Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff City fan in Peace 13:11 - Oct 2 with 8567 viewsAshleyCCFC

Alright Gents,
Just popped over here to get your thoughts on how you think the season has gone for yourselves and us so far and your opinion on new signings ETC . Genuinely just looking for some debate with fans of our rival club so if your just going to hurl abuse my way please refrain from commenting. After experiencing the premier league for the first time in the last 6 games the step up in quality is blatantly obvious and i can see that it is an unforgiving league at the best of times. How do you think the season will pan out for the both of us ?
Cardiff City fan in Peace on 13:32 - Oct 2 with 4588 viewsdeanscfc

You have made some good signings and spent a fair bit of cash - Caulker for definite and possibly Medel are solid players.

You are clearly going to be a hard side to beat because of the way you play (10 men behind the ball and try to nick a goal from what I've seen of your performances so far). You have players who have good set piece delivery and players to get on the end of them. Kim and maybe Odemwingie look to be your creative players. I would say at this stage you will stay up - but there's a long way to go yet. A couple of bad results and those set piece balls may stop falling nicely.

For us, I'm disappointed we haven't beaten one of the big teams although our performances haven't been bad. Liverpool we were excellent against bar the Shelvey mistakes. We've done well in Europe and have a lot of quality in the squad. We have enough quality to be top 10 again but time will tell how Europe affects that.

For the derby games...could go either way. We should be favourites but I think you will defend for your lives and could nick goals.
Cardiff City fan in Peace on 13:34 - Oct 2 with 4583 viewsSnowgoon

I think we're about where we should be after the first few games. Had some nightmare opening fixtures. Many on here think we should be top, I'm chuffed we've got 7 points to be honest.

Good start from yourselves. A couple of big wins. Pick up the odd away win like you have and you'll be ok. 10th for us, 14th for you (providing you stay injury and suspension free).

Listen, you f*cking fringe, if I throw a dog a bone, I don't want to know if it tastes good or not. You stop me again whilst I'm walking, and I'll cut your f*cking Jacobs off

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 13:34 - Oct 2 with 4575 viewswr72

It looks like Laudrup is putting the europa league as priority and just happy to stay up in the league.
Cardiff City fan in Peace on 13:57 - Oct 2 with 4487 viewsAshleyCCFC

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 13:32 - Oct 2 by deanscfc

You have made some good signings and spent a fair bit of cash - Caulker for definite and possibly Medel are solid players.

You are clearly going to be a hard side to beat because of the way you play (10 men behind the ball and try to nick a goal from what I've seen of your performances so far). You have players who have good set piece delivery and players to get on the end of them. Kim and maybe Odemwingie look to be your creative players. I would say at this stage you will stay up - but there's a long way to go yet. A couple of bad results and those set piece balls may stop falling nicely.

For us, I'm disappointed we haven't beaten one of the big teams although our performances haven't been bad. Liverpool we were excellent against bar the Shelvey mistakes. We've done well in Europe and have a lot of quality in the squad. We have enough quality to be top 10 again but time will tell how Europe affects that.

For the derby games...could go either way. We should be favourites but I think you will defend for your lives and could nick goals.

I agree i think both Caulker and Medel have been excellent and are clearly both players of genuine Premier League quality. (Though that is to be expected after what we paid) . Although i think Caulker is an investment and the very minimum we will get if he were to move on would be what we paid. I think your point on the way we play is a tad harsh. Agreed we played with numbers behind the ball against Manchester City and Spurs but i honestly think that with where we are at the moment that was the best policy. (As proven with teh win against Citeh) If we had gone toe to toe and attacked both these teams we would have been on the wrong end of emphatic beatings. However against the teams we have played of similar quality such as Fulham on saturday we had over 20 shots on their goal so you can hardly say we had '10 men behind the ball and tried to nick a goal'. Its all about sizing up your opponents and giving yourself the best chance of getting something. These opening games have given me confidence we can stay in this division.

