised.

This board is fast becoming a minefield of those with opinions/ views on games, the very few who can understand/appreciate these views and offer debate, then there are those that just attack the OP for having a different viewpoint to their own.

The latter should just pack their bags and leave this forum IMO.

It's for debate see... Not for the keyboard warriors who defend, defend, defend all of the players/ managers regardless (cos their real fans see) and attack/ label or petty name call to try and belittle the OP's viewpoint & character.

You know who you are... Your making a mockery of this forum.

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Last season into this? on 22:23 - Aug 26 with 3259 viewsskippyjack

Mind boggling, really.

I would be concerned if we didn't get any points from the next 4 games.. 6 defeats on the bounce is shocking and unexpected.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Last season into this? on 22:28 - Aug 26 with 3249 viewsJackoBoostardo

Last season into this? on 22:23 - Aug 26 by skippyjack

I would be concerned if we didn't get any points from the next 4 games.. 6 defeats on the bounce is shocking and unexpected.

and unlikely - but why are so many doomsayers here now if they're not trolling? Is this the result of Cardiff winning yesterday against a poor ManCity team (who by the way also lost to a much smaller club - proving every club has their off-days!).

This doesn't make sense. As you say - if this was a repeated problem on the bounce then I would be concerned..... and so would Huw!

Last season into this? on 22:33 - Aug 26 with 3237 viewsGeoffThom

Last season into this? on 22:23 - Aug 26 by skippyjack

Get ready because it could well happen ,as I've said before I can't beliveeople think WBA is a nailed on 3 points
Last season into this? on 22:36 - Aug 26 with 3234 viewsskippyjack

Last season into this? on 22:33 - Aug 26 by GeoffThom

Get ready because it could well happen ,as I've said before I can't beliveeople think WBA is a nailed on 3 points

Well we need points.. We dug ourselves an opportunity at Spurs to only be 1 down with 30 left.. we didn't take any advantage of it.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Last season into this? on 22:41 - Aug 26 with 3224 viewswr72

He'll surely start Bony at the Hawthorns.You could understand,sort of,why he didn't at Spurs but with such a good record there we'd be mad not to start Wilf.
Last season into this? on 22:53 - Aug 26 with 3209 viewsPhil_S

Last season into this? on 21:59 - Aug 26 by waynekerr55

Not berating, just questioning Phillip.

Is Odemwingie really going to be an "upgrade" on him, given his obvious ego problems?

And Donelly isn't ready, so there has to be a question asked?

Given Odemwingies scoring record at this level then yes he is a massive upgrade on Luke Moore.
Last season into this? on 05:12 - Aug 27 with 3152 viewshammy

Last season into this? on 19:42 - Aug 26 by Joe_bradshaw

Let's look at who we've played in those 12 games:

Man U x 2 - enough said.
Spurs x 2 - top 5 team.
Arsenal - who have more points in the last 12 PL games than any team.
Man C - enough said.
Chelsea - enough said.
WBA - we were robbed of a point.
Norwich - Good away point.
Southampton - Point and clean sheet.
Fulham - poor result which didn't reflect the performance on the final day of a wonderful season.

I'm not saying all is well by any means but let's get matters into perspective here.

Believe.

This is one of the more sensible posts I've seen on the subject of our so-called form since the COC final. I went to see most of these games live and from where I was sitting / standing I didn't notice a great difference in either individual or team performance from before the COC final. As indicated we played more top 5 teams in this period and our luck seemed to run out (e.g., we were far better against Fulham at home than away but lost 3-0 as opposed to winning 2-1.

We can't get away from the fact that we are a mid-table standard team which occasionally punches above it's weight. I hate seeing us lose but can more accept it against teams with better players /squads. At present we should be judged on our performances against similar or worse squads, which is what ML keeps espousing. If we start to get poor results and performances against teams that we should do well against (e.g., WBA away) then I think it would be fair game to criticise the management and the team.

I'm hoping that we get a few points in the next 3 games to kick-start our PL season !

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Last season into this? on 06:23 - Aug 27 with 3133 viewsDr_Winston

Last season into this? on 21:24 - Aug 26 by exiledclaseboy

I have to say that when we were losing to Man Utd and Spurs I really wasn't thinking "if only we had Luke Moore as an option here".

I was thinking "If only we weren't playing our best player out of position where he's far less effective. We might have a better chance of getting back into the game", but I guess I just see things differently.

Putting him there is weakening us. Bony should be upfront. If not him then someone else. Moore was the only other viable option we had. Never Michu.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Last season into this? on 08:09 - Aug 27 with 3075 viewsCatullus

This all makes those of us who thought this season would see us pushing the top 6 look a tad silly.
We could easily not have a point after 6 games. And from the reaction on here you'd think we were halfway through the season and pointless!!
We need to get our tiki taka back and we'll be ok......as long as Laudrup doesn't keep Bony on the bench, a decision I am nowhere near understanding. Bony up top, Michu in behind, otherwise why did we spend over 12 million on him?
And lets try defending higher up the pitch, we cannot allow top teams so much space!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Last season into this? on 08:16 - Aug 27 with 3072 views2face

What I have a hard time accepting, is the viewpoint that we are due a win after a certain number of games, regardless of who we are playing. As if Chelsea all of a sudden become a sh_t team just because we haven't had a win in X number of games. I wonder if gravity can disappear too when Swansea haven't won twice in a row.

If you look at the last 10 games of last season plus the first 6 games of this season, you'll get a list of 16 fixtures. In this list there are 8 games against top 7 teams. And in the other 8 matches there are 6 away games and only 2 "easy" home games. It is a statistical anamoly to have such a long list of dificult games. But that doesn't mean the laws of physics will disappear so Swansea can win a certain number of games. If you have a long list of dificult games, you will also likely have a long spell of poor results.

If we were to beat all the top teams and crush the other teams on their home turf, it would be fantastic. But to outright expect it, is silly imo.

(I want to appologize up front if my point doesn't come across correctly. I'm not a native English speaker)
[Post edited 27 Aug 2013 18:38]
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024