In regards to you guys obviously its top 12-11 places you should be aiming at finishing again. Was dissapointed in your performances against Man united and Arsenal though agreed you had the better of Liverpool and should have probably got 3 points. Great results against West Brom and Palace though to be fair.I do think that Europe will take its toll on your squad and your league position will suffer as a result of this without question. I do fancy you for a good run in the Europa leauge to be fair and that could become a bigger priority the further you go. Really dissapointed with your £12 mill striker from what i have seen though he is still settling in and could well come good. The Derby games will be fantastic occasions though i think you could be slightly mistaken if you think we will just defend for our lives against you especially at the CC stadium. As well has you have done you don't command the respect of Man City, Spurs ETC just yet. We have players going forward who can hurt teams in this division and your defence especially without Williams does look suspect at times.
Cardiff City fan in Peace on 13:59 - Oct 2 with 4465 viewsWhiterockin

For us season is going OK with the fixtures we have had. On another day we could have picked up a couple of more points from the bigger teams. I expect a middle to top half finish and the knock out stages of Europe. How far we go in Europe will be down to the draw as some big teams could drop out of the Champions League. I expect us to give it a go in the FA cup as ML does like his cups.

As for you, you had an excellent win against Man City and just to show you how strange the Premier League is if you had lost that you would be bottom four now. I expect you to struggle as you need to work hard to get points in this league. If you look at your fixtures from 5th October until 14th December you may only pick up a couple of points then it how the manager/players/fans react. Every team has run of bad results it depends on how long yours will last.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 14:05 - Oct 2 with 4440 views_

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 13:57 - Oct 2 by AshleyCCFC

I agree i think both Caulker and Medel have been excellent and are clearly both players of genuine Premier League quality. (Though that is to be expected after what we paid) . Although i think Caulker is an investment and the very minimum we will get if he were to move on would be what we paid. I think your point on the way we play is a tad harsh. Agreed we played with numbers behind the ball against Manchester City and Spurs but i honestly think that with where we are at the moment that was the best policy. (As proven with teh win against Citeh) If we had gone toe to toe and attacked both these teams we would have been on the wrong end of emphatic beatings. However against the teams we have played of similar quality such as Fulham on saturday we had over 20 shots on their goal so you can hardly say we had '10 men behind the ball and tried to nick a goal'. Its all about sizing up your opponents and giving yourself the best chance of getting something. These opening games have given me confidence we can stay in this division.

In regards to you guys obviously its top 12-11 places you should be aiming at finishing again. Was dissapointed in your performances against Man united and Arsenal though agreed you had the better of Liverpool and should have probably got 3 points. Great results against West Brom and Palace though to be fair.I do think that Europe will take its toll on your squad and your league position will suffer as a result of this without question. I do fancy you for a good run in the Europa leauge to be fair and that could become a bigger priority the further you go. Really dissapointed with your £12 mill striker from what i have seen though he is still settling in and could well come good. The Derby games will be fantastic occasions though i think you could be slightly mistaken if you think we will just defend for our lives against you especially at the CC stadium. As well has you have done you don't command the respect of Man City, Spurs ETC just yet. We have players going forward who can hurt teams in this division and your defence especially without Williams does look suspect at times.

Eff off you boring deluded scumtw@t - talking of Premier League quality in your team, haha, you're a mug, your team are mugs and that owner, well, he's alright.

Shambles joke club just sitting there getting shafted by foreigners. You should be ashamed of yourselves, now if you're done here eff off back to Legoland.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 14:15 - Oct 2 with 4409 viewsSenhin

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 14:05 - Oct 2 by _

Eff off you boring deluded scumtw@t - talking of Premier League quality in your team, haha, you're a mug, your team are mugs and that owner, well, he's alright.

Shambles joke club just sitting there getting shafted by foreigners. You should be ashamed of yourselves, now if you're done here eff off back to Legoland.

F*cking hell...

As for the OP, why are you disappointed in Bony? Loads of people keep saying they are disappointed in him yet he's scored 5 in, what like 8 games, a fair few of which he came on as a sub in?

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 14:31 - Oct 2 with 4343 viewswr72

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 14:15 - Oct 2 by Senhin

F*cking hell...

As for the OP, why are you disappointed in Bony? Loads of people keep saying they are disappointed in him yet he's scored 5 in, what like 8 games, a fair few of which he came on as a sub in?

Because believe it or not,some want him to fail.
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 14:34 - Oct 2 with 4337 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Bony's scored 6 in 7 starts and 3 sub appearances.

Rubbish eh?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 14:39 - Oct 2 with 4322 viewsJackSomething

Fair play, you've made some broadly good points and seem a decent enough sort.

However, for a fan of a team with a strike force of the likes of Campbell, Odemwingie, Gestede and Maynard, you should probably refrain from being critical of a striker who's scored 6 goals in 10 games.

£12m for Bony or £8m for Cornelius? I know he's been injured so can't judge him yet, but that is a lot of money for someone who's only played in Denmark. Even our Danish contingent, who obviously look out for Danish players, were surprised at what you paid for him. Aston Villa paid less for the top scorer in the Europa League!

Also, I am really hopeful you're correct about your team playing for the win in November. We play better away in those circumstances, as you can see from our away record so far this season.

As for the season, early indications for you are good. Long way to go yet, but carry on as you are and safety in mid-table should be achievable.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2013 14:41]

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 14:44 - Oct 2 with 4294 viewsAshleyCCFC

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 14:34 - Oct 2 by Joe_bradshaw

Bony's scored 6 in 7 starts and 3 sub appearances.

Rubbish eh?

I am only talking from of experience what i have seen myself. (The same as you guys when you talk about our style of play). I think that with his price tag and his goal record in the dutch league that there was obviously going to be massive expectations . Those goals (bar a consolation against Man Utd) have come in the Europa league qualifying rounds and carling cup so i think your stats there about how impressive he has been are miselading. Adding to that the fact that he is already starting big games on the bench so clearly i am not the only one with this opinion. Still you are clearly better placed than me to comment on him so if your fanbase are happy with him then that is what im sure will matter to the player most.
Cardiff City fan in Peace on 14:46 - Oct 2 with 4282 viewsAshleyCCFC

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 14:44 - Oct 2 by AshleyCCFC

I am only talking from of experience what i have seen myself. (The same as you guys when you talk about our style of play). I think that with his price tag and his goal record in the dutch league that there was obviously going to be massive expectations . Those goals (bar a consolation against Man Utd) have come in the Europa league qualifying rounds and carling cup so i think your stats there about how impressive he has been are miselading. Adding to that the fact that he is already starting big games on the bench so clearly i am not the only one with this opinion. Still you are clearly better placed than me to comment on him so if your fanbase are happy with him then that is what im sure will matter to the player most.

I would also like to add i have not come on here to slate Bony or any of your players im just giving an honest account.
Cardiff City fan in Peace on 14:52 - Oct 2 with 4257 viewsSenhin

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 14:44 - Oct 2 by AshleyCCFC

He started the Man U game on the bench cos he'd just got back from an international in America like a day and a half before it. He started Arsenal on the bench because Laudrup wanted lots of midfielders on to try and deal with Arsenal.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 14:53 - Oct 2 with 4250 viewsBonjour

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 13:57 - Oct 2 by AshleyCCFC

Whilst we don't command the respect that City and Spurs do, we keep the ball just as well.

You will defend because you will have to as you won't have much of the ball. It will suit us down to the ground if you lot attack us from the off.
Cardiff City fan in Peace on 14:56 - Oct 2 with 4239 viewsAshleyCCFC

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 14:39 - Oct 2 by JackSomething

Fair play, you've made some broadly good points and seem a decent enough sort.

However, for a fan of a team with a strike force of the likes of Campbell, Odemwingie, Gestede and Maynard, you should probably refrain from being critical of a striker who's scored 6 goals in 10 games.

£12m for Bony or £8m for Cornelius? I know he's been injured so can't judge him yet, but that is a lot of money for someone who's only played in Denmark. Even our Danish contingent, who obviously look out for Danish players, were surprised at what you paid for him. Aston Villa paid less for the top scorer in the Europa League!

Also, I am really hopeful you're correct about your team playing for the win in November. We play better away in those circumstances, as you can see from our away record so far this season.

As for the season, early indications for you are good. Long way to go yet, but carry on as you are and safety in mid-table should be achievable.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2013 14:41]

I think what we paid for Fraizer Campbell is brillaint value (£750,000). After his very important goals last season he has already repaid us that and more! If he goes on and scores 6-8 goals then he will have paid us 5 fold in my eyes. As for Cornelius i agree it is a lot of money but surely he can't be judged as he has not yet played bar a cameo against Man city and a few pre- season friendlies. I think we will play for the win agianst you at home(why shouldnt we ?) I think that a lot of your supporters have delusions of how other teams view you and i haven't seen anything from either team yet that suggest they will not be very competitive games. One point i'd like to make is how many of you thought your Korean midfielder last season was a lot superior to ours? I wonder how many now hold the same opinion lol! Having seen your results against WBA and Palarse though you are a genuine mid-table premier league club and shouldnt be worried about bad results against the big boys. Hoping we can finish 16th- 13th that would be brilliant!
Cardiff City fan in Peace on 14:59 - Oct 2 with 4211 viewsAshleyCCFC

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 14:53 - Oct 2 by Bonjour

Whilst we don't command the respect that City and Spurs do, we keep the ball just as well.

You will defend because you will have to as you won't have much of the ball. It will suit us down to the ground if you lot attack us from the off.

With all due respect you keep the ball in your own half just as well. Not in the action areas that these other teams so.
Cardiff City fan in Peace on 15:03 - Oct 2 with 4196 viewsLT10__JS9__SS11

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 14:59 - Oct 2 by AshleyCCFC

With all due respect you keep the ball in your own half just as well. Not in the action areas that these other teams so.

No watch the Liverpool game second half
Cardiff City fan in Peace on 15:10 - Oct 2 with 4175 viewsDevz00

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 14:56 - Oct 2 by AshleyCCFC

I think what we paid for Fraizer Campbell is brillaint value (£750,000). After his very important goals last season he has already repaid us that and more! If he goes on and scores 6-8 goals then he will have paid us 5 fold in my eyes. As for Cornelius i agree it is a lot of money but surely he can't be judged as he has not yet played bar a cameo against Man city and a few pre- season friendlies. I think we will play for the win agianst you at home(why shouldnt we ?) I think that a lot of your supporters have delusions of how other teams view you and i haven't seen anything from either team yet that suggest they will not be very competitive games. One point i'd like to make is how many of you thought your Korean midfielder last season was a lot superior to ours? I wonder how many now hold the same opinion lol! Having seen your results against WBA and Palarse though you are a genuine mid-table premier league club and shouldnt be worried about bad results against the big boys. Hoping we can finish 16th- 13th that would be brilliant!

I think this post is starting to show your true thoughts and feelings. You start off all nicey nice and now you want to slowly start to criticise us. Good stuff.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 15:12 - Oct 2 with 4160 viewspencoedjack

A Dragon who is preaching on how we play football ......
Cardiff City fan in Peace on 15:12 - Oct 2 with 4156 viewsLT10__JS9__SS11

PS. With all due respect who gives you the right to tell people of the planet swans board not to reply
Cardiff City fan in Peace on 15:14 - Oct 2 with 4150 viewspencoedjack

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 15:10 - Oct 2 by Devz00

I think this post is starting to show your true thoughts and feelings. You start off all nicey nice and now you want to slowly start to criticise us. Good stuff.

I was thinking the same Devz ....
(No subject) (n/t) on 15:17 - Oct 2 with 4137 viewsDevz00

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 15:14 - Oct 2 by pencoedjack

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 15:17 - Oct 2 with 4131 viewsDevz00

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 15:14 - Oct 2 by pencoedjack

You can see his tone of voice change through each post .

It's all good in my book, though. Crack on.

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 15:18 - Oct 2 with 4120 viewsAshleyCCFC

Cardiff City fan in Peace on 15:10 - Oct 2 by Devz00

In what way am i criticising you ? I have been nothing but respectful on here. If you think that then you really need to lighten up. If you want to talk about that have a look at the troll above who gave me a load of abuse to which i didnt respond! If your talking about the Kim remark that was a light hearted joke due to the fact that you have got rid of Ki. I suppose you think calling you ' a genuine mid-table premier league side' is criticising you do you ? If that is true then my point about a lot of Swansea Fan's delusions of grandeur is correct (a point which loads of Swansea fans have made in other threads on this board about your fellow supporters). That again is an honest point which im sure a lot of you will agree with and NOT criticism.
Cardiff City fan in Peace on 15:22 - Oct 2 with 4099 views_

The little red tw@t is obviously scared about us coming on here and posting all that guff.

The scum have had a little minor success early doors and a freak result against Man City and they all now think this will be a doddle. 13th to 16th haha!!

I see he's got Campbell down for a bumper 6 goal Premier League haul. He's on 2 now haha!!! Clubs don't give a shit about the promoted teams this time of year, after Christmas lets see you back on here with your pompous nonsense.

Hey, maybe your Korean fella will get you the goals you'll need, someone's got to...

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